• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
The AU game crew of Auburn University would like to extend an invitation to all Alabama players to come to the That Ain't Falco Tounament

for more info plz visit our thread or contact me

Thread Link: That Ain't Falco

Here are just a few of well known players that are confirmed

Reflex - Alabama
Kismet- Georgia
Big Lou- Georgia
Holy Chef- Florida
Will_ - Alabama
and over 50 more

so plz don't hesitate to come.

Thanks
Are you the guy that hosted that little tourny that M3T and I won last year?

If so... you never uploaded our videos... :ohwell:

And also hi, long time no see!

stealth3654

Smash Lord
The AU game crew of Auburn University would like to extend an invitation to all Alabama players to come to the That Ain't Falco Tounament

for more info plz visit our thread or contact me

Thread Link: That Ain't Falco

Here are just a few of well known players that are confirmed

Reflex - Alabama
Kismet- Georgia
Big Lou- Georgia
Holy Chef- Florida
Will_ - Alabama
and over 50 more

so plz don't hesitate to come.

Thanks
Actually, BigLou needs 2 more people to ride with him for him to be able to come. Will_ didn't say anything that I saw about attending this tourney, and Holy Chef said probably.

Right now, we have over 30 confirmed and over 50 interested.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Hey will whenever you find more time to play Dokapon let us know :X

I think slano and joot want to play again/more.
Yeah, def. I'm free Tuesday.

And I don't remember typing stuff about the Auburn tourney. Auburn's reaaaally far away from Huntsville and pretty sure nobody is going from Hville that I could carpool with.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i wish i was as good at brawl as i think i am at brawl plus.
i am getting alright at brawl again though.
im always swaying with how good i am.
i need to play more at zeros i guess so i can get good again.
because there are alot of tournaments this month.

and im thinking of maining ddd instead of wario. im still getting good with him though.
i get too risky and not safe enough with wario.
with ddd it just feels right to play safe and slow and thats how you win at brawl.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
No no no that was done by the University this is legit
I know that, I'm just asking if the guy posting is the guy who lead the Uni tourny last year. Remember, he took vids of us playing and was a Pikachu main?

i wish i was as good at brawl as i think i am at brawl plus.
what

Also, have faith and stick with Wario.

JRob

Smash Cadet
Could you please tell me how to beat Olimar, Slam?
This is dan.

You get him to use all his unsafe attacks, which he has to do to play the "I won't let you get near me because I suck up close" game. (prevention.)

That or camp him in a very specific way I don't think I could explain on a forum.

Edit: oops, didn't see the ", slam" part of your post. :/

JRob

Smash Cadet
lol, I thought Slam 2-stocked your Olimar twice at the last tournament...

But how do I abuse Olimar's up-close game when I can't even get up close?
I didn't want to use Oli, so I used MK against him instead, to get the practice. I beat him fairly handily in the crew battle with Oli though, if that counts for anything. xD

How are you trying to get up close?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Well, first off, I never go Lucario against Olimar because I feel that's an unwinnable matchup.

When I use Meta Knight I try to walk up and ftilt or jump with Dair pressure. If I'm being barraged with Pikmin I try to kill a couple with Fair and then walk up.

I don't use tornado much on Olimar.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
shaSLAM;9503262getting good with him though. i get too risky and not safe enough with wario. with ddd it just feels right to play safe and slow and thats how you win at brawl.[/quote said:
Don't. D3 has so many limited options in which you say "I know what's coming. What can I do to stop it. Absolutely nothing -___-" and regret the fact that you mained him.

I don't regret picking up D3 as a main, but seeing as though I've gotten this far with him, I might was well find a way around his weaknesses that commonly hold him down.

JRob

Smash Cadet
As a general rule for using MK against Oli, tornado more.

That'll get em to shield more which you can punish with... you guessed it, more tornado.

Olimar is fun.

Edit: also, you may begin to think you're using it too much... That's a sign you're not mashing the B button fast enough.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Don't. D3 has so many limited options in which you say "I know what's coming. What can I do to stop it. Absolutely nothing -___-" and regret the fact that you mained him.

I don't regret picking up D3 as a main, but seeing as though I've gotten this far with him, I might was well find a way around his weaknesses that commonly hold him down.
scrub mentality imo no johns drew brees etc

j00t

Smash Champion
So... yeah, the Colts just got **** on.

Zero, I'll post a reply when I need to procrastinate more from studying. I couldn't tell you how to do it with Falcon, but I can give a few pointers on Fox vs. Peach.

EDIT: ...or you could ask your NC bros for help (like LoZR)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i use to play against aloha's oli everyday.
and it is legit and very spammy.
i have never beat dan's oli. haha

anyways,
you cant camp. oli can outcamo you and pivot grab you if you are trying to air camp.
you got to approach and do alot of crossovers and nairs and keep attacking from in front and behind. switch it up too. approach and grab. approach and just jump around him instead of attacking. its like facing ic's in the sense that you shouldnt worry about move decay and do whatever moves it takes to get oli off the ledge.
try to get up close and shield grab alot too i guess. with wario i do alot of f throws f smashes and n airs.
thats about it.
dont overthink it.
just get in there and try to **** **** up as soon as possible before the pikmin eat you alive.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
saints played the most entertaining superbowl game i have ever seen.
actually, one of the most entertaining games i have ever seen, period.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Yeah, def. I'm free Tuesday.

And I don't remember typing stuff about the Auburn tourney. Auburn's reaaaally far away from Huntsville and pretty sure nobody is going from Hville that I could carpool with.
Did you ask Dan about car pooling?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
dude beating olimar with MK is easy. get him in the air and never let him touch the ground and/or get him off the ledge and never let him get back on the stage.
YOU'RE METAKNIGHT

and fox vs peach in melee from what i understand is less nair and more dair

j00t

Smash Champion
I have part 1 finished. It's hilarious.

I'm doing part 2 now. It's sad.

I assume you want to wait for me to finish before posting?
Yes, that will be fine.

Drill->waveshine->upsmash isn't as effective as it used to be. Peach players don't spend nearly as much time on the ground anymore, and Fox's nair does a wonderful job of catching Peach's aerials if spaced correctly. Also, more players are starting to SDI out of Fox's drill, which makes it harder to drillshine. So I'd definitely go with LoZR's advice here.

nair->shine, camp w/ lasers (if you are a ******), and don't let Peach dsmash you. And don't be predictable with your approach, Peach can easily punish you if you **** up. And... you have to be technically efficient. This is a fact in all of Fox's matchups, but it is even more necessary vs. Peach.

look at me talking like a Fox player lol

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So guys, how about this 100% legit generation 5 Pokémon silhouette?

If it's a Lucario evolution, I'm going to punch Game Freak.

Edit: Actually, I don't even know who controls getting to design the new Pokémon any more.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So guys, how about this 100% legit generation 5 Pokémon silhouette?

If it's a Lucario evolution, I'm going to punch Game Freak.

Edit: Actually, I don't even know who controls getting to design the new Pokémon any more.
I'm hoping for Sandslash+ or Skuntank+, but I think it has a better chance of being another Shaymin forme or Lucario+, which is upsetting.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna lie. I'm probably going to get the new pokeman game when it comes out.

Cause I'll be in Japan (fingers crossed).

Top Bottom