• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I heard rumors that Luis harnessed the power of the force and became a Jedi to defeat the many bandits of evil Samurai warriors of the world.

Is what they say true?
I'm not at liberty to discuss.

That being said--Yes; yes, I did. :p

Someone has to keep the peace. May as well be with repeated Force Slams. Mixing business with pleasure. :laugh:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, Parachute is pretty amazing. Goes through Falco d-air :3
I've noticed that unless you shield pressure G&W, exploiting his greatest weakness, his offense can be pretty amazing. J00t, is this why you so pro? Because G&W is TOO GOOD?? D:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've noticed that unless you shield pressure G&W, exploiting his greatest weakness, his offense can be pretty amazing. J00t, is this why you so pro? Because G&W is TOO GOOD?? D:
Melee G&W has high tier offense. He just needs a shield, and perhaps a better grab. :(

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
As of right now, Mark Ingram is slightly ahead of Gerhart. But only slightly. Source: http://stiffarmtrophy.com/

You'll notice that Suh has the most first place votes by a long shot. And that the race between Ingram, Gerhart, and Suh is extremely close.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
As of right now, Mark Ingram is slightly ahead of Gerhart. But only slightly. Source: http://stiffarmtrophy.com/

You'll notice that Suh has the most first place votes by a long shot. And that the race between Ingram, Gerhart, and Suh is extremely close.
Suh put on a freakin' show vs Texas.

He was in the Texas back-field so much, he should have just strapped on a Longhorns jersey.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Suh put on a freakin' show vs Texas.

He was in the Texas back-field so much, he should have just strapped on a Longhorns jersey.
The joke I heard was that Suh spent so much time in the Texas backfield, that he could apply for in-state residency.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
lol nice nice. Alabama is gonna run all over that poor Texas defense.
Our defense is much better than our offense. Our defense is what kept us in the Nebraska game, and it's what has made us win most of our games. Our offense, on the other hand, sometimes doesn't show up.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Our defense is much better than our offense. Our defense is what kept us in the Nebraska game, and it's what has made us win most of our games. Our offense, on the other hand, sometimes doesn't show up.
I disagree. Nerbaska's offense is what kept you in that game. They are terrible.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I disagree. Nerbaska's offense is what kept you in that game. They are terrible.
Their offense is terrible, but our defense is also one of the top defenses in the nation. There were a handful of possessions where our defense held off Nebraska from a first down with ease. To say our defense is terrible is a ridiculous and unwarranted statement.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Texas defense looks good on the stat sheet, but let's think of the teams they play~ Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska~ those are teams that i consider "worth mentioning"

Of those 6 teams 2~ Oklahoma & Nebraska play an NFL style offense AKA NOT SPREAD! Alabama as we know does not play a spread offense, they play an NFL style offense, with an emphasis of shoving the ball down their opponents throat by pounding the ground game (Sounds inappropriate; I know). Although neither Oklahoma nor Nebraska was able to do much on the stat sheet offensively against Texas, Alabama is a more complete team than Oklahoma and Nebraska. Knowing that Texas struggles against NFL style offenses and good defensive teams, there is no doubt in my mind that Texas will lose the National Championship game to a superior SEC team.

~steps off podium...

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
We'll see. :p People doubted Texas when they beat USC back in the day.

If we win the game by a Colt McCoy run in touchdown, I will literally roflmao.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Wait, trip to where? If it's INNsomnia, I call dibs. I'm small and can fit in compact places.
Alright, that makes 4. I think there's technically a middle seat in the back, so if someone really needs a ride, we can squeeze one more in there, but 4 is a comfortable fit.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Well said sir.

I'm not sure tho Zigs, I just was totally not impressed with Texas in the least. Either way, Alabama's offense and defense are both superior to that of Texas, I don't think it'll be that close of a game. I actually was pretty confident that Alabama was gonna crush FLorida. Ingram's a beast. Although Not gonna lie, McElroy showed out vs Florida...usually I'm not as impressed with him.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i hate when people say -insert team that is not in the SEC- has "one of the best offense/defenses" in the nation.

its easy to put up great stats when YOU DON'T PLAY ANYBODY.

if Texas had ANY SEC team's schedule, they would almost certainly not be undefeated.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
We'll see. :p People doubted Texas when they beat USC back in the day.
You have to recall that the USC players bought heavily into the hype that year. The hype that not only were they the best football team of the season, but that they were the best football team to ever play the game on a college level. They came into the game thinking they were untouchable and were brought down by their hubris.

Remember Saban's motto: Don't drink the Kool-aid.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
i hate when people say -insert team that is not in the SEC- has "one of the best offense/defenses" in the nation.

its easy to put up great stats when YOU DON'T PLAY ANYBODY.

if Texas had ANY SEC team's schedule, they would almost certainly not be undefeated.
It's not Texas's fault that the rest of the Big 12 isn't nearly as good as they were last year. The Big 12 was hands-down one of the best leagues in the nation last year.

SEC is pretty overrated. They're good, not godly.

Alabama also almost lost to Tennessee. I didn't even realize they had a football team.

And munkus, I must say that that quote is awesome.

j00t

Smash Champion
Sooo I'mma be home (Huntsville) in a couple weeks for a couple weeks for christmas breaks. Any melee goin on in AL?
Melee happens every Thursday at Moogle's place. moogle561 is his AIM screen name if you want to AIM him for details.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Tennessee was a rivalry game. And if you watched it, the game was not as close as the score indicates. We outplayed them for the most part, and then got unlucky, then got very lucky.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
^this

also, Tennessee is a very good team. They'd probably beat Texas imo
every SEC team is pretty good. except for poor Vanderbilt. and you could make an argument for Miss. st. as well. but other than that, the rest of the teams are good to great.
everyone other conference has one or two "good" teams, and then like 12 ****ty teams. and then even these "good" teams, aren't that good usually.

the SEC has been the most stacked conference BY FAR for like the past 5 years. i dont understand how anyone who watches college football can say otherwise

whether or not it is their fault or not doesn't change the fact that Texas is not ready for a offense or defense of Alabama's (or Florida's) caliber.

also, USC is garbage, another overrated team that plays nobody that the media is in love with

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Texas would **** Tennessee. Your logic is what everyone says about their own conference.

SEC's very strong, yes. But it's not nearly as strong as the media hypes it up to be.

The college football bowl system's pretty wack, in my opinion. They really do need to have a playoffs. A team like Boise State, TCU, or Cincinnati would never go to the BCS the way the system is currently.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Tennessee has a defense as good or better than Nebraska's.

I don't think that Texas ***** Nebraska.

I could be wrong.

But it seemed to me that the only thing that got ***** in that game was the playclock.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Tennessee has a defense as good or better than Nebraska's.

I don't think that Texas ***** Nebraska.

I could be wrong.

But it seemed to me that the only thing that got ***** in that game was the playclock.
Tennessee doesn't have Suh.

GET WRECKED.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Tennessee doesn't have Suh.

GET WRECKED.
I like how you post here all the time but are never on aim

lol

Maybe I just have to be like TX SUKS LOL if I ever need to talk to you (not that I need to talk to you right now but lol)

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
i saw something posted about TN but it was about the vols. Ugh i hate all the teams in the SEC but Vandy. Sadly they stink. But yeah SEC is probably the most dominate conference atm. Alabama is going to dominate the national championship just like the SEC has done so many times in the last couple years. I hate Bama too though. Im just glad Tebow isnt in the National Championship game. I really really hate that guy. I hope he gets drafted like 5th round in the nfl cause hes not that good.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I personally think Arkansas vs Texas would be fun...

Our offense is really really good sometimes, and then sometimes it sucks, and our defense is sometimes good then sometimes it really really sucks :x

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Tebow's good, but I'd bet money that he gets his rear handed to him very early on in his NFL career. The media's been riding him soooo hard that I have no doubt there's a ton of NFL players who just wanna lay him out. I have nothing against the man, though. He's an upstanding guy.

And Winnar, I just hardly ever turn AIM on. :p

Handorin

Smash Hero
Tebow's good, but I'd bet money that he gets his rear handed to him very early on in his NFL career. The media's been riding him soooo hard that I have no doubt there's a ton of NFL players who just wanna lay him out. I have nothing against the man, though. He's an upstanding guy.

And Winnar, I just hardly ever turn AIM on. :p
A friend of mine keeps going on about how AR's guy has way better stats and never gets mentioned.

Top Bottom