• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Winnar

Smash Lord
Guess cheap is the kind of guy that likes to be high all the time, lol
lol scourge you're so boss <3

Are you just ignoring me? Or are you going to answer my question.
Don't take it personally, it's really hard to focus on SERIOUS QUERIES when my AWESOME RETRO REFERENCES are flying about.

Also HILARIOUS PICTURES some of which SEEM TO SHARE THE SAME PUNCHLINE

Also also CAPS are distracting as WELL

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the secret to peach is to spam f-air.

best move in the game. f-air to f-air off the edge is my fave.

and d-smash a lot too.

i wish i was good as snake.
but i feel like my sheik is about as good as my snake. and weirdly enough, sheik doesn't really have too many bad matchups. i dont even think she's that bad against MK.
sheik's def too low on the tiers.
snake is just SO ****ing bad in the air.

you know who's really good at melee. Col Bol. I was looking at his videos the other day. his fox is my new fave

by the way, the Surf Ninjas DVD Menu screen is full of win.

i think the best dvd menu screen i've ever seen though is the one for Requiem for a Dream.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Guys, I'm going to learn Frame data before January. Marth boards have convinced me it's worth trying.

Oh and I got to play my brother again and i'm much happier about this weeks results
Kola vs V3GA (Mk)= Me 1 stock
Kola vs V3GA (mk)= V3GA 1 stock
Kola vs V3GA(mk)= Me 2 stocks
Kola vs V3GA (mk)= Me 1 stock
Kola vs V3GA (mk)= Me 1 stock

Kola vs V3GA(falco)= Me 2 stocks
Kola vs V3GA(falco)= Me 2 stocks

: P Dan, I think learning how to play your defensive MK helped me learn how to handle my brother's aggressive mk.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
defense is always better than offense in brawl.
i think your bro should play more defensively and wait things out more, kola.
that's mainly waht seperates noobs from the players that are starting to get good.

but like... my mk sucks... so advice i give on mk is next to useless
i wish i played sheik alot.
i main her in brawl+

i think after brawl + gets played mroe at more of zero's tourneys we should maek it an official AL thing.
at each tourney have at least brawl and brawl +
and have a brawl+ PR and all that jazz.
melee PR would be cool too.

but we cant even get a brawl PR done so i highly doubt any of this would happen.
i jus think melee should be a bigger part of the community still, sometimes.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
by the way, the Surf Ninjas DVD Menu screen is full of win.
lol surf ninjas

I had no idea anyone in the smash community had seen that movie but me.

Luis is right btw. It's both character and player dependent. Chars like Olimar can be patient and wait for a throw to follow up on, while chars like DK have to create their openings through momentum and pressure.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Dk....XP

I tend to be a bit too defensive, alot of Marths from the boards say I should be muuuuch more aggressive and not camp the way I do.
My aggro game is garbadge though lol

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Space fairs?

The Waba monthlies are going to be separate from the combo breaker, but both the monthly and the combo breaker will have brawl and melee.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont think marth camps well.

and i dont even think its possible to play a defensive sheik.
or a defensive diddy kong. for example

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
XD I try I just am not that good at spacing with a move I hardly use lol.

I'm fixing it though

Wobba Monthly and Combo breaker huh?

If it's this month it isn't happening :p

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah. if youre marth is not constantly throwing f airs then you are gonna get beat.

constant retreating fairs instead of approaching if you want to play defense.
half the cant cant do **** about that.

and yeah i get what you guys are saying.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Play Sheik. ;D
Only in brawl+

Needles aren't broken enough in brawl and in Melee sheik is too weird for me. Nice try though...who should I play? D:

i dont think marth camps well.

and i dont even think its possible to play a defensive sheik.
or a defensive diddy kong. for example
You...might be surprised.

Marth camps well...but he camps in your face, if that makes sense? He pressures you and shepherds you without actually having to connect with (much of) anything.

Defensive sheik is how I play :(

Diddy is definitely more offensive though.

Chef plays a defensive Mario. It's kind of funny because he is really stupid good at fireballs.

XD I try I just am not that good at spacing with a move I hardly use lol.

I'm fixing it though

Wobba Monthly and Combo breaker huh?

If it's this month it isn't happening :p
1) Marth who hardly uses f-air
2) Wobba Monthly

Joke post
<3

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
@Russ: I was thinking the same after playing around with his crazy aerial control.

Anyone have advice on catching Feebas? I need to catch it for my own pleasure. It's like a spongikarp.

Also, this thread is actually talking about smash...

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Only in brawl+

Needles aren't broken enough in brawl and in Melee sheik is too weird for me. Nice try though...who should I play? D:

You...might be surprised.

Marth camps well...but he camps in your face, if that makes sense? He pressures you and shepherds you without actually having to connect with (much of) anything.

Defensive sheik is how I play :(

Diddy is definitely more offensive though.

Chef plays a defensive Mario. It's kind of funny because he is really stupid good at fireballs.

1) Marth who hardly uses f-air
2) Wobba Monthly

Joke post
<3
lmao xD how'd you catch on?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
**** that gif is funny, xD and that guy looks like POC

btw Jason/Russ after the recent split up my mom had, I'll be moving back to Vestavia. It's probably the only positive thing going for me after this

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

Will_

Smash Journeyman
aw ****, that reminds me. I have a pkmn tournament to win this saturday.

Munkus, you coming to this one?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Question while you're still online, actually 2

1. <.< If I'm not mistaken, you hardly play any or no Wi-Fi. How did you get so good Will_?

2. Where are these pokemon tournaments? I was a pretty solid player! The metagame is probably much more different now though.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Before my first tournament in Ensley(June 08) I actually led an online wi-fi crew. So however many months before that I played on wi-fi and some locals(I lived in GA and moved to AL in May 08). I don't play any wi-fi today, however. After the Ensley tournament George and other smashers directed me to the Huntsville community. Playing and traveling with them allowed me to improve. Eventually, I matched up against national players in tournaments like FAST1 and CoT4, although my first taste of the big leagues was Reflex.
Interestingly enough, the first time we played wasn't at the Ensley tournament, but at G4S5, a week before brawl was released in America.
That's the concise version. Although playing other games before brawl helped. Everything I had built in my mentality I could apply in other competitions. Yet honestly I don't think I can call myself "good" at this point, just "unorthodox". I have plenty of holes in my gameplay.

To answer your 2nd question, this is just a play 'n trade local. The prize is $100 store credit, though. The rules are kind of jank: no items except berries and life orb(makes no sense I know), no legendaries but Garchomp is legal, etc.. The last tournament had me and Munkus at first and second, respectively.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I wasn't even aware there was a pokemon tourney. And no, I have exams.

It is frustrating that they do not allow items, since I have a lot of strategies that revolve around the proper use of items.

EDIT: Though thinking back, I can't imagine that the majority of my matches could have been more hilariously one sided.

But seriously **** Garchomp. He can go straight to hell. That son of a ***** land shark and his mother****ing earthquakes.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kids,

don't go to college. Invest in the stock market wisely and reap the profits.

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Man, i had the perfect team, or what i believe to be the perfect team. I was mainly a doubles fan but i built my team so that they could also do singles. Now, the only things holding me back are my exams, time, and the autopsy I did on my DS. If I ever get a new one or someone allows me to borrow theirs then I challenge anyone and everyone to a match. My team is ready and all I would need to do is just turn on the DS. I have a team of lv. 100s if that strikes fear in anyone but I doubt it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Interesting Will_, I have no past experience with being good at any past fighting games, so I guess I'm already at a disadvantage, Pokemon was my first competitive game and I didn't get into that until 06. I guess I really just have to keep playing good players offline then. I'm sure after learning frame data and touching up some more on the topics at the Marth boards, I'll be somewhat scary at the next tournament, instead of getting gimped like a ***** by a metaknight -_-.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
We have the opportunity but we don't :p

The place we plan on moving too is the housing complex right next to Zero's Venue, so after that...yea we'll be gaming as much as possible until he starts college.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I wish i lived in Hoover... You guys have the opportunity to brawl everyday. My brother plays me once or twice a week >.>
don't you also have like everyone in Columbus near you? And playing with reflex probably isn't too bad of practice lol.

And yeah have like 10 people that play brawl, but everyone is either too young to get a ride or too bored of brawl. Zero is the only one that makes an effort.

Top Bottom