• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I had ways to counter a garchomp, but I couldn't with the item clause the way that it was.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
don't you also have like everyone in Columbus near you? And playing with reflex probably isn't too bad of practice lol.

And yeah have like 10 people that play brawl, but everyone is either too young to get a ride or too bored of brawl. Zero is the only one that makes an effort.
Calvin is the only person in Columbus that plays competitively, and he's in school. My brother uses Captain Falcon against me about 50% of the time. I get to play his PT sometimes, but it's not like competitive smash consists of PTs :chuckle:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Calvin is the only person in Columbus that plays competitively, and he's in school. My brother uses Captain Falcon against me about 50% of the time. I get to play his PT sometimes, but it's not like competitive smash consists of PTs :chuckle:
You should come down to Auburn this weekend.:p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
we've been playing slightly more frequently at the apt. because we dont have much else to do when we're sitting around.

and we've all kind of starting playing melee moar too

you guys make me want to get into pokemans because i like anything for which there is a competitive community.
i dont know **** about pokemans though.
all i know is that SCYTHER was my fave on the cartoon

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i want to play moar janitor.

i had past experiance in competitive play with street fighter 3 and MvC2 but i never got worked up about losing or anything because i never had to travel to play because the mall with the machines for them was right by my hoiuse and thast is where everyone played.
i used low tiers and basically people that were NO tier in mvc, like son son, and in SF3 i just used blanka and would get lucky sometimes and have some giood days where i would win alot.

man if i had gotten super into it, i could be beasting at mvc2 because those guys played like... all day and all night everyday. as soon as the mall opened until it closed.

i need to play more smash games that involve hitstun. sometimes i miss it. :(
needs moar melee.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i love mvc2
i have no idea how the competitive community is though.
me and my friends played a lot and me and this one guy used to wreck everyone
but im sure we'd be perfected against a real good player.

and i didn't make teams that worked together, i just random teams of people that i liked to play. i think my single best character was rogue, which is weird cuz she's not that good. but i also played psylocke and storm who are both good. and i like morrigan too.
and omega red.

my friend used to beat me with terrible ****ing characters like gambit and jin and ken tho.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I know about the competitive community for MvC2 is that people have gotten stabbed over money matches.
0_o!!!!!! oh no........... will NOT be near an MvC2 mm

Man, i had the perfect team, or what i believe to be the perfect team. I was mainly a doubles fan but i built my team so that they could also do singles. Now, the only things holding me back are my exams, time, and the autopsy I did on my DS. If I ever get a new one or someone allows me to borrow theirs then I challenge anyone and everyone to a match. My team is ready and all I would need to do is just turn on the DS. I have a team of lv. 100s if that strikes fear in anyone but I doubt it.

im getting a ds again soon (hoping to save up for a dsi but i might get a bit impatient)
im looking forward to tryubg my uu teams again (mine can really hold its own in an OU match.....go medicham)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Bah I cant be there today, my mom got called out, I won't have a ride to and back.

XP I knew I should of had a smashfest hosted at my place today

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude. the whole community fro mvc2 is made up of real ghetto *** dudes and thug asians.
everyone is like ghetto as **** that i ever played with.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The mvc2 community NOWADAYS is like that. I remember upstanding citizens of the community used to play that.

Now Jerome and Qui Ton from South China Town run the game, and if you beat them, prepare to have some backup like a bullet proof vest or an extra life or something.

Betting money on MVC2 at the highest level is ********. It's like, Hey I can bet that this Magneto will hit first and infinite, or Hey I bet this other magneto will hit first and **** everyone, or hey I bet this guy will use Magneto, switch to Sentinel, and then **** everyone.

It's like betting on steroid race horses where whoever gets out of the gate the fastest wins the entire race lol.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
The mvc2 community NOWADAYS is like that. I remember upstanding citizens of the community used to play that.

Now Jerome and Qui Ton from South China Town run the game, and if you beat them, prepare to have some backup like a bullet proof vest or an extra life or something.

Betting money on MVC2 at the highest level is ********. It's like, Hey I can bet that this Magneto will hit first and infinite, or Hey I bet this other magneto will hit first and **** everyone, or hey I bet this guy will use Magneto, switch to Sentinel, and then **** everyone.

It's like betting on steroid race horses where whoever gets out of the gate the fastest wins the entire race lol.
i can has hug tyme, DMG?
prplzzz?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I was scrolling back a few pages and saw this.

After the Ensley tournament George and other smashers directed me to the Huntsville community.
George and OTHER SMASHERS? Great. Nice to know I made an impact. George and other smashers won that doubles too.

@Mslano. I dunno if I'm going to be able to make it next week any more... I've had some... recent developments... that I might have to take care of... and it might fall on that weekend. As much as I hate missing out on it for obvious reasons, real life is pulling and pulling on me.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I'll gladly steal Duchock's seat as long as I can be back in Hoover by 5 p.m. Saturday afternoon.

Edit: Oh, I might know what Duchock's real life complications allude to. Heehee.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
While we're on the subject so far I have $20 for gas money ;P thats enough right? Or will I be looking at $30?

Winnar

Smash Lord
I was scrolling back a few pages and saw this.

George and OTHER SMASHERS? Great. Nice to know I made an impact. George and other smashers won that doubles too.

@Mslano. I dunno if I'm going to be able to make it next week any more... I've had some... recent developments... that I might have to take care of... and it might fall on that weekend. As much as I hate missing out on it for obvious reasons, real life is pulling and pulling on me.
XD Don't worry Duchock, my first AL tournament was TCS3 and I played Will_ in brackets. Later that month we were all talking in the TCS4 thread and Will was like "Yeah I can't wait to finally meet you Winnar and play your Snake."

I was like "... :( yeah"

Man, professional smasher will underscore is kind of an ******* LOL

Are you guys gonna come over TODAY?
Lol Zero, maybe you should just go to their houses and kick down their doors. It's all in the name of smash. They'll understand.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Actually we should do this

Fridays Zero will host smashfests
Saturday I will host smashfests
Sunday Russ will host smashfests

;P I'm waiting on my mom to wake up so I can ask her. She promised me she would yesterday but left for work before taking me.
lol

Will_

Smash Journeyman

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
ive noticed that after about a week of brawl+......its becoming increasingly harder for me to get back into brawl.........im not going to quit brawl but i has become very minimal......maybe if i start coming to these smashfests i can start getting back into it........or play + with more than lv9 randoms

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
922 Gardens Place
Hoover Al 35216

For future reference I guess lol
By future reference, I assume you're unable to do Smash today?

Oh well, I'm expecting some people from the Blazblue/SF IV/ Tekken 6 community to come over to my place anyway. Y'all are still welcome to come over.

And Reimeii, I support Brawl+. I'm going to make it one of the standard events for my tournies starting now.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
BlazBlue?
My mom JUST woke up, after she has had her coffee I'll ask

;D You know I'm mad sexy at that game right?

Top Bottom