• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Winnar

Smash Lord
also results plz
gimp 2.0, it's free photoshop

BTW guys I know a lot of you are making it out to INNsomnia (or at least a handful), and I again would just like to throw out that I am offering housing. Here's my updated timetable:

Okay my new plan so far:

• Dec 17th - Afternoon - Pick up Chef and go to Sariku and Ziggy's, spending the night over there
  • Dec 18th - Morning - Get up and drive straight to...um I don't know where to drive to, Iori's or Jack's I guess? It's just until the tourney starts
    [*]Dec 18/19th - Tourney
    [*]Dec. 19th - Early Morning - Go to Iori's and sleep for a bit; play some more smash
    [*]Dec 19th - midday/afternoon - Drive to Starkville and spend the night there, shower, relax, sleep, etc.
  • Dec 20th - Morning - drive back to biloxi and drop off sariku/ziggy then drive home
  • Get to work on editing stuff and whatever else needs to get done (as quickly as I can)
  • Dec 25th - Deliver the donations/poster/dvd to Mrs. Roberts.

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GO CHILL OUT IN STARKVILLE WITH ME BEFORE DRIVING BACK THE REST OF THE WAY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO HOST YOU
I bolded the stuff that pertains to you guys

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hmm, like I told Zero when he asked, even if I never played Melee seriously, I'd come to this just for the reason it's being hosted.

But I lack a ride :(

I really want my license lol
;-; Jason bro, when I get my license I'll drive you to important stuff like this

j00t

Smash Champion
I think it will be a good game, only if Alabama plays like they did yesterday. If they don't then Texas will win.

j00t

Smash Champion
And only if Texas doesn't play like they did yesterday. lol
I would of laughed so much if Texas lost because of McCoy. That would of been super funny :D

I was super pumped after NEBRASKA got ahead with a minute and a half left in the game. There's nothing better than an upset :3

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, like I told Zero when he asked, even if I never played Melee seriously, I'd come to this just for the reason it's being hosted.

But I lack a ride :(

I really want my license lol
;-; Jason bro, when I get my license I'll drive you to important stuff like this
I will be driving up to West Memphis. Jason already asked for a ride and I can give you a lift as well. That leaves one available spot in my car for anyone else local that wants to come.

I'm off on Friday and Saturday of next week, so we can leave anytime after noon Friday and then return Saturday afternoon/evening.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
also results plz
Brawl
1.Reflex
2.Kismet.
3. BiLLy
4.Elev8
5.ShaSlam
5.DyllianGR
7.Zero_Gamer
7.Cheap Peach
7.TheBrownScourge
9.Kola
9.Sheni
9.TheDarkRitsune
13.wuffy

Melee
1. me
2. Reflex
3. Cheap
4. Zero
5. Eagle

More people need to play Melee. I tried to play Brawl some (I even entered the Low Tier tourney), but I just cannot anybody fun to play in that game. Nobody suits my style.

If not Melee, at the very least people should play Brawl+.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh ******! How much will I have to salvage for gas money?

oh and vestavia/hoover guys : P next smashfest having that we will most likely not be having a brawl tournament soon, we should probably learn how to play melee so the melee tournaments wont be so lonely.
speaking of which......<.< where is our
Brawl sux play melee
etc dude at?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I literally jumped out of my chair when Colt almost lost that game for us. My jaw just DROPPED.

Since I grew up in Louisiana, I'm gonna enjoy pummeling a Nick Saban team. :p

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey AL you really should get into Melee it's extremely fun.

Or at least get into B+.

Here's how it works for me:

Melee is most fun but you have to be playing really on point in order to get that ultra level of awesome, otherwise it's just normal fun.

Brawl+ has the best ratio of ease of use to awesome/fun to play. It also has the most annoying things (like DI being stupid important)

Brawl is silly fun. I enjoy playing it, but I mostly enjoy low tiers in brawl because high tiers are too easy/good

64 is retro awesome but definitely the silliest

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i think 64 is best :)

and melee... i just dont get. i can never get the character to do waht i want it to do.
i guess because the button imputs and things like that take time to master.

and brawl... is all a mindgame... im convinced like 100%
i like brawl though. i think it has a lot more possibilities that arent being explored. if we start treating it like one deep mindgame i think more progress may be made.
the stupid things in it are definately more stupid than 64 or melee though.

64 is a good mix and a good speed for me i think. im sure if i learned melee i'd love player fast though.

how do you get brawl +?
is a SD card all you need?

mslano

Smash Journeyman
i think 64 is best :)

and melee... i just dont get. i can never get the character to do waht i want it to do.
i guess because the button imputs and things like that take time to master.

and brawl... is all a mindgame... im convinced like 100%
i like brawl though. i think it has a lot more possibilities that arent being explored. if we start treating it like one deep mindgame i think more progress may be made.
the stupid things in it are definately more stupid than 64 or melee though.

64 is a good mix and a good speed for me i think. im sure if i learned melee i'd love player fast though.

how do you get brawl +?
is a SD card all you need?
Here's the official Brawl+ site with information on how to set it up.
http://brawlplus.net/install-guide/

There's basically three steps the way I do it:
1) Download the files from the site
2) Delete all the custom stages
3) Put in the SD card and select the Custom Stage Builder in the Brawl menu
From there, it loads the files and resets the game as Brawl+. Pretty simple.

Edit: Simple enough that you got it already. Oh well. I guess I'll keep the explanation here for posterity.

To answer your new, more relevant question: Charizard is cool (He's the 5 greatest MCs of all time). I like Wolf, Link and Lucas as well. Kola was doing some nasty stuff with Ike the first time he picked up the game, likewise with Duchock and Ness. Also, Dedede is still just as cool as before (in that he's a giant penguin with an even more giant hammer who poses when he crouches) without all the cheesy grab shenanigans.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Up-Tilt: The Game.

I laughed when I heard this.

I laughed when I typed this.
I laughed when I read this.

jiggs is the ****.
who else is cool?
Ganon is really stupid good

Marth is almost melee good

Sheik is really boring good

G&W is completely broken good

Falcon is melee+recovery good

Pit is mostly not good

DDD is okay but his fsmash is funny good

Falco is weird good

Fox is REALLY good (if you're moogle or chef or iori)

Toon link can be good

Lucario is maybe good?

Squirtle is really, really good

Ivysaur is still not good (unless you're reflex I assume)

Charizard is pretty good (fair has really good/low knockback all over its huge hitbox now, not just at the front)

Ness is REALLY good

Lucas is ********, but good

Link is bad and good

DK is VERY good

Bowser is good?

Snake is still good

MK is different but kind of good

Yoshi is pretty good

Wolf is extremely good

Peach is probably fantastic good

IC's are broken good (if you could infinite grab before you will basically always win because getting grabs is so easy now)

Ike is hilarious good

Wario is probably really good

Sonic...is sonic good?

tl;dr - Almost EVERYONE is pretty good. It's what makes B+ so fun; everyone picks a different character and does well as them.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
cool.
another question.

are the level 9's actually legit in brawl+?

i really like luigi. :)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Shiek isn't really boring good. It's fun to watch her, dumb to play against her. She's a lot more fun than Melee Shiek.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Ness is ridiculous in the latest version of brawl+

Dair to dair/ to bair at low %, dair to uair KO at high %. He is forever my main in that version and later versions, assuming they don't change him too much.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I've only played it a couple of times, but I really only use Link because he reminds me of N64 Link.

(Also, my avatar is so funny.)

Winnar

Smash Lord
Ness is ridiculous in the latest version of brawl+

Dair to dair/ to bair at low %, dair to uair KO at high %. He is forever my main in that version and later versions, assuming they don't change him too much.
Last hit of fair has so much hitstun that you can do a full double jump to u-air and I can't do anything. It has the same hitstun as a standing dair.

Ness is fun

But Ganon is too much fun. KOOL AID 4 LIFE.
lol

You better watch out at INNsomnia I have a lot of ganon matchup practice now :O

Edit - Reflex u so crazE

Handorin

Smash Hero
Last hit of fair has so much hitstun that you can do a full double jump to u-air and I can't do anything. It has the same hitstun as a standing dair.

lol

You better watch out at INNsomnia I have a lot of ganon matchup practice now :O

Edit - Reflex u so crazE
I'll go Pikachu or Olimar then. O.o
My Bowser/DK aren't all that bad either.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Nobody's bad lol

I haven't played in a while but the last time I did I was pretty decent at falco, sheik, pit, falcon, marth, DDD, mario, luigi, ICs, and probably a couple of other people.

Top Bottom