• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

-Chad-

Slackerator
Next time you play someone in Melee t1j, ask whoever you're playing what they think you could improve upon, what habits they notice that you have and generally ask for advice. I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to just sit down and try to help you out rather than just straight play matches. (unless it's iori, he'll just say something random and unhelpful)

coach

Smash Apprentice
I keep on starting to type something, but it just wouldn't matter. I'm a joke poster, but where this thread is right now is a complete joke. I don't know what you want to hear that would make it better.

Handorin

Smash Hero
It's not that we think Brawl isn't that deep, it's just that we find it really boring compared to melee. We have no reason to switch.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I keep on starting to type something, but it just wouldn't matter. I'm a joke poster, but where this thread is right now is a complete joke. I don't know what you want to hear that would make it better.
I could not have said this any better. I completely agree.

There's nothing productive in this thread except for Chad and Sleepy giving good advice.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I was supposed to, but my parents decided to cancel my 6 month planned ahead tournament for a 2 day vacation that nobody wants to go on. =( =( =(

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
that's... one of the lamest parent-cancels I've ever heard of! :( we'll miss you at it for sure.

j00t

Smash Champion
TO5 is gonna be great

any Fox ****** who beats me in a ditto first match is gonna face the wrath of a GnW counterpick to FD next match :<

j00t

Smash Champion
joot, i repped gnw @ herb2 friendlies! <3
That's awesome. Who did you beat?

Also, you should visit the GnW boards sometime. We have some somewhat okay discussions on matchups and stuff.

Man, I'm out of pretzel rods :(

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Reflex having Pikachu as a secondary is going to be a pain in the *** for me -_- That matchup is full of CG's

_Keno_

Smash Lord
If anyone wants to smash again, one of my friends is coming over right now (it will be melee only...probably). I doubt anyone else will come, but I can always hope. ahahaaa

Also, TO5 has a sticky at the top of ALT south.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
hmm I'm not sure if I can go again or not, I'll have to ask my parents when they get back from work (No car of my own) :[

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
If you don't like the community why are you here?
Presumably because I enjoy the game and tournaments and some you guys are cool

i dont know. if playing the game competitively stops being fun like discussing the game has then i'm sure you guys won't see me any more.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'm pretty sure the community is only dumb online. :ohwell:
smashboards is the cornerstone of the smash community. It's where we come up with rules/strats/matchups etc.

when the entire discussion of the groundwork of this entire competitive community is being done by idiots, that's a problem

SleepyK

dogy played it at e3

it sucked

uhh i beat cyrain in a gnw v fox friendly. it was just a friendly, mind you.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
and you guys call me emo?

i whole heartedly agree with kevin. in brawl you can go to tournaments FOREVER and if youre not good and dont advance out of pools there is a possibility no one will talk to you.
now, in melee i say "yeah ive only played this game 2 times but im going to enter this tournamnet for the lulz" and everyone talks to me and watches my matches and tells me how much fun melee is... without a doubt the melee community is so much more intimate.
and why?
becasue their hatred and superior feelings twords brawl makes them love the game and anyone who plays it even more.
all brawl EVER did was get laughed at and make the melee community closer. i remeber threads of how stupid brawl was within the first FING WEEK IT CAME OUT!
it never did get a chance.
and now the brawl community takes what the melee heads say about it to heart and have been brainwashed to beleive that their game really does suck so all anyone does is not take it seriously and practice stalling and camping instead. thats what im starting to do.
brawl wasnt a ruined game when it came out.
we ruined it. why? because it didnt have SUP3R COOL AND FA$T COMMMBBBOOOSS!!!!

SleepyK

and you guys call me emo?

i whole heartedly agree with kevin. in brawl you can go to tournaments FOREVER and if youre not good and dont advance out of pools there is a possibility no one will talk to you.
now, in melee i say "yeah ive only played this game 2 times but im going to enter this tournamnet for the lulz" and everyone talks to me and watches my matches and tells me how much fun melee is... without a doubt the melee community is so much more intimate.
and why?
becasue their hatred and superior feelings twords brawl makes them love the game and anyone who plays it even more.
all brawl EVER did was get laughed at and make the melee community closer. i remeber threads of how stupid brawl was within the first FING WEEK IT CAME OUT!
it never did get a chance.
and now the brawl community takes what the melee heads say about it to heart and have been brainwashed to beleive that their game really does suck so all anyone does is not take it seriously and practice stalling and camping instead. thats what im starting to do.
brawl wasnt a ruined game when it came out.
we ruined it. why? because it didnt have SUP3R COOL AND FA$T COMMMBBBOOOSS!!!!

lmao, shaslam, that's one of the most conspiracy-theory laden posts i've ever seen anyone make about brawl and melee. you clearly weren't part of the brawl melee rush or if you were you definitely have erased your own memories to make room for this ridiculous theory

i remember playing brawl
i remember trying to be serious about it
i remember watching, hoping, grasping at straws as melee attendance dropped to 6 people in GA
i remember almost giving up since NO ONE played melee

yeah, real brainwashing LOL
it's just melee is just more attractive.

don't you get it? the brawl community as a whole is just worse than the melee community because it IS
not because of anything else
stop trying to find a scapegoat LOL
"made the melee community tighter" ROFL MY ***
YEAH OKAY IT GOT TIGHTER BECAUSE THERE WERE LIKE 2 PEOPLE PER STATE PLAYING MELEE BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS PLAYING BRAWL ROFL

Top Bottom