• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
do people who type in colors seriously sit there and type [color=perrywinkle, etc.] before and after every post? or is there a way to default it
if not yall a better man than me.

i dont feel well guys. immune system fail

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Uh oh, all these pictures are making me think this is turning into the social abortion thread again :x

Question for George/Nu/Kevin: Can I hitch a ride to whichever tournament you guys are going to this weekend?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
tommorow im going to warped tour with my friends even though i hate all the bands there.
1 word can fix all that.
acid.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Sounds gewd Cheap, <.< also I may need a ride to the montgomery tourney I just realized how far montgomery really is.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm pretty pumped, I'll actually play people besides my brother.
Oh and sorry for asking cheap, but could i possibly get a number so I could call incase I wont be able to say I'm on my way from the cpu?

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
if MK is banned, ill be happy. But to be for real about it it doesn't matter that much to me. I'll still have to get past Peach players and other air campy people

nice1

Smash Lord
i hope AL doesnt turn into Texas. guys just learn the match-up and go from there. either that or pick a certain character for mk.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I've become largely indifferent about Brawl's metagame. If he gets banned then he gets banned. Brawl has gotten incredibly boring for me, both to watch and play. I picked up Meta Knight after Genesis because I'm tired of losing, and I don't really care any more.

If Smash Up is good, which is doubtful, I'll probably stop playing Brawl for the most part.

j00t

Smash Champion
I've become largely indifferent about Brawl's metagame. If he gets banned then he gets banned. Brawl has gotten incredibly boring for me, both to watch and play. I picked up Meta Knight after Genesis because I'm tired of losing, and I don't really care any more.

If Smash Up is good, which is doubtful, I'll probably stop playing Brawl for the most part.
Why don't you play Melee?

j00t

Smash Champion
I get frustrated from the amount of work required to put into Melee. I feel like I'm so behind the curve, and I just get overwhelmed by all the players better than me.
That's pretty much what I'm feeling right now. I can only hope to be good enough where I can actually make it into brackets.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Hey, you want to know how NES n00b got so beast?

Me too. ;_;

But seriously he drove up and hung out at my apartment or chad's house or iori's house all the time and played us.
And now we all live in the same spot. It's never been more convenient for midsouth melee (and aspiring melee) players!
Also chad gets us cheap pizza and qdoba burritos. You can't beat that.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I get frustrated from the amount of work required to put into Melee. I feel like I'm so behind the curve, and I just get overwhelmed by all the players better than me.
this is silly.

imo getting into professional sports isn't worth it unless you automatically have skill since there are so many professional players already you'll never get as good as they are.

kids play soccer for years before they try out for clubs. even though players like kaka, messi, or ronaldinho exist they know that eventually they'll catch up to them and may even surpass them with enough time and effort.

above all they have fun with it. it isn't just about instant gratification and magically being good. they enjoy seeing themselves progress in something that they enjoy doing.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Plus, you don't have to practice to get better. Just try a bunch of stuff out in friendlies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I swear I have been playing worse ever since genesis. Either that or I realize I have
so much potential, except I can't do it and I'm being hard on myself.

j00t

Smash Champion
I swear I have been playing worse ever since genesis. Either that or I realize I have
so much potential, except I can't do it and I'm being hard on myself.
Man, I am experiencing the same thing! Like I should totally be as good as Ken now. >:[

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I didn't really see the point in participating in Genesis. All I would be doing is helping M2K and Ally pay for their rides back home.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think I'm excited about Brawl again.

Andy, please change my characters to "Pokèmon Trainer/Pikachu/Wario".

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I'm a maybe right now. My mo says thats during rush hour traffic so she'd she about it. But I'll more than likely try to make it since my aunt paid me today and now i have gas money.

Top Bottom