• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm back from my trip. The States still suck. :-(

You guys played yesterday, huh? So that means I'll have to wait until Wednesday to get back into the loop...alrighty.

Coach, have you left already?

j00t

Smash Champion
I think Coach left today, Sensai. It's true, you did get back the day he left. :p

Edit: Since you've been gone for a while, Sensai.... maybe we could Smash tomorrow? Mooooooooooooooogle?

Edit edit: NES, those biweeklys are a ways away. >.>;

I asked to reserve a room at the Tom Bevill center and all I got was a card.... so i'll have to go back there and speak with the sales manager. :/

Sensai

Smash Master
NES, when did you play Huntsville people? Bleh. I've been lookin' forward to playing you.

And we play every Saturday and every Wednesday.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Duh Mookierah is too good. >_> I <3 Mookie

Our Captain Falcon team beat some ***, too. Haha Did you go to the last biweekly in West Memphis? I don't remember you.

Anyways, if Mookie is still there, tell him my Link has gotten better and play dramatic music while you do it. ;)

coach

Smash Apprentice
I'm here in spirit for the next 3 weeks only.

edit: unless possibly people want to smash the one day im home next week while im washing my clothes.

NES n00b

Smash Master
OMG! You pay. JK I can't believe you never heard of one of the best Mewtwo players (back in the day).

Seriously, though, address please so I can visit on Smash days or whatever.

What is with a New York crew member advertising at a Southern thread anyways? Lol

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
ah, so you did go to persacon. that's cool. hope you did well. i'm sorry i wasn't much of a challenge at moogle's, i was sooooo off my game.

So NES is a link player as well? i thought i was the only one. i would like to meet you.

are we playin at moogle's wednesday night since coach is gone? (the eyes begin to swell with tears)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Any of the days probably. I haven't been playing long (against people anyways), but I am doing ok. I think I can come over on Saturdays, and maybe on Wednesdays too if I have the time.

Edit: I will go to the Biweeklies if it is on the same day, but I will come when there isn't one. Why does no one tell me the address. :(

I will come if this is close to all day on Saturdays. Maybe if I have a day off on Wednesdays I will do it (and it's all day too).

NES n00b

Smash Master
Sensai, where is Moogle's so I can come over on Saturedays. Unless I need permission from Moogle, or nobody wants me to come. :(

Link dittos do sound awesome. I never done one with a comptent player before (one who uses advance techniques).

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well thats it Scrappy is now a married man and my smash is ganna plumit :(.

Sigh.... i guess there's always lvl 1 comps for practicing and the random Florence smasher to play against.

Oh and by the way Sensai i picked up Ganondorf from out of nowhere and am doing loads better with him against Scrappy's shiek then i was with C.Falcon or anyone.... Dont hit me !! ( His Wave Landing is like the easiest thing in the world to do for me and L-canceling is dead on aswell, the only thing im having rouble getting used to is not being able to WD as fast with him as i would be able to with G&W or C.Falcon )

coach

Smash Apprentice
Christ im sure moogle has just been playing diablo 2 or spending the day with his father. Cool your jets man. It's definitely his call he probably just hasnt read the boards today.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Christ im sure moogle has just been playing diablo 2 or spending the day with his father. Cool your jets man. It's definitely his call he probably just hasnt read the boards today.

Don't worry, I have talked to Moogle and got the address. :)

I was wondering why no one would tell me the address or say ask Moogle, its Moogle's call, or something like that. Yeah, I should of not been an idiot and totally just wait for Moogle. :chuckle:

I don't think I ever got to talk to you that much at the last biweekly coach (or play you). ;)

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
^^^ This is why I love this man. I'll miss you c@ch. xD
you guys are hilarious. don't worry j00t. i'm still here!!!!!;)

yeah nes, i should have told you up front it was moogle's call, i just wanted so badly to help you out!:ohwell: saturday will probably be your best bet to come. we play at 2 and go to whenever usually, though everyone has his own crap to do... but hey. if nothing's going down at moogle's, well hell, just come see me! or munkus.

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
Also, I better see Sensai in the next two weeks. ;)
yeah, sensai! you still owe me a ganon match!!!! i'm making such a big deal about this cuz i friggin love ganondorf, but i'm just waiting for this match to finally go down and then you four-stock me in like two minutes......that's usually how lucky i am.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'm back from hotlanta, woo.

Interesting story. A dude I played there kicked my *** with marth, hands down. Wavedashing like a fool. I was really surprised, as I have usually beaten this guy pretty badly. So the next day when I'm playing my friend, I'm having problems with one of his controllers. No problem, I go grab the one that the other guy was using last night. I go to guard, and suddenly my guy jumps in the air. At first I figured I had ****ed up, as I air dodged quickly afterwards. This happened over and over until I realized what was going on.

The dude had modded his controller for wavedashing. You hold the direction you want to go and alternate R and L to wavedash on command with ease. My buddy and I were fairly surprised, needless to say.

Sensai

Smash Master
Coach, why are you upset? And at who? Or were you? You know how you said that some people have trouble telling if you're serious or not...well, I have trouble doing it with you on the Internet. And I also like the idea of AIO@S (Alabama Is Ok @ Smash), although Up Throw to Lasers is good too.

Tarnish, that sucks about Scrappy (I mean, for your Smash scene. It's cool for him). But we'll definitely have to get a Gannon ditto in sometime. Same goes for you, MacKendra.

NES n00b, I agree. If we don't see each other in the next few weeks, I'mma a'splode.

<3 everyone.

j00t

Smash Champion
Up Throw to Lasers it is, for now. AIO@S doesn't seem like a good idea for a tournament name to me.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Mmmm.... is JWT ganna get a tourny going after all :chuckle:. If you do get a tourny going i can prob get some kind of ride there for sure.

@ Sensai - Yea we'll get some Ganon ditto's in, dunno how ill do cause ive only been playing with him for about 2 weeks but we'll see ( maybe you can give me pointers for getting used to his WD ).

Solitaire

Smash Cadet
Would playing as other characters increase my overall skill level?

Also, coach what is your laundry day? I would enjoy playing you more before you go to awesome Europe.

Top Bottom