• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

j00t

Smash Champion
We always smash on Wednesday nights and Saturday nights. We're meeting Saturday, talk to Moogle on the details for that.

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm up for smash -any time-. And I mean it. Someone wakes me up at 4 a.m. wanting to play smash? Well.... I might do it then.... but you get the point. :3

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Well if any of you want to come on over and smash, let me know. Me and MacKendra are smashin it up right now

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Much like Joot, I am always willing to play. Just feel free to swing by.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Well, Wednesdays are usually the plan, so you need not worry.

Incidentally, I will be coming up tomorrow with TheOneJanitor to bring great joy and play SSBM. Everyone get excited (note: this is imperative).

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Well, Wednesdays are usually the plan, so you need not worry.

Incidentally, I will be coming up tomorrow with TheOneJanitor to bring great joy and play SSBM. Everyone get excited (note: this is imperative).

indeedo

also, i suck, just in case anyone was wondering.

j00t

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter if you suck or not, janitor. The reason you come to these weeklies (Or in our case, twice-a-week-weeklies) is to GET BETTER. I used to be terrible at the game, but I can even see a noticeable improvement in my game.

Sensai

Smash Master
You guys talk so much...

I'm writing this from a Honduran bathroom. It's about the smallest thing I've ever been in, besides their elevators.

The main love interest down here is now pregnant and married. Everyone else I know here has moved away. It pretty much blows...

So, I've resorted to margaritas and Salva Vidas, which is the name of the beer. It's been good...this one place has some really sweet-*** margaritas. Not like good, but like...sweet. As if it were pure sugar.

Oh, I'm sorry...is this supposed to be about Smash?

[/end funny rant that has a hint of truth behind it]

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
It doesn't matter if you suck or not, janitor. The reason you come to these weeklies (Or in our case, twice-a-week-weeklies) is to GET BETTER. I used to be terrible at the game, but I can even see a noticeable improvement in my game.
Yes yes, I just don't want anyone to be under false pretenses that they're getting a "new challenge" or anything. :-D
I love this game whether I'm getting my *** kicked or not.

I don't guess i'm a complete scrub, but the safest bet is to be modest i guess :-D

coach

Smash Apprentice
You guys talk so much...

I'm writing this from a Honduran bathroom. It's about the smallest thing I've ever been in, besides their elevators.

The main love interest down here is now pregnant and married. Everyone else I know here has moved away. It pretty much blows...

So, I've resorted to margaritas and Salva Vidas, which is the name of the beer. It's been good...this one place has some really sweet-*** margaritas. Not like good, but like...sweet. As if it were pure sugar.

Oh, I'm sorry...is this supposed to be about Smash?

[/end funny rant that has a hint of truth behind it]
I feel betrayed sensai, but I miss you. I also agree, stfu people who enjoy spamming this thread. (I'm drinking too)

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
Yes yes, I just don't want anyone to be under false pretenses that they're getting a "new challenge" or anything. :-D
I love this game whether I'm getting my *** kicked or not.

I don't guess i'm a complete scrub, but the safest bet is to be modest i guess :-D
Modesty. Yes i completely agree. This is a concept that someone i know *cough* munkus--has a really hard time gripping. I love playing people who are better than me. This seems to happen more often than not... but i also play to improve at the same time. That's the whole point of the game.

I basically just told all of you what you already know...

ANYWAY, i'll see you guys tonight.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
yo Moogle, Sensai, and coach, you have to come to my b day gathering, I'll have to firgure uot a day, but just come, and I'll figure out a date.

j00t

Smash Champion
Can I come too? :p If you ask me to play with you this time, i'll be sure to say yes. :3

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Fun night tonight guys.

I got a wedding to go to this weekend, so that's it for me until next week :O

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
Thanks for coming janitor and slano.
Yes it was good meeting you guys. And thanks to coach for havin us over. I'll see you guys on saturday. Sorry i couldn't come with you, munkus:(

But at least i won't be hearing any unpleasant 'noises' during the night :p Enjoy brandon's new tv, if he actually got it.

j00t

Smash Champion
Well, I didn't know this, but there is a Smash tournament at PersaCon this year. I knew about the convention, but I thought they had already made a final list for tournaments. It's this Saturday at the Tom Bevill Center at 5:00 p.m.

I don't know the details about the tournament, so i'll try to find out on that soon enough.

Solitaire

Smash Cadet
Well, I didn't know this, but there is a Smash tournament at PersaCon this year. I knew about the convention, but I thought they had already made a final list for tournaments. It's this Saturday at the Tom Bevill Center at 5:00 p.m.

I don't know the details about the tournament, so i'll try to find out on that soon enough.
Yeah it's $25 to get into the Con. Yikes.

MacKendra

Smash Rookie
well, crap. i would like to go too, but i don't think it's gonna happen...if anyone's up for smashing in huntsvegas, i'm game. good luck to moogle and j00t.

j00t

Smash Champion
Well, I think we're still meeting at Moogle's place at 2 like usual so we can get our practice in. I practiced for about 2 hours today to get ready as well :p

j00t

Smash Champion
Well, I didn't mean I got that much better..... the only thing I meant was my tech skill :p

Top Bottom