• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Sensai

Smash Master
Tarnish, the best advice I can give you for Ganon's WD is this: airdodge later then you think you should. Ganon/Falco players know exactly what this is like...hit jump, and airdodge a tad later then you think you should.

And Ganon dittos are always so weird...they're a completely different match up.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Right on, i knew i that i wasnt able to WD with im as fast as others and i can WD with him but ill just have to get used to doing alittle slower then normal. Seeing as how i can WD really fast with G&W sometimes messes me up when im switching back and forth between the two.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Would playing as other characters increase my overall skill level?

Also, coach what is your laundry day? I would enjoy playing you more before you go to awesome Europe.
Who do you play with already? If you tell me that i can give you some advice on that.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure he uses C.Falcon, i know this from all the videos ive seen him play when moogle records. I'm not 100% sure that he still uses him but who knows.

I've got better over the years and ive swapped mains so many times thats why im where i am now, plus going to all those tourny's helped me out alot ( The MLG one helped out the most cause thats where i learned to WD ). Playing with other characters does help out sometimes in my opinion cause you'll have EXP with everyone. Its kinda how i am with C.Falcon cause ill stop playing with him for awhile and then come back to him and be loads better, i guess you could say C.Falcon will be my "Forever Main" but not the person ill use the most cause i like to swap up from time to time.

Sensai

Smash Master
I don't think I'll be going to any bi-weeklys anytime soon...my summer schedule is always weirded up, with just about every other weekend being devoted to something new.

And Tarnish, I went from Fox to Ganon, and still will play Fox when I gotta take down a Sheik. The speed change is so weird....

Soli plays with C. Falcon. Or, he used to. I'm pretty sure he still does.

Sensai

Smash Master
I think this Saturday I'm going to be there. Maybe. I may actually be up in Kansas City, Kansas.

(what are we doing tomorrow?)

Sensai

Smash Master
Where are we Smashing? So far as I know, Moogle's fallen off the face of the planet and Coach is out of city/state/country.

Too bad about Moogle, really...good kid. Had a good Pichu.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Lol @ Sensai, i guess Moogle never read up on history cause the world is still flat remeber :psycho:. I thought Moogle said something about you guys recording sometime ago cause if you guys did the vids never got up or something.

j00t

Smash Champion
We never got to recording.

Edit: Clack Clack 1 sounds like a good tournament name as well. I always liked Clack Clack, though I don't get the reference. :p

coach

Smash Apprentice
I regret to inform you that this would be the wrong implementation of clackclack. I still firmly stand beside AIOK@S. Thanks for helping me out Andy.

Sensai

Smash Master
Sounds good about tonight and Friday.

I enjoy the idea of having a tournament named Clack Clack, but it wouldn't quite be fitting. I also really like AIOK@S or Up Throw To Lasers (UTTL) and stand by either of those.

And I don't think we ever recorded. We talked about it, but then just played a bunch of doubles. Anyone up for recording tonight?

[Edit:]

I can't type!

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
if anybody has any AL tournaments please post. i'm on a winning streak of 3 tourneys in a row. i need a challenge 4 my falco.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
if anybody has any AL tournaments please post. i'm on a winning streak of 3 tourneys in a row. i need a challenge 4 my falco.
Where do you live? Maybe if you're near my area (Phenix City/Columbus), either my Bowser or my crew can provide that for you.

Malk

Smash Champion
Y'all are going to come to North Carolina's capital city for the Mourning Pirates Jubilee Five right?

Aug 4, most badass tournament on the east coast
free lodging, free food, free... actually there's a $5 venue now but come on.
Three days and nights of nonstop smash fun held on private property.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99500

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'll be there tonight, full of love and herpes.

Malk: North Carolina is an obscenely long drive from huntsville.

j00t

Smash Champion
The Friday meeting is a one-time thing, n00b. :x

Also, I thought it was Up Throw to Lasers, not Up Smash..... I liked Up Throw better :p

Sensai

Smash Master
Ack. Typed it wrong, thanks J00t.

And SK8orDIE, welcome.[Edit:]

NES n00b snuck a post in under me.

You'd have to talk to Moogle about coming on Friday.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Man you guys are lucky to have a smash community, Florence there's just me and Scrappy.... everyone else kinda left or just quit altogether which kinda sucks. Most everyone around here is an XBL Fanatic ( i play XBL aswell ) but dammit i love my smash.

I'll be so happy when i get my new TV payed off cause i plan on getting a MotorCycle, then ill be albl to come play you guys from time to time.

Sensai

Smash Master
My arm still hurts.

For those who weren't in attendance last night (I'm looking at quite a few of you, actually), my right arm was killing me last night. It's not a heart attack, we know, so it's gotta be a stroke.

I've been stroking for a day and a half now. It's not all that bad, actually...

Top Bottom