• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Nu...
sorry man.
i wanted to go with you.
<3
no homo.

edit: now i need a doubles partner for game galaxy.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Cam, are you still going to Game Gal?

And Duchock, it is not easier to just head northeast from b'ham to Chattanooga, and skip Huntsville?
I don't know. No one seems to want to go. I'll give you an answer in the next couple of days. I'll see if some Hville or Madison people want to go. If not, then I'm not going.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ruse.
drive to montgomery.
and ill brawl.

move there isntead.

i use to live in mobile.

Ruse

Fox
Nah, I can get a job and crap real easy in Lillian and I have family there.

Plus, I'd still be super close to PCola :).

I'd drive to Montgomery if a tournament was hosted there (it's only like 3 hours). They ever happen?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
nah not here.
buttttt if more people want one here id consider hosting one
:D
i have a place and everything.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
So shaSLAM, you definitely won't be able to make LasT? I don't want to put you in a pool if you're not going to be there.

Radicool

Smash Rookie
whoo been awhile since i visited here. and once again the next tournament is scheduled at a bad time for me....

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
And Duchock, it is not easier to just head northeast from b'ham to Chattanooga, and skip Huntsville?
I consider driving past huntsville the same as driving to huntsville. It is out of the way to drive through Huntsville, yeah. I was just trying to say it's about 4 hours to game galaxy... probably longer though.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
NEVERMIND!
do they have STREET FIGHTER MACHINES????
thats awesome though.

i still need a partner.
cheap do you have a partner???

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
NEVERMIND!
do they have STREET FIGHTER MACHINES????
thats awesome though.

i still need a partner.
cheap do you have a partner???
Yes all of them as far as I know including street fighter the movie but besides 2010, and blazblue and tekken 6 and all the mortal kombats and marvel vs capcom 1 and 2 and capcom fighting jam and even karate champion.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
None taken. Laser Tag does have its own arcade, but most of the stuff in there is kinda stupid. The only thing I play is the Pump It Up NX2, which is in great condition. I think it has MvC2, a Galaga/Mrs. Pac-man combo, Time Crisis 3 & 4, and the other things are even less important.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Hey guys, i beat chrono trigger. Nus are amazing ;).

Hey Cam, i think i want to go to antioch. My parents will like that a lot more.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
o neat! I didn't even know what the venue was. PIU is good enough to make up for any arcade's sub-prime nature.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
What is pump it up and can I get into it if I've only played DDR? I'm definitely on the Time Crisis 3, tho.

Pools are up btw. My toughest fights there seem to be PhantomX and BadNewsBear.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
What is pump it up and can I get into it if I've only played DDR?
Pump it Up is DDR with 5 arrows. <--- layman's terms.

Instead of cardinal arrows, they're instead diagonal and one in the middle. It requires a lot more moving around and you can twist an ankle and fall down if you don't know what you're doing. Where DDR is developed by Konami, a Japanese company, PIU is developed by a Korean company. So you see a lot of Korean influences and plenty of k-pop music.

You can pick up pretty much any DDR song and dance well to it when you are good at playing it. With PIU, it's kinda tougher to pick up any song and play well without knowing what's coming up next imo.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
Pump it Up is DDR with 5 arrows. <--- layman's terms.

Instead of cardinal arrows, they're instead diagonal and one in the middle. It requires a lot more moving around and you can twist an ankle and fall down if you don't know what you're doing. Where DDR is developed by Konami, a Japanese company, PIU is developed by a Korean company. So you see a lot of Korean influences and plenty of k-pop music.

You can pick up pretty much any DDR song and dance well to it when you are good at playing it. With PIU, it's kinda tougher to pick up any song and play well without knowing what's coming up next imo.
KINDA TOUGHER MY ***!!!!!
pump me amadeus....
winter.......
csikos post.....
need i go on?!!!?
but i do love some banya

Winnar

Smash Lord
Guys I've posted this in like 3 threads but I'm getting nervous for this tournament :( I want to do well but I don't know if I will.

I want to really badly D:

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
KINDA TOUGHER MY ***!!!!!
pump me amadeus....
winter.......
csikos post.....
need i go on?!!!?
but i do love some banya
Haha, yeah. The machine at Laser Tag is an NX2, so you have to watch out for stuff like Chimera and Final Audition 2-2. Not to mention the remixes... Sadly, Pump Me Amadeus was removed (for the most part) from NX2.

I think the biggest thing in going from DDR to Pump is getting your balance right. You really have to move from the back of the pad to the front and side to side, so you can't really keep your center of balance in on spot as easily. But if you've played DDR, you can probably pick up on it quickly enough. And lucky for everyone, there's a bar, which is wonderfully helpful.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
so who am i gonna face in the grand finals in game galaxy?

and WTF PHANTOMX is GONNA BE THERE? doesnt he live in canada?
i wanna wario friendlie...
but im going to game galaxy...
-_-

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What is pump it up and can I get into it if I've only played DDR? I'm definitely on the Time Crisis 3, tho.
I tried picking up PIU after being good at most Heavy songs in DDR. Normal mode was somewhat overwhelming (and that's the equivalent of Light mode for DDR). The body movement and reading is much different, so it's not as easy to get into as it sounds.

Also, I'm all about some Time Crisis. Let's go through 3 and 4 together.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I tried picking up PIU after being good at most Heavy songs in DDR. Normal mode was somewhat overwhelming (and that's the equivalent of Light mode for DDR). The body movement and reading is much different, so it's not as easy to get into as it sounds.

Also, I'm all about some Time Crisis. Let's go through 3 and 4 together.
Alright, I'll try it out.

And hell yeah. I haven't beaten 4 but I run through 3 like candy.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Nice1 you live in Selma? i go up to selma alot to visit family members up there :p you should come to Pensacola for our brawl/melee tourney next month i kno the drive from there would be easy no johns :p Anybody in Mobile play brawl? they should make it down thats like a 45minute drive :-)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
And hell yeah. I haven't beaten 4 but I run through 3 like candy.
's good to hear. You're not the only one; I've played through it a million times, too.

I only went through Time Crisis 4 one time. The cutscenes are so hilariously bad. Captain Rush is the most American soldier ever.

In a really-early firefight that takes place in a small hallway, he RUNS OUT AND MELEE ATTACKS a guy, just because he can.

He also has an unlimited supply of special ammo, it seems.

"HERE, TAKE MORE SHOTGUN AMMO, I'VE GOT LIKE A BILLION"

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So guys, we have the Internet in our apartment now. So your Internet needs will be accommodated for if you're staying here Friday. :D

nevershootme

Smash Master
's good to hear. You're not the only one; I've played through it a million times, too.

I only went through Time Crisis 4 one time. The cutscenes are so hilariously bad. Captain Rush is the most American soldier ever.

In a really-early firefight that takes place in a small hallway, he RUNS OUT AND MELEE ATTACKS a guy, just because he can.

He also has an unlimited supply of special ammo, it seems.

"HERE, TAKE MORE SHOTGUN AMMO, I'VE GOT LIKE A BILLION"
not to mention the cheesy dialog during stage 2 boss! I've played it every time i randomly go to a mall bored as hell and beat it in one shot (5-6 times already) and always nailing 1st place high score on most machines i've played on. we should do co-op the next time there's a machine aroudn and you're in FL.

video of stupid dialog in stage 2 boss from me (with rapid gun clicking): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HhGarTt2xs (high score on that run was

Top Bottom