• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
owls, colin powel's mortal enemy.

or did i just weebl that incorrectly?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
This was the first match of the grand finals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmTsPXY8tlk&feature=related

Something tells me that that tourney wasn't for pros and aces all abouts.
They also banned MK. >_> Anti mains him, but had to use Oli.

What are these stages XD

Rainbow cruise and Mario circuit? wat Not only wat but first round so they're supposed to be neutrals?
They might stage strike using the counterpicks and neutrals. That's so weird though, you're right.

Possibly. People at the Brawl Fox boards think I'm good enough to be interviewed. :p I'm 3rd in line after Rookie and Samboner.
It's cuz you're famous. :p

SleepyK

Moogle, your Fox is pretty good. I figure any given Melee Fox is at _least_ in the top 5 Brawl Foxes.
there's a post i want to make but i can't make it because certain people take it very seriously and would report me and i would receive yet another infraction because somehow a meme/joke that bears no hostility or insult suddenly becomes an attack on every brawl player, despite my history of getting along with smashers of any game.
anyway, creamy peanut butter sucks, eat crunchy, etc.

no seriously. creamy peanut butter just can't stack up to crunchy.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
it's weird cause I'm the only person in my family of 8 that likes crunchy better.

Creamy is for little girls with soft teeth.

SleepyK

it's weird cause I'm the only person in my family of 8 that likes crunchy better.

will is a man in my book and he doesn't even main falcon

Winnar

Smash Lord

That Will_ is a pretty cool guy

he eats crunchy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Guuuuuuys why does my character's character specific boards suck ***? ;-; Nobody goes to the brawl falcon boards (except like 3 ******** folk who alternate between worshiping and hating one another) because it's a horrible abyss devoid of any intelligent life.

Except for me.

Also

there's a post i want to make but i can't make it because certain people take it very seriously and would report me and i would receive yet another infraction because somehow a meme/joke that bears no hostility or insult suddenly becomes an attack on every brawl player, despite my history of getting along with smashers of any game.
anyway, creamy peanut butter sucks, eat crunchy, etc.

no seriously. creamy peanut butter just can't stack up to crunchy.
SleepyK I <3 you regardless of "peanut butter" preferences :D

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Guuuuuuys why does my character's character specific boards suck ***? ;-; Nobody goes to the brawl falcon boards (except like 3 ******** folk who alternate between worshiping and hating one another) because it's a horrible abyss devoid of any intelligent life.

Except for me.

lol, I've been trying to find good falcon tactics/vids on that board, but there is nothing... :urg:
Any vids of you, perhaps? I really need to get better at him...he is just so fun.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I've given up on character specific boards. I learn more useful things about the game from just playing than all the situational stuff that will never happen in an actual match that gets posted on the Kirby boards.

SleepyK

i'm serious about the peanut butter. just about peanut butter.

on that note, crunchy peanut butter and honey is like my favorite sandwich that isn't made at a deli.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
on that note, crunchy peanut butter and honey is like my favorite sandwich that isn't made at a deli.
When I was a kid, my favorite sandwich was pickle and mayonnase. Now it's peanut butter and jelly... I'm convinced I was a pregnant woman in a previous lifetime before I was reincarnated with the similar cravings/food preferences.

btw, crunchy. There's a half full bottle of it back and to my right that I haven't touched in 5 months, but I keep it there for nostalgic reasons.

SleepyK

if there were any desire for ice cream with any one of those ingredients, you'd be 100% pregnant woman

Geou

Smash Apprentice
So I decided to come in this thread randomly, and saw that FREAKY owl gif. What kind of owls are they, anyway? And please don't post it again.

BTW, good games the other day, Slam. I'll see if I can play with ya more often.

Winnar

Smash Lord
lol, I've been trying to find good falcon tactics/vids on that board, but there is nothing... :urg:
Any vids of you, perhaps? I really need to get better at him...he is just so fun.
I guess I have a few videos, I might even have some on my HDD right now. They're all friendlies but you might see something you like or something. I'll get busy on posting them pronto for you :D

Also feel free to hit me up on AIM if you have a screenname. Mine is "Winnar is YOU" (without quotes). That goes for everyone, chat with me I'm lonely :O

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Have i ever shared this? It's a gif of the most biggest tool ever talking about **** on some forums.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
So I decided to come in this thread randomly, and saw that FREAKY owl gif. What kind of owls are they, anyway? And please don't post it again.

BTW, good games the other day, Slam. I'll see if I can play with ya more often.
it was fun geou!
oh and sorry about getting you home late.
but yeah thatd be cool.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I'll probably upload some stuff tomorrow or something. I have a few recorded matches, mostly falcon dittos.

In the meantime I'd suggest watching Rebaz. He is really, really good. Better than me. Cleaner than me, at least. I do a few things differently, though, so I'll upload a few matches.

Oh and if you haven't already seen it here's the only full match of myself I've uploaded yet. There are others but they don't count because they're OOOOOOOOLD and ugly. And I wasn't falcon in any of them. Either of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDJRrmc13xw&fmt=18 Here you go, CHEAP PEACH

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
my words to live by at vulcan are as follows:

B1TCHES AINT ****
I'm takin the gambox this time. Will_, George, Mahg (people i lose to at every tourney), you guys better watch out. No joke. You ain't seen this DanGR before. I'm wippin out ma new tag.

I need a double partner. >_>

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
peanut butter and banana sandwiches on whole wheat toast totally light my fire

...Rainbow Cruise is my favorite stage evar.

santa cruz
rainbow cruise
terry crews
booze cruise
tom cruise
cruisin' usa
speed II: cruise control

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Dan, I can likely double with you since Winnar is throwing ifs and maybes at me from out of everywhere.
Could make it work, we both want money, yes?

AIM me if you're intrested, I can turn the creepy down a bit for ya. =D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the peanuts in crunchy peanut butter get stuck in my gums and make me angrily bellow like bowser
also crunchy peanut butter is way too hard to spread

the snake boards are nice. we have Havokk who is almost toooo dedicated to the board. i've learned all kinds of stuff.

but I learn most of my stuff by watching ally videos, like my snake is basically a copy of ally and afro thundah
btw I've been pronouncing that Allee the whole time but apparently its All-eye, which should have been my first guess since its an actual word.

but my new snake hero is Ultimate Razer. He plays snake how snake would play if snake was in melee. and he uses wiimote and nunchuck which is really ****ing stupid considering how good he is

my snake is getting smexyer by the day. I really like snake dittos. and ganon dittos.

captain falcon is actually a decently difficult matchup for snake

moogle makes you forget that fox is only average in brawl. Like to date I've never played any other good foxes in my life. well actually g-reg's fox is good but that was online. Moogles fox is one big campy mindgame

speaking of campy foxes. its easy to do well with fox in melee if you camp really hard. unless you're playing another campy fox in which the game is pretty boring, and I usually stop camping and get ***** because of my lack of patience.

rob wat about penelope cruz. i'd hit it.

as long as I dont lose because I choked at vulcan i'll be happy. if I do that, I should place in the money IMHO, the problem is i have a history of choking :-D

SleepyK

yeah if fox just laser/dd camps it's already hard to get in on him.
t1j i believe you are now a "girl with soft gums"

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
rob theres santa cruz.
and since im mexican i have alot of realtives with the last name cruz.

t1J you didnt miss anything at the doubles tournament cuz it was only 3 teams lol. but thanks for trying to be my partner.

and if i dont choke im making it out of pools. im not trying to take the tournamnet or anything. i just wanna make it out of god**** pools.
take small steps.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Will people just call me Cheap? That was my original intent, but it was already taken. =(

Also, I'll be needing a doubles partner for gamebox. I'll either be peach, falcon, or zss.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
captain falcon is actually a decently difficult matchup for snake

moogle makes you forget that fox is only average in brawl. Like to date I've never played any other good foxes in my life. well actually g-reg's fox is good but that was online. Moogles fox is one big campy mindgame

rob wat about penelope cruz. i'd hit it.
-Moogle's Fox gives me so much trouble. it's ridiculous.
-I play C Falcon. I can assure you it's not a good matchup, that Snake. Whose Falcon are you playing against?
-and yes yes yes on Penelope Cruz.

rob theres santa cruz.
it's the first one on the list, man. i used to live near there.

Hey, Will_ I finally beat Chuy's Ike... with Ness! Twice! The secret? PK Thunder shuts down his approaches. I also won with a gorgeous PK flash kill. That thing just rips them off the screen like they don't deserve to live. And how.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vooiKmr9yKg&fmt=22 Falcon dittos are cool, Norfair is bull****. Jeff's DI is too good.

Encoding match 2 now, I'll upload it later.

Also sk8, I think T1J means it's not Falcon's worst matchup. In that case he's right, but it's still not a good match for Falcon.

Also also I'm totally serious, Fox is top tier. People just don't know it yet because only Moogle and Jeff really play Fox well at all. Yes, Jeff plays Fox (pretty well, actually).

Also also also Cheap, no matter what you do- do NOT listen to what ToKneeOrNotToKnee says. Ever. He's a moron.

Also x4 Havokk seems like a cool guy, but he reminds me too much of ToKnee so I dunno.

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
Hey, Will_ I finally beat Chuy's Ike... with Ness! Twice! The secret? PK Thunder shuts down his approaches. I also won with a gorgeous PK flash kill. That thing just rips them off the screen like they don't deserve to live. And how.
That's my favorite part of playing Lucas/Ness.

PKT Interruption on Ike's upB as well as PKT Mindgames.

Btw
Is there any possible way to get a replay onto your computer (working of course) with an SD card?

I'll be getting a capture card soon, but I'd still like to know.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I mean its not snakes easiest matchup. snake obv still wins, but since captain falcon's recovery is so good in brawl and falcon is relatively heavy, snake sometimes has trouble killing him. also a lot of falcon's move have deceptive range that gives snake problems.

i dont think fox is high tier. his whole game is dair uptilt. which doesn't even work half the time. I mean if you just shield camp fox, he pretty much can't kill you lol. i mean you'll get thrown around a little bit but iono, fox only hits you when he shield pokes you or when the player tricks you... but moogle wins because he's super patient and smart

i dont know toknee
but havokk is a really knowledgeable player. i dont know how good he is, but he's responsible for perpetuating most of the snake knowledge availabe.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
rob theres santa cruz.

t1J you didnt miss anything at the doubles tournament cuz it was only 3 teams lol. but thanks for trying to be my partner.

and if i dont choke im making it out of pools. im not trying to take the tournamnet or anything. i just wanna make it out of god**** pools.
take small steps.
shaslam, use your half-charged wario fart plz. You rarely used it the times we've played online. it kills most characters at like 50. and it comes out instantly, and it has good range. just do it out of shield, or jump and do it when someone is recovering.
it takes, what is it guys? 50 seconds to charge?

whenever I play wario (granted my wario sucks), my goal is to get a legit kill early, and then build 50-60 damage the next stock and get a quick second kill, and usually by then your opponent is like wtf and they can't regain the momentum

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so guys I've decided that I'm going to play with tap jump off.
and I'm switching L to special because it helps me do b-reversals easier

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I am annoyed that setting attack to the C-stick ends in tears.

You hit up on it twice and you jump

Whaaaat?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'll be needing a doubles partner for gamebox. I'll either be peach, falcon, or zss.
Oh! Oh! Pick me, pick me, pick me. Ness + Peach sounds like a killer combo, imo. It's mother + mama. Earthbound ariels. We'll ruuuule the skies~

Ugh, I haven't been looking forward to a tournament in a while. I need to start practicing.

Edit: and tap jump off 4lyfe

SleepyK

yeah t1j i only play falcon in brawl, and my snake friend (who's fairly good) does have some trouble killing me. i still get buttraped across the stage for the most part though

Top Bottom