• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
this site looks weirdness now

i want you guys to call me Kalm please

do you ever play online Dan, we need to like communicate and crap, looks like its you and me, that picture makes me giggle

other random stuff

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
do you ever play online Dan, we need to like communicate and crap, looks like its you and me, that picture makes me giggle
I don't play online, but I can try if it's important that we practice together.
We can go to an xat chat if need be.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I don't play online, but I can try if it's important that we practice together.
We can go to an xat chat if need be.

Good deal, I'll PM you later this afternoon because despite the obvious reasons not to practice online. There's still a couple things that would be nice to get used to, such as seeing which team combinations we're comfortable with, and trying out CPs. Olimar may or may not be be okay on the neutrals, we'll just have to see. CPs however I know we can work out at least two or three stages to work well on, in fact I've got some sneaky ideas brewing in my disturbed mind already.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I just bought, um I mean I just got Mad World and Crystal Chronicles for the Wii.

News at 9.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
o thanks cheap. i got pranked by mic_116 though.
WONDER WHO THAT WAS

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
it's so disappointing to see youtube comment-ers complain about how melee has "set combos" (which it does, but a lot of them can be escaped via mindgames/whatever) when stuff like this is all over the place. even melee sheik's chaingrab is harder than falco's or ddd's in barlw.
not knockin' brawl at all, folks. just the idiots on youtube.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
That kind of thing makes Brawl less and less interesting to me. Instead of actually improving characters, the ATs that are found simply render other ones useless. No one gains anything. It just destroys variety, which is one of the only good things about this game.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Dan, are you talking about the buffered cg? Can you blame someone for using it though? I mean, I don't think I would use it normally, but getting Metaknight up to 58% can be useful.

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
Dan, are you talking about the buffered cg? Can you blame someone for using it though? I mean, I don't think I would use it normally, but getting Metaknight up to 58% can be useful.
Reimii used it on my excuse for a sheik from 0 - death, idk how but after about 50% I just kinda let him finish the job

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Shaslam, like I said, you provide the music, I'll get you the speakers. WE WANT THE STANKLY LEG PLAYING DURING ALL OF OUR MATCHES

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont care about pikachu stuff. i play melee, i'm used to losing stocks just because I got grabbed lol

i play snake. snake doesn't get grabbed that much. plus if all else fails I can just give myself forty damage off top to avoid that bull****

what remains true is that with or without the CG, bad pikas will still lose the match.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm talking about all the infinites and chaingrabs. They just make the game boring to me. >_>
The Pikachu-Fox and DDD-DK matchups are all about getting the grab. Who wants to play that all the time? I sure don't.

And no, I can't blame anyone for using it. In competitive gaming where monies are on the line, you play to win. I'm just glad that when this game came out, I didn't pick a character that gets chaingrabbed or somethin.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
and the pika stuff requires a pummel if Im not mistaken.

and if you're under 20 percent (which is where i believe you have to be for pika's stuff to work)
you can break out of grabs pretty easily when they pummel

reflex style

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
so no one watched my video...
and

MAGH!!!!!!!!!
ILL PUT IT ON MY IPOD!

WE NEED A TEAM NAME TOO!

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet

and if you're under 20 percent (which is where i believe you have to be for pika's stuff to work)

reflex style
Well, he did zero pummels.
Usually when I'm grabbed I wait for the throw, a weakness of mine.
But, I attempted to DI out of, though nothing seemed to work.

My John of the day: <3 Wi-Fi
Thats all I got.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice

reflex style

sheik/fox does not require a pummel and can be cg'd to like 100+
but unless its like a high stakes match (any tournament rounds) i wont go that high.....maybe till theyre even with me

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace

reflex style
You don't have to pummel. Some characters you have to get to a certain percent though before you can cg them. Metaknight has to be at 10% before you can use a buffered cg to 58%.

Top Bottom