• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
@anyone going to AL is OK at Smash that has room in their car for me- Can I come? :p

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
Yay I got to play Anomaly today! It was great fun,and I hope to play you sexy Alabama smashers more! Cheap Peach he said you were his brother, so now I wanna play you too :D

also I want to play moogle and that sexy G&W Joot more! :O

...Joot is so sexily technical T.T
Next time you're in town, I challenge you to Bowzer ****tos! No dodging.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
being confident and having fun are both in the top five most important things in smash

a tournament match is just a match.
you shouldn't "treat a match like a tournament match"
you should "treat a tournament match like a regular match".

realize that in the end, its just a game. so have fun with it, that's what we're here for.

like I like to scream **** and talk trash while I'm playing because it makes it more like a regular match and not a super important tourney match.

reflex likes to taunt a lot and stand up and jump around and act out his character's actions

maybe you should do something of the sort to brainwash yourself into not taking everythign so srsly
it may be an odd thing, but the bgm plays a big factor into how well i can get into the match....ex. playing on halberd with boss theme....will not bring nearly as much of a challenge as playing on halberd with gourmet race........(i gotta figure out how to hack my wii to change the bgm and add SSE boss theme 1 to battlefield)......id be surprised if no ever heard me humming the music during most of my matches

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
it may be an odd thing, but the bgm plays a big factor into how well i can get into the match....ex. playing on halberd with boss theme....will not bring nearly as much of a challenge as playing on halberd with gourmet race........(i gotta figure out how to hack my wii to change the bgm and add SSE boss theme 1 to battlefield)......id be surprised if no ever heard me humming the music during most of my matches
Calvin and I are notorious for counterpicking music in Teams tournament matches.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I actually have huge tournament anxiety before and during a tournament(which is generally amplified by getting no sleep the night before, tennessee was even more fun because I was sick lol). The music on my mp3 player is one of the few things that relaxes me and helps me get focused.

Other stress relievers include massages, women, naps, and my lucky hat.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I actually have huge tournament anxiety before and during a tournament(which is generally amplified by getting no sleep the night before, tennessee was even more fun because I was sick lol). The music on my mp3 player is one of the few things that relaxes me and helps me get focused.

Other stress relievers include massages, women, naps, and my lucky hat.
I get some pretty intense anxiety beforehand, but once the tourney gets going things are better.

I think Jeff used to get a little nervous before matches, but now he just uses Yoshi. He no longer worries about matches because he's playing purely for the sport of it. Which is cool, I guess. I know I wouldn't ever be able to that, I want to play well way too badly to not care :\

ALSO I CANNOT DECIDE WHETHER I WANT TO GO TO THIS STUPID TOURNAMENT OR NOT AND IT'S MAKING ME SAD AS EVIDENCED BY THIS EMOTICON: :(

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I still need a delicous teams, if I get two or three more "maybes" then I'm almost guaranteed doubles at gamebox.

Also I wanna win.

moogle

Smash Ace
@anyone going to AL is OK at Smash that has room in their car for me- Can I come? :p
I have a reply in the other thread..
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7030745
Mr. DanGR, I believe there are 4 of us leaving from Huntsville Saturday morning (me, joot, Will_, saintrage)... though I agreed to pick up mslano in Hoover, which would make 5.

Maybe there exists a solution to this.

(also I'm not 100% sure if Will_ is attending... I'll call him tonight)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Lol welcome to my world of getting ignored asking about teams Kalm.
i think im already teaming with Skizbe.
i wanna team with Cam though. lol Wario and Pika would be TOO interesting.

@Cheap, i have no clue. my friend ended up coming down here instead so i know nothing about it anymore cuz im not going... ill ask him and if he knows what hall it is on or anything ill keep you posted.
here is all i knew.

"HEY MAN, there is like... some... smash... thingy... tournament going on up here on friday and i know you like smash and ****... so make some money, ****er."
-slam's friend.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Lol welcome to my world of getting ignored asking about teams Kalm.
i think im already teaming with Skizbe.
i wanna team with Cam though. lol Wario and Pika would be TOO interesting.

@Cheap, i have no clue. my friend ended up coming down here instead so i know nothing about it anymore cuz im not going... ill ask him and if he knows what hall it is on or anything ill keep you posted.
here is all i knew.

"HEY MAN, there is like... some... smash... thingy... tournament going on up here on friday and i know you like smash and ****... so make some money, ****er."
-slam's friend.
Lol. Maybe sometime we can try some friendly team matches where we aren't obligated to team with Skizbe or Spade.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Just go, I will give you candy.

I promise : D
I am currently hungry as a mofo

I just said mofo

I'm currently very hungry, and the thought of something very sweet in my mouth right now is giving me a headache. I'm going to BK maybe it'll be more appetizing when I get back :(

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
If you have a hacked Wii, download the EX Brawl Codeset. That will take care of all the codes you need. I'd go ahead and throw in no tripping if you know how. From there, you'll just need to download some character textures or make your own. Downloading is much easier obviously, and there's a lot of work that goes into creating your own textures. There are quite a few websites out there dedicated to Brawl textures. I'm just going to rip off Falco400 and recommend Stack Smash and Kitty Corp. to get you started.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Gecko OS should be included in the EX Brawl Codeset package. There's an archive file that you basically extract to the root folder of your SD Card.

Edit: Here's the link to the EX Brawl Codeset archive you should have downloaded.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5N4YM9FY

In the archive there should be a folder named SD Card or something to that effect. Move everything that's inside of that folder to the root folder of your SD Card. You should be set, and afterwards all you need to do is put the desired textures in the correct place on the SD Card with the correct filenames of the colors you want to replace.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I want a Famicom just so I can listen to the Akumajou Densetsu soundtrack on the real hardware.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Okay so I'm going to the AL is OK at Smash :)

I'm also bringing Shai Hulud. We'll be doing teams together (for the first time) :O I've only sort of seen him play once so it should be interesting :D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Okay so I'm going to the AL is OK at Smash :)

I'm also bringing Shai Hulud. We'll be doing teams together (for the first time) :O I've only sort of seen him play once so it should be interesting :D
shai is pretty good
he can do lots of fancy stuff with fox :-D

i'm leaving for ttown in about twenty minutes

Top Bottom