• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
Reflex, you better be at Gamebox, I want Lucas dittos with everyone possible.

In fact, EVERYONE better be at Gamebox, so my dad wont have a reason for me to not go to smashfests.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Yes. Conned. As in "Hey guys are you playing smash I'll come over and play."

We sure tricked you to throw us into the briar patch.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
And then we strapped you down to the chair and taped the controller in your hands and forced you to play brawl or leave in disdain /allcapsforhumor

j00t

Smash Champion
And then we strapped you down to the chair and taped the controller in your hands and forced you to play brawl or leave in disdain /allcapsforhumor
I chose to play Brawl because I keep on thinking that there are some redeemable qualities to it.

Too bad the only redeemable qualities in it exist in Brawl+.

And besides, all of us wanted to play Melee after a while, but there was this one super special person that we had to satisfy the entire night.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I thought about planking at the next tournament to see how unbeatable it really is. If I don't do it in tournament, I would really like to get some recorded friendly matches of me planking someone that didn't mind too much.

Lucas is one of the few characters that I just completely suck with and can't do anything with. He's got a lot of great attacks, but I can't find the right spots to use them in for some reason. Fsmash, ftilt, dtilt, uptilt, dsmash, jab, bair, fair, dair. They're are good IMO, but... maybe it's that he has one of the worst (if not the worst) grabs in the game? And if you know me, you know I like to grab. XP

And Ike is cool.

edit: Hey Moogle and T1J, can you put me down maining random until I find what character ima use?

Winnar

Smash Lord
Reflex and 3GOD are like the same person.

Maybe.

They both play Wario and Lucas.

This is getting weird :(

Also you might see me this saturday at the melee tournament, I'm still really on the fence. I want to go to a tournament but ehhhhh it's melee and I'll lose magnificently because I'm horribly out of practice.

Also also there's a pretty decent chance I'll be going to Gamebox.

Also also also we (Jeff, Robert, and I) are going to be out west (Louisiana olol) for summer, so I don't know how many more tournaments you'll see us at. Gamebox might be the last for a while :(

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I thought about planking at the next tournament to see how unbeatable it really is. If I don't do it in tournament, I would really like to get some recorded friendly matches of me planking someone that didn't mind too much.

Lucas is one of the few characters that I just completely suck with and can't do anything with. He's got a lot of great attacks, but I can't find the right spots to use them in for some reason. Fsmash, ftilt, dtilt, uptilt, dsmash, jab, bair, fair, dair. They're are good IMO, but... maybe it's that he has one of the worst (if not the worst) grabs in the game? And if you know me, you know I like to grab. XP

And Ike is cool.

edit: Hey Moogle and T1J, can you put me down maining random until I find what character ima use?
How about you play a MM against Reflex and you agree on planking terms?

Because I will hurt you viciously if you plank in the tourney.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
reflex got 2nd at HERB
i want to see the set vs. M2K
Yeah, that's what my post a page or two ago was about. M2K named himself dr. B@DBOON or something.

And Dan--I'll do it. It can just be a friendly and you're welcome to record it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about you play a MM against Reflex and you agree on planking terms?

Because I will hurt you viciously if you plank in the tourney.
Sure. I'd love to. I wanted to MM him with Olimar at the last tourney, but I never got the chance.

Thanks for the link, T1J.

edit: Will_- I'd love to.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I'm trying to figure out a reason why Pikachu couldn't just use well-timed tjolts to counter a planking metaknight.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol UAB is having a smash tournament on Friday.
im guessing its gonna be a little stupid one for students with items and crap cuz i havent heard about it on smashboards.

im gonna go cuz i was going up there anyways for my friend. lololol slam mioght win his first tourney guys!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I used to play Lucas about half a year ago. I liked him and I knew he had potential, but all of his moves seemed situational, and I couldn't use them like they should have been used, apparently.

But, now I know the game better, and I've found niches for most of 'em. I just wish I could B-Air spike consistently. His moves are very different, though; I understand what you mean.

im guessing its gonna be a little stupid one for students with items and crap cuz i havent heard about it on smashboards.

im gonna go cuz i was going up there anyways for my friend. lololol slam mioght win his first tourney guys!
If that's the case, then it's good that you use Wario. Eat stupid items, and use your wonderful mobility to get the Smash Ball. Air/ledge camp if they manage to get a Smash Ball or something.

I wish I could've went to last year's EVO; I would've done so well.

Reflex, who did you use against M2K? Just curious.
Two matches with PT (Game 1, Winner's Semis and Game 1, Grand Finals) and three matches with Wario (Game 2, Winner's Semis and Game 2/3, Grand Finals). I didn't win a single game in tournament, although they were all relatively close throughout.

I need to find a way to stop Mach Tornado as Ivysaur/Charizard, but Squirtle was doing even better than Wario.

I played a friendly set in-between the tournament sets and beat him with PT once.

I also tried Lucas in a couple matches after the tournament. I did well for the most part, but if I was off the level, I was almost always gimped. I need to learn to consistently Zap Jump, and then I think that matchup could be doable.

_Keno_

Smash Lord

im gonna go cuz i was going up there anyways for my friend. lololol slam might win his first tourney guys!
thats not far from me, i suppose I'll look it up later this week and go.
if there are teams, wanna partner? :bee:

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I wish there was a hack to let you play as squirtle without repercussions.

Then I might main squirtle.

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
But, now I know the game better, and I've found niches for most of 'em. I just wish I could B-Air spike consistently. His moves are very different, though; I understand what you mean.

Lucas bair spike is the most satisfying spike in brawl IMO.

Everytime I do it I unconsciensiously (spell check on that) yell "OOOO."

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'd play squirtle too if he was a standalone character...

i want to go to the uab tournament, is there some info somewhere about it ?

and I feel like snake can just spam explosives to stop planking

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
Might go to that if I have more info.
I'm missing an AP help session in chemistry on the 18th.
Gamebox better be good. EVERYONE BE THERE.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I like that Reflex is basically the 2nd most skilled player in the country and uses pokemon trainer and can function socially.

Which technically makes him the best player in the country, because I don't think that anyone would consider M2K's social graces a plus.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
ninja link beat flex pretty soundly in the one vid i saw from CoT but that was just one set..
a lot of really good players attended herb though, chu, azen, drpeepee, etc and reflex out placed all of them...and since he mentioned winners finals that means the only person to take him out was m2k

geezus reflex teach me to beast

<3

reflex did you fight chudat? I would have liked to see that too.

Top Bottom