• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
dam really? so can we accomodate this or r we pooched? if something cant be done we could try switching venues(apocolspe anyone :] ) or shift to the 27(sunday).

edit aish ninja'd me -.-

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
i think a venue change works better than a date change.....but thats just me. the next sat does not work 4 me

aish

Smash Journeyman
I'll take it can i play ddr with it? 8D
And i won'tt change the date gaiz, you'll only have to worry about what the venue will be if i can't get in contact """"""""""""OTL. since it looks like so many of you like apocalypse....well if i can take it i will for that day... the other option will be NAIT

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
fffffk nate lets go apoc lol they got 2 wii's and 2 crt tv's to start with

aish

Smash Journeyman
Would i have permission to? and do i have to give them a certain amount of money? and would I be able to have it open at 11am so it doesn't end too late?

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
earliest would be 12:30 and they'd just want a site fee. but it'd be 5 dowers

aish

Smash Journeyman
12:30? =/ i guess 1 hour is ok..5 dowers as in i can charge everyone 25 cents and there's the venue fee? 8D I'll be asking nait tomorrow still juuust in case this doesn't get confirmed

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
it is comfirmed haha and its 5 dower site fee =( only down side i guess

and you want this for this sat right? If so they actually have a loc in event going on so sunday might be better. up to you though

aish

Smash Journeyman
But that'd be more than what they took from the tournament last saturday. I'm guessing the total pot was 620 and they took 10% of that so 62 dollars, assuming 20 people come that'd be 100 dollars to them..so it'd be paying double the price for the same place and half the people since 42 went to that tourney

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
But that'd be more than what they took from the tournament last saturday. I'm guessing the total pot was 620 and they took 10% of that so 62 dollars, assuming 20 people come that'd be 100 dollars to them..so it'd be paying double the price for the same place and half the people since 42 went to that tourney
Yup, basically the same thing I was trying to explain to everyone when the tournament was going down. "Giving 15% of the pot is cheaper than paying a site fee". Your the one who said people would rather pay a site fee than lose a percentage of the pot.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
lol, the only people who would be affected by apoc taking out of the pot would be the 4-5 people who are good enough to finish in the money, and who cares about that anyway. they get to play games all day for money, no sympathy!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
ffff. As much as I like the Apoc venue, I love the SK venue. It definitely lives up to it's name.

aish

Smash Journeyman
Just for this one time vic DX this will for surely not happen again as I'll confirm my dates for next 2 months after every monthly for the future.

WE HAVE A CONFIRMED VENUE PLEASE LOOK AT THE OPENING POST THERE WILL BE NO VENUE FEE

IF YOU HAVE A POWER BAR PLEASE BRING IT

And i imaggined it to be better yes to pay seperate for the venue assuming it was the same price either way and only difference is it's just not taken from the pot but if its more by paying seperate well...yeah. and sou kawaii was free for me to host on sunday too but changing the date probably won't be good

T-block

B2B TST
oh good job on the venue ^^ i'll try to bring a power bar if i remember

vic this is really close to you iirc, so you'd better be there. nice font colour btw ;D

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah it is close lol. I'm not going to though, i'm gonna play melee since Brad's coming up.

XD

+1 Victor bailing out.

It's just cause it's melee, cheaper, and a smaller event.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It is lol. But then I need the weekend to do stuff.

I might come depending on the workload. I'm aiming for that 4.0 Maiko. Get requed. >8(

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
okkk. I'm down for that at the very least.

XD Let's come up with a cool team name then =P

wait does that mean i have to pay the $5 for when I'm there? 0:

10cheapasianjohns

T-block

B2B TST
aish said:
WE HAVE A CONFIRMED VENUE PLEASE LOOK AT THE OPENING POST THERE WILL BE NO VENUE FEE
aish said:
aish said:
if you're going to use workload johns, then you better start using your time properly. i'm not exaggerating when i say only 20% of the time you spend "studying" is actually productive time

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
if you're going to use workload johns, then you better start using your time properly. i'm not exaggerating when i say only 20% of the time you spend "studying" is actually productive time
Actually...yeah. XD Sometimes. Sometimes we go pretty all out.

0:

yeah I dunno. I guess I'll pay for it, I dunno. I'll decide later on I guess XD

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
"THE VENUE WILL BE NAIT LOCATED NEAR KINGSWAY MALL, SAME TIMES, SAME EVENTS AND NO VENUE FEE. THIS MONTHLY IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE ANIME CLUB OF NAIT"

good **** =)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
oh****, it's changed to nait? With no venue fee?

oh****ttttt. I'm down for doubles then.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Just for this one time vic DX this will for surely not happen again as I'll confirm my dates for next 2 months after every monthly for the future.
December monthly on the 19th plz. =3

Are there gonna be random NAIT scrubs there? =D.
If it's anything like SFU, they'll be everywhere. I'm surrounded by casual smashers. There's a Gamecube with Melee on my floor, and people will go in there all the time to play free-for-alls. None of them have ever played competitively (or probably even thought about it), and I have to sandbag really hard with random characters to 2-stock them. And I'm not even good at Melee. It's still fun, but it's really wierd. o.0

1st Multiquote. =D

:005:

Top Bottom