• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

aish

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be posting up a poster for it soo might be some nait people might not, only for sure is the leader of the club, other members of the club arn't sure if they'll be coming. Nait doens't even have a gaming club but they have a dnd club and magic itg or something club

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
If we can scrounge in some Nait people to join the scene, it wouldn't be a bad idea to just keep the venue there, just because more people are at Nait than say Sou Kawaii. Plus no venue fee= automatically better

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
so only like 1 room in nait would be open right? cause I have this school assignment requiring me to visit nait, U of A and macewan to "investigate" their faculties on my own time. Its the most pointless **** i've ever seen, and its not even the worst part.

aish

Smash Journeyman
Since it's the weekend not many rooms would be open, a well known place is the big computer lab in the HP centre though Solaris and there's this one room full of Cintiq's 8D that's all i know since all my classes are in the Hp centre OTL. Basically we just have a medium sized classroom in the main building, sadly not in the nice looking HP centre because they don't like the idea of people that arn't students hanging out in that building.
The only way i can host in nait is if it's considered a 'club event/activity' and that the head of the club agrees to it. He look like a pretty layed back guy but I don't know how he'd feel about this happening every month, a event form has to be submitted each time there's an event/activity.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
o god yes please start picking dates 2 months ahead so i can some always. If you pick the november date asap i can get it off. i think this is better for everyone and its sheeeeeeeeeeeer laziness not to give us more notice. i think you'd have more people come to each monthly if we could all have time to book it off. i no i\m not the only one who uses the "i have to work excuse" :( also vic your last minute bails are getting legendary........

aish

Smash Journeyman
Oops *won't effect darren ever showing up* i mean

Darren chooses to work over teaming/having fun with his bff ;__;

Expcted dates for the next 2 months have been posted

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
don't even bother doing monthlies at sou-gay. just use this nate place. no site fee + it seems more reliable.e and outside food is allowed.

ps diddy winning this ****

aish

Smash Journeyman
No it doens't seem more realiable because it's not my call at all if it can happen or not. If the leader of the club won't be there i can't run it or if he thinks just pretty much anything of no, it CAN'T happen since it needs to be approved by him and then sent in by him. I have no power to host in NAIT, i can for this saturday because the leader said he'd be completely fine for it.

IF we were to continue there'd be fundraisers for our club so that'd mean venue fee again anyway and in the end it's my choice where I want to host my monthlies, i don't go around telling you where to host

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
No it doens't seem more realiable because it's not my call at all if it can happen or not. If the leader of the club won't be there i can't run it or if he thinks just pretty much anything of no, it CAN'T happen since it needs to be approved by him and then sent in by him. I have no power to host in NAIT, i can for this saturday because the leader said he'd be completely fine for it.

IF we were to continue there'd be fundraisers for our club so that'd mean venue fee again anyway and in the end it's my choice where I want to host my monthlies, i don't go around telling you where to host
Well the answer is simple enough. Make a Gamer club at Nait and you can get a room for your monthlies. With no site fee ever needed. I know that grant mac is allows its clubs to even rent TV's from them for 10 bucks a TV. You can also rent out the games rooms they have for about 300 bucks. Just food for thought to those wanting to do a tournament and don't want to worry about paying out of your *** for a venue.
I won't know where to go in(or around?) nait
Co-sign

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
fundraisers?

wat
If it was called "Edmonton Gamers fundrasier" I'd be all for it. But thats asking a bit much.

You guys could really benefit from a venue that doesn't charge a site fee. But for the love of god help out with getting flyers out there. I'm sure people at the U of A would want to come to your guys ranbat, if they knew the existed

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Though I don't appreciate shiro saying that's it's Sou-Gay, he is true about how much more efficient it is to have it at Nait. Though, if you do decide to change it, i'll definitely miss Sou Kawaii.
Darren is a huge plug.
lol the truth.

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
not like u ever show up for the monthlies vic so how would u know what sou kawaii looks like -.-

kinda hard to "miss" something u bail on EVERYtime.........

also i just got dumped on for the november date. i have to help my work host a teen gaming thing which will also have smash bros. were giving out 2 $25 gift certs to best buy. sooo since jim is the only one interested in my thing i guess hell be winning the librarys mini tourney....how embarresing.....for everyone in alberta..........honestly. jim winning a tourney *facepalm*

aish

Smash Journeyman
I won't be making my own club since i already joined the anime club, i can tell you don't care about just using people for your own benefits. and if i were to make my own club and host at nait the venue money would go toward my club to raise money for activites so venue fee would still be there anyway. Room number and address was posted in the first post. The signs are straight forward. the info was posted since yesterday so you should look through first post for updates more!

Limeee

Smash Champion
its gonna be so hard to find the room QQ

i like the sound of more tourneys at apoc

cept for the overpriced drinks =(

EDIT:hey aish guess what, my homeroom is 8D !!!!!
EDIT2: i'm talking about school btw lol

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
soo would there be any interest in moving the november date say a week earlier or later. that way interested parties can attend teen gaming session at the library aaaaaaaaaaand sou kawaii 7. if we dont jim might win a brawl tourney. and there are 2 $25 best buy gift certs up for grabs......however legit rules are not in effect. unfortunately......i suppose in the future it would be better to not piss off aish before requesting a date change.........

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
soo would there be any interest in moving the november date say a week earlier or later. that way interested parties can attend teen gaming session at the library aaaaaaaaaaand sou kawaii 7. if we dont jim might win a brawl tourney. and there are 2 $25 best buy gift certs up for grabs......however legit rules are not in effect. unfortunately......i suppose in the future it would be better to not piss off aish before requesting a date change.........
I would go if there were legit rules

T-block

B2B TST
Man, once Darren can drive, fort sask sumtiem
darren take me too <3

how unlegit are we talking...i'd still consider going ;D

Top Bottom