• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton brawl monthlies - over

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Someone told me that Tyler was black. can't remember who. LOL

Also, screw it. Getting a name change. xD;

/waits for everyone to debate on wtf it's gonna be now

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Adam (DWC) and Luke were talking about appearances being different in person, so I remembered that. :p Wasn't outta left-field, I swear. And I've seen/hung with Tyler at ADAT2 anyway. I know. LMAO

Or was Vic going, "Wow" over a name change. :\

DTP

L o s t - in reality~

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Hey Darren, you don't happen to have the lethbridge smasher's numbers do you?
Nope, I don't. I'm not THAT much of a man ***** D:<
jk

I'd like to see those guys again though. They're hella fun and great competition.
It's probably best to try and contact AJ here. Might take awhile before he responds though, just a guess. None of them really come here much I think.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Nope, I don't. I'm not THAT much of a man ***** D:<
jk

I'd like to see those guys again though. They're hella fun and great competition.
It's probably best to try and contact AJ here. Might take awhile before he responds though, just a guess. None of them really come here much I think.
Get them to come in December. =D

:005:

aish

Smash Journeyman
I'm taking a list again for stickers to be ready next time so far i have :

Pikachu
ROB
G&W
Snake
Marth
Charizard
Ivysuar
Squirtle
Ness
Lucas
Metaknight
Kirby

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Definately picking up pikachu stickers and possibly marth too.

I really need to practice my marth more, he's just too predictable. Does anyone who knows marth well have any advice for getting better with marth? *cough* JACK *uncough*

Limeee

Smash Champion
Definately picking up pikachu stickers and possibly marth too.

I really need to practice my marth more, he's just too predictable. Does anyone who knows marth well have any advice for getting better with marth? *cough* JACK *uncough*
side b more

in all honesty, i think you just need to space more, use shield break to limit options and use all the different kinds of dancing blade

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Don't just use dancing blade, they'll just shield grab you on the third hit if you constantly do it, mix it up. Don't just Fair or Dancing blade strictly, sometimes go for a Fast Fall Fair, a Short hop double Fair, a delayed short hop fair(No fast fall, sometimes they drop their shield early), or just fast fall to the ground and dancing blade/grab.

Use downtilts to space and sometimes use walking jabs(His longest ranged move, good over 50% in my opinion, any lower and it's knockback is hella low so they just get hit and punish), juggle LOTS with up air and bait the dodge/attack, need juggle mindgames lol and the odd Shield breaker if you can anticipate their shield/shieldgrab is always beneficial if their shield is a little low, pretty much a free stock).

and if you like forward tilt and up tilt then sure why not, uptilt is good for juggling too because it lasts for so long(catch them on the dodge to the ground). Forward tilt is just something random lol

sometimes throw out the odd counter if you can anticipate their approach, try not to use it too much lol oh and Up B's out of shield can be good if you can do it consistently. Usually a good punisher.

spacing & mindgames mindgames mindgames

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
wow thanks a bunch jack thats really helpful, i practiced my marth a bit more today against my little brother and my spacing and mixing up is getting a bit better but after reading this i never even thought of delayed fairs.

Wat about SH nairs and FF nairs? As i understand from various threads i've read they can be pretty good too.

But seriously thank you so much for the tips. :)

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I wouldn't recommend Fast fall Nairs, they're kinda laggy and they don't hit well, Just do short hop Nairs and they'll autocancel, if you tipper with the second hit, it's a kill move, his 2nd strongest kill move to be exact.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The tides have turned, but both would thrive much more if there wasn't so much division between the two games.

The Brawl players stepped it up to bring the community to its feet, and Brad himself has made a great effort in helping organize with Vivi (mad props, man). All the Melee community needs to do is pick things up again. Maybe it's not that simple, but it's better then giving up.

Melee's far from dead. Just took a nap, in some ways. Like with Brawl, you guys just gotta wake it up again.

Top Bottom