• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AggroKnight or MetaGay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Which one wins tournaments?
AggroKnight
M2k is pretty much the epitome of aggroknight,
Using MK's busted *** moveset, options and etc to harass the opponent, forcing them into bad situations and capitalizing?

or

MetaGay?
I'm talking get that 40%-1stock lead, then say adios to your opponent. Plank and camp and run and never approach until YOU get tired. Run the clock and win by time out.

1000 posts for the second time, get at me son

Saltix

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure he's a beautiful mix of both.
In some cases I would agree; M2K seems more Aggro than Campy imo. But that's taking it into player specific, and not necessarily what works better for the character in question

Typically, does one of these work better than the other?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
M2K likes to play Aggro, and he can do it well. Campy MK is probably better.

Geddan

Smash Ace
he's able to play super aggro without leaving many openings.

mk is very versatile though... he's the only character who can go from super aggro to super gay in an instant as good as he does. :\ <3 aggrogay

Saltix

Smash Lord
It's pointless threads like these that make me wish I modded the MK board.
Pointless posts like these make me wish I modded the MK board.

M2K likes to play Aggro, and he can do it well. Campy MK is probably better.
But see, why is that? Why is it that the best character in the game with multiple GOOD options for any given situation, tools to pressure the opponent into making mistakes and the tools to capitalize on said mistakes is better off playing campy?
Is it simply because camping leads to easier victories?

Can't help but be inquisitive; sometimes our brains need some food for though haha

Geddan

Smash Ace
idk, it's nice to see players be aggro since it's actually pretty exciting to watch. however, because mk is able to play gay SOOO effectively, it's far more efficient and safer for mk to just be super campy and gay rather than to risk having lots of openings while playing aggro.

it's just generally a more guaranteed strat? mk has the option of going aggro at any time if he needs to rack damage to get the lead.

Master Raven

Smash Master
MK can capitalize on both of those styles very well when mixing them up.

But let's be honest, when's the last time you heard an MK winning a tourney completely off of his camping ability? I'm not saying it isn't super good, it really is, but how many top MK players are actually willing to abuse that style at its fullest extent?

Geddan

Smash Ace
MK can capitalize on both of those styles very well when mixing them up.

But let's be honest, when's the last time you heard an MK winning a tourney completely off of his camping ability? I'm not saying it isn't super good, it really is, but how many top MK players are actually willing to abuse that style at its fullest extent?
i seriously dread the day that they do.

:urg:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Going aggro has the risk of getting punished. Going campy has the risk of getting followed, and someone following you runs the risk of getting punished by you.

Sounds to me like playing campy is much better.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
i play both, campy when its needed and agro when its needed.

depends really on the player/character your playing.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Play a mixure of both. It doesn't hurt to learn both styles, because unless you're Ally, you're gonna new MetaGay for ICs and stuff.

AggroKnight with MetaGay spacing is probably the best thing evar.

Masterchef1123

Smash Apprentice
M2K is probably the best aggroknight but he does play some metagay in some matchups

But I think Metagay wins more tournament because no one knows how to fight a metagay.
But everyone is used to a aggroknight

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
you have to play a mixture of both on certain matchups like wario/diddy/snake and prob falco.
and its player specfic, does your oppoent like to rush you, or does he work best when you give him space,.
I really havnt seen much mks play metagay to the fullest.cause its really boring, and you lose respect :D.

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
You are almost always at an advantage when you force someone to approach. Smart camping will frustrate and force players into mistakes on any level of play.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
u guys watch m2k time out gnes?

dont be rediculous and think only one way is the win / better

u need to adapt or u will all fall

Skibe

Smash Rookie
in my opinon i use both for great purposes. Aggro to keep your opponent down a stock or 2 or if your oponent is aggresive stay defensive and be some what towards metagay but not all the way to plank hit and runaway!!!! because come on everyone knows that if you hit and run its fun! its like driving and hitting person with your car. its just like.... i win! :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This doesn't need its own topic and isn't producing good discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom