• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Aftermath's Guide to Samus

silversephiroth

Smash Rookie
you explain well how to perform these tricks, but is thier an easier way to practice them? i used to use fox, so im completely new to samus and i find ur guide quite helpful, but as fox i never wavedashed so im terrible at it. did u just keep wavedashing over and over again? or was their a better way to practice it?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
More or less, I just practiced wavedashing a lot. I'd do it after I KO'd the opponent and was waiting for him to come back, and sometimes just in training mode going back and forth across FD. There isn't a good way to get it down perfectly, you just have to do it enough to where it's muscle memory. However, you should practice doing it in place (straight down) just to get the timing down, not only for airdodging as soon as you can, but also for doing them as rapidly as is possible. After that, work on getting your thumb to naturally hit the direction for the longest WD, and then work on knowing how to go any length you want to help with approaches and tricks. It's not really something you can do overnight perfectly, it'll take some time.

I didn't write a Link thing because I still don't really know much about how to fight Link.

dietsnapple89

Smash Apprentice
the one thing i can say about fighting jigglypuff is that her pound move is such a ***** because it breaks through rockets and it's got like invisible range because Im sure I can hit puff but she cant hit me, and she does. And puff is really good at coming out and killing samus while doing the bomb recovery. Meteor smash in the air does not work because Puff has her 6 ballon jumps, so its hard killing her with the meteor. Aerial battle is really hard against jiggly puff. The way i figured out how to beat a good puff is by bombs. Mind games with bombs and the sexkick/bair work really well together.

Zamoz

Smash Cadet
So....maybe it's just me but why is there a single frame of 2 Ness's standing on the homerun test platform in the middle of the SWD demo portion of his "Mission Briefing" video?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
So....maybe it's just me but why is there a single frame of 2 Ness's standing on the homerun test platform in the middle of the SWD demo portion of his "Mission Briefing" video?
That's part of the footage from SDM's Perfect Control, and window's movie maker didn't cut it correctly, so that and a couple other 1 frame quarks made it in.

Legendary_Kyle

Smash Apprentice
I want to thamk you for this Aftermath and all the help you did give me by making this, my friend isnt too happy but hes an idiot, and i know that you used to go to the Eastern Washington bi weeklies i think and i would like to play you but if your not in town then oh well they never told me where you went

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
lol it took me three months but i masterd most of theses techniques i'm still woring on SWD and platforming missles but i almost have that down now thanks for explaining these to us you made my samus 100 and 30% better my friend thanks dude:)

novaD

Smash Rookie
im still having problems with peach i try to spam my missles against her and look for an opening to combo her. can anybody help me out?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
aginst c.falcon space and don't get kneed your also open to grab knee and that sucks patients and spacing my friend missle the legde and edge hog kills falcon....BAD!!!!

AIDS

Smash Lord
aginst c.falcon space and don't get kneed your also open to grab knee and that sucks patients and spacing my friend missle the legde and edge hog kills falcon....BAD!!!!
up tilt and Fsmash work well for me lol, but good advice, also falcon at high level is a hard match up, does anyone play a high level falcon and have stratagies to avoid his deadly combo's? sheild -> jump ->nair is not THAT fun lol

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i play aginst columbian falcon and gabe and razyirium there all too good lol and against them i just spaced and camp the ledge thats my advice i do loose alot to them though

3Years

Smash Lord
with falcon its all about spacing...missles will be your best friend in this match up cuz it forces em 2 shield or jump or if in the air fast fall or they'll use your 2nd jump so use the missles 2 your advantage...and if u can guess his 2nd jump while hes off the edge then u gotta hit him off again be4 he recovers...here is wut i do in a falcon match up
1)Missles
2)Space correctly
3)Tech Chase
4)dont use laggy moves suck as dtilt/fsmash/grab
5)use ftilts/utilts/jab cancel
if the falcon shields or doesnt get hit by laggy moves such as in #4 then u pretty much set yourself up 4 a knee so i would avoid using those moves

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
against roy r he freely flows thru the stage and complety freaks me out i mean he consestentky kicks my missles you guys would be amazing the power of patient falcon...

AIDS

Smash Lord
also i find if he sheilds a lot, often what works is smash missle cancle, run after it and grab, if you are fast enough you will pull him into your missle he will get hit, but still be in ur grab, then u can do a throw combo, like down throw tech chase charged shot, down smash, orFsmash etc. or up throw Nair, w/e u can do, but this is what i do in tunrament ina any fast faller that sheilds a lot

ajw tko

Smash Rookie
anything about a Roy? Or should I just go at it like the marth. I seem to encounter more Roy's than Marth's, even though in high level play it's the other way around.

AIDS

Smash Lord
anything about a Roy? Or should I just go at it like the marth. I seem to encounter more Roy's than Marth's, even though in high level play it's the other way around.
This is probably due to running into a lot of noobs. If you use the basic Samus knowledge posted on my sticked thread on the last page, then you will run into some information leading how to play samus effectivly.

And as a side note, do not double post please, if you have something to add and you have the most recent post on the thread, look at that post and click edit, and add it.

Thank you and Welcome to the Smash World Forums.

P.S. This is my thread which should heelp you a lot, learn from it and feel free to ask questions. <--click it!

that post was from 3 months before you posted that... hm...

but really, the only reason i'm making this post is so there's posts from '07, '08, and '09 all on one page. :p

Corigames

Smash Hero
If all goes according to plan... this sticky... THIS STICKY WILL FALL!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAaaa... ha...

Soon will come my time. Soon.

kenle1

Smash Rookie
Can you explain to me how u up B out of the shield?
Sometimes I jump when I hold my shield and press B-up

EBF

Smash Cadet
UpBing Falcos is becoming harder and harder now a day.
People are learning how to not suck so badly.

Top Bottom