• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AFL Grand Final 2009

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
St Kilda haven't won one in something like 43 years, whereas Geelong has had three in a row. Kilda sounds like the underdogs to me

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah geelong are betting favourites... which is odd.

ITS THE EXACT SAME AS ADELAIDE VS COLLINGWOOD

Most aspects of the game leads to St Kilda being the favourites. better team throughout the year, beat geelong last time they played, much larger incentive to win. All geelong have going for them (regards to the betting numbers) is their form last week. And we know how that turned out in adl vs coll :/

GO SAINTS :p

tibs7

Smash Champion
the saints will win, if we dont. i dont think we will ever win
this has been our best year in the clubs history and yeah if we dont win it will ruin every supporters dreams of ever seeing it happen again

we must win........... CARN THE SAINTS

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Riewoldt or bust. LOL STK. But I do want them to win I'm kinda sick of Geelong

Sieg

Smash Champion
Victorian teams > Essendon > Collingwood > Interstate teams.

I want the Saints to win. Every Geelong supporter I know is a ****er.

And I tipped the Saints to win in Round 2 lol.

EDIT: I believe the VFL GF is on today too? Stingrays and the Cannons but no Scully to watch cause he's out hurt.

It's cool though, we'll see him next year at Melbourne lololololol.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Victorian teams > Essendon > Collingwood > Interstate teams.
Only because you lot have less to travel and don't often leave the east. Seriously, how many matches has Collingwood had away from Melbourne?

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Richmond > Everyone (in the 80s....)

I'm going for ST Kilda, basically because my godfather has gone for them for like 40 years. But this year its nice to have a final between two teams I don't mind. Pity Richmond was trash tier.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Man, that was one hell of a last 15 minutes. So close and yet so far.

Browny

Smash Hater
meh, oh well

If anything good can come out of this, maybe its about bloody time teams learned to stop handballing in defense.

Nothing pisses me off more than watching a team handball over 10 times in defence, only to cough it up and have the other team regain 5x as much distance with one kick. Crows were guilty of it 2 weeks ago, and now St Kilda.

God I hope to god this ******** playstyle gets eradicated next year. let this finals series be a warning to other teams. STOP MASS HANDBALLING IN DEFENSE OR GET RIGHTFULLY OWNED

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
riewoldt was **** all day, forgot how to mark a ball, schnieder and milne were terrible and wasted shots. Few crap decisions by the umpires but they weren't what cost us.. we lost it ourselves.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Ross Lyon needs to talk to their small forwards about where there head's are at. Milne and Schneider could've won that if they'd kicked absolute sitters.

Geelong played brilliant in the last and deserved to win it on the day. Straight kicking wins matches.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Too many wasted opportunities, Milne played terribly nearly as bad as Clarke (not even sure how he got in).

I actually though Riewoldt played well in the 3rd quarter. The wet conditions don't help the tall forwards :(.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That was one hell of a deny by the saints in the last few minutes. What a dive, though looked like it hurt

Ant1

Smash Ace
Anyone else see the geelong player hit the post and the ump call it as a goal? Which resulted in a centre bounce and another goal within like 20 seconds for geelong.

AFL needs to have a 3rd umpire like cricket. So goals like that aren't ever 'controversial'.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
tibs post,

yeah todays match really pissed me off
what zac said. milne and schneider(worst on ground imo) did so crap. missing easy shots. riewoldt and kozi did there bit. it was wet so it was hard to mark it, this point also makes me more angry at the small forwards coz this it what they thrive in =(. what a stupid match, to lose 2 games all season and then lose it in the last 2 mins.
i am </3 to say that least. 2010 will be our next opportunity
ps. i freakin' hate geelong so much. they're such bogans seriously no class. did you see there supporters? i was like choking on my own vomit when looking at them.....

Nixernator

Smash Ace
tibs post,

yeah todays match really pissed me off
what zac said. milne and schneider(worst on ground imo) did so crap. missing easy shots. riewoldt and kozi did there bit. it was wet so it was hard to mark it, this point also makes me more angry at the small forwards coz this it what they thrive in =(. what a stupid match, to lose 2 games all season and then lose it in the last 2 mins.
i am </3 to say that least. 2010 will be our next opportunity
ps. i freakin' hate geelong so much. they're such bogans seriously no class. did you see there supporters? i was like choking on my own vomit when looking at them.....
Goood, release your anger, release it all. Mwuhahahahahha

Sieg

Smash Champion
CHAPMANNNNNNNNNNNN.

Sorry Zac.

I even picked them to win in Round 2.

It just wasn't meant to be. Horrible match really, the rain didn't help, but it wasn't a real top quality match.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I think the whole is Melbourne is pretty sadface at the result, I got some sleep last night...

no pardy hardy

and I live on Hoddle

Top Bottom