• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Affinity Needs More Critiques! - 12/27/08 vids

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright, so I recorded some matches with Steeler's Charizard w/ the "No Fatigue" and "No Switch on Death" hacks on. They're good matches IMO; let me know what you think!

All critiques/comments are more than welcome :)

12/27/08 - Affinity (Meta Knight) vs Steeler (Charizard) 1

12/27/08 - Affinity (Meta Knight) vs Steeler (Charizard) 2

12/27/08 - Affinity (Meta Knight) vs Steeler (Charizard) 3

12/27/08 - Affinity (Meta Knight) vs Steeler (Charizard) 4

12/27/08 - Affinity (Meta Knight) vs Steeler (Charizard) 5

12/27/08 - Affinity (Meta Knight) vs Steeler (Charizard) 6

12/27/08 - Affinity (Meta Knight) vs Steeler (Charizard) 7

12/27/08 - Affinity (Meta Knight) vs Steeler (Charizard) 8

12/27/08 - Affinity (Meta Knight) vs Steeler (Charizard) 9

12/27/08 - Affinity (Meta Knight) vs Steeler (Charizard) 10

12/27/08 - Affinity (Meta Knight) vs Steeler (Charizard) 11

12/27/08 - Affinity (Meta Knight) vs Steeler (Charizard) 12

Note 1: I know I made some stupid mistakes in these matches; sorry for my lack of No Fatigue Charizard experience :p The D-airs caught me so off-guard lol

Note 2: Charizard with these hacks on is a much more difficult match-up than you'd think. Flame-thrower, Rock Smash, and his godly grab range make it hard to space well. He can also KO MK at pretty low %s. Try to keep this in mind while watching the vids.

Thanks

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I didnt watch all of the vids but I did see a few of them and all i can think of right now is to maybe throw in like one pummel into each of your grabs before throwing.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Jesus breakdancing christ, Affinity, did you have to record so **** many? I don't have time to watch all that lol.

nevershootme

Smash Master
interesting matches, but I can't find the location to get the cheats for PT. that should definitely be tournament legal though.

never again should u even think about gliding into a rock smash or d-air. you kinda abused tornado a little too much

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Note 3: No johns.

Nice collection of vids, I'll see if I can come up with any critiques after I've watched them all (assuming that happens).

Staco

Smash Champion
I just watched the 1st one, I will watch the rest later.
To the first match: Use FAir much more, you nealry never use it, why? Its one of MKs best approach and damage make moves. And dont use Nair instead of Fair. Use Nair only, if you can double hit your opponent or use it to kill (not to make damage).

And walk more (not running, walking). Walking on the ground is like spacing in the air. You can use it in combination with your ftilt, so that your enemy is far away from you, when you FTilt him.

Your normal gameplay seems to be really good, but your approach could be better.

Look at M2K approaching and using the walk in this match. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPwCrsDjcU

The combo stuff/follow ups, which you do are good. :)

watched the 2nd:
good, you are using fair much more in this ^^
Dont dsmash after every spot dodge/drill rush/whatever. When your opponent has got low % and cant move because of his attack lag better use FTilt.
Only use dsmash, if your % are very very high (if you get killed the move automatical refreshs), because it should be fresh to kill your enemies.
Its more a kill than a damage making move.

If you try to hit your opponent offstage, he mostly expects Dairs. Mix it a bit with Fairs/Bairs and Uairs.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
How fast does Fatigue set in? In other words, how representative are these videos of the capabilities of PT's Charizard?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
You're applying what we talked about at Oh Snap at lot better than you were before. I can't really say much just from watching a handful of videos rather than playing you, but you're being less predictable and using your options better than before. Try working grabs and grab options into your game more and you'll see significant improvement.

davizinho

Smash Apprentice
Haha vid 5: whipping out your secondary? You seem to be a big fan of Nair, which is fine; just be sure to mix it up a little. Also, when DI'ing the flamethrower, just get out of there ASAP instead of going for a nair/dair (I'm pretty sure I only saw it in one vid).

I liked the glide cancel behind Charizard to dsmash. Maybe try a pivot grab there?
Good grab game.

Very solid MK.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Haha vid 5: whipping out your secondary? You seem to be a big fan of Nair, which is fine; just be sure to mix it up a little. Also, when DI'ing the flamethrower, just get out of there ASAP instead of going for a nair/dair (I'm pretty sure I only saw it in one vid).

I liked the glide cancel behind Charizard to dsmash. Maybe try a pivot grab there?
Good grab game.

Very solid MK.
<3 N-air :)

Thanks for the critiques.

Anyone got any more? The more the better.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
interesting matches, but I can't find the location to get the cheats for PT. that should definitely be tournament legal though.
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

<3

also the reason affinity "abused" tornado so much was because it was harder to gimp him out of it than out of shuttle loop. <3 zard's gimp gamez.

edit about the questions of normal charizards in tourney play:

don't worry. charizard can't be as aggressive off stage as i was in some of those videos. a mistake will mean charizard can't come out to play for a while...squirtle does "okay" in this matchup and ivysaur is stupid. charizard is way too valuable in the matchup, so expect the charizard to play it safe.

**** pt's faulty mechanics

TKD

Smash Lord
No fatigue Charizard? That's way too dumb. He would be so good. I didn't wanna watch. His grab is too good (best in the game) and I wish a character with no dumb fatigue system had it.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
No fatigue Charizard? That's way too dumb. He would be so good. I didn't wanna watch. His grab is too good (best in the game) and I wish a character with no dumb fatigue system had it.
wtf? lol

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Both PT and Metaknight were good! The matches just got a bit boring from you guys only playing on battlefield and Yoshi's Island. It would of been more interesting if you played on different stages.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Both PT and Metaknight were good!

The matches just got a bit boring from you guys only playing on battlefield and Yoshi's Island. It would of been more interesting if you played on different stages.
lol Wow, I hadn't noticed that until now. I have FD, BF, SV, YI, and PS1 on random; that's strange that I would get YI and BF so many times.

Top Bottom