• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial Control Tier List

EdSam

Smash Cadet
Is there a Melee aerial control tier list? Something I'd be very interested to see. Thanks!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i dont think there is but if i had to guess i'd put marth and jiggs way the f*** up there and everyone else below them

Stratford

Smash Champion
Air speed does not necessarily mean air superiority. How good a character is in the air is a funciton of both mobility and how sweet a character's aerials are.

Oracle

Smash Master
That list is how fast people can move in the air, and no it's not ********.
Yeah, it actually is. Pikachu and pichu move nearly as fast a captain falcon in the air, and mewtwo is pretty floaty and slow

Roy falls third fastest in the game, and therefore is not the same place as marth

EdSam

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that list is what I was looking for, thanks! It's probably accurate, how was that data tested though?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
it's horizontal air movement, vertical air movement has nothing to do with it. it's just coincidence that some fastfallers have ****ty horizontal movement

pichu is like 12th, how is that near the bottom lol

if it's so bad then you make one; it's not really hard to do that either.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
In terms of overall mobility in the air, Jiggs, Mewtwo and Yoshi are indeed at the top. Peach can float sure, but overall she not really that good in an air punch out. Luigi... maybe below M2.

@ soap: Yes, you heard correctly. it's true.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
What? I thought this would actually be a list... stupid smash children...

Well, I think Falco would have to be near the top or CF, since they have amazing air attacks and control in the air.
Or Mewtwo, Yoshi, or JP, maybe even Kirby. It's hard to say, really.

Desh

Smash Ace
Jiggs
Peach
Luigi
____

Everyone else
when did peach have good control in the air? i mean, she doesnt have bad, but most of her game comes from her stupid ground control/priority.

Roy falls third fastest in the game, and therefore is not the same place as marth
roy falls 4th fastest.

FFers (falco, fox, falcon), then its roy.

Top Bottom