• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Vlade said:
Sorry I haven't been able to post since the day started, I've just moved to Japan and have been busy getting stuff organised.

While I agree that Nabe is scummy I think we'd be better off lynching someone on the OS bandwagon. The following people were on the wagon yesterDay: Radical Fiction, Vlade, J, Raziek, Sworddancer, Gorf, Bardull.

Obviously Gorf is out of the picture. Sworddancer is cleared provided someone can verify that they received an invention from him. So that leaves RF, myself, J, Raziek and Bardull.

Since Raziek is back I would rather hear more from him before inquiring further about him.

RF started the wagon and towards the end they gave me the impression that they wanted to lynch OS for the sake of being superior over a strong player rather than a legitimate scumread. They were on the same wavelength as Gorf for a lot of yesterDay, that might mean something but it'd be too much of a stretch to hypothesise upon it.

I originally thought J was town but his attention towards Nabe seems illogical for a townie imo. He presented his "nutshell case" on Nabe but there really isn't enough substance for a case on Nabe. He is diverting our attention away from the OS wagon when it is the OS wagon we need to be focusing on imo.

Not sure what to think of Bardull's "gambit". Either it's a cover-up for his hammer on OS or he really didn't know that unvotes aren't required. The rules have since been edited in the OP but I think I remember that when I read them for the first time that it wasn't clear whether unvotes are necessary, in fact I remember not being sure myself until I switched votes.

Vote: J

People are probably labeling me as insane now.
This post isn't telling. It's actually really reasonable to see noobtown wanting to focus on the wagon of a lynched townie D1. Even if Vlade himself would say I'm wrong, I seriously doubt he was looking to stay committed to JUST the OS wagon :glare:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
UNACCEPTABLE

Circus, would you ever do Adventure Time Mafia 2: Electric Ooogaloo?
Possibly. If I were ever to do a sequel to a mafia game, I would want to make sure that I could make it very, very different to the first game (like, almost all different characters, roles, etc.). I'm not sure Adventure Time lends itself to that, but I'll probably consider it.

Right now, I'm thinking about finally plotting a sequel to Wonderland Mafia. Which would hopefully go much more smoothly than that game did, while also being crazier. Not sure I could pull that off and keep it balanced though.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm still salty about that for sure glyph, I remember saying you and J was SvS and I was right but J AtE got the better of me

Man that was a great setup and game too, kata needs to bring that back

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
You could always do gender swapped Circus

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Meh, get good guys.

Asdioh did well. Good job being the one guy actively pushing for scum.

J you did well, but you probably should of been watching me. You were rb Night 2 regardless but I'm just saying that that was probably a much more guaranteed route then tracking/following people.

RF don't give newbie cards out just because you see them "making" a read. Look into their post and see how careful they were playing.

RR did alright. I actually thought he made a pretty townie enterence into the game from what I recall.

Gorf I don't remember how you did but you were very townie so good job about that.

ummmmm

Kantrip get good. Really just sit down and analysis the game. Look at the bigger picture. You change your mind way too much and I don't know why. Possibly hydra with me sometime in the future (not anytime soon though, I'm busy) si I can teach you how to get good.

Bardull I don't remember your play. I remember defending you about rather or not you were being "mean," but it actually did get out of hand down the road from what I was told.

Raz you were v/la as long as I was alive so nothing to say to you.

Vlade was supa newbie townie, don't know why people thought he was scummy.

Nabe was inactive and a butt about it.

OS already said everything to you.

Sang don't out me next time. >.<

Kosha get good. Be less obvious and careful next time.

Circus yaks are still lame. Otherwise good set up. Simple but unique. I like that.

That's everyone, I think.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You could always do gender swapped Circus
It has definitely crossed my mind. Mostly because I love the **** out of Cake.

But really, that kind of limits my options for characters even more, if I were to commit to keeping all characters in the gender-swapped universe. And, functionally, there wouldn't really be any difference between the kinds of roles Finn lends himself to and the kinds of roles Fionna lends herself to. They're different, but really they're the same, nameen?

#HBC | ѕoup

Different roles imo

Prince neil patrick harris doesn't need to be an inventor

Fiona doesn't really need to be PR

Mix it up a bit with the roles but include some other characters

And even if you don't go that route I think you need some serious Jiggler action in here

Maybe The cute mushroom things that try to kill everything too

Kantrip

Kantplay
I know at times Bardull's play definitely made me upset. Some of the comments that spurred arguments were just too much for me. The hardest thing was that they were coming from someone that I didn't have any respect for as a player at all coming into the game (since I didn't know Bardull), and from what I saw I really don't think he was in a position to belittle me so much. I just want to put it behind me though.

Circus, I overall did still enjoy this game. I like the set-up and you were a cool mod :) So thank you.

Now one thing I'm not putting behind me is how I play. Thank you for the criticism Swords, I appreciate that it's constructive rather than destructive (to my morale). I also read comments in the dead QT. I really do appreciate advice and want to try to utilize it. Next game I join I'm going to try to post less and try to focus on things when I think about them to come to a solid conclusion that I won't change my mind about and won't be influenced by others.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Yeah I was joking about genderswap, but that's not to say you couldn't just make a setup with the various great minor characters. I'm gunna PM you some possible flavors.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus yaks are still lame. Otherwise good set up. Simple but unique. I like that.
I did expect to see this opinion. I understand the dislike, but decided to go with it because I personally find the role interesting, and it fit the flavor quite well. Plus, if no one ever included roles that some people don't like, then every game would be Cop, Doc, VTs Vs. RB, Goons.

'Preciate the feedback.

#HBC | ѕoup

CIRCUS YOU FORGOT ABOUT THE BUISNESS MEN TOO UGH

Man Adventure Time has so many good characters

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Finally time to do this and it's been such a long time since I was able to do this for a game I played from start-to-finish instead of replacing in and wow I can't believe I lived so long.

Shooooooooooooooooout-outs:

J - Meeeeeh 1/2 way there duder. Grrr stop getting busy/apathetic!

RF - I'm starting with you guys first since you are on my mind. I'm not going to say much because everything is pretty much self-explanatory, you had a really off game as town this time around. Ryker, you flailed once Swiss left ya and it just went down-hill from there. *shruggers*

Gorf - Oooooooooobv town duder and sad you died N1. Probably would have talked some sense into a few of our lynches or gave a good approach to them.

Razzy - Heyo duder. Man that F&L gut thing was correct but I just got tunnel-headed on the KB n00btown thing and just meh. We didn't really play much when I was alive but *shruggers* what do?

Asdioh - Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I liked you till I began thinking the argument between you and RF was TvS. Sorry you had to replace out but good stuffs in the dead QT.

TB - I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry we lynched you duder. Like it was purely set-up speculation but that is a poor excuse for lynching one of my town-reads like that. ;_;

Swords - I love being in a game where we just are in-sync together. Don't leave me next time! Thanks for the sweater =D Okay here is what I wanted to do, I wanted to self-watch myself to see who tried to kill me but Circus said no go and I understand but could you imagine how awesome that would have been? When you gave me that, so much concocting going on with that.

Sang - Lol, talk to you in person. xD

OS - haha your lynch was funny. :3 Never in a few games would I have thought you would be the D1 lynch from player list look.

Nabe - Yay for instinct to investigate. Sorry you didn't kill me N1 like you were discussing in the Scum QT. I HATE when that happens. xD GG, You are always a pleasure to play with.

Vlade - Your slot makes me sad, not you, just your slot. Please play some more Vlade cuz I really enjoyed playing with you this game even though the game ended in your lynch (which was partly my fault and I'll share the blame)

Kanty - PM me. I wanna have a little chit-chat with you. =3c

Bardull - You do the same as Kanty. =D

Kaaaaay oh wait!

Circus - Thank you so much for hosting probably one of the single most fun games I've ever played on this site. It was just grah amazing and yeah, consider myself joining any game you host again. =D I felt bad annoying you with the self-watch thingy but what do? I was eager. Also thanks for listening to my usual rants whenever I got the chance because it helped me clear my thoughts more often then not.

Now I'm done. ^^

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
****ING BUSSINESS MAN!!

Make it so that you could hire them to do pretty much anything for any alignment, but like in exchange you get fat and lazy and can't vote or do Night stuff.

yeah

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Different roles imo

Prince neil patrick harris doesn't need to be an inventor

Fiona doesn't really need to be PR

Mix it up a bit with the roles but include some other characters

And even if you don't go that route I think you need some serious Jiggler action in here

Maybe The cute mushroom things that try to kill everything too
Well, I'm also thinking about alignment. In this game, it was established pretty early on that even players claiming main characters could still be mafia. In gender-swap, I don't think it would be possible to make a town without including all of them, which means the game could run into problems with early mass claiming. Unless the game was very small or I made some real concessions on the characters I would want to include.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
****ING BUSSINESS MAN!!

Make it so that you could hire them to do pretty much anything for any alignment, but like in exchange you get fat and lazy and can't vote or do Night stuff.

yeah
I LOVE IT.

You (or Glyph, or Soup, or someone) should host an Adventure Time Mafia so I can be in it.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
BUT I JUST PM'D YOU LIKE ALL OF MY IDEAS FOR THAT

Man now I need NEW ideas

#HBC | ѕoup

If you ever do it again just make it a different focus on alignement, Good/Bad doesn't neccesairly mean Town/Mafia

Glyph we should totally host Adventure Time Mafia 2

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
How can I forget the person that won the game?! I feel terrible now.

RR - You were absent most of the time I was alive but then came around and won the game for your faction so yay for RR! Skating to victory made me sad but I honestly can't say I had you as scum because I was so focused on anyone but you. Thanks for replacing in though because it let us have the slot alive to play with!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus - Thank you so much for hosting probably one of the single most fun games I've ever played on this site. It was just grah amazing and yeah, consider myself joining any game you host again. =D I felt bad annoying you with the self-watch thingy but what do? I was eager. Also thanks for listening to my usual rants whenever I got the chance because it helped me clear my thoughts more often then not.
This was very nice of you to say. It was a pleasure watching you this game, even if your reads totally baffled me sometimes, haha.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I haven't read it yet. I can delete it right now and everything can go back to the way it was.

If you do, I can totally start making a setup and then RUN it and junk!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This was very nice of you to say. It was a pleasure watching you this game, even if your reads totally baffled me sometimes, haha.
Haha not a problem whatsoever.

You also got to see what goes on before I post in threads. xD Though usually after I send stuff to mods I'm like "Kay now let's see what I do after fleshing everything out."

My reads can get silly if not sorted correctly.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I loved my role too :(
did i mention i freaking loved my role? i spent so much time thinking about how it could be used, how it could backfire etc.

i chose swords n1 because he was the OBVIOUS n1 kill.... and then scum roleblocked him instead and i was sad.
Poor Gorf, I still <3 you.

I would have hated to die N1 of this game.
dude it would have sucked to be force-replaced night 1.

OH

WAIT

Imagine if you died with a Bingo N1. xD

But yeah we finally begin clicking in games and you keep dieing.

QUIT DOING THAT GORF.

Go sign up for Shining Force mafia so I can buddy you hard-core, kay thanks.
why did i quote this

There's also another post that Kantrip mentioned where Vlade just miraculously changed his mind on Nabe.

I'm not blaming Vlade or anyone but GOD DAMNIT WAS VLADE THE MOST LIKELY SCUM MATE OF ALL TIME!!

Ah well.
IT WASN'T EVEN THAT SCUMMY MY GOD

SCUMMATES WOULDN'T BE SO OBVIOUS, EVEN IF THEY WERE NOOBS

NIGHT ACTIONS

*Failed actions are highlighted in red.

Night 1

-Kosha Boy roleblocks Sworddancer
-Sworddabcer gives The Gauntlet to Asdioh
-J tracks Nabe
-Asdioh bites Sworddancer
-Nabe kills Gorf
djsaflkjasdflkgjalfjgafdjigod

Soup are you trying to say you were DOUBLE ROLEBLOCKED?!
god i laughed

Yea, what exactly did people get upset with over Bardull's play O.o?
bardull was abrasive as ****. i realized this early d1. however, it gave me a super strong townread on him. his play was ok, except for the Full ****** he went later on.

unrelated but i really do love beer

BarDulL

Town Vampire
KB/RR - I'm really glad that you turned out to be scum, I sincerely started to dislike you. You played it very cool in LyLo. I agree with you and Soup that I should have stepped back and not put my vote down right away, but I was so sure of Vlade scum. It also turns out that even if we had lynched you, whoever hammered would become scum, so I don't know if we would have won. I don't feel bad at all about putting my vote on Vlade, really. GGs.

Overswarm - Sorry for hammering you early, I actually thought I needed to unvote first for some reason. I wish you had participated more early game and really tried to fight your way out of your lynch, KB would have died for sure.

Gorf - Gorf, I thought you played a fantastic Town game, I really did. You're really fun to play with too; your comment about sangfroid was hilarious. HAHA. YOU DUMB BROAD! LMFAO!

Nabe - Honestly, I thought you played a bad game as scum. :X. I'm not sure why you're patting yourself and RR on the back when Town royally beat themselves and you honestly had nothing to do with it. Not to come off as salty or anything :-X but for realsies. Your wifom comments after you were pinned scum were pretty funny though, so I know you have some sense of humor. You're also a smart guy, but you come off as kind of negative for some reason, at least to me. Eh. W/E. GG.

Sangfroid - We didn't get to interact much, so I have nothing to say.

Sworddancer - Played a fantastic Town game, nothing to say here. Hope to play with you more.

Ryker Radical Fiction Ryker - Oh my god. You need to read the games you're in dude, you used MY CHARACTER CLAIM and I thought you were scum trying to CC against me. It also made NOOO sense for you to gambit me the way you did, it really came out of left field. You're also pretty damn arrogant, if you had admitted to ****ing up your gambit, as well as that baseless paranoia, I would have dropped the case on you. Your reads were pretty off, but meh, it happens.

Asdioh - Sorry for lettin' ya down. Be my bud anyway? :3

T-block - Lol, it was fun playing with you. I was very wary throughout the game of your presence, but towards the end I just knew you were Town. I wish I had been able to convince Town to keep you alive ~_~

J - Sooooo Town. You're a very likable person, sorry I couldn't avenge you in the end :(. I'm not taking any of your criticism though, back off. If you have genuine contributions to my play, I'll take it, but that's that.

Vlade - Oh my god. I'm sorry dude, you were just the ultimate, PERFECT scum mate for Nabe. Your sheep votes, and just about everything, and that ONE post, jesus. Ah well, better luck next time on both our parts I guess.

Raziek - Ooooooh my gosh. You really needed to be more active. I kinda knew in the end you were Town but gosh was that a hard, be more active next time. Sorry for getting heated with you.

Kantrip - Sorry for getting into arguments of mass quantities, but towards the end you really started to show me that you knew what you were doing. Or maybe you really improved from this game. I'm not sure. But your read on Vlade was totally legit and I'm glad you hammered on Vlade even though it was the wrong decision.

Bardull - Way to ****ing CATCH THE GIGANTIC SCUM **** UP AND LOSE! Nah I don't blame you, you did your best and there's always room for learning. Time for a new game. YOU WILL GET YOUR RED DICE SOME DAY! But seriously, when the most gigantic scum tell in existence is staring you in the face...come on now.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh yeah, thanks Circus for running this. Sorry for getting out of line some times. Blaghsplgahg. It was a good set up, and the Yak role was pretty cool to witness even though it got me killed in the end. I'm surprised Jake was VT though :( maybe he could have been watcher, eh? Ah well. Fun flavor, makes me want to actually watch the show. GJ and stuff :3

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
RANDOM COMMENTS AND THINGS I FOUND AMUSING

It's amazing the kind of difference even a small change in the player roster can have on a game. Had Kosha Boy remained in his slot rather than Red Ryu, things may have played out quite differently. A similar thing could be said for Asdioh, although T-block seemed to keep Asdioh's most important read (Red Ryu slot scum); the difference really just came down to tenacity there.

At the beginning of this game, I absolutely would not have expected scum to pull off a victory in this manner. I figured Kosha Boy would be dying early for sure, and I really didn't think Nabe's decision to switch safeclaims with him would end up mattering at all (it still didn't, but it kind of should have). The fact that Kosha Ryu's slot not only survived as long as it did, but actually was the one to carry scum to the win is pretty shocking to me. Town stumbled even from the beginning by outing/killing half their PRs before Night 1 even came, but they also caught a few really nice breaks (J bingo-ing Nabe N1, the flavor slip, Kosha's slot being very, very scummy from the get-go, a Night of no-kills); they just didn't really take advantage of most of them.

I was very, very sad to see the Inventor role outed so early. Was really excited to find out how that role would impact the game before anyone else knew it existed.

In hindsight, I kind of wish I had just made Marceline an Indie, though, looking at the way things shaped up, that might not have been fair to Town.

Even though the roles were distributed randomly, J got Finn and Sang got Princess Bubblegum. I thought that was cute.

Light season 2 finale spoilers (also present in the dead player QT):
In the finale for season 2, Princess Bubblegum gives Finn a pink sweater imbued with the power of Liking Someone A Lot, in order to protect him from The Lich's deadly attacks. And, of course, he gets some green fire sprayed at his awesome bod but makes it out unscathed. This exact scenario also played out in-game. Really neat to see.

I won't be doing person-by-person shout-outs because I'm lazy and junk. If you really want to know what I thought of you, even down to specific plays you made, then I'm going to point you to the dead player QT that Asdioh linked to earlier. My stream of consciousness is in there, along with plenty of others'. If I didn't talk about you much, it's probably because you didn't do much.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Now one thing I'm not putting behind me is how I play. Thank you for the criticism Swords, I appreciate that it's constructive rather than destructive (to my morale). I also read comments in the dead QT. I really do appreciate advice and want to try to utilize it. Next game I join I'm going to try to post less and try to focus on things when I think about them to come to a solid conclusion that I won't change my mind about and won't be influenced by others.
Did you see me RAGE?

In hindsight, I kind of wish I had just made Marceline an Indie, though, looking at the way things shaped up, that might not have been fair to Town.
freaking wish i was indie

was gonna post more maybe but i'm inebriated. bardull and kantrip, promise to NEVER do what you did again or i'll never play in a game with you two again. alternatively, i'll modkill both of you, even if i'm not mod.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh yeah, thanks Circus for running this. Sorry for getting out of line some times. Blaghsplgahg. It was a good set up, and the Yak role was pretty cool to witness even though it got me killed in the end. I'm surprised Jake was VT though :( maybe he could have been watcher, eh? Ah well. Fun flavor, makes me want to actually watch the show. GJ and stuff :3
I was initally planning on giving Jake a PR, because he does obviously seem like a character that would "deserve" one. But I couldn't really settle on anything that I liked that didn't mess with other stuff I wanted to do. I had him as an Enabler for some/all of Finn's abilities at one point, but then decided that was too large a handicap with the other roles I was starting to add. Tracker/Watcher combo did come up for Finn and Jake early on, but then I decided I liked the idea of Finn being an investigative JoAT was cooler. And Jake being VT would be fine because it's not really expected.

Thanks for playing, Bardull. I obviously wasn't at all familiar with you before this game, and, as you may read in the QT, I saw myself in you a lot. It felt like a good learning experience for myself. Aside from some out-of-line comments (of which you were not the only one who was guilty this game), you were really rather enjoyable to observe. I'd be interested in playing with you sometime.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh and also Asdioh is obviously amazing and would have won the game for Town single-handedly if I hadn't modgoof'd and force replaced him. Insta-gold dice for the play that never was.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Is it ok for me to say now that I'm underrated on all those tier lists people posted? :c

I'd also say Ryker (and sort of Swiss but not really) is overrated but that's not true, he just had one bad game. Terrible, terrible game, but otherwise he's usually pretty good.

Man, this game. I'm so glad it's over so I can get over it.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Vote: No MvP. I mean good job on Ruy's part for not getting noticed as scum, yea, but town imploded when they gave the Kosha slot a free pass for being replaced. NOTICE HOW SCUMMY HE WAS D1, DESPITE BADICAL CONIPTION'S FLIMSY READS.
Now that it's end game I can explain some things:

First of all I was inactive because I went on a 10 day trip to Israel. It was amazing and I regret nothing. During that time John was supposed to take the wheel and I'd come back in like nothing ever happened. Unfortunately we got replaced and RR took our place. I decided not to post this because I thought you guys would've put your attention back on him. I ended up watching this game from the sidelines and loved how you guys gave RR a freebie.

Second we were a lynch yak. John said some dumb things and we got suspicion. I purposefully decided to not clean up my act because we were a yak. My only plan was to survive D1 and die before Nabe (that part failed). OS getting lynched plus him being the protective role was a plus. Nabe should've listened to me and killed J :bee:. Of course we couldn't have seen J tracking coming. I would've sent the kill to be safe from a tracker, but as long as Nabe was alive he was required to be the one that killed.

So yeah. I had a reason for my not squeaky clean play. GGs town.

Top Bottom