• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This was EASILY the most frustrating thing I've ever witnessed in my mafia experience.

Being force replaced due to a mod error (even though the error was pretty understandable) after being the ONLY one consistently pushing scum on D1.

Watching with glee as Nabe flips KB's claim and nobody catches it... until it was too late AND THEN IGNORES IT.

Watching Kantrip vs Bardull was like watching two special ed kids argue about who was smarter (no offense to you guys, you eventually cooled down and became more reasonable but WOW that was a huge waste of time and space)

Watching T-block get lynched when I had played this entire game assuming my role was nearly unlynchable, and you guys REFUSED TO SCUMHUNT EVEN THOUGH YOU PRACTICALLY KNEW HE WOULD FLIP TOWN. IT WAS *THE BIGGEST WASTE*

etc.

edit: also Yakuza sucks but whatever that's no excuse

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I made it to 4-man LyLo as Indy after Mafia imploded by the end of Day 3 or 4.
Wait you were mother trucking INDY in MM?!?! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Mind = blown which probably makes up for stuffs but since this isn't the MM thread nor prevelant to this thread you should totally message me or something and tell me about it big time cuz I don't wanna read it and I wanna hear it from your PoV since you were my bestest buddy that game. ;_;

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Am I mistaken or did RR claim Treetrunks

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah, let's just drop Majora's, that's neither here nor there. My bad, just hit a salty button.

Ryker lynch sucked.

If it makes you feel better Asdioh, I might have caught it if I actually knew the damn flavor.

We'll talk later, J. I REALLY GOTTA GO TO BED.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also wtf was that Ryker lynch.

I never got what he did.
Terribly scummy with his TB push and his survivalistic attitude + bad reads the entire game caught up especially considering there were more townier people for me. Though that's like the barest minimum why Ryker was lynched.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
"Hey circus I wanna know mafia, i think it's between RR/Vlade/Raziek"

"You're on the right track"

YOU NEVER TOLD MEEEEEE :(

Oh well, this game was really sad to watch, like, really sad.

I can't comment how it felt to actually be in the game (because I wasn't) but seeing some of these things go down just made me cringe. I don't understand how RR got away with that?

Bardull, you remember that PM I sent you? You should follow it, you were too stubborn and that did cost a huge chunk of the game; you're NOT the only one to blame though.

No MvP

For sure.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Currently agreeing with the general opinion that there should be no MVP. Town beat themselves this game.

All the same, I would very much like to make note of what Red Ryu did here. The scum team was in a very tight spot when he replaced in, and he managed to do just enough to keep himself out of trouble (mostly) until victory. Had I replaced into the kind of situation that he found himself in, I probably would have freaked out. I appreciate Red Ryu doing what he did and keeping a mostly level head through it all.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh, I mean yeah the flavor thing was kind of a big deal if you know the flavor (I didn't at first... actually i still haven't gotten to quartzion in the show)

But KB was SO SCUMMY and the frustrating thing is that two of the "best" players in Dgames (overswarm and radical fiction) defended their noobtown reads on him REALLY HARD. ahhhh

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
They lynched Ryker PROBZ cuz he was wrong on stuff, which PROBZ led people to falsely believe he was scummy. But it just goes to show, JUST BECAUSE somebody's rep can mean that there reads MAY be good, doesn't mean you should lean on theirs and rule your own reads out, which is what a shiz ton of people allow players like Ryker to do. I'm not name dropping cuz I hope you'd know who you are (cuz I used to be like this too in a way), but you gotta understand that, until you see a case that outdoes your logic (and not outbullies it), GO ON YOUR OWN READS. I swear RF may have been one of, if not, THE ONLY people against Kosha scum, and people just... BOUGHT IT. WHAT THE TITTIES.

Asdioh said:
Being force replaced due to a mod error (even though the error was pretty understandable) after being the ONLY one consistently pushing scum on D1.
WOAH WOAH WOAH... Hold the phone.

T-block

B2B TST
RF's reads were complete garbage this game. the town reads on kantrip and RR were just soooo stupid.

yeah my lynch was one of the dumbest things i'd ever seen. i would have been totally fine with it if people thought i could be scum (then i could see where kantrip's argument was coming from), but when EVERYONE LABELS ME AS TOWN AND THEN LYNCHES ME ANYWAYS then i don't think i can accept that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Freaking RF stopped the KB lynch D1 to go OS and with Bardull quick-hammering....graaaaah :major sad face:

TB, I sawwy. ;<

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
T-Block don;t you understand that you were our one mislynch if you were scum?

If you were scum and we didn't lynch you we lost, otherwise we ended up where we were. It made sense to lynch you, regardless of alignment.

Hell, you lost your vote if Roleblocked, so you had to die anyway.

Though in retrospect that wouldn't have ****ed us because Yakuza, but WE DIDN'T KNOW THAT.

#HBC | ѕoup

Good setup circus by the way, it's really sad to see it not used to it's full potential, you did an awesome job modding too.

I think the lesson learned here is to play less on speculation and more on legitimacy, a lot of mislynches happened because of 'what if' scenarios.

- Overswarm was lynched due to inactivity, refused to do anything
- Nabe got lynched by a report (woo)
- Ryker was lynched by speculation(???) This one confused me the most, and a lot of it was influnced because of that obnoxious gambit you pulled and your insistence that Ryker was scum

- T-block was lynched on speculation of his role

- I don't remember why Vlade was lynched.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also Bardull, what the hell.

Why did you force it down to you and Vlade, I was #2 or #1 for a lot of people and you forced it down to Vlade in lylo.

That was terrible, you should have consulted with town on what to do over forcing your own personal vendetta. That's Tery in Megaman X level of selfish and personal.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vlade got lynched because he was the PERFECT scum-mate and was the PERFECT puzzle piece to everything. He just got the wrong role pm is all. ">.>

#HBC | Gorf

And dude @J with the terribly obvious Nabe track result push... If you did it more subtly you would have gotten em without the claim. And the OS lynch... What the hell was that... Honestly yea I found em pretty scummy but it's another case of Ryker/Swiss has a better rep then Asdioh/Gorf/another one of two people advocating the KB lynch, so let's just go with them JUST IN CASE. I mean honestly, think of who you'd rather have in the game as TOWN. And I know what you're thinking "WHO WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE IN THE GAME AS SCUM?!?!" Well... if OS was scum and a decent reread was done to look at his scummy actions (like... what... should've... been... done... with... KB...), it'd be not so big a problem. With KB it's lose-lose. But hey I'm just spewing salt.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Vlade got lynched because he was the PERFECT scum-mate and was the PERFECT puzzle piece to everything. He just got the wrong role pm is all. ">.>
This. I seriously have no regrets putting my vote down on Vlade and I don't blame anyone for what happened (not even myself.) I wish I had just had the brain to say "kill RR," but I was held back by the fact that, in a normal game, I wouldn't be lynching anyone based on flavor alone.

Ah well.

#HBC | Gorf

Oh. And VLADE WAS SO OBVIOUS FREAKING NOOB TOWN IT HURT. LOOK AT VIRTUALLY ANYTHING HE DID D1, HE HAD TOWN PAINTED ON HIS FACE.

But hey, I'm JUST spewing salt.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Nabe result was just meeeh play on my part because I thought I would be getting busier with life when I really didn't and really wanted to die with my guilty being known and some people were just not getting that I had a result on Nabe. Even Nabe didn't realize till it was too late and Swords didn't and I was just like "Am I speaking in Spanish or something again? =x" TB/RF got it but then they went into wringing each others necks.

I was actually iirc wanting KB>OS in the end but wasn't there in time to remove my vote before quickhammer but whatevers.

Vlade was so n00btown but he was....perfect puzzle piece....;_; *sadness*

BarDulL

Town Vampire
No way Gorf, you really need to look at what he did for Nabe. Vlade screamed n00btown yes, but what he did for Nabe was just tooooo much.

#HBC | ѕoup

Agree with RR next time. There's one thing to be completely confident in your reads and another to not consider other options, next time take a step back, or even try to understand your push better, you had a huge tunnel vision going on with all your scum-picks, and that's not a good thing.

>Soup giving advice :cool:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
ROLES

The Town

Circus said:

FINN
You are Finn The Human! You’re a courageous boy with an awesome hat who lives in a tree and defends the Land of Ooo from hideous monsters and rude dudes. What a neat guy you are.

You are a Jack-of-All-Trades! Or perhaps that should be Finn-of-All-Trades. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Ahem. Thanks to your many years of adventuring, you’ve developed a small set of skills that will undoubtedly come in handy for defeating the forces of Evil. Which is good, because you’ll slay anything that’s Evil. That’s your deal. You may use an ability once a Night, each Night, by PMing me one of the commands listed below, followed by the name of one player you wish to target for that action (for example, “Track: Circus”). You are not obligated to use an ability every Night. Each ability may only be used once. Whether or not you choose to use an ability on any given Night, please notify me of your decision as soon as possible so that the game is not stalled any longer than it needs to be. Your abilities are as follows...

-Tracker: Learn who the targeted player visits during the Night, if they visit anyone at all.
Example: Circus visited Evil Eye.
-Follower: Learn what action the targeted player performs during the Night, if they perform any action at all.
Example: Circus prodded someone.
-Watcher: Learn who visits the targeted player, if anyone visits them at all.
Example: Circus was visited by Evil Eye.
-Voyeur: Learn what kind of action is done to the targeted player, if any action is done to them at all.
Example: Circus was brutally buttdevastated by someone.

You are Good, and you win when all threats to the land of Ooo have been eliminated.
Circus said:

JAKE
You are Jake The Dog! You are a magical dog who plays the viola, and you are also just an all around good bro. You are an incredibly loyal friend, even in the face of fear or boredom.

You are a Good Guy. Not even your Stretchy Powers or insane viola-playing skills are enough to provide you with an ability that would translate to this game, but no biggie. Just shape your brain into the form of an Evil-Doer-Finder and Ooo will be rid of baddies in no time.

You are Good, and you win when all threats to the land of Ooo have been eliminated.
Circus said:

PRINCESS BUBBLEGUM
You are Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum! You are the benevolent ruler of the Candy Kingdom within the Land of Ooo. You are well loved by your subjects, all of whom are candy themed, like yourself.

You are an Inventor! You are in possession of four items that you may give to other players in the game. Each item provides its owner with a one-shot ability. You may give an item once a Night, each Night, by sending me a private message containing the statement “give [item] to [living player]” (for example, “Give Gem Earring to Circus”). That player will be able to use the item that he or she is given the Night that he or she acquires it. You may not give an item to yourself. You are not obligated to give an item every Night. Whether or not you choose to give an item on any given Night, please notify me of your decision as soon as possible so that the game is not stalled any longer than it needs to be. The items at your disposal are as follows...

-Gem Earring (x2)
Earrings embedded with special gems. A player equipped with one of these items will be immune to certain evil influences. It would be wise to share these with players you trust, who you feel may have helpful abilities.
-The Gauntlet of The Hero Billy
Billy’s magic gauntlet. For reasons unknown, the gauntlet is sentient and has a large, rather sensitive, human-like eye. It is capable of projecting a very strong blast of energy from its palm. The player who receives this item will be inheriting quite a powerful weapon indeed.
-Homemade Sweater (imbued with the power of Liking Someone A Lot)
Possibly the only item on this list that you actually “invented”—a pink sweater that you knitted yourself. It’s not the most flattering piece of clothing one could wear, but the magic implanted into the fibers of this sweater is very powerful. You should obviously give this to someone you like a lot, especially someone whom you feel may be in need of some extra protection.

Circus said:

LUMPY SPACE PRINCESS
You are Lumpy Space Princess! You are the princess of Lumpy Space (duh). After getting into a hissy fit with your parents, you ran away from home and spent some time living in the woods (first with wolves, then terrorizing a village). Since then, you have returned to your Lumpy Space Family and now live a rather happy Lumpy Space Life, eating delicious sandwiches.

You are a Good Guy! You’re also a spoiled, lumpy, little brat, but you’ve got a good heart. Probably. I mean, I assume you must have a heart and, if you do, then it’s good. Look, just lumpin’ look out for bad guys and try not to get too self-involved, okay?

Circus said:

MARCELINE
You are Marceline The Vampire Queen! You’re a century-old vampire girl who enjoys traveling the Land of Ooo and playing tricks on people. You’ve got three bass guitars, your most coveted of which being made from your family’s heirloom axe. Basically, you’re just totally math and you know it. No big deal.

You are a Vote Thief! This means, during the Night phase, you have the ability to take a vote from one other living player by sucking the “redness” out of them (don’t ask me how that works; just shush). You may use this ability once a Night, each Night, by PMing me the command “Bite”, followed by the name of one player you wish to target for the action (for example, “Bite: Circus”). Not only will the selected player be drained of energy and lose their ability to vote for the entirety of the following Day phase, but you will then be able use your newly acquired energy to cast two respective votes during that Day phase. One vote you will be able to cast just as you normally would, in thread. The other, for the sake of privacy, will need to be PM’d to me whenever you want to cast or move it. This action is compulsory, as “redness” is the substance on which you sustain yourself. If you do not select a player to target for the action before the Night Phase has ended, you will become Voteless for the following Day Phase, as you will be too lethargic to cast a vote.

Circus said:

ICE KING
You are The Ice King! You are a lonely King who lives in and rules over the Ice Kingdom. The magical crown you wear atop your noggin gives you seemingly limitless power over ice! Ain’t that cool? Yeah, it’s pretty cool. But don’t get too excited about it, because you won’t be using it during this game at all.

You are a Jailer! You have the ability to kidnap one player each Night and keep them locked up for the duration of that Night Phase, ensuring that they stay safe from any and all Night Actions, but also preventing them from using any Night Actions themselves. You may use this ability once a Night, each Night, by PMing me the command “Jail”, followed by the name of one player you wish to target for the action (for example, “Jail: Circus”). You are not obligated to use your ability every Night. Whether or not you choose to use your ability on any given Night, please notify me of your decision as soon as possible so that the game is not stalled any longer than it needs to be.

Circus said:

GUNTER
You are Gunter! You are The Ice King’s head penguin (I guess), although you are indistinguishable from all other penguins. That’s not racist; it’s just true. No one really knows whether you’re male or female, due to some shenanigans which involved you laying an egg with a magic kitten in it. It’s all very confusing and possibly immoral.

You are a Good Guy! You’re a bit of a trouble maker, and Marceline’s dad apparently thinks you’re the most evil thing he’s ever seen, but, for the purposes of this game, you’re still a good guy (or girl). You have no special penguin powers with which to dazzle anyone, so just hunt scum like a normal player. And try not to get knocked up again, okay?

Circus said:

BMO
You are BMO! You are a super adorable, sentient video game system and you’re roommates with Finn and Jake. You also have something similar to a Korean accent. No one knows why. No one cares. It’s just cute.

You are a Good Guy! As versatile and adorable as you are, you have no powers that would be beneficial for this mafia game. Sad face. Never you fret though! Just use your main-brain-game-frame smarts to the best of your ability and it’ll be GAME OVER for the mafia, before you know it. Video game puns!

Circus said:

CINNAMON BUN
You are Cinnamon Bun! You are an anthropomorphic cinnamon bun who lives in the Candy Kingdom. You are not very bright or attractive or good at anything.

But you are a Good Guy! That’s something, right? It definitely isn’t nothing. It is a thing. A thing that you are. It’s the only redeeming quality you have, really, because, like I said, you are useless.

Circus said:

SNAIL
You are The Waving Snail! You appear in (almost) every single episode of Adventure Time, though you’re hardly even a real character. You just squirm into the frame and wave to the audience. Awe.

You are a Good Guy! It’s awfully nice of your to wave at everyone, but that’s about all you’re good at doing and that just isn’t very applicable to fighting the forces of Evil. But don’t get discouraged. Do your best to help everyone else defeat the baddies, you cute little mollusk!

The Mafia

Circus said:

THE LICH
You are The Lich! You are very, very evil. There’s no bright side to you. You do not joke; you do not show mercy; you do not pursue petty endeavors such as the kidnapping of princesses. Your one and only desire is to destroy life. The great hero Billy once defeated you many years ago and sealed you in amber to keep you from causing any more chaos. However, you have been unintentionally set free, and you now plan on making the Land of Ooo pay dearly for your imprisonment.

You are a Roleblocker! Through the use of your mind control power, you are capable of stopping a player from using their Night ability for the duration of one Night phase. You may use this ability once a Night, each Night, by PMing me the command “roleblock”, followed by the name of one player you wish to target for the action (for example, “Roleblock: Circus”). You are not obligated to use your ability every Night. Whether or not you choose to use your ability on any given Night, please notify me of your decision as soon as possible so that the game is not stalled any longer than it needs to be.

You are also a Yakuza! In the event of your death, your spirit will leave your body and possess the player who dealt you the killing blow. If that player is mafia (for example, if your scummate were to deliver the hammer vote on you during the Day phase, resulting in your lynch), then your spirit will skip over this player and possess the next logical player. The possessed player will switch alignments and become a member of the Mafia for the remainder of the game.

You may speak to Nabe (Quartzion) outside of the game at any time, Day or Night, by using this quicktopic. If you wish to communicate outside of the quicktopic, you may, but that communication must be copied and pasted into the quicktopic afterward.

Though you will decide on the target of your Night Kill together, Nabe will PM the name of the player you wish to kill and will consequentially be the one sent to carry out the action. Should he be eliminated at any point during the game, you will take up killing duty.

Lady Rainicorn is not in this game and you are the only player that knows this.

You are Evil, and you win when Evil has a majority over Good in the Land of Ooo or if nothing can be done to prevent this.
Circus said:

QUARTZION
You are Quartzion The Crystal Queen! You once were a small elephant-like being known as Tree Trunks, but then you were sent to the Crystal Dimension after eating a Crystal Gem Apple and are now “bananas with crystal power.”

You are an Evil Henchman! You may speak to Kosha Boy (The Lich) outside of the game at any time, Day or Night, using this quicktopic. If you wish to communicate outside of the quicktopic, you may, but all outside communications must be copied and pasted into the quicktopic afterward.

Though you will decide on the target of your Night Kill together, you will PM the name of the player you wish to kill and will consequentially be the one sent to carry out the action. Should you be eliminated at any point during the game, Kosha Boy will take up killing duty.

Tree Trunks is not in this game and you are the only player that knows this.

You are Evil, and you win when Evil has a majority over Good in the Land of Ooo or if nothing can be done to prevent this.

#HBC | Gorf

Bardull said:
No way Gorf, you really need to look at what he did for Nabe. Vlade screamed n00btown yes, but what he did for Nabe was just tooooo much.
What he did for Nabe? THIS DICK WHAT HE DID FOR NABE. You show me one damn good scenario where Vlade made a remarkably scummy connection with Nabe (and no, NOT vice versa)... oh wait... TOWN GAVE SCUMSHA BOY A FREE PASS AFTER HE /OUTED THAT'S RIGHT.

But hey... I'm JUST... spewing salt.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Sorry I haven't been able to post since the day started, I've just moved to Japan and have been busy getting stuff organised.

While I agree that Nabe is scummy I think we'd be better off lynching someone on the OS bandwagon. The following people were on the wagon yesterDay: Radical Fiction, Vlade, J, Raziek, Sworddancer, Gorf, Bardull.

Obviously Gorf is out of the picture. Sworddancer is cleared provided someone can verify that they received an invention from him. So that leaves RF, myself, J, Raziek and Bardull.

Since Raziek is back I would rather hear more from him before inquiring further about him.

RF started the wagon and towards the end they gave me the impression that they wanted to lynch OS for the sake of being superior over a strong player rather than a legitimate scumread. They were on the same wavelength as Gorf for a lot of yesterDay, that might mean something but it'd be too much of a stretch to hypothesise upon it.

I originally thought J was town but his attention towards Nabe seems illogical for a townie imo. He presented his "nutshell case" on Nabe but there really isn't enough substance for a case on Nabe. He is diverting our attention away from the OS wagon when it is the OS wagon we need to be focusing on imo.

Not sure what to think of Bardull's "gambit". Either it's a cover-up for his hammer on OS or he really didn't know that unvotes aren't required. The rules have since been edited in the OP but I think I remember that when I read them for the first time that it wasn't clear whether unvotes are necessary, in fact I remember not being sure myself until I switched votes.

Vote: J

People are probably labeling me as insane now.
This is what I was talking about, Gorf.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh man you know it, I was just getting mad into the game too...
Imagine if you died with a Bingo N1. xD

But yeah we finally begin clicking in games and you keep dieing.

QUIT DOING THAT GORF.

Go sign up for Shining Force mafia so I can buddy you hard-core, kay thanks.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
There's also another post that Kantrip mentioned where Vlade just miraculously changed his mind on Nabe.

I'm not blaming Vlade or anyone but GOD DAMNIT WAS VLADE THE MOST LIKELY SCUM MATE OF ALL TIME!!

Ah well.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
NIGHT ACTIONS

*Failed actions are highlighted in red.

Night 1

-Kosha Boy roleblocks Sworddancer
-Sworddabcer gives The Gauntlet to Asdioh
-J tracks Nabe
-Asdioh bites Sworddancer
-Nabe kills Gorf

Night 2

-Red Ryu roleblocks J
-Sworddancer gives The Sweater to J
-J follows T-block
-T-block bites Red Ryu
-Red Ryu kills Sworddancer

Night 3

-Red Ryu roleblocks J
-J follows T-block
-T-block bites Raziek
-Red Ryu kills J

Night 4

-Red Ryu roleblocks J
-J follows Vlade
-Red Ryu kills J

Lots of comments on lots of things coming sometime in the future. Maybe soon, maybe not.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Soup are you trying to say you were DOUBLE ROLEBLOCKED?!

Top Bottom