• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Dude NO KIDDING your points on J were bad, ugh jesus christ. What worries me though is that you're trying to appeal to everyone else by showing how nooby you've been when, well, noobs don't really understand why they're being nooby, which is why they're noobs. If noobs knew what a nooby thing was, then they wouldn't do nooby things. So why would you "poke" J with your points if you know they were bad? -____-

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Actually wow I hadn't thought about it, but Kantrip may actually be the second scum. :/

Kantrip put me at L-2 when T-block was potentially scum from Kantrip's point of view (if Kantrip was Town) so it's funny that he criticizes me for jeopardizing the game when he himself did it first. I also don't get why he would do it period, really.

Then again, RR fits the bill as well since T-block could have potentially been scum mates with someone else and gotten me killed by putting me at L-3. Sigh.

Raziek where are youuuuuu

Vlade

Social Outcast
UGH QUIT TRYING TO PLAY THE NOOB CARD YOU NOOB!

First off, you're grasping with your first statement. To the extreme. I'm maintaining the possibility that you're not scum, but there's a 99% chance you are, with the exception that Raziek + someone else is probably scum or something since Raziek is the only player who has repeatedly gone missing. That's called THINKING LIKE A TOWNIE.

Secondly, Kantrip/RR have TONS OF STUFF that can be used against them. Kantrip has been very strong anti-town all game and he is suspicious after the T-block flip. However all the evidence suggests that you're for sure scum, so I'm not really pressing Kantrip.

Oh that reminds me, but at one point I was at L-2 yesterDay with votes from RR and Kantrip...yet I wasn't quick lynched, so that means that a Raziek/Vlade scum team is slightly unlikely, unless they were scared that T-block kept his vote even after being RB'd.

Anyway back to my train of thought.

Has anyone noticed that Vlade's attitude has changed? Seems like the nonchalant cool one is losing his cool. Por qoui?

I probably will quote all your stuff in my massive case against you. Deal with it.

BTW I want everyone to look at Vlade's entire game and my entire game and stop being so narrow minded about how I put my vote on Vlade earlier toDay. Yes I potentially could have lost Town the game but think where we'd be if I hadn't done it. We'd be sitting on our thumbs with NO PROGRESSION waiting on Raziek to become active and do something. This was the right option to take and I have no regrets about doing it.

**** I'm really bad at staying V/LA. I guess my V/LA's are more like "no guarantees that I'll post" type things. BTW what does V/LA stand for, exactly?
That's ridiculous. If you really are town, the only explanation that you would come up with is that I'm scum, yet you insist on maintaining the possibility that I'm townie to score townie points.

Also your point about my attitude changing is bad because it doesn't show any scummy intent whatsoever. I'm just getting more passionate about this lynch.

Also, I retract what I said about how "it's time for people to lay down their vote". In hindsight it WAS hasty and I've just decided to re-read the game again. There are some things I have to say about Bardull's play this game.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually wow I hadn't thought about it, but Kantrip may actually be the second scum. :/

Kantrip put me at L-2 when T-block was potentially scum from Kantrip's point of view (if Kantrip was Town) so it's funny that he criticizes me for jeopardizing the game when he himself did it first. I also don't get why he would do it period, really.

Then again, RR fits the bill as well since T-block could have potentially been scum mates with someone else and gotten me killed by putting me at L-3. Sigh.

Raziek where are youuuuuu
When? Was that when I thought T-block was a solo indy or when I thought he was town? I don't think I would have done that if I thought he could have done an alpha strike feasibly.

The reason I'm upset that you did this is that it's LYLO and I specifically said for no one to vote since it's LYLO.

You are also getting paranoid.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That's ridiculous. If you really are town, the only explanation that you would come up with is that I'm scum, yet you insist on maintaining the possibility that I'm townie to score townie points.

Also your point about my attitude changing is bad because it doesn't show any scummy intent whatsoever. I'm just getting more passionate about this lynch.

Also, I retract what I said about how "it's time for people to lay down their vote". In hindsight it WAS hasty and I've just decided to re-read the game again. There are some things I have to say about Bardull's play this game.
Lol, trying to gain townie points? Worst attempt at trying to paint me as scum yet, noobscumVlade.

A change in behavior isn't a for sure scum tell, but it's an interesting observation now that it's down to the wire between me and you. :)

Dude I've been ****ing waiting forever for this. Hit me with everything you've got because at least you won't feel bad when I **** all over your case afterwards.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
When? Was that when I thought T-block was a solo indy or when I thought he was town? I don't think I would have done that if I thought he could have done an alpha strike feasibly.

The reason I'm upset that you did this is that it's LYLO and I specifically said for no one to vote since it's LYLO.

You are also getting paranoid.
You see the branches but you miss the trees (I think that's how the saying goes) since yesterDay could have been LyLo fypov with potential T-block scum. -_-

Vlade

Social Outcast
Here we go...

i'm actually pretty sold on this KB lynch. i never really thought about it before, but their entire game sucks and it makes me writhe with pain.

Vote: Kosha Boy

if he's not scum i'll be so upset with both players in that hydra, not that i'm not already upset with them of course. i've looked over previous games of inferno and he should know better than to play the way he has been playing.

i'm sticking with this vote until day's end unless something super controversial happens.
I noticed that Bardull has a tendency to shift the blame onto the lynchee as an inb4 for when he's wrong. If you're town, take responsibility and actually THINK about the possibility of them just being bad instead of going "oh he's scummy let's lynch him and if he flips town it's his fault". No, it doesn't work like that and only scum would think that way. Bardull did it toDay as well (as quoted

below) and on several other occassions like when he said that "if J's scum, we're ****ed".

Uh, yeah bro, you're not dead yet. I like how you're trying to explain your vote on me as if you need to. We already know it's down to me and you toDay unless scum is trolling us or taking their time with alpha strikes (which would be pretty gay.)

No, the easiest player to make a case on would be Kantrip LOL.

Lol, I'd be wasting my time? Doubtful. Look bro, I TOLD YOU at the START OF THE GAME that this was going to happen in a LyLo situation because you have NO MEAT ON YOUR BONES. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and stopped tunneling you but that was a huge mistake on my behalf and I should have pushed for your lynch on D3. You CONTINUED to do so and now we're in the

situation we're in. If you're Town, you lost us the game with your play and I hope you learn that all of your safe, sheepish play, non-existent pushes, and the blatantly obvious attempt at saving Nabe (which, by the way, this was the ONLY time you ever did this, and it was for scum. That's contradictory of your current testimony. If you believed no one would follow your reads, why did

you try to move the wagon away from Nabe and push for J? FAIL! You lie.) point to NoobScumVlade.

No, the lynch shouldn't happen yet. Now that I know you're scum, it will probably be pretty easy to detect your third scum mate. I'm just going to have to reread the **** out of this game, but I know I'll be able to do it.
It just shows that he lacks care in the consequences of his lynch targets, which reads scum to me.

So then Bardull hammers Overswarm, and then says this:

:|

Unfortunately, I think OS is smart enough to see through my gambit.

OS is still at L-1, I haven't unvoted yet. :/
I find this EXTREMELY hard to buy and I cannot believe we let this slide. There is NO WAY that anyone can be that stupid. Towny intent? None. Scummy intent? Good way to cover up his hammering of our Jailer.

Now after Day 1 Bardull's play around the Nabe ordeal intrigues me:

Vote: BarDull
Scum obviously, gg
Major WIFOM, something to note for later:

godotsipcoffee.jpg

godotshakeheadatkantrip.jpg

the wifom nabe posted will only lead to counter productivity, so it really isn't worth talking about; nabe is confirmed scum, so anything he says or does will only distract town at this point.

point of clarity though: nabe is suggesting that the mafia members don't know who each other are, and if this is true, it means potential connections and disconnections between nabe and the rest of the players don't add up to anything. scum doesn't have a reason to make this statement if the statement is true though, so chances are nabe just wants us to think that trying to draw

connections/disconnections from his play is futile.

bottom line: it's wifom and it's not worth talking about, but we should continue to assume the mafia knows who the other mafia players are unless his flip proves otherwise.
Now after that WIFOM dumped by Nabe, Bardull comes in and makes an attempt to draw our attention away from what Nabe said and seems to make such a big deal about it. Now why would he feel the need to clarify this? Obviously he didn't want anyone looking back through Nabe's recent posts and deciphering the WIFOM that was set. I am finding it difficult to see any town incentive in

this post. From a town perspective, this post just consists of fluff.

this is the problem: you're ok with openly sheeping/not following your own reads, which in simpler terms means you're not being productive town. by admitting to having scummy behavior and being "cool" about it, you're essentially reading null to most players here.

people who have town leans on vlade need to really think this over.

vlade, if you are town, then ultimately you're just an empty slot that votes with the majority. in a lylo/mylo situation, you will surely be lynched for this.

here's my read on vlade. if vlade is town, then he just doesn't care what his actions look like when he does them. this is derived either from arrogance/over confidence, or he really doesn't care about the game that much. or he's really, really, really hard headed.

if someone can provide meta/a personality profile on vlade for me, i'd appreciate it.

if vlade is scum, it means that vlade has a superiority complex and thinks that he can get away with scummy behavior by being open and "cool" about it. he has too much confidence in himself for no real reason.

we're never going to be friends vlade, NEVER. NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! ughhhhhhhhhh

is anyone here friends with vlade that can help me feel better about him?
Bardull knew from the very beginning that by keeping me alive he'd eventually be able to convince other people that I'm scum. Of course, he has opted to keep me alive until lylo just like he promised.

ok, so i looked through all of nabe's posts, and i've noticed a couple things.

1. has a weird town read on kantrip, so kantrip/nabe team is possible. eh. i really want to see kantrip's flip but my gut read is that kantrip is just really bad town, no one can possibly be so anti town and so blatantly scummy as him. i would lynch kantrip in a lylo situation with just about anyone else though.

2. t-block/nabe scum team is possible, but unlikely fmpov atm.

3. nabe tried to deter the OS lynch and push the KB lynch, but he was being fake obv. town. i actually don't feel like a KB/nabe team is in existence.

4. never interacts with vlade. vlade puts his vote on nabe at one point, but nabe doesn't respond to vlade's vote like he did to asdioh/t-block.

also, earlier in D2, vlade clearly tries to change the bandwagon from nabe to someone on the OS wagon (J) because he feels that "nabe is scummy, but there are more scummy lynch targets." nabe never points out the flaws in vlade's play like he did to, for example, myself/kantrip/t-block. this is a weird disconnect between vlade and nabe that bothers me substantially. now, i understand

people may think i'm tunneling vlade and vlade is seemingly obvious town, BUT there's a lot that hints to vlade/nabe scum team more so than anyone else, at least imho.

5. definitely not scum with me LOL, if i was scum with nabe that would be so funny XD

6. J/nabe scum team would be hilarious, but only a !% chance of this actually being the case.

7. raziek gave an easy vote on nabe toDay. this goes in accordance with raz's typical play so far. don't see raz/nabe team as very likely. it's possible though.

8. haven't REALLY looked into RF/nabe interactions, but it seems like typical play from RF. this is a pretty neutral relationship, seems like TvS.
-Once again so concerned about lylo when it's only Day 2 - something only scum would really think about.
-Second bolded post shows a scum thought process - why would town need to explain how they cannot possibly be connected? That's something that's up to the other players to decide. Also the fact that he brushes it off as a joke is scummy.

Gah, wtf, I was prodded? I could've sworn I posted in the last 48 hours...blah. Well, for what it's worth, I'm just waiting on that post from J. I've pretty much said all that I've needed to say so far X3.

Current stance: KEEL NABE!

Possible Nabe scum mates - Vlade, RR, Kantrip, RF, TB, Raz

Don't like Vlade (probably massive tunneling on my part though), wish Raz would post more, Kantrip is Kantrip (I don't get the feeling that Kanty/Nabe is a scum team though for some reason...), RR has done an ok job of cleaning up after KB, but that slot is pretty much doomed (it's really just a coin toss for me between Kanty/RR flip for tomorrow, this could change based on flips though), I

sort of get the feeling one of RF/TB is scum with Nabe but they both seem town to me (haven't seen or heard from RF though, wtf?)

Yeah that's pretty much it. Hurry up J! :3
Keeping a LOT of options open as a potential scumbuddy for Nabe - blatantly scummy. Town would narrow it down to 1 or 2 potential scumbuddies.

We move onto Day 3 when Bardull plays his watcher gambit:

hmm...k, very well.

unfortunately, i wanted to wait out a response from vlade, RF, and RR for scum hunting purposes, but it seems a bit too late for that.

yes, i'm not the watcher. i am a different role; my intents and purposes for claiming watcher today was to get a reaction out of kantrip, who was easily going to be the most controversial subject today.

i can say, with certainty, that kantrip is not the one who visited nabe's body, with a 60% lean on kantrip being town.

raziek is my largest suspect as of now. RF reads null. RR and t-block are still sus to me but it's mostly gut.
Ok, so there was some town intent for the gambit, but...

oh, i missed it. yeah, your reaction reads legit to me. fail on my part.

i hate to say this

but vlade might be town.
The town intent was fake. You don't "miss" my reaction when that is what you are fishing for. Scummy intent is evident since Bardull continues to bring up this 'gambit' as part of his 'town play' and why he shouldn't be lynched, when he completely disproved that town intent by showing his lack of actual care about my response to his gambit.

Now we get to the Ryker lynch saga:

Alright, this REALLY needs to be addressed. EVERYONE needs to look at this. This is big and largely why I believe--no, I KNOW Ryker is scum. He is now my strongest scum read next to Raziek, who is second. T-block is third.

This is problem number one. Ryker had no real reasoning to want me to claim before him at this time. There's no explanation. Nein. Nada. Zip. Zop. This is the first red flag that made me begin to see our dear fellow in a different light. I didn't understand why he wanted the claim order in this way, and why he wanted me to claim before him. It didn't make any sense at first. It really came right

out of left field. Then comes problem number two...

Once Ryker realizes that he isn't going to get a claim out of me before he claims, he claims Jake, and he claims an investigative result on me. Here's where problem #2 comes in.

Why? What was this all for? There's still no explanation why he so direly wanted me to claim first. I had already retracted, and yet he was so worried. It made no sense! But wait, there's something else that doesn't make sense:

Problem number 2 is...oh, that's interesting, I already claimed Jake The Dog, so why did RYKER claim JAKE?

This isn't a question that can be answered right away. I'll get back to it later on.

What's more important is that everyone understands that what Ryker tried to do was not a gambit. Here's why:

I AM Jake The Dog, after all. I had ALREADY claimed Jake at the very start of the Day. So, here's a big question all of you need to ask yourselves: "what was the point of his post then if it wasn't a gambit?"

You're smart, but my intellectual capacity for perceiving through mankind's greatest weavers of deception is FLAWLESS. I'm good. Scary good. Boogie man good. You enter the ring with me, and you die a painful, painful, painful death.

This was anything but clever; I saw through it pretty easily. ^_^

Alright, silly self ego stroking and teasing aside, Ryker claims JAKE. Why? This is the biggest discrepancy in his play; he could have claimed Cinnamon Bun. What was his intent for doing this? Why didn't he claim Cinnamon Bun before when he was trying to "gambit" me? This is the big **** up that seals his fate.

Why claim Jake? What is the intent? Why not claim Cinnamon Bun?

Remember, Ryker stated that he "did not remember my character claim."

So, again, I ask the question:

What's the difference between Cinnamon Bun and Jake?

I'll tell you.

From Ryker's point of view, there is no difference. He "didn't remember" my claim.

Yet, for some reason, he claimed Jake anyway, when that wasn't even his role.

Strange, isn't it?

Here's what really happened:

The likelihood that I was actually Watcher even after I retracted was high. Really high. Way too high, and for three reasons:

Reason 1: Claiming Watcher as a VT is very risky and extremely bold. In this set up, Watcher was a likely role, but no one had claimed it yet or CC'd except for me.
Reason 2: I "knew" that T-Block was the vote manipulator, and I also stated on D2 "inb4 nabe flips vote manipulator vampire *****." This information suggested that I was very likely a PR since I was "too lucky to have made the right guesses."
Reason 3: I wifom'd like CRAZY before the mass claim.

Now, lets assume Ryker is Scum for a moment.

If I really did "watch" Swords, then Ryker and his potential scum mate (if he had one, which he probably does) were ****ed. The likelihood of this happening was simply way too high for Ryker; getting caught in a VT claim during mass claim, and then getting claimed guilty by me as un CC'd watcher, was too likely to happen because of the reasons I stated above. So the first thing he

does is...

"I want BarDulL to claim before me, and I have a good reason."

Ryker suspected that I was still gambit'ing by "retracting" my claim. He believed that I was trying to put Scum into a false sense of security prior to a mass claim. Then, once he claimed VT, my gambit would snap shut, and scum would lose, so he continued to try and get me to claim first. However, I wouldn't let up no matter how much pressure was on me.

Once Ryker realized that there was no way he was going to get me to claim before him, he suspected the worst: "BarDulL is the Watcher! He's waiting for me to claim VT, and then he's going to have me lynched!"

Knowing this, Ryker took a pre-emptive approach to the problem: he claimed Jake with an investigative result on me.

But why?

In the event that I was actually Jake, Good Watcher, it would be my claim against his in a battle of CCs.

Jake is the stronger claim against Cinnamon Bun; a Cinnamon Bun claim with an investigative role doesn't weigh up to a Jake claim in terms of flavor. It would also make me more suspicious if Ryker claimed Jake.

However, the chance that I claimed VT was still there, so he decided to handle this problem by crumbing "I'm Lying." In the event that I claimed VT, Ryker would use his crumb to back out of the investigative claim if this actually happened, and make himself seem like he was baiting or gambiting me.

But we know that it wasn't a bait or gambit; I had already claimed Jake. If Ryker was trying to gambit or bait me, then he would have used the Cinnamon Bun claim.

Everything fits into place.

Which leaves me at my final point: is there a TOWN explanation for Ryker's actions? Does it make ANY sense at ALL to do what he did if he was actually Town? Remember, he DID NOT REMEMBER THAT I HAD CLAIMED JAKE, and he HAD NOT PUSHED ON ME BEFORE. Why claim Jake when he wasn't actually Jake then? Why go to such lengths to gambit me or bait me, let alone have me claim

first? How does it make any sense as Town?

GG Ryker.
I was lazy at the time and didn't think very hard about this case, but now that I look back, it's ****, but I'm not going to be a hypocrite - it's not as bad as the cases I've made in this game. Bardull's ONLY premise for suspecting Ryker was the fact that Ryker claimed Jake the Dog when it was actually Bardull's character, and the answer to this is simple: No-one's going to believe Cinammon Bun

as a watcher. Once this premise was disproven, this argument completely fell down the drain, yet he continued to push for the lynch when his reason for doing so was countered.

Done responding to Kantrip for the rest of this Day. He doesn't want to look for scum, he's obnoxious and disrespectful, and the best part is, he hasn't posed his own read on T-block or asked himself "is T-block scum?" He doesn't have a read. He's pushing the lynch on T-block because it's easy and it's borderline policy. Scum would do this. He's a terrible player

whom, if he's town, will probably end up losing us the game. I have absolutely no respect for him. If he continues to address me, his plights will be ignored, or worse, actually ignored via the ignore mechanic on SWF. I probably won't do that though since that's detrimental to Town.

We don't know if T-block loses his vote upon being RB'D, for one. This is an assumption Kantrip is making. The question I asked was rhetorical. 10 moron points for Kantrip!

Two. Kantrip says that T-block isn't on the same team as Nabe. If T-block really isn't on the same team as Nabe, then we should be trying to lynch one of the final two scum. Or better yet, start scum hunting right now! This entire conversation about lynching T-block on policy is distracting Town from doing proper scum hunting if T-block isn't actually scum with Nabe!

So yeah, with that said, done talking to Kantrip. Still waiting on responses from Vlade, RR, and T-block.
After Kantrip proved that Bardull was being stupid for not reading the game he says he makes cop-out by saying he won't talk to Kantrip and then tries to score townie points by bringing up the importance of scum hunting, when really we needed to lynch T-Block.

I don't actually hate everyone; I was just being silly and expressing my flustered emotions in a silly way. But guess what? That shouldn't come as a surprise because:

1. Raziek has done nothing all game except make sideline commentary and try to fuel the fire by making comments like this. Reads as null/lean scum mostly and didn't participate enough if he is actually Town. If he is going to play a game of mafia, he needs to commit to it. If he isn't Town, I'll be ok with his play for this game.

2. People are pushing T-block's lynch on the premise that he's a policy lynch (I'm going to ****ing laugh when he flips Town) and not because he's scum.

I don't care what anyone says, T-block should not be pushed to death simply because he's detrimental to Town. Players who are pushing a T-block policy lynch (Raziek, Kantrip) instead of scum hunting should be ashamed of themselves if they're Town.

3. RR has yet to provide a case on me and he keeps calling me scum. I'm laughing at the modkill request because no one that is Town would request a mod kill and potentially cause the game to end like this.

4. Kantrip is intolerable.

Sorry Town if this is the wrong choice, but I'm siding with T-block/Vlade. RR and Raziek are scum. That's my final stance.
The final line is really interesting to me. You sided with me, and then without my play changing you suddenly conclude toDay that I am the only player who can possibly be scum?

Read trading? Sounds fun.

I don't have a strong Town read on Vlade at the moment, more like PoE/nooby. He really doesn't scream scum to me. Eh. Damnit, rereading him is going to be a pain in the ***. I actually do understand why you feel the way you do about Vlade though in hindsight.

This game is starting to get stale and Town is just butting heads. I'm up for any form of progression at this point.

Vote: T-block

Sorry Broblock, everyone's getting bored and limiting it down to a 5 person lylo is probably wise.

INB4 Kantrip rages at me for pulling a 180.

Still want RR's case on me, but I don't think I'm gonna get it at this rate. :'(. Raziek is super lurky this game and it's upsetting. Vlade is Vlade. Kantrip is Kantrip.
Makes an inb4 call because he knows it is scummy to vote T-Block to "progress the game" after pushing for his belief that it would have been better to lynch someone else...

So those are my thoughts on Bardull. Evident lack of care about the consequences of his lynch targets, hammering overswarm and then claiming that he didn't know stuff about the unvote command, wifom between him and Nabe, poor reasoning in his case on Ryker, pushing for a lynch on someone other than T-Block yesterDay, sudden change in his stance on me toDay.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I just want to make it clear to everyone that we are not forced to lynch between Vlade and Bardull. We have an equal chance of getting scum, assuming it is TvS, by lynching someone else.

For me, Raziek/RR is the same scenario as Bardull/Vlade.

What Bardull's daring maneuver did is something that is dumb for town AND scum to do. As a result of his vote on Vlade and the subsequent cross, scumpicks have now been relegated into pairs. That means that if you get ONE TOWN READ, you also have a scum by Process of Elimination.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Bardull - Jake the Dog, VT
Raziek - Waving Snail, VT
Kantrip - Gunter, VT
Red Ruy - Tree Trunks, VT (Claimed D1 by KB)
Vlade - BMO, VT

2 remaining scum. Possible Combinations:

Bardull/Kantrip
Bardull/RR
Bardull/Vlade
Kantrip/Red Ruy
Kantrip/Vlade
Red Ruy/Vlade

Bardull and Vlade cross-voted. If 2 scum remaining, Game Over. This eliminates the Kantrip/Ruy pairing. Not willing to buy Bardull/Vlade, scratching that pairing.

Bardull/Kantrip
Bardull/RR
Kantrip/Vlade
Red Ruy/Vlade

Going back to D1...

i'm actually pretty sold on this KB lynch. i never really thought about it before, but their entire game sucks and it makes me writhe with pain.

Vote: Kosha Boy

if he's not scum i'll be so upset with both players in that hydra, not that i'm not already upset with them of course. i've looked over previous games of inferno and he should know better than to play the way he has been playing.

i'm sticking with this vote until day's end unless something super controversial happens.
This was at too crucial a point to risk a scummate's lynch. Removing Bardull/Ruy.

Bardull/Kantrip
Kantrip/Vlade
Red Ruy/Vlade

.... and then Bardull immediately unvotes. ****. Me.

Oh right, and then Bardull was ******** and quick-hammered OS.

Sorry I haven't been able to post since the day started, I've just moved to Japan and have been busy getting stuff organised.

While I agree that Nabe is scummy I think we'd be better off lynching someone on the OS bandwagon. The following people were on the wagon yesterDay: Radical Fiction, Vlade, J, Raziek, Sworddancer, Gorf, Bardull.

Obviously Gorf is out of the picture. Sworddancer is cleared provided someone can verify that they received an invention from him. So that leaves RF, myself, J, Raziek and Bardull.

Since Raziek is back I would rather hear more from him before inquiring further about him.

RF started the wagon and towards the end they gave me the impression that they wanted to lynch OS for the sake of being superior over a strong player rather than a legitimate scumread. They were on the same wavelength as Gorf for a lot of yesterDay, that might mean something but it'd be too much of a stretch to hypothesise upon it.

I originally thought J was town but his attention towards Nabe seems illogical for a townie imo. He presented his "nutshell case" on Nabe but there really isn't enough substance for a case on Nabe. He is diverting our attention away from the OS wagon when it is the OS wagon we need to be focusing on imo.

Not sure what to think of Bardull's "gambit". Either it's a cover-up for his hammer on OS or he really didn't know that unvotes aren't required. The rules have since been edited in the OP but I think I remember that when I read them for the first time that it wasn't clear whether unvotes are necessary, in fact I remember not being sure myself until I switched votes.

Vote: J

People are probably labeling me as insane now.
Vlade, if you're scum, this is the post that lost you the game.

Kantrip, I'm ready to vote Vlade.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Wait wait wait wait wait one damn minute, if we agree that Vlade is scum then I need to out my final reads cause I'm most likely dead toNight. I also want to respond to Vlade's case for fun.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It WAS pretty ********.

Bardull, ignore for the moment the possibility that in your mind, I could be scum.

Between Kantrip and RR, which is Vlade's partner?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It would have to be RR. I've been looking over Kantrip the entire game and he's just...I'll be so upset if it's him. Seriously. RR also reads me as scummier than Vlade when that's pretty much impossible and makes no sense. The KB slot was pretty damn scummy overall.

HOWEVER, I don't necessarily think that rules you out though. Like I said, I'm going to be posting reads on the three of you and how I think Town should go about this toMorrow.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That's it? Would've expected more from you, really. :|

Vlade said:
I noticed that Bardull has a tendency to shift the blame onto the lynchee as an inb4 for when he's wrong. If you're town, take responsibility and actually THINK about the possibility of them just being bad instead of going "oh he's scummy let's lynch him and if he flips town it's his fault". No, it doesn't work like that and only scum would think that way. Bardull did it toDay as well (as quoted below) and on several other occassions like when he said that "if J's scum, we're ****ed".
You're putting words in my mouth here. I didn't say that to shift the blame. I say that because it's the truth, and the truth needs to be said if anyone is supposed to learn from their mistakes. I'm still upset with myself that I hammered on OS. Huge fail on my part. The KB slot should be dead right now, but there's no going back on it now, heh.

It just shows that he lacks care in the consequences of his lynch targets, which reads scum to me.

So then Bardull hammers Overswarm, and then says this:
Right now you're presenting a case on ME as INDEFINITE SCUM, so having to restate your reasoning for presenting your evidence shows that you're uncertain about your own case, "which reads scum to me." This is an interesting lack of confidence that's noteworthy.

I find this EXTREMELY hard to buy and I cannot believe we let this slide. There is NO WAY that anyone can be that stupid. Towny intent? None. Scummy intent? Good way to cover up his hammering of our Jailer.
It's the truth. Nothing more, nothing less. To counter your wifom, I'll say that, as scum, I would not have been so blatantly obvious as to hammer OS in that fashion in such a wide open view. Lets not get into such "wine filled waters," as J put it, shall we?

Now after that WIFOM dumped by Nabe, Bardull comes in and makes an attempt to draw our attention away from what Nabe said and seems to make such a big deal about it. Now why would he feel the need to clarify this? Obviously he didn't want anyone looking back through Nabe's recent posts and deciphering the WIFOM that was set. I am finding it difficult to see any town incentive in this post. From a town perspective, this post just consists of fluff.
This is the most insane grasping I've ever seen LOL, dude are you kidding me? That was my attempt to END any and all discussion regarding Nabe's post. It has all the town motivation in the world since I was saying that Nabe's post was distracting and wasn't by any means productive for Town to talk about. I'm kind of at odds that you would try to illustrate that kind of connection with Nabe as an attempt by me to distract town, but the whole point of the post is so that Town ISN'T DISTRACTED BY THE POST WHATSOEVER. If I was trying to get Town to focus on something else other than scum hunting (i.e. talking about Nabe's post instead) THEN I would see your point. But the whole point of D2 was, if you're forgetting for some ODD reason, was to find Nabe's scum mates. I do not need to try and distract Town, lmao.

Bardull knew from the very beginning that by keeping me alive he'd eventually be able to convince other people that I'm scum. Of course, he has opted to keep me alive until lylo just like he promised.
I have nothing to say to this, other than that you're probably decent at writing stories, specifically fiction.

-Once again so concerned about lylo when it's only Day 2 - something only scum would really think about.
-Second bolded post shows a scum thought process - why would town need to explain how they cannot possibly be connected? That's something that's up to the other players to decide. Also the fact that he brushes it off as a joke is scummy.
It WAS a joke. Look at my and Nabe's interactions with each other. If we were actually scum together, that would be the dumbest thing in existence because we were basically at each other's throats and being ****s to each other. I called out Nabe D1 as a lynch target, and I got pretty nasty with him on D1 and D2. Look at these:

Keeping a LOT of options open as a potential scumbuddy for Nabe - blatantly scummy. Town would narrow it down to 1 or 2 potential scumbuddies.
Not intentional in the least.

We move onto Day 3 when Bardull plays his watcher gambit:

Ok, so there was some town intent for the gambit, but...

The town intent was fake. You don't "miss" my reaction when that is what you are fishing for. Scummy intent is evident since Bardull continues to bring up this 'gambit' as part of his 'town play' and why he shouldn't be lynched, when he completely disproved that town intent by showing his lack of actual care about my response to his gambit.
I did, in fact, miss your reaction. In hindsight though, now that I know you're scum, I'm not really sure how to read your reaction from my gambit. I have to look at this thoroughly again. Missing your post isn't a scum tell by any means, wtf?

Now we get to the Ryker lynch saga:

I was lazy at the time and didn't think very hard about this case, but now that I look back, it's ****, but I'm not going to be a hypocrite - it's not as bad as the cases I've made in this game. Bardull's ONLY premise for suspecting Ryker was the fact that Ryker claimed Jake the Dog when it was actually Bardull's character, and the answer to this is simple: No-one's going to believe Cinammon Bun as a watcher. Once this premise was disproven, this argument completely fell down the drain, yet he continued to push for the lynch when his reason for doing so was countered.
Gross exaggeration of my play, case against Ryker was legit because Ryker did not need to claim JTD for his gambit, this was a horrible misplay on his behalf and I gave him too much credit.

After Kantrip proved that Bardull was being stupid for not reading the game he says he makes cop-out by saying he won't talk to Kantrip and then tries to score townie points by bringing up the importance of scum hunting, when really we needed to lynch T-Block.
But...he didn't actually prove that I was stupid. Huh. Interesting.

The final line is really interesting to me. You sided with me, and then without my play changing you suddenly conclude toDay that I am the only player who can possibly be scum?
You're the only person that MUST be scum. The post Raziek refers to is the one that does, indeed, seal your fate.

Makes an inb4 call because he knows it is scummy to vote T-Block to "progress the game" after pushing for his belief that it would have been better to lynch someone else...
Putting words in my mouth here. T-block had to be Town fmpov no matter what, but I had to put my vote down for the sake of progression. I was so against it originally because T-block could have quick lynched me and ended the game as scum.

So those are my thoughts on Bardull. Evident lack of care about the consequences of his lynch targets, hammering overswarm and then claiming that he didn't know stuff about the unvote command, wifom between him and Nabe, poor reasoning in his case on Ryker, pushing for a lynch on someone other than T-Block yesterDay, sudden change in his stance on me toDay.
This was the worst case of all time. LOL.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@Vlade, you call this WIFOM? LOL!!!

if i had to fos one player aside from KB though, probably nabe. never really gave him much attention but i'm totally content letting him go. lots of sideline commentary/smart *** remarks but not much genuine contribution to town. not sure how he feels about anyone because he has never gone in depth regarding his own perception of any of the players. apparently he wants KB/me/and some others dead but he hasn't explained why.
hmmmmmmmmmmm. then this happens:

nabe what the hell are YOU doing? look at your post and ask yourself just how productive you're being this game. it's sad and embarrassing at best. aren't you like a dgames vet or something? why do i want to lynch you so badly?
Vote: BarDull
Scum obviously, gg
can anyone honestly tell me that this is SvS? seriously.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
also, like all of my interactions with nabe scream TvS. it's important to note though that he had little to no interactions with vlade, w-t-f?

anyway

question to vlade since this may yield helpful information to town:

if, hypothetically speaking, i actually was scum LOL and since supposedly you're "town," who would my final "scummate" be?

nabe/bardull/?

questions that i need to answer:

who is the final scummate with vlade and nabe?

i've been looking back at what has been said and i answered raziek's question too soon. it is possible that kantrip is scum, but i really need to look it over.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
like Vlade actually didn't put his vote down on kantrip during my gambit which totally ****ed me over because i thought he did for some reason. noobtownvlade would have put his vote on kantrip. however noobscumvlade didn't put his vote down on kantrip so i'm trying to read why he didn't. it's either he's scum with kantrip, or it's because he knew kantrip was innocent. not sure yet.

maaan i'll be so pissed if vlade isn't actually scum =(

anyway i have class but i'll BRB later toDay

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Vote Count
Vlade [1]: Bardull
Bardull [1]: Vlade

Kantrip [0]:
Red Ryu [0]:
Raziek [0]:

Not Voting: Kantrip, Red Ryu, Raziek

With 5 players alive, 3 votes are required for lynch.

Kantrip

Kantplay
"can anyone honestly tell me that this is SvS? seriously."

Easily. It could very easily be distancing. Please don't go down that WIFOM-y path.

I have a problem with Bardull's fence-sitting, contradictory behaviour, and whishy washiness. I have a problem with his TERRIBLY placed vote in this phase, and his premature hammer of OS. I don't like the posts where he talks about how "mad" he will be if something happens. I don't like how often Bardull writes off certain scenarios as "we already lost in this case". I also feel that a lot of Bardull's behaviour is TOO anti-town to be an accident by virtue of his nature in mafia. His attitude and pessimism and antagonistic nature is a horrible drawback, and if he is town then it accounts for a large hole in my play, especially, and probably in a lot of town's. However, he could be scum faking it.
When I play on epicmafia I notice scum uses a LOT of AtE and anger. With the short phases on that site, there is less time for questions and scumhunting and more time to go off of FoS's that are based on behaviour.
Then there's the case of his "unlynchable" persona, and how often he's flipped at people for their points against him. Several times Bardull has said something about having a more town game than the majority of the players, when that is simply not true. "Asking questions and being active" isn't always an accurate indicator.

Vlade is a different case. I feel like I've made my spiel against him and his strange behaviour wrt the Nabe wagon and basically just a lot of his play in general.

Red Ryu and Vlade gunning for Bardull.
Raziek and Bardull gunning for Vlade.

The question then becomes for me... are one of these the scumteam? If so, which one?

I am definitely going to reread the game again before deciding.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Easily. It could very easily be distancing. Please don't go down that WIFOM-y path.
Interesting that you tell me not to go down that wifomy path when Vlade's entire argument is composed of, dare I say it, wifom?

I have a problem with Bardull's fence-sitting, contradictory behaviour, and whishy washiness. I have a problem with his TERRIBLY placed vote in this phase, and his premature hammer of OS. I don't like the posts where he talks about how "mad" he will be if something happens. I don't like how often Bardull writes off certain scenarios as "we already lost in this case". I also feel that a lot of Bardull's behaviour is TOO anti-town to be an accident by virtue of his nature in mafia. His attitude and pessimism and antagonistic nature is a horrible drawback, and if he is town then it accounts for a large hole in my play, especially, and probably in a lot of town's. However, he could be scum faking it.
This whole paragraph is a bunch of garbage. I don't care if you have a problem with something I've done, or if you don't like my play. Show me why it's scummy, and show me why my play is scummier than Vlade's. I will be analyzing your entire thought process prior to your vote, I assure you, so be very, very careful what you do, kiddo.

When I play on epicmafia I notice scum uses a LOT of AtE and anger. With the short phases on that site, there is less time for questions and scumhunting and more time to go off of FoS's that are based on behaviour.
Then there's the case of his "unlynchable" persona, and how often he's flipped at people for their points against him. Several times Bardull has said something about having a more town game than the majority of the players, when that is simply not true. "Asking questions and being active" isn't always an accurate indicator.
You continue to prove that you are bad. Not addressing this paragraph. I'm clearly not unlynchable. Don't be stupid. I don't think I should be lynched. That's the difference. I'm not like OS. I've actually been PLAYING the game.

Vlade is a different case. I feel like I've made my spiel against him and his strange behaviour wrt the Nabe wagon and basically just a lot of his play in general.
Huh. Interesting. I'd love for you to elaborate on this post if and when you have the time, Kantrip.

Red Ryu and Vlade gunning for Bardull.
Raziek and Bardull gunning for Vlade.

The question then becomes for me... are one of these the scumteam? If so, which one?

I am definitely going to reread the game again before deciding.
Why'd you even say this?

You're not out of the equation yet, you sus bag.

While I try to draw connections for the second scum, I would like everyone's opinion, INCLUDING VLADE'S, as to who they think the second scum is. I actually want them to PICK someone and explain why that player is scum with evidence.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Also, I'm going to be here all night, so if anyone has any questions for me, shoot. I'll be rereading and making my final cases.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Don't threaten me with how closely you'll be watching my thought process before I vote. To be honest, I won't care by that point, and I've got nothing to be afraid of so I don't know why you'd say that.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm saying it because I will tear you down if you make even the slightest contradiction in your thought process. If you're Town, feel free to ignore it, if you're scum, you will die. Plain and simple.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Pretty dumb thing to say then. Better course of action would obviously be not to say anything and to let my case speak for itself. Saying stuff like that can only influence scum.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Also, in the words of OS, if I was playing "spot the fallacy" as a drinking game, I would have had to replace three livers (yes, I'd have to replace my liver three times) by the time I was finished reading your posts in this game.

Kantrip

Kantplay
How's that? Pretty falicious, right? I've been working on it.

Hey Bardull, what would you do if I just decided to start tunneling you and let RR and Vlade lynch you with my help?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
How's that? Pretty falicious, right? I've been working on it.

Hey Bardull, what would you do if I just decided to start tunneling you and let RR and Vlade lynch you with my help?
It was painful to read.

Also, falicious isn't a word. Did you mean fallacious? And, if by the definition of fallacious, you are implying that your retort was disappointing, then I completely agree.

I would blame you for losing Town the game, and I would move on to participating more in G3S, god knows they miss me there. I've been more focused on this game though since it's much more important, but the other game has a more interesting player base that doesn't have you in it.

Top Bottom