• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Swiss mad cus of Community. Maybe some other future game OS modded /played with him in that I'm unaware of.

Swiss you can explain to me 1,001 times why you lynched OS, that's not the problem. The problem is is that I find your reasoning weak and insignificant. The problem is that I think it was a bad idea to lynch an inactive on Day 1, and the fact that he was one of your stronger picks is quite worrisome to me. The problem is that Ryker gunning for the lynch of an inactive is uncharacteristic of him. The problem is that you tried to throw a bucket of WIFOM FUD on me earlier toDay. The problem is that your scumpicks have been incorrect, and that I can't buy your explanation of Asdioh scum.

Now, I know I have one of you/TB as scum, but for entirely different reasons. Your reasons are very odd to me. You cite meta and "manipulation" on Asdioh's part. Besides the fact that meta is unreliable and yours especially is questionable (since when was Asdioh ever aloof as town? You saw him Britches and hoes, he DEFINITELY was NOT aloof there), I have seen no just "manipulation" on Asdioh's part. I saw week scumhunting from Asdioh. I've seen questionable reads from Asdioh, but I have not seen any manipulation from Asdioh. Perhaps I am seeing the same thing that you're seeing, and I'm just interperting it diffferently, but in any case you're def gonna have to point it out to me.

You retroactively calling his last posts townie obviously does nothing for me, btw. As it shouldn't.

J, the reasoning I see RF as scum is above. However, you cite Nabe attacking RF "superficially" as reasoning for why they are not scum together. From the 15 pages that I've reskimmed through, I do not remember this tbh. However, I would interpret that AS evidence that Nabe and RF are scum together. Superficial attacks on players are signs of careful bussing, especially if the attack is inconsistent with how Nabe treated others throughout the game. Now J, I know that when you bus you go balls to the walls attack my partner back and forth for like, 5 pages crazy, but please realize not everyone plays scum like you. Lots of people are very careful with how they encounter their teammates, and Nabe could totally be one of them.

Also, it's worth mentioning that RF wavered on Nabe earlier, having created a potential backdoor. Not a connection in itself, but there's potential there nevertheless.

Also another thing, in that "big" RF post that I quoted, RF had Nabe as town, despite how little Nabe has done the entire game up until that point. Not only that, but RF actually did quote one of Nabe's post (you can't see it in my post, so click on the link) were he called Nabe's scumpicks "bad." The fact that RF was able to form a town read on Nabe at that point, despite the fact that he hadn't done anything, as well as the fact that RF thought Nabe had poor scumpicks, sets off alarms for me.

#HBC | Dancer

I would like to go into Asdio/TB some more.

My main concerns with Asdioh is the fact that he wasn't super obvious townie (yes, that's a reason not to like him for me), the fact that he went out of his way to make these WIFOM posts about connection and set up speculation rather then simply, well, scumhunting, and the fact that he actually had OS as town for awhile (seriously, wtf? He could be null at best, and nothing more). However, I waver on TB's slot because there is aklso somethings that asdioh did that I don't like from Asdioh scum. He made friends with people (like Gorf, always a townie move), and he was attacking RF by the end of the Day. Feels like a risky move for a scum Asdioh to make. I do believe that he wasn't going super strong on RF (he hopped on the OS wagon by Days end, stating that he'll focus more on RF Day 2 (bleh)), but that has to count for something. TB hasn't really done anything for me up until this point. Overall I waver on his slot, but I just feel more strongly about the case against RF, so I have to go with him toDay.

Probs need to reskim over Asdioh's posts to see the connection J was talking about.

Also, I didn't mention this in my last post, but the one townie thing that RF DID do was realize that J was a PR, and tried to keep J from claiming it. Of course if RF was scum and realized this, he could of just been doing this for town points, while still telling his scumteam the PR he pciked up on, but I gotta give him credti where credit is due.

#HBC | Dancer

J said:
1984 is a fantastic book and I loved reading it. The ending however was just sooooo just no want. ;_;
What was it that you didn't like about the ending? Was it the fact that the
torture they use to get the protagonist to crack was weak,
or something else?

#HBC | Dancer

Just got a prod which means Ryker isn't posting - which is the only reason I'm posting now.

I need a synopsis from my last post (which was around the Nabe put by J). (Each player post from your own POV)

Can I get everyone's full reads & read lists. I don't care if you think that's scummy. Post them. Any other claims?

Not reponsible of a hydra to be so inactive, work + being away all weekend + friends needing me last night means I haven't read anything. What day are we on?
I understand that you've been busy, but please read. I've questioned you over who you would pick to lynch between RR's slot and Kantrip. Answer that, BEFORE the Day ends.

Also, another question RF.

After TB, who's next? Pretend that I didn't ask you might last question when answering this one. You had town reads on both RR and Kantrip. Obviously TB is not the last scum, so who else will you be looking at?

#HBC | Dancer

@ Swords and RR.

Like we've said multiple times, we attacked OS not because he's a ****, but because he was not playing how we excpected him to as town. We expected him to try and be useful, he did not attempt this to our mind. This was solidified when nearer his lynch he spent most of his time setting himself up as the martyr lynched by a 'bad town'.

At the end, when it was his lynch or a No Lynch, his posts read town to us. We decided to lynch him anyway.

I do not expect to have to explain this again, as we have made it clear on multiple occasions. My persoanl dislike of people playing like pricks had nothing to do with my initial opush on him, nor my continued stance.
To be clear, this:

I sort of noticed this as well.

His push in general seemed more personal than logical, D2 posts relating to it supports this.
was not my thought. I even later posted evidence in FAVOR of you. I was skimming through your Day 1 posts to see if you guys actually ever said that you were lynching OS for the reasons you stated toDay, which I found you had. Not that that keeps that reasoning from being weak, though.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Swiss' long post.

I do not get at all why you are asking Nabe these questions at all because they will lead us nowhere good. =/ Do you actually believe he will give his truthful opinion on TB/Asdioh and asking about Indy Swords. *Why are you trying to introduce indy WIFOM without any evidence that there is an indy yet by the by? It only brings about FUD towards Sword's slot*
****** post.

I skimmed and saw no such thing.

Why you lying to me?
Don't see scum RR not calling this in this way.

Kantrip VS RR painful to read. Get good. Kantrip was right more. RR be my friend anyway. You were both being obtuse. I hate obtuse people.

Wait, where did my slot claim? I haven't read that.
This is why the whole thing was useless.

Innocent.

Skiming through the thread, looking through the posts pf POIs, and this caught my eye:

J, we need to talk sometime out of game. 1984 was a great book, I have no idea wtf you're talking about.
God, 1984 is a good book - but can we get off each others ****s about it? Sick of seeing posts about it purely because someone clearly read it recently and wanted to look smart (inb4itwasanenglihclassnotpersonalchocie) Orwell did write other books - imo better.

Sword's it is "Occam's razor". Fs.

/getting irritated by dumb ****.

@J: Can you explain that connection you saw between Kanty and Nabe in more detail? Perhaps quote a post or two? I really want to judge this on my own.
What an odd thought process. I want to do this solo...but J...do the work for me.

No seriously, why I don't get things like this:

Where did this come from?

How did you reach this conclusion?
/Ryker

Red Ryu, are your scumpicks taking Nabescum into account? Do you think Bardull and RF are likely partners with Nabe?
Why 3 scum?

actually i disagree

less sold on kantrip being scum now

but i'm actually quite convinced of RR's slot being scum.

maybe you could elaborate on your stances here?
How?

Towntells all over his posts

we just remembered Swords was Sang, and Sang was town. So nvm if I openly said he was scum. /ignoring Swords' posts from here on.

ok, so i looked through all of nabe's posts, and i've noticed a couple things.

1. has a weird town read on kantrip, so kantrip/nabe team is possible. eh. i really want to see kantrip's flip but my gut read is that kantrip is just really bad town, no one can possibly be so anti town and so blatantly scummy as him. i would lynch kantrip in a lylo situation with just about anyone else though.

2. t-block/nabe scum team is possible, but unlikely fmpov atm.

3. nabe tried to deter the OS lynch and push the KB lynch, but he was being fake obv. town. i actually don't feel like a KB/nabe team is in existence.

4. never interacts with vlade. vlade puts his vote on nabe at one point, but nabe doesn't respond to vlade's vote like he did to asdioh/t-block.

also, earlier in D2, vlade clearly tries to change the bandwagon from nabe to someone on the OS wagon (J) because he feels that "nabe is scummy, but there are more scummy lynch targets." nabe never points out the flaws in vlade's play like he did to, for example, myself/kantrip/t-block. this is a weird disconnect between vlade and nabe that bothers me substantially. now, i understand people may think i'm tunneling vlade and vlade is seemingly obvious town, BUT there's a lot that hints to vlade/nabe scum team more so than anyone else, at least imho.

5. definitely not scum with me LOL, if i was scum with nabe that would be so funny XD

6. J/nabe scum team would be hilarious, but only a !% chance of this actually being the case.

7. raziek gave an easy vote on nabe toDay. this goes in accordance with raz's typical play so far. don't see raz/nabe team as very likely. it's possible though.

8. haven't REALLY looked into RF/nabe interactions, but it seems like typical play from RF. this is a pretty neutral relationship, seems like TvS.
Intense dislike.

on second thought, scratch that, i don't know what to think of nabe/kanty scum team. blagh. it's 50/50. i'd be willing to support kanty lynch if that's what town wanted.

swords/nabe seems unlikely since swords reads mega town to me.

does anyone else feel the same way about vlade/nabe as i do, or am i just drifting in a dark, dark tunnel? XD

What an odd time delay.

Leans scum.

Kantrip town

Vlade down to null

Swords town

J town

RR town

i think RF might be most likely. raz is always a possibility ofc.

i need to reread vlade and what bardull said about vlade. had him as a town lean before, but idk if i can still be sure of that.
Keeping too many options open.

At various points in the game:

Nabe: People with town reads on me, stop it.

RF: People with town reads on us, keep them.

This is obviously scum partners trying a polarizing technique for ultimate distancing! :awesome:
Laughed IRL

No-one given any solid reason as to why our slot is scummy.

J playing well.

You caught me Kantrip. I must be scum. >_>;;

But to be perfectly honest,
I have to write an essay about the book "Persuasion" by Jane Austen, specifically regarding how one of the characters (Anne Elliot) thinks and interrelates with others. My thesis will probably be something along the lines of "Anne Elliot over analyzes everyone she meets on a consistent basis, but she can't seem to make personal judgment calls when necessary." Then I'd go into something probably like "examples of her over analysis, as well as her inability to make judgment calls for herself, can be seen clearly in her interrelations with Captain Wentworth, a man whom she loves very dearly.

So to answer your question Kantrip, I CAN'T WRITE A BIG ****ING POST RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I HAVE A LIFE.

Sheesh.
Scumtell in thought process imo

Vote: RF
Vote: Kantrip
Vote: Red Ryu
Vote: Vlade
Vote: J...?
bussing
I am a huge fan of your post-J-claim play.

@Players: Nabe is at L-2, make sure he is lynched today please since it is the deadline. =D Swords can't vote and Nabe's scum so we need one of the other people to vote him.

@RF: I guess I can appease ya.

Town: J/Swords/Bardull/Vlade
Leaning Town: RF/RR
Null: Raz
Leaning Scum: Kanty/T-B
Appreciated.

yes/yes/how/understandable
me/yes
understand
how/yes

Oh! Thanks, I knew I had forgotten something.

We didn't touch Swords last Night.
^ More important than most of his other posts combined.

/skimmed Swords posts just above. Don't care. You're misunderstanding far too much and I simply have neither the time 'nor effort to set you straight. Skype me post-game.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Ryker's Not As Long Post:

i actually didn't like RR's response to it though... whether RR called kantrip's gambit or whether he actually skimmed doesn't matter - fact is he knew it was a lie, and either way, he is able to identify it as a gambit. so, why does he ask the question "why are you lying?".

response, RR?
Reach much?

~~~~~~~~~~`

Kantrip: RR's town. Look elsewhere. You're reaching to try and force it. You're literally calling him scum because he asked "Why are you lying to me" in response to a fake cop guilty. It's null, not scummy.

~~~~~~~~~~

To expand on why I'm liking RR over Kantrip toMorrow, skimming through the thread, I find (again) that Kantrip has been doing A LOT of scumhunting, it's just that he's terrible about it. KB on the otherhand played it way too safe for my liking, with safe stances and safe construction of posts. On top of that, I kinda don't like Nabe as scum with Kantrip. Nabe's 391 has Kantrip as that town read just because Kantrip provided a summary of the game to him. It's really quite a weak reason to like someone, so I suppose a scum Kantrip/Nabe could of set up some epic WIFOM mess for town to deal with down the road, but occum's razor saids naught. Considering how Nabe tried to set himself up for townie points upon OS's mislynch (at least that's what I'm assuming he was doing), it's totally possible that he was doing the same thing with Kantrip, given the general animosity that people felt towards KAntrip at the time.

On top of all this, I haven't really found KB to be approaching Nabe, like, at all. Can't remember if Nabe approached him though. Given the fact that, when KB does post, he did call out some people, I would call this a potential connection.
WIFOM mess that runs in a circle. Correct read on Kantrip. Terrible reaching conclusion on KB.

~~~~~~~~

12. Radical Fiction - why was there a town read on my slot?
Dumb town, IIRC. V/LA and IQ hindered the slot, but when they were there they were looking to help. Similar to Kantrip in that they were bad, but in the right place. PoE and your play helps bolster that read at this point.

~~~~~~~

but i'm actually quite convinced of RR's slot being scum.

maybe you could elaborate on your stances here?
RR's play helped you reach that conclusion definitively?

~~~~~~~~

@RF, TB, vlade: I want your opinions of Kantrip/RR. Which one is scummy, and by extension, which one would you vote toMorrow?
They're both town.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Gah, wtf, I was prodded? I could've sworn I posted in the last 48 hours...blah. Well, for what it's worth, I'm just waiting on that post from J. I've pretty much said all that I've needed to say so far X3.

Current stance: KEEL NABE!

Possible Nabe scum mates - Vlade, RR, Kantrip, RF, TB, Raz

Don't like Vlade (probably massive tunneling on my part though), wish Raz would post more, Kantrip is Kantrip (I don't get the feeling that Kanty/Nabe is a scum team though for some reason...), RR has done an ok job of cleaning up after KB, but that slot is pretty much doomed (it's really just a coin toss for me between Kanty/RR flip for tomorrow, this could change based on flips though), I sort of get the feeling one of RF/TB is scum with Nabe but they both seem town to me (haven't seen or heard from RF though, wtf?)

Yeah that's pretty much it. Hurry up J! :3
Disgusting. Keeping your options open save for the two claimed PRs.

~~~~~~~~~

Things of note: Asdioh/TBlock is ****ing scum. He needs to die.

Kantrip vs. RR is TvT.

Bardull is no leaning scum for me.

Raz and Vlade are null. They house the last scum erring my Bardull read. There is no room for error with TBlock/Asdioh.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
RF said:
yes/yes/how/understandable
me/yes
understand
how/yes
Bardull is town because he is n00b town that is actually doing things and trying to break down his through process on things. Plus his "gambit" with OS smelled of town trying to be clever.

Kanty, I've explained in full but either he is the most scummy/applicable scum-mate for Nabe or just really really really silly town.

Swords said:
Now J, I know that when you bus you go balls to the walls attack my partner back and forth for like, 5 pages crazy, but please realize not everyone plays scum like you.
Lol? Swords I know this and it's not at all what I base my scum connections on. =P Also we will talk post about 1984 or via PM.

Guuuuys, we need to lynch Nabe toNight. There are only 5 hours left in the Day Phase.

#HBC | Dancer

RF, if you're not going to tell me why I'm wrong, then I have no reason to believe I'm wrong. Post game is hardly the proper time for that conversation.

Also, answer my question, after TB, who are you looking at next? Bardul? Come on, commit yourself.

Also, reminder towards everyone that we need 2 more votes for the lynch, and deadline is only a bit more than three hours from now. So chop chop, get to it.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Vote Count
Nabe [4]: J, T-block, Radical Fiction, Vlade
Radical Fiction [1]:
J [1]: Nabe
Bardull: [0]
Kantrip [0]:
T-block [0]:
Vlade [0]:
Raziek [0]:
Red Ryu [0]:
Sworddancer [0]:

Not Voting: Bardull, Red Ryu, Sworddancer, Kantrip, Raziek

With 10 players alive, 6 votes are required for lynch.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Rad Fic said:
Kantrip: RR's town. Look elsewhere. You're reaching to try and force it. You're literally calling him scum because he asked "Why are you lying to me" in response to a fake cop guilty. It's null, not scummy.
Point taken and inclined to agree, actually. There's a reason I'm worried about toMorrow being focused on RR vs Kantrip. Seems like a waste of a Day when T-block is a much more conclusive lynch to me. Then there's Raziek.

I disagree with Vlade moving down to null. Could you briefly explain this please?

Bardull I understand but I think he is just being really really dumb. He is the cancer of town at the moment.

Kantrip

Kantplay
J please stop calling me silly/dumb whatever. It's not helping town or your efforts to scumhunt.

If you think I am scum or dumb town, do something to try to decide one. If rereading hasn't worked, ask me questions, pretend you have a dayvig as part of your abilities and "shoot" me, do whatever you want to figure it out, but no need to keep talking about it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J please stop calling me silly/dumb whatever. It's not helping town or your efforts to scumhunt.

If you think I am scum or dumb town, do something to try to decide one. If rereading hasn't worked, ask me questions, pretend you have a dayvig as part of your abilities and "shoot" me, do whatever you want to figure it out, but no need to keep talking about it.
That was the first time I called you silly because the rest of the time, I'm been pretty clear on calling you scum. =P

I do have a vig-shot though so hmm interesting notion. Or do I? =3 However, I doubt I'll use it toNight because I hate shooting on my own notions.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Interesting.

As a partner, could have not voted and hoped for a NL off the pretense that he hasn't been here anyways.
That he hammered could be an attempt to look townie and champion it out, which would hinge on their other mate (if applicable) being already suspected.

WIFOM, but interesting nonetheless.

Just remembered that RF asked why I'm thinking three mafia. Gut based on my interpretation of Nabe's WIFOM.

Kantrip

Kantplay
J sounding strange lately.

I've got my eye on you, J.

Vlade you won't be so supertown toMorrow so I expect things from you please.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@ Swords and RR.

Like we've said multiple times, we attacked OS not because he's a ****, but because he was not playing how we excpected him to as town. We expected him to try and be useful, he did not attempt this to our mind. This was solidified when nearer his lynch he spent most of his time setting himself up as the martyr lynched by a 'bad town'.

At the end, when it was his lynch or a No Lynch, his posts read town to us. We decided to lynch him anyway.

I do not expect to have to explain this again, as we have made it clear on multiple occasions. My persoanl dislike of people playing like pricks had nothing to do with my initial opush on him, nor my continued stance.
I'll reread that interaction with this in mind.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I want to see me VS Red Ryu play out tomorrow because I feel I need more out of that slot at the moment, but I don't agree with lynching between the two. I want Night Actions on Raziek and a lynch on T-block, ideally.
Why the change here from earlier thoughts?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'll be honest, I don't remember what earlier thoughts refers to. Did I want to lynch you pretty badly earlier?

Our conversation made you look town-ish to me. I'd say you're in the null section overall.

RF wanted some reads, too? May as well.

Swords
J
Vlade
Radical Fiction

Bardull
Red Ryu

Raziek
T-block

Nabe

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Scumtell in thought process imo
i have never been more embarrassed for someone after reading their reads on me. :|

that was a joke post if it wasn't blatantly evident XD. and i'm not keeping my options open; i really ****ing don't know who is scum with nabe. liking raz a bit more for the hammer since chances are nabescum may not have been hammered today without raz's vote but raz NEEDS to do more.

i'm starting to dislike you and your reads rf. :|

inb4omgus

Top Bottom