• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Although not appreciative of the mentioning of an ongoing scenario, Gorf noted the vast amount of colours. 'Sure, Nabe has a fine position in town right now,' Gorf thought, 'But those COLOURS.'
The strange little man, with his delusions of grandeur and lack of grammar, has apparently decided to sit down and go fishing. What could he possibly hope to gain by outing the posting restriction of another? Surely he couldn't be trying to out a town power role already. The Fiction was not convinced that his disciple's motives were pure any longer.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
The Fiction obviously didn't realize that Gorf had come out recently, stating that he is bisexual, and had made a joke regarding his sexuality. 'An innocent lapse of ignorance,' Gorf concluded.

#HBC | Gorf

Pressure in Kantrip's direction is good, and in this direction as well.

Vote: Scumbag J
Upon second glance, Gorf noticed that Nabe hadn't put his vote on a player that Gorf felt deserved pressure, and apparently, one that Nave felt deserved pressure as well. "Why is J of the scumbags?" Gorf wondered, especially when it was clear that there are other players that had done worse than cast an RVS vote to a personal friend.

Vlade

Social Outcast
What are your feelings on players who aren't speaking in prose?
So far the only non-prose, non-rvs posts have been made by myself, yourself, Kantrip and Raziek. I have null reads on you and Raziek, and a leaning scum read on Kantrip, hence my vote is on him. Why? He is guilty of the same basis that he is voting me on.

2. Vlade - What do you think of the wagon forming on you? Why are your scumpicks lacking?
I think it is...intriguing to say the least. I look forward to seeing who else jumps on.

As for your second question, I have one scumpick, so I'm not 'lacking' any to say the least considering we are still in the early stages of the game. You seem to have a lot of your attention on me, yet I have not seen you suggest any other possible scumpicks. If only one scumpick is considered to be 'lacking', then I believe that it's a bit rich for that question to be coming from you.

The idea of yet another person voicing their opinion on Gorf's style of posting perplexed him. Why would Mr. Vlade find it necessary to voice this opinion when there was plenty of other things that he, as a townie, should be worried about?

"What care is it of yours?" Gorf inquired. "Besides, you get to see quite a bit of thought and content if you logically read it." Gorf braced himself to look intently at Mr. Vlade, but felt it more necessary to decode Kantrip.
When people post in that prose-style I think it makes it difficult to get reads on them, at least for me it is. I am gradually becoming accustomed to this style of posting though.

So why Kantrip over me?

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
So far the only non-prose, non-rvs posts have been made by myself, yourself, Kantrip and Raziek. I have null reads on you and Raziek, and a leaning scum read on Kantrip, hence my vote is on him. Why? He is guilty of the same basis that he is voting me on.
This just isn't good enough. I already have two solid town reads. One not as solid town read. Two players who I have my eyes on. And two solid scum reads.

RVS posts are not a label that makes them useless. You seem to want to sweep information under the rug.

I think it is...intriguing to say the least. I look forward to seeing who else jumps on.

As for your second question, I have one scumpick, so I'm not 'lacking' any to say the least considering we are still in the early stages of the game. You seem to have a lot of your attention on me, yet I have not seen you suggest any other possible scumpicks. If only one scumpick is considered to be 'lacking', then I believe that it's a bit rich for that question to be coming from you.
Interesting stance seeing as I have voiced a problem with three people in this thread. Why are you so desperate to say, "He is guilty as well," instead of "I'm not guilty," or even "I'm guilty, let me fix that."

Vlade

Social Outcast
This just isn't good enough. I already have two solid town reads. One not as solid town read. Two players who I have my eyes on. And two solid scum reads.

RVS posts are not a label that makes them useless. You seem to want to sweep information under the rug.
What is there to gain from the RVS posts?

Interesting stance seeing as I have voiced a problem with three people in this thread. Why are you so desperate to say, "He is guilty as well," instead of "I'm not guilty," or even "I'm guilty, let me fix that."
You have voiced problems with people playing anti-town, but not problems with them being scum.

#HBC | Gorf

Gorf was surprisingly more okay with Vlade after his most recent post, noting how obvious it seemed that he has had some genuine confusion with the prose-style of posting that both Gorf and the Fiction had utilized. Seeing his genuine attempt at moving on from what will obviously not change, yet still stumbling made Gorf question if the Fiction still saw evil in him.

"It's been stated why I feel Kantrip is moreso evil over you," Gorf began. "Aside from the previous accusations I made against him, at the time of that quote I felt you might be of a certain evil, but that Kantrip was of a more evil that stopped others from performing their duties as townies. You had just decided to drill a point that needed no drilling, and hell, you've grown from that point and now seem to be looking for evil in a genuine manner."

It was apparent to Gorf that Vlade had quite a good grasp on the flow of the game, and just wasn't necessarily ready for the zaniness that the land of DGames provides.

Kosha Boy

Smash Rookie
This narration/3rd person crap makes things ... interesting to read.

10. Kosha Boy (John2k4/Inferno3044) - Which PR do you think we should have claim D1 (obviously not doc!) and then follow with a confirmed townie?
Why in the world would a PR claim D1?

With that...I'd say Cop, but only if they had guilty & were 100% sure they were sane or something. Otherwise all my thoughts say that PR claim D1 would be a terrible idea.

As for townies, I'm getting some town vibe from Kantrip right now.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
9. Raziek - I think it's safe to assume you're not a VT?
What brings you to this conclusion?
Raziek, join us.

Vote with unity,
Win with purity.
Now why would I do that?
Ok..... now I'm feeling it a bit more. You already hit it for me, but that deflection was gross.

Vlade, make a case on Kantrip.
town vibe

Explain. inb4"justavibe"

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
J and Sang both had 1 RVS post.
Vote: J

I don't know if I've said this or not but this is going to be my ritual for any game I'm in with you.
Vote: SangfroidWarrior

Riiiiight back atcha. =P
If I had to vig one of the two based on those posts alone, I'd choose Sang. Why? Despite the fact that her RVS justification really wasn't that long, it was still too wordy. Like she's defending herself already. J's just like "lol k"
@Raziek: you disagree?
This narration/3rd person crap makes things ... interesting to read.

Why in the world would a PR claim D1?

With that...I'd say Cop, but only if they had guilty & were 100% sure they were sane or something. Otherwise all my thoughts say that PR claim D1 would be a terrible idea.

Scummate detected.
FoS: Kosha Boy up in that ho

@Gorf: I saw your crumb.

@Badical Diction: you think I got town again huh?

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
@Badical Diction: you think I got town again huh?
Town again? Then you'd be my friend. Get scum once you ought, but..what's this? He speaks my thought.

If I had to vig one of the two based on those posts alone, I'd choose Sang. Why? Despite the fact that her RVS justification really wasn't that long, it was still too wordy. Like she's defending herself already. J's just like "lol k"
My other half...the fiction which quoth the curious diction - do you see what I see?

Do you feel as I feel?

Standing tall at the forefront of his ship, Swiss gazed across the seas. Captaining this vessel took effort, a sheer struggle. His payload was retribution, his cargo justice. A crew was required, the Argonauts. Flanking him was his man at arms, the great Asdioh. Swiss looked deep into his eyes, relinquishing much hidden emotion, a glimpse of his tortured soul

"I cannot do this without you, too numerous are the fools, too great the dangers. I cannot promise you will live through this, I cannot promise you shall ever see land again. Yet your children, and your children's children shall walk safe."

Turning as if to war to Gods themselves, Swiss knew he would meet his watery grave. But would Asdioh remain loyal to righteous retribution? Would this holy task be left in the depths?

"You may kill the crew, but you cannot stop a ghost ship!"

Startling awake the figure sat up in his chair. Was this his memory? What happened to the brave captain? Becoming lost in the fog of sorrow, the figure soon forgot of his dream...but still, a spark remained.
Once again - Asdioh at Swiss' side, chest puffed with pride, look into my eyes...

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

@Raziek: you disagree?
In fact, I do! Singling out Sang here based purely on post length is bogus. If anything, I'd single out J for returning the vote, giving both of them a guilt free place to park.

:phone:

Kosha Boy

Smash Rookie
10. Kosha Boy (John2k4/Inferno3044) - Which PR do you think we should have claim D1 (obviously not doc!) and then follow with a confirmed townie?
I'd rather have no PR claim D1, but if we had to I would want it to be an investigative role that's weaker than a cop. Maybe a tracker. As for confirmed townie, I'm going with Gorf right now.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Deflection.

Sickening.
yeahhhh
Short answer @your 75 is No. Long answer is Yes, if the cop is someone who's going to otherwise *****, screw things up, or get in my way as a result of not being able to read me.

Upon second glance, Gorf noticed that Nabe hadn't put his vote on a player that Gorf felt deserved pressure, and apparently, one that Nave felt deserved pressure as well. "Why is J of the scumbags?" Gorf wondered, especially when it was clear that there are other players that had done worse than cast an RVS vote to a personal friend.
Since J's only made one post, it's very reasonable that you don't understand the need for pressure.

Why did RadFic's accusation of deflection prompt you to reexamine my posts?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman

Why should I try to defend myself against an RVS vote? There is no purpose. And, what signifies as "too wordy"? Why do you not attack Gorf and Fiction for this exact thing, because, if you are looking for posts that are straight and to the point, those are not it. And, thank you for pointing out I have one post. I had not noticed. Another thing, why are you posting about vigs already so early in the game? so early in the Day? It makes no sense to me.

As such, I'm not liking Kantrip as he's been so jumpy and bandwagony. In fact, I dislike anyone on the Vlade wagon and would like an explanation as, at the moment, I don't see much. Yes, some deflecting, but I've seen enough of that from town to know it's not a scumtell.

Kosha, if you don't think that a PR should claim D1, why did you answer? Did you not consider that that question might simply be coming from scum wonderring what PR's might be there and who they could be?

Asdioh, do you think one of J or I are scum, or are you just wanting one or both of us dead?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Grr. There was more to that last post that I forgot to add. Here it is.

Raziek and Gorf are both clearly town because of their lime green text.
And are you scum because you're text is white?

What are your feelings on players who aren't speaking in prose?
Who is this directed to?

11. SangfroidWarrior - You have a bad habit of standing in the shadows until it's too late to make a difference, are you going to rectify this or waste another game?
Depends on what you mean by wasting another game. We'll see whether or not I rectify this "bad habit" of mine.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Why should I try to defend myself against an RVS vote? There is no purpose. And, what signifies as "too wordy"? Why do you not attack Gorf and Fiction for this exact thing, because, if you are looking for posts that are straight and to the point, those are not it. And, thank you for pointing out I have one post. I had not noticed. Another thing, why are you posting about vigs already so early in the game? so early in the Day? It makes no sense to me.
The Fiction was baffled.

Why did the young lady seem so
determined to rid herself of any responsibility for a post that she herself had made? It was as if she were afraid. No, perhaps not afraid. Perhaps she was determined to make her post inconsequential. Once more, he pondered one of his own tenants. 'The label of RVS never makes information useless.'

What was this young lady's problem with questions that provoke stances and further discussion? Talk of vigs is almost never bad. She was a queer one indeed.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
1. Overswarm - Full thoughts on every player. How's the weather?
2. Vlade - What do you think of the wagon forming on you? Why are your scumpicks lacking?
3. J - Are you going to be pathetic and AtE, or play properly?
4. Bardull - Hear you might be smart, who are you, where do you come from? Do you agree with everyone that Vlade is scum? Would you rather vig Vlade (looking scummy) or J (gone inactive), if you had to, right now.
5. Asdioh - We're worried you may appear too obvtown and die N1, how about you play more conservatively? (Opinion?)
6. Nabe - Since you're tricky to read, do you want to offer to be copped toNight?
7. Kantrip - As I said in Britches, you're not as good as think you are. Don't get cocky. D1 and D2 you can default to our reads - but after that you have to stand solo. Opinion?
8. Gorf - Get off my posting style. Nothing to say to you because you're town. Always wagon my picks but feel free to push your own with words.
9. Raziek - I think it's safe to assume you're not a VT?
11. SangfroidWarrior - You have a bad habit of standing in the shadows until it's too late to make a difference, are you going to rectify this or waste another game?
bardol looked at this list of questions. "what the fack," he said in a flamboyant tone. "dis guy."

vlade and kantrip are hella sus, i'm pretty sure at least one of them is scum. largely leaning towards kantrip as scumbag of the hour mostly through his interactions with vlade. gonna hold off on posting my reads until there is more info though.

i'd say kill off J for being a useless ****, i'm more comfortable keeping vlade around for the time being until J shapens up and does some good around here.

speaking of which: yo sup J, watchoo thinkin'?

i like dat radical fiction guy for the time being. radical and gorf, hold hands with me plz? :D

oh yeah, and on that note:

Vote: Kantrip

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That hard buddying.

:phone:
i guess you could look at it that way if kantrip wasn't being a blatantly obvious scumbag and gorf/radical's reads weren't strikingly similar to my own.

btw raziek, haven't seen you since your rvs shenanigans fell through the cracks :| do you have reads on anyone yet, or are you just going to make small little comments about my play and not contribute anything worthwhile?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
The Fiction was baffled.

Why did the young lady seem so
determined to rid herself of any responsibility for a post that she herself had made? It was as if she were afraid. No, perhaps not afraid. Perhaps she was determined to make her post inconsequential. Once more, he pondered one of his own tenants. 'The label of RVS never makes information useless.'

RVS isn't useless, for one. Secondly, I'm just wonderring where Asdioh was able to get this stance from and asking that he back it up with something other than saying I sound defensive and wordy. Explain what is blatantly villanous, please.

RF said:
What was this young lady's problem with questions that provoke stances and further discussion? Talk of vigs is almost never bad. She was a queer one indeed.
There is no problem if it weren't for something as silly as a vig. That's simply telling people who you find useless, and I'd say I am pretty useless (or was) and J, with only one post, is just as useless right now as Overswarm. Obviously, I find no use in discussing vigs at the moment, so I will bring it up. Think what you will.

It seems like we have a parrot in our midst.

Vote: Bardull

Bardull, is there a reason you want to get rid of J? I feel you are bringing him up just because others have made a point of him being useless. Should we get rid of Overswarm? What do you think of Asdioh? Since you asked to hold hands with Radical, do you think I am scum as well?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
EBWOP: That wasn't meant to be in italics. I feel like there is something that got messed up because of it but I can't think of it right now.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
"Mostly through interactions with Vlade"?

Explain.
i'd much rather let your and vlade's relationship continue to develop than post my gut theory right now :| too bad so sad.

@sangfroid - i already said why i felt J should go before vlade; he's being a useless **** and hasn't done anything outside of his rvs vote iirc. it's policy. l2read

BarDulL

Town Vampire
come to think of it, i'd love to hear a post from vlade regarding his read on kantrip. that would be mega stellar.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hey BarDulL, now that someone has voiced suspicion of a connection case (you), it no longer holds any water. If we were scummates we could just change something now.

So basically you have no case.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

Asdioh, do you think one of J or I are scum, or are you just wanting one or both of us dead?
I was just saying "between you and J based on first impressions." I also wanted to make sure Raziek and I felt differently about that subject, which we do. Not sure what that means yet, other than maybe we read into things differently.

Then there's the benefit that I get to see what your reaction is. Did I think you were scum? No, regardless of what vibes I got from an RVS vote, it wasn't nearly enough. Is the post I just quoted a scummier response than I was expecting? Yes...

The towniest thing you could have done was ignore my "attack" completely fyi

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
"The game's been open for less than 24 hours, you should comment on how Overswarm hasn't done anything yet."
This is going to be a fun game.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
fine. os hasn't done anything whatsoever. os, go do something productive.

there, you happy? :D

but really though, i bring up J because radical fiction asked me who i'd want dead first between the two. you should REALLY read my posts more carefully.

as of now, there really isn't any differentiation between J/OS/any other inactives.

sang i don't have a good read on you yet :/ can't tell you atm how i feel about you.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
kantrip, instead of telling me how "i have no case" and trying to put me down, why don't you start not being a mega ****ing scum bag and being more protown? :D

ugh, kids these days :|

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I was just saying "between you and J based on first impressions." I also wanted to make sure Raziek and I felt differently about that subject, which we do. Not sure what that means yet, other than maybe we read into things differently.

Then there's the benefit that I get to see what your reaction is. Did I think you were scum? No, regardless of what vibes I got from an RVS vote, it wasn't nearly enough. Is the post I just quoted a scummier response than I was expecting? Yes...

The towniest thing you could have done was ignore my "attack" completely fyi
I didn't feel like ignoring it, regardless of how scummy it made me seem.

"The game's been open for less than 24 hours, you should comment on how Overswarm hasn't done anything yet."
This is going to be a fun game.
Ugh. No, I'm getting annoyed and people saying J is useless (and me earlier) and therefore pointing out that there is more than one person and that it is pointless and stupid to be calling somebody useless this early on.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Sang, how are you finding Bardull scummy enough to have a vote? I find that really weird of someone like you to be doing over throwing a vote on him for an almost superficial reason. How are you differentiating his behaviour as scummy instead of dummy town?

Getting to the rest but wanted to ask that while I see Sang here.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
fine. os hasn't done anything whatsoever. os, go do something productive.

there, you happy? :D

but really though, i bring up J because radical fiction asked me who i'd want dead first between the two. you should REALLY read my posts more carefully.

as of now, there really isn't any differentiation between J/OS/any other inactives.
Ah, I admit a wrong. My apologies. I hadn't read that and simply thought you were bringing up the same thing that Asdioh had said.

Unvote

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
@J. He seemed to be copying (or at least saying) a lot of what other had said and I wanted him to make some of his own comments.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
RF said:
3. J - Are you going to be pathetic and AtE, or play properly?
Just going to have fun really. "Play proper"? xD

@Sang: I had felt he had been doing some things on his own though with his lighthearted jests between the players and saying that whom he wanted to lynch.

Now tell me, your opinion on Kanty vs. Vlade? If you had to pick one, who would you lynch? Then tell me which of the poetic literary people would you lynch?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Kantrip, as I had said earlier. His latest post against Bardull expands it. I see no reason to think of Vlade as scum at the moment.

I don't want either gone, but I think Fiction would be the best lynch simply because Ryker and Swiss are formidable at getting people on their side, regardless of being town or scum.

Top Bottom