• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Trying new things, Gorf. Trying new things.

What do you mean "what heeds it?" And stop doing that, it makes your posts fluffy and makes me want to skim them.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Gorf looked perplexed. "Maybe this whole new style of communication isn't so satisfactory... Maybe I'll stop in the near future..." he thought to himself. But nonetheless, he found his composure and began to answer Raziek.

"Totally understandable. But what I mean is, is your OMGUS suspicion upon J legitimate? It personally struck me as RVS schenanigans between two mates in real life."

Gorf felt a piercing sensation in his bum, and headed toward the latrine.

#HBC | Gorf

The visit to the latrine was such a relief to Gorf, that he thought he may just do it again. But alas, Gorf had no more fecal matter left to release, and he slouched back in his computer chair.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It is RVS banter. I am, however, not going to ignore Ryker being so obviously scummy for reasons that I refuse to disclose at this time.

#HBC | Gorf

Gorf nodded in approval, seeing no harm in allowing Raziek to hunt scum in this manner. Although curious to what his motives were, if not to attract other voters, he decided that they'd be seen in due time.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Vote: Kantrip

Raziek and Gorf are both clearly town because of their lime green text.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Gorf eyed the two quotes from Raziek and burst into a fit of laughter

":lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:"

Composing himself, he started to inquire upon said posts.

"Now that that's out of the way, any form of explanation for the former quote would be appreciated. I, myself, must be slacking, because I've yet to accumulate a scumspect. But I WILL ask, as well, what heeds your OMGUS suspicion upon J as well as the previous request."

Gorf wondered if this new style of communication would suit him fairly in a mafia game. He decided to give it a try.
Perhaps it is merely a result of my history
The method with which I RVS
That what Raziek was doing was no mystery
His motives clear, his intentions the best

Now tell me Gorf, do you think it is reasonable that Raziek be so confident in scummy behavior within the first posts of the game? No? Good. So naturally we can be assured without any strenuous thought that Raziek's suspicions are not entirely genuine. However, they were worded as such and likely to be interpreted (as we have already seen through you) as such.

He is scumhunting. Why you brought it to question perplexes me. Were you concerned that he was doing it? Did you suspect it with ill intent?

Raziek and Gorf are both clearly town because of their lime green text.
Not so fast, my friend. Of the lime text pairing, only one can be a Good Guy.

Now, after all the effort I took to sound confusing and put on an obviously false air of wisdom, I am going to be pressured into the ground until I break down with a wagon built up against me.

#HBC | Gorf

As Gorf read Kantrip's first post, he grew more and more utterly confused. To start, he had no idea why that opening stanza was there. He tried interpreting it as Kantrip calling him out for not letting Raz scumhunt freely, but Gorf already gave Raz the free pass to scumhunt in his 45. And Gorf actually saw no reason NOT to think Raz can be so confident in scummy behaviour, since it's not GORF'S behaviour.

Gorf DID notice something interesting though...

"It seems, Kantrip, that you are trying to put a damper to Raz' suspicions when you say 'Raziek's suspicions are not entirely genuine.' Now, don't say that you are trying to aid Raz or something dumb like that, because I simply won't believe you. I am curious, though, why you felt I was challenging Raz' attempt to scumhunt at all when it's finely printed that I'm letting him do his thing. Oh, and rather than making a post which kinda clearly shows you don't understand me, please let me know so I can clarify in a more juvenial manner."

Kantrip

Kantplay
I am curious, now. I don't think Raz will mind after this conversation pans out, so we can pretty much agree that it's RVS pressure and any rational scum player can easily see that. He's saying he pinned Radical Fiction as scum in his first post of the game.

So, I would like you to explain to me what Raziek was trying to accomplish, and how I "put a damper on it". In your own point of view. I'll get to the rest after I see from what angle you are approaching this.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Gorf wondered if this new style of communication would suit him fairly in a mafia game. He decided to give it a try.
It doesn't suit anyone fairly in a mafia game imo. You're distancing yourself from the game which makes it difficult to get a read on you and therefore it is anti-town. As harsh as this sounds, I request that you stop doing it altogether. I know it's RVS but we should aim to be on track as fast as possible.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
The mists swirled around the figure as he approached the cowering survivors. He was either their savior or their demise. They knew not which, but none dared rise to challenge him. His air was one of unparalleled confidence. He walked as if it was not misplaced.

The one they called Kantrip had peaked his interest. He would likely have stepped in to confront him for standing in the way of progress, but then one opened his mouth and the foul stench of scum wafting from it turned the head of this formidable man.

It doesn't suit anyone fairly in a mafia game imo. You're distancing yourself from the game which makes it difficult to get a read on you and therefore it is anti-town. As harsh as this sounds, I request that you stop doing it altogether. I know it's RVS but we should aim to be on track as fast as possible.
'Why would a man avoid comment on anything but a posting style?' the good Fiction wondered, 'Especially when the man in question is providing the information he can?'

The one called Vlade was traveling down a side road to a dead end. His route was naught but a distraction to the people here. He would not be quickly forgotten.

The Fiction opened his mouth and the thunder roared. Only two words he spoke, but they carried with them a sense of utter certainty. A weight would fall upon the shoulders of the foul and misleading scum.

"Vote: Vlade..."

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
"As well?"

The Fiction scoffed. This man was certainly new. He has mistaken the disciple for the master. He had called the seed a tree, but could the figure truly blame him for he had never seen the great tree in its own glory? No, he would not hold it against the tiny man for all must be given time to learn. He would see if the man decided to continue glorifying the disciple, for then action would be taken.

As the figure turned to more progressive matters, his mind drifted back toward his disciple's work. He wondered, silently, what the scum thought of his disciple's work.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
If anything, self-narration is more distracting than what I posted
The man's latest sentence caused the Fiction to falter. He was diverting the attention away from the matter at hand. The point of the matter was that he was choosing to pursue matters that would resolve to nothing. It was not a matter of distraction, but one of non-contribution.

Vlade

Social Outcast
The man's latest sentence caused the Fiction to falter. He was diverting the attention away from the matter at hand. The point of the matter was that he was choosing to pursue matters that would resolve to nothing. It was not a matter of distraction, but one of non-contribution.
That's not what you said at all. This is what you said:

His route was naught but a distraction to the people here.
Now you're just twisting words. If your intent was to point out that what I was doing was meaningless, you should have said so in the first place.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Come on, Swiss, surely you too don't believe that "pinning scumRyker" is progress. Who, out of this playerlist, do you honestly see giving us something from that?

Hey Vlade, regardless of whether or not he pointed out your lack of contribution now or earlier, it is still a valid argument. Stop the deflection.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
The Fiction sighed. Playing with terms is never the correct thing to do. His message was obvious and intentionally being misrepresented so that the scumbag could appear intelligent. 'What am I distracting from?' he mused, 'When my musings are not a hindrance, what then could be his grievance?'

'On the other hand, I have made it quite clear that he is attempting to let himself slide on a lack of contribution and content. Now he is simply trying to divert attention away from his attempts to refrain from forming connections.'

This scumbag was a curious one. Ever able to ignore matters at hand in favor of unimportant tangents. Wonderland will be his grave if he insists on chasing the white rabbit. This the Fiction vows.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Come on, Swiss, surely you too don't believe that "pinning scumRyker" is progress. Who, out of this playerlist, do you honestly see giving us something from that?

Hey Vlade, regardless of whether or not he pointed out your lack of contribution now or earlier, it is still a valid argument. Stop the deflection.
Interesting. The one they called Kantrip doesn't seem to believe that pinning the greatest player in this game is a worthy accomplishment. Not only that, but he notes that the scumbag is indeed suspicious, but is not willing to add his vote to the worthy cause.

These things the Fiction did ponder as the rain fell hard upon the plains outside.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well you see, pinning your slot is quite the accomishment, I agree. If I had been halting that, I would be slowing progress. Are you telling me then, that Raziek succesfully pinned your slot?

I don't believe you are, so I'll have to say I'm not slowing progress. Either way, slowing progress is exactly what will happen if we continue on this tangent. We're getting off course.

Speaking of which:

Unvote, Vote: Vlade

Swiss

Smash Lord
Kantrip, the fool. So young, so new.
When two halves are one, whom did you talk to?
Never assume, never rely,
simply do as we say - and the scum shall die.

The Fiction, the diction, citing vindiction
The scum should have prayed, run - not stayed
For we already had one - the goon - the Vlade.

Take the knife and twist it,
here's my heart - you missed it.

There are some, Gorf, you should not try too imitate. A disapproving frown, yet with regret - you are town.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Kantrip, the fool. So young, so new.
When two halves are one, whom did you talk to?
Never assume, never rely,
simply do as we say - and the scum shall die.

The Fiction, the diction, citing vindiction
The scum should have prayed, run - not stayed
For we already had one - the goon - the Vlade.

Take the knife and twist it,
here's my heart - you missed it.

There are some, Gorf, you should not try too imitate. A disapproving frown, yet with regret - you are town.
My point has been made.
Let us now wagon Vlade.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Well you see, pinning your slot is quite the accomishment, I agree. If I had been halting that, I would be slowing progress. Are you telling me then, that Raziek succesfully pinned your slot?

I don't believe you are, so I'll have to say I'm not slowing progress. Either way, slowing progress is exactly what will happen if we continue on this tangent. We're getting off course.

Speaking of which:

Unvote, Vote: Vlade
I love how you vote me after Fiction pointed out the fact that you didn't vote after you mention these 'deflections' of mine, which I suppose is valid.

However, you agreed with me before that Gord's posting was distracting:

Oh yeah and Gorf's fluffy posting is distracting. Leave it to Swiss, I say.

Vote: Gorf
Why the sudden change in position? I find this suspicious.

vote: Kantrip

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
That this should be directed at Gord makes me chuckle oh man

@Swiss, you make me hot

#HBC | Gorf

As Gorf awakened from his rest, he noticed that the Fiction had also decided to voice his thought in a similar manner as himself. This almost made him revert to a juvenial cry for laughter, but some things are better left for others. So Gorf left his attention toward other things, like responding to yet another retort from Kantrip.

I am curious, now. I don't think Raz will mind after this conversation pans out, so we can pretty much agree that it's RVS pressure and any rational scum player can easily see that. He's saying he pinned Radical Fiction as scum in his first post of the game.
It seemed off to Gorf, the fact that a TOWNIE would like to deem one's pressure on another player RVS, especially when both players in question are on a relatively higher calibur of play then said TOWNIE. But neigh, Gorf felt no need to voice this feeling of discontent, until he read the following excerpt from dear ol' Kantrip.

So, I would like you to explain to me what Raziek was trying to accomplish, and how I "put a damper on it". In your own point of view. I'll get to the rest after I see from what angle you are approaching this.[/QUOTE]

"You see, I don't particularly care what Raz was trying to accomplish," Gorf started. "It's not in my place to deem one's play worthy of stopping, especially at a time like the beginning of a game. And either way, I did question this quite brash behaviour, and when I was told that it was on genuine feelings, I realized that it was not in my place to intervene any further against Raziek's interactions.

"Now, I am curious, however," Gorf continued, "Why you felt the need to point out it's lack of ground or use or weight, or whatever you folks are calling it nowadays. Raziek and the Fiction have every right to quarrel upon eachother that you and I do. And I'm finding it quite strange that you're completely okay with stopping that exchange from having any worth... Tell me why I feel like that, dear ol' Kantrip."

Kantrip didn't realize, but this was his last chance to stop being so scummy and realize that his previous actions did not help town in any way.

#HBC | Gorf

Gorf analyzed his post, and as much as he disliked the process of making said post, he loved the process much more.

#HBC | Gorf

The idea of yet another person voicing their opinion on Gorf's style of posting perplexed him. Why would Mr. Vlade find it necessary to voice this opinion when there was plenty of other things that he, as a townie, should be worried about?

"What care is it of yours?" Gorf inquired. "Besides, you get to see quite a bit of thought and content if you logically read it." Gorf braced himself to look intently at Mr. Vlade, but felt it more necessary to decode Kantrip.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
1. Overswarm - Full thoughts on every player. How's the weather?
2. Vlade - What do you think of the wagon forming on you? Why are your scumpicks lacking?
3. J - Are you going to be pathetic and AtE, or play properly?
4. Bardull - Hear you might be smart, who are you, where do you come from? Do you agree with everyone that Vlade is scum? Would you rather vig Vlade (looking scummy) or J (gone inactive), if you had to, right now.
5. Asdioh - We're worried you may appear too obvtown and die N1, how about you play more conservatively? (Opinion?)
6. Nabe - Since you're tricky to read, do you want to offer to be copped toNight?
7. Kantrip - As I said in Britches, you're not as good as think you are. Don't get cocky. D1 and D2 you can default to our reads - but after that you have to stand solo. Opinion?
8. Gorf - Get off my posting style. Nothing to say to you because you're town. Always wagon my picks but feel free to push your own with words.
9. Raziek - I think it's safe to assume you're not a VT?
10. Kosha Boy (John2k4/Inferno3044) - Which PR do you think we should have claim D1 (obviously not doc!) and then follow with a confirmed townie?
11. SangfroidWarrior - You have a bad habit of standing in the shadows until it's too late to make a difference, are you going to rectify this or waste another game?

#HBC | Gorf

The mists swirled around the figure as he approached the cowering survivors. He was either their savior or their demise. They knew not which, but none dared rise to challenge him. His air was one of unparalleled confidence. He walked as if it was not misplaced.

The one they called Kantrip had peaked his interest. He would likely have stepped in to confront him for standing in the way of progress, but then one opened his mouth and the foul stench of scum wafting from it turned the head of this formidable man.

'Why would a man avoid comment on anything but a posting style?' the good Fiction wondered, 'Especially when the man in question is providing the information he can?'

The one called Vlade was traveling down a side road to a dead end. His route was naught but a distraction to the people here. He would not be quickly forgotten.

The Fiction opened his mouth and the thunder roared. Only two words he spoke, but they carried with them a sense of utter certainty. A weight would fall upon the shoulders of the foul and misleading scum.

"Vote: Vlade..."
Gorf felt a sense of comfort when staring into the eyes of the Fiction, yet was curious about his lack of mentioning Raziek. Nonetheless, the warm feeling Gorf received was too strong to get a sense of discomfort. 'Raziek will note this himself if he feels necessary,' Gorf concluded.

"I have a question for you, Fiction," Gorf said. "What of Vlade causes more attention than Kantrip?"

#HBC | Gorf

The interaction between the Fiction and Kantrip was too much for him to deny what was standing in front of Gorf. 'This just can't be so obvious,' he tried telling himself. 'No one person can be so unintentionally scummy!' But nonetheless, Gorf knew what he had to do.

Kantrip seemed to have a sense of arrogance that was improperly handed to him, and the idea of Vlade's rebuttal in the 64th post made Gorf curious as to their being aligned, or of Vlade honestly pointing out said flaw in Kantrip's play. He decided to keep a stern eye on Vlade, making it known that his presence was not giving Gorf a good feeling.

#HBC | Gorf

Welcome to barley town.
That this should be directed at Gord makes me chuckle oh man

@Swiss, you make me hot
Pressure in Kantrip's direction is good, and in this direction as well.

Vote: Scumbag J
It echoes another recent game where Gord made a similar comment to me and smearlynched me for it.
What are your feelings on players who aren't speaking in prose?
Although not appreciative of the mentioning of an ongoing scenario, Gorf noted the vast amount of colours. 'Sure, Nabe has a fine position in town right now,' Gorf thought, 'But those COLOURS.'

#HBC | Gorf

8. Gorf - Get off my posting style. Nothing to say to you because you're town. Always wagon my picks but feel free to push your own with words.
Arrogance dripped from the Fiction as ice cream does from its cone on a hot summer day. But Gorf pondered upon the request at hand for hours on end, questioning whether to abide by the Fiction, or to continue on merrily. After much thought, he had come to a conclusion, and turned to the Fiction.

"No." Gorf replied with the crack of a whip.

Top Bottom