• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advance Marth Stuff (Updated)

∫unk

Smash Master
To be honest, this is quite frustrating.

Every single one of these is cake to do, with the notable exception of true pivot attacking. I watched your video, tried to get the timing, but to no avail. I'm no noob, so this is kinda irritating. <_< Anything special you do? I mean, obviously that's not a bread-and-butter technique, but it'd be nice to reliably pull off, for whatever reason.
Your statement is contradictory. Can't really say much about it. Just keep practicing the timing is all I can tell you, but I honestly don't use that too often because fox trotting isn't the best means of spacing (right now I'm developing better stuff...

for some more info what you can do is, ( only to ness ) hold sheild and constantly press A.
This is obvious and already mentioned.

Expect new updates in the future soon! Fox trot stutter step f-smash, dash dance into kill moves, etc!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Expect new updates in the future soon! Fox trot stutter step f-smash, dash dance into kill moves, etc!
This dashdancing, I assume the one associated with true pivoting, and not the one that most people deem useless (the one where one just mashes left and right in a stationary position)?

If so, would not that be another form of true pivoting just built off on the same premise?

If it's something entirely new, then I'll be looking forward to seeing it... :)

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I got the Reverse Dolphin Splash, Running Dancing Blade, and Grab Release down =:]

brb, praticing.

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
How is marth juggling people off the stage like metaknight ? I keep seeing it in all these videos but he only has two jumps?

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Spamming fair reduced the knockback and the marth saved their 2nd jumpand got off 2 extra fairs before reversing their up B to recover. Marth can go pretty far offstage before having to recover due to being so light and floaty.

LAWZ

Smash Cadet
The foxtrot f-smash is a very useful technique...but I still don't really have the timing down all that well and usually I jsut do a dash attack...any tips on what I can do to improve the move?

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
The foxtrot f-smash is a very useful technique...but I still don't really have the timing down all that well and usually I jsut do a dash attack...any tips on what I can do to improve the move?
do it in training in slow speed. thats what i did. find what works for u.

∫unk

Smash Master
Yeah honestly I rarely use the fox trot f-smash only if my opponent is lagging 1 fox trot f-smash distance away. Anything farther you don't have enough time to punish.

Like... practice just doing one fox trot then f-smash. The timing after one is much easier than consecutive.

Snap(803)

Smash Apprentice
marth is one of the best air combatants in the game. hands down. she has a miracle grab mechanic too. she can grab the ledge out from a few inches farther away then other characters. takes awhile to notice though lol

∫unk

Smash Master
true pivot is generally impractical... it's better to walk then dash when you need to

what you're talking about is b-reversal. i'm sure there's a good explanation somewhere i'd just google it or something.

Sane

Smash Cadet
I need to work on attacking out of foxtrots. The only reason I've incorporated foxtrots into my gameplay is simple mindgames and mixing up the opponent. It works wonders for intimidation and confusion as well, in my opinion.

Top Bottom