• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adieu Brawl+, The Tribute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

camden

Smash Apprentice
Brawl+ was crazy fun, even if none of my friends liked it. Well, I guess I'm going to to Brawl- for the meantime, at least until Project M comes around.

R.I.P. Brawl+. We hardly knew ye.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I always figured that this would happen eventually. I was one of the tiny percentage of people who didn't ***** and complain about every single change to the game, because I knew that I would be happy as long as I had a better game than vBrawl. I'm not too sad about the death of Brawl+'s development, since it will now be possible to create an actual metagame for it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
All things happen for a reason. <3

Mistakes create knowledge and from knowledge the next of kin can step up and not make the same mistakes again.

akin to Trial and Error, no?

RIP B+. Ill miss ya. :V

But now something else is coming.

Sexy.

GPDP

Smash Ace
All things happen for a reason. <3

Mistakes create knowledge and from knowledge the next of kin can step up and not make the same mistakes again.

akin to Trial and Error, no?

RIP B+. Ill miss ya. :V

But now something else is coming.

Sexy.
I assume you're not talking about Project M.

oh god what is this i dont even

Dan_X

Smash Lord
epically long story!
Hey Falco, thanks for taking the time to write that, I enjoyed reading the history from your perspective. I found it interesting that you were involved with the people who made the hacking scene what it is today over on that other forum, such as nuke, pw, kic, etc. Also, the fact that you asked for the tripping code is cool too.

The only thing you lacked was talking more about PW's HUGE affect on the hacking scene throughout these years. I mean, he made many of the most important codes: l-canceling, MAD, HAD (which wasn't really needed in the end, but it was cool that he could do it), the file replacement code, etc, and lets not forget the utilities that he's responsible for that have utterly changed the hacking scene for us: PSA, CSS Modifier, etc.

Think of PSA alone, and the door it has opened. We're now capable of doing many of the things we needed a hacker to do-- if anything, because of his tool, we are more capable than writing codes alone without it. Then there's a slew of custom characters.

BrawlBox is another HUGELY important utility that was birthed through those years.

However, I think the point of your story was to focus more on the subject at hand; Brawl+.

Anyway, nice write-up!

Almas

Smash Lord
My version of the story has dinosaurs and lasers.

I'm sure B+ will still live on... Just not as a tournament game. Kinda like Brawl, then =).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom