• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT2 Western Regional Championship 2009! :: July 24-25 :: Edmonton, AB, Canada!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Would you guys be able to tell us (me and kingace) what the expected brawl turnout is gonna be?
It seems this should have good attendance, but is that mostly for melee? Is melee the main event?
We're thinking about coming, but we need to know the situation beforehand.
Uhh brawl I think will be bigger than melee, but both are the main event.

Also falco ditto MM, for best falco? Dan I guess you can get in on this as well lol.

Sorry I guess I forgot to say a predicted bracket size. I predict over 40 ppl enter.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Ok, I'm talking to Kingace about flight tickets, supposedly he knew of some ultra cheep ones. If those dont come through (or he is mistaken) then we definitely won't be coming.

Also, You can't even come close to challenging me for best Falco, Sorry.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
"Nah I won't MM you, you're too nub."

I really dislike BM, so you should probably learn manner. Falco dittos are pretty sketchy dude, I wouldn't be so quick to rule out anything >.>

Also you're the guy who came in and said that toronto had like no MK's and it turned out 5/10 on your PR were listed as MK users. ROFL! Why would I take your word?

Frio

Smash Champion
Ok, I'm talking to Kingace about flight tickets, supposedly he knew of some ultra cheep ones. If those dont come through (or he is mistaken) then we definitely won't be coming.

Also, You can't even come close to challenging me for best Falco, Sorry.
How are those MK people doing over there on your PR?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I never said I wouldn't mm you.

But really? Best Falco? Decided by a ditto? Meanwhile I've actually done things and faced hard people?
Plus, do you really think your Falco is as good as mine, like at all?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Minus, I haven't seen any outstanding videos from you, so I guess I couldn't really say. The only videos of me are me CG'ing wolf to death, and getting cg'd to death by another falco. Oh and some really campy GaW dittos. Kind of hard to gauge from that really.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJDHbzOMzyc Me vs Kingace (relevant)

I'm not gauging by videos, I'm gauging by: Regional competition (much lower level, sorry but when erix can get 3-4th or whatever at that bc tournament yet he can't even make it out of pools here.), experience (you guys all started playing brawl later, and have much less of a scene). And the fact that while tournament character variety is really cool, its certainly caused by the fact that your scene is way not caught up with playing this game competitively.

Its no diss to you personally, but like really...

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Victor, $1 MM in Melee? I was thinking we can just make our bracket match the MM, and if we don't meet in the bracket, we can do a separate one. k?

Also everybody, we haven't talked about it yet but I was thinking I can buy some pop, water, and maybe some snacks like chips and then sell them there for a loonie each. Good idea or no?
So... food isn't free then. Even though we're paying entry. =[ Not even hot dogs?

And so the last week dropouts begin...
Cry more, Flatzone was dead and it's still the best tournament I've ever seen.

Hmm no kingace. I was on the fence if I actually wanted them to come or not rofl.
You're a GREAT host.

Perhaps, we shall see. The power ranking better be updated well after the tourney, there are bracket matches AND pools so no johns if you're lazy, Victor. =]

On a side note, I'm going to buy the snacks today for the tourney.
Derp, PR's suck still

Thanks for like telling me all of this Tyler before you went ahead and did it >_>. We should probably talk about wtf we're gonna do with the money and how we will use it considering it will all be in loonies. FFS.
Of course! like a real host you should profit directly from this, pocket all of the money,

Yeah looks like it. He completely totalled his car. The worst was that the airbags didn't work, and he would have been seriously hurt if it wasn't for Tonys gym clothes that landed on his steering wheel, cushioning the collision for him.
Gross.

DMK., just use D3 against Koskinator and his Bowser teammate. Small-Step chaingrab all day on Bowser. Ggz ♥
DUDE BRAWL SOUNDS SO FUN

Yeah, I left to Edmonton now because my dad came here to pick up some work equipment and i'd be my only ride to Edmonton. Matt crashed his car really bad so Matt and Tony won't be coming anymore, and I think in response, William can't come either.
and of course, Red Deer gets ****ed over, but Victor's managed to get entirely out of the way, regardless of anyone else.

Uhh brawl I think will be bigger than melee, but both are the main event.

Also falco ditto MM, for best falco? Dan I guess you can get in on this as well lol.

Sorry I guess I forgot to say a predicted bracket size. I predict over 40 ppl enter.
Dittos are TOTALLY the best way to determine who's best.

Minus, I haven't seen any outstanding videos from you, so I guess I couldn't really say. The only videos of me are me CG'ing wolf to death, and getting cg'd to death by another falco. Oh and some really campy GaW dittos. Kind of hard to gauge from that really.
Oh wait, VIDEOS ARE BETTER THAN DITTOS, cause videos prove everything.

LOL

Thank you for making my day, that is the funniest bad video I've seen in forever.

Seriously though, that Forward smash on ROB, thats a pretty sweet 1 hit combo. Hardcore.

and that clip you used 3 times? Oh man, I wish you used it four times, it would've been a 4 clip combo.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brad you're an idiot. You misunderstood everything I said, yet you probably think you know me quite well.

EDIT: Just to clarify I agree with everything you said Brad, it's just that you think I don't which kind of pisses me off :\.

I don't think dittos proves anything and I don't think videos are good determiners. When I said what are we going to about the loonies, I didn't mean keep them, I just thought like wow we'd have a lot of loonies left over, so wtf will we do with them? And the king ace thing? Well I am a little bit greedy for money, but that doesn't exactly make me a terrible person it just means I am like most of the world.

aish

Smash Journeyman

I'm not gauging by videos, I'm gauging by: Regional competition (much lower level, sorry but when erix can get 3-4th or whatever at that bc tournament yet he can't even make it out of pools here.), experience (you guys all started playing brawl later, and have much less of a scene). And the fact that while tournament character variety is really cool, its certainly caused by the fact that your scene is way not caught up with playing this game competitively.

You're saying that like how we are right now is not ok =/

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Brad you're an idiot. You misunderstood everything I said, yet you probably think you know me quite well.

EDIT: Just to clarify I agree with everything you said Brad, it's just that you think I don't which kind of pisses me off :\.

I don't think dittos proves anything and I don't think videos are good determiners. When I said what are we going to about the loonies, I didn't mean keep them, I just thought like wow we'd have a lot of loonies left over, so wtf will we do with them? And the king ace thing? Well I am a little bit greedy for money, but that doesn't exactly make me a terrible person it just means I am like most of the world.
I dont think this. I'm sure you know most of these things, but that doesn't matter. Remember you said I hated you.

Also lol, I'm just being a ho, cause in the odd chance you were planning to profit I'd have to can you, and brick in your eye.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hmmm.... I sense hostility between West/East Coast... Though very selective.

This'll be fun.

@ Brad's quote of "DUDE BRAWL SOUNDS SO FUN"

I KNOW, RIGHT!?

Don't ****ing use Bowser on D3. Ever. LMFAO Did it to Vic on WiFi earlier just to show him. Gotta see it to believe it. It's so ridiculous. If you wanted, it's practically one stock gone if you catch your opponent on one end of the stage and to the other. And if that doesn't work, just do it again later.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman

this is hilarious

I like how you CARE SO MUCH about how people thousands of kilometers away play smash

Fraser

Smash Journeyman
lol I can actually see kosk losing a good number of these MM's especially if he's challenging Metaknight's XD

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
So its looking like me and Kingace can't make it, flight costs too high.

I will be in saskatoon starting september though, so I'll be making it out to all the events starting then.

Snake6523

Smash Ace
Brad, wtf is in your avatar.
I dunno. I liked the colours.

@ Brad's quote of "DUDE BRAWL SOUNDS SO FUN"

I KNOW, RIGHT!?

Don't ****ing use Bowser on D3. Ever. LMFAO Did it to Vic on WiFi earlier just to show him. Gotta see it to believe it. It's so ridiculous. If you wanted, it's practically one stock gone if you catch your opponent on one end of the stage and to the other. And if that doesn't work, just do it again later.
Yeah thats pretty cool, I love how wall stages arnt banned.

this is hilarious

I like how you CARE SO MUCH about how people thousands of kilometers away play smash
It's like he wasn't being called out by someone, Serious DMK, Luke was being almost a huge *** about being better than him, and I support the side of Luke being wrong, and it's kinda offensive, when you think you're good, it's a big deal when you're called not good.

kosk my son be careful of your arms
Uhh how bout challenging a falco? Auto lose?
YEAH BRAWL! SO COOL.

So its looking like me and Kingace can't make it, flight costs too high.

I will be in saskatoon starting september though, so I'll be making it out to all the events starting then.
Q-Q

I wanted Jiggs on Mute City.

Top Bottom