• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
SDIing by holding a direction and hitting up on the C-Stick is a hilarious concept.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm sad to say... framewise sheik's fully charged needles (on the ground anyways) might not have as much advantage as previously thought T_T. Oh well, it still makes for a great landing trap (and I haven't tested aerial needles either)

plus sheik's good at catching the opponent offguard, so this is still decent.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
so

i played brawl today and tried using the issdi shield grabs

and needless to say

they are very useful haha. feels good to get crazy DI on peach's fair and grab her.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hold towards the direction you want to go with the analog stick while in shield and getting hit by an attack (slightly, so you don't roll).

While that's happening, hit up on the c-stick.

At least that's what I remember :p

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Oh no, the secret for me grabbing random things (like marth's tippers on my shield) is out.

SDIing by holding a direction and hitting up on the C-Stick is a hilarious concept.
I am going to write an indepth detailed thread at some point soon on why this is the case but essentially:

If you hit a direction on the cstick while holding a separate direction on the analogue stick, it inputs one frame perfect input immediately after the cstick input assuming the two sticks are split between at least two cardinal directions (up down left and right).

For example: Holding right on analogue stick while tapping up on cstick is seen as:
Frame 0: Holding Right and Inputting Cstick up
Frame 1: SDI Up (from the cstick, thus inputting grab)
Frame 2: SDI right (because you were holding right, it frame perfect inputs the held direction on the analogue stick)
Frame 3: Null input

With ISSDI, in order to input ISSDI without rolling, one needs to be frame perfect. However, I'm FAIRLY certain that with the limitations of control sticks (ie, being too top heavy so it doesn't reneutral fast enough) that it's next to impossible to analogue input an ISSDI without accidentally buffering a roll out of shieldlag. Don't quote me on that; it's just speculation on my part because when I first started playing I was told I could ISSDI MK's Tornado, only to consistently roll into it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh no, the secret for me grabbing random things (like marth's tippers on my shield) is out.

I am going to write an indepth detailed thread at some point soon on why this is the case but essentially:

If you hit a direction on the cstick while holding a separate direction on the analogue stick, it inputs one frame perfect input immediately after the cstick input assuming the two sticks are split between at least two cardinal directions (up down left and right).

For example: Holding right on analogue stick while tapping up on cstick is seen as:
Frame 0: Holding Right and Inputting Cstick up
Frame 1: SDI Up (from the cstick, thus inputting grab)
Frame 2: SDI right (because you were holding right, it frame perfect inputs the held direction on the analogue stick)
Frame 3: Null input

With ISSDI, in order to input ISSDI without rolling, one needs to be frame perfect. However, I'm FAIRLY certain that with the limitations of control sticks (ie, being too top heavy so it doesn't reneutral fast enough) that it's next to impossible to analogue input an ISSDI without accidentally buffering a roll out of shieldlag. Don't quote me on that; it's just speculation on my part because when I first started playing I was told I could ISSDI MK's Tornado, only to consistently roll into it.
I know exactly how it works. I still find its mechanics hilarious.

sheikamaru

jive
So.... this new thing takes a ridiculous amount of timing according to light...

Ps his snake and marth are free!

iLight

Smash Lord
I'm just saying the timing on it is really strict at least when I tested it, would take many hours of practice in my opinion to even get a feel for doing it while playing though i really only tryed to do it for about an hour with my friend. Killik and I got 17th at the tournament

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303093&page=2

I beat IG88(Marth) first match went sheik both times
I lost to Dojo(MK) 2-0 in mk dittos although it was close
I beat Sky Pirate(Olimar) 2-1 first match I played mk, lost second match as mk, beat him third match on battlefield with sheik using the new chain camping
I lost to Denti(Olimar) 2-0 I went sheik both times
I also beat Gray Fox 43 (Fox/Wolf) at some point, I think maybe first round losers? I went sheik both times =] he had never seen f-tilt lock before

Also I played some friendlies with Illmatic, did some cool stuff in those and it was recorded so hopefully those videos will be up at some point he's a really fun good peach player ultra nice guy

Killik rolls around like kid who's scared of his own shadow and get's pooped on by rob =]

iLight

Smash Lord
the chain camping didn't work on denti because
1. I still have a big mental block vs olimar and play extremely scared vs him
2. I never got the lead
3. I never got a good position to use it offensively because denti is too good
4. The times I did get it out i messed up

Dnyce

Smash Master
It doesn't take anymore reaction time that it does to DI. lol. The only thing that is hard to get used to is holding forward while in shield, imo. Everything else is suuuper easy.

Judo777

Smash Master
the chain camping didn't work on denti because
1. I still have a big mental block vs olimar and play extremely scared vs him
2. I never got the lead
3. I never got a good position to use it offensively because denti is too good
4. The times I did get it out i messed up
were you using it at the ledge? Cause otherwise its not safe at all. And chain camping olimar isn't new lol I posted that like a year ago and demonstrated on Logic.

Btw I'm just messin with you but yea only use it at the ledge.

Chok its just pulling out the chain on olimar at the ledge.

Judo777

Smash Master
i see haha does it stop purples?
Chain in general stops everything that olimar has with one exception and thats a blue and white grab which can outrange it if spaced properly.

However if olimar is at the ledge and you space ur chain just outside his getup attack range, he cannot grab you since hes on the ledge, and you can stuff his jumps and every getup attempt.

He can escape if you screw up or with some crazy whistle timing but its always some free damage.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mmmmmm. coolious. i gotta test this vs a cpu just to see how i should whip it out and around.

hehe

Moonshine

Smash Cadet
um i think sheik's most important tool against kirby is her horizontal ground speed. kirby's doesn't really compare, so that's the main thing we gotta abuse.
Judging that we dominate speed in this match up I suggest needle camping to the utmost. We have projectile priority, and by keeping a wise distance we negate Kirby sucking us in. It's all a matter of patience.....so for those of you too impatient or aggro to needle camp....go/learn Zelda. Her smash attacks seem more Kirby friendly. And by friendly I mean Kirby won't like it.

iLight

Smash Lord
I feel like in a lot of ways, zelda's smashes would be ineffective against kirby considering how light he is and the fact that you can di both u-smash and f-smash, which good players will do every time against a slow character like zelda, I played against Suspect a mid level top player in texas and he di'd u-smash every time and he was using marth and I feel like it would be even easier for kirby to avoid zelda's d-smash than it would be for him to avoid sheik's moves

Top Bottom