• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

So now that the unity rule set banned MK as of January 9th I was thinking of trying out Sheik on brinstar more. I like it a lot more than RC as a stage because I feel like there are too many places that put Sheik in the air or otherwise uncomfortable positions

sheikamaru

jive
So who would you take to brinstar, im starting to kinda like brinstar as a cp.. Well bc im used to being taken there and it is free damage. Just control the top platform. And im sad koku didnt xplain his name :( my name simply comes from a character in the anime soul eater

holyv

Smash Journeyman
So who would you take to brinstar, im starting to kinda like brinstar as a cp.. Well bc im used to being taken there and it is free damage. Just control the top platform. And im sad koku didnt xplain his name :( my name simply comes from a character in the anime soul eater
I would take bowser.
I dunno why, i just feel like ****** him there NO PUN INTENDED

Judo777

Smash Master
Hey Judo, is there a certain rhythm you use to edge guard with the chain?
Nope you just gotta get used to how active chain is and understand how to punish landings, rolls, and airdodges with it so they don't get through. Also you have to know each characters other options around chain.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Falcos, if they didnt ban it, D3's, ICs, Pikachus, possibly snakes, TL's. Pretty much anyone that recovers low, or needs to able to maintain a large distance away from Sheik.
Any falco unfamiliar with this stage is going to HAAAATE it lol. phantasm gets absolutely wrecked (especially if they don't know that they need to adjust it while recovering to go onstage lol), and of course it doesn't help when you can't phantasm anywhere and laser camp because of how confined space is.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
so I was trolling in Brawl today and Sheik became my ultimate weapon in that regard. f-tilt is ****ing hilarious with the ******** stale move knockback calculation in this game.

fthrow -> pivot bair was an amusing kill combo.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^inorite? I don't see RAR bair from sheik's after fthrow enough, I don't know why people try for fair since w/ decent DI it almost never lands due to range lol.

In other news, I'm finally starting to get over my Marth MU problem. Still really dumb to play, but I've learned that there are some good trusty options now.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
oh.. I count 2 as a lock...

they are "locked" in and have no options bar DI. thats how I've always thought of it.

sheikamaru

jive
I always do two or one.tilt to up tilt. It's a damage racker if you can pull it off everytime you get.the chance against marth. Or just rush in ps then retreating.nairs.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
if spacing it as a anti-air as opposed to a ftilt followup, then I don't think they will want to do that. Besides, that's what ftilt -> dsmash is for :)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you can ftilt lock into utilt in a way such that the upB won't hit as well. I'm just saying utilt isn't safe against marth and other frame one characters.

I don't understand ftilt dsmash at all... that are so many better options...
>: (

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
ftilt dsmash is nice and quick, and if you have no intent on KOing with dsmash then there's not too much issue to using it. Also, using it to make up for landing ftilt too early means that by the time they DO reach KO %, dsmash will be completely fresh anyway.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's because it works at any percent pretty much (unless your opponent's got some crazy reaction time), and the angle means getting the opponent away unless they're at too low a percent to make the KB safe (plus it's quick meaty damage, and allows you time to get needles charged more which are really, really useful in the MU). I've learned to use it less and less overall since there's better options obv., but it's still really useful for these sorts of MUs where even ftilt locking or doing an aerial afterward is questionable (and I like keeping my nair fresh in this MU for my playstyle, so I sacrifice one of my ftilt followups that are also kill moves for another to stay fresh. Nair and bair are my staples for killing in this MU to me besides the upB/usmash reads, because commiting to a kill move like dsmash w/ marth's oos options if he blocks can be bad news, low commitment and mobile options are good for this MU more than others (although good in general). This is what I had trouble with learning against Marth all this while, and it's helped once I figured this little bit out (also how good SH AD/spotdodge can be if you know when he's not going to use sideB/nair).

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
ftilt ftilt grab fthrow is gonna net comparable damage but help to dacay moves you ARE going to be using and fthrow is going to put you in a better position to follow up with more damage especially at those low percents.

dsmash is one of Sheiks worst moves for damage IMO you ALWAYS have a better option than dsmash.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
dsmash is 3 frames faster than grab.

Again, good option for if you accidentally landed an ftilt before it can actually combo into anything.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
yep, the raw speed of startup makes it much harder to upB in retaliation, and unfortunately grab is sort of a guessing game against an opponent that is at low percent b/c they can still spotdodge the grab (happens to me lots and it's very annoying b/c both grabs are kinda laggy lol), which is alleviated by waiting/pivot grab, but still, I like my chip damage over potential damage in a situation like that (esp. if it gets Marth to have to get to me again instead of pressuring in my face, allows for more needle attempts), I usually use grab as punishment for a really bad whiff or spacing b/c sheik grab esp. w/ boost grab allows you to grab almost anything whiffed XD.

Top Bottom