• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

zApollo

Smash Ace
Great meet yesterday cheese! It was worth the drive.

Project M doubles are insanely fun, I'm really keen to practice this game and learn characters that are basically brand new. I like what they've done to ZSS, but her tether needs to be a bit more reliable.

I also can see why so many people main the kong xD He is brutal.

Next time we should load up some brawl/melee as well.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Well I'm back from Sydney and I'm super keen to play some more smash. Ted absolutely wrecked my DK and it's got me feeling like switching from DK so I want to try some other characters to see what's up. Scabe you should host a meet ;D

cheese619

Smash Ace
Alright, we're getting stagnant again and s***, especially with uni restarting. Is anyone able to host a meet this week? I'm keen for some smash and I've decided to just drop DK for the time being and focus on my Falco.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Possible small meet at my house this Saturday. I still need to confirm with my parents. If it goes ahead, it might be nice if someone is able to bring a non-laggy TV.

And PSAS, of course.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Alright so, Brawl/Project M/Melee meet at my place on Saturday afternoon/evening, start time undecided. Anyone is welcome.
VK, Angie, Dave, Din and JOAZ will attend. Even Julian is thinking about coming! But he'll probably end up playing eight hours of Guild Wars 2 instead.
I live north, shoot me a PM or facebook message if you need my address.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
ACT ruleset:
- If two players choose Falco in a 1v1 match, no one is allowed to counter pick characters
- All stages are legal, no exceptions
- Neutrals are New Pork City, Skyworld and 75m
- Skyworld for Ike tier
- Any mention of PSAS will result in an immediate banning from all meets, all tournaments and the ACT thread, in addition to seven years of bad luck, reduced career opportunities and premature death

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
:( I've been taken off the front page.... :'( R.I.P. ErrOR

I still play smash guys, in spirit.
Just like you still use dating sites in spirit lololololol
Seriously though, you're listed as inactive. Come home dude!

Anyway, story time. Following the departure of the mighty Luke, and in preparation for the return of the magnificent Nanda, Joe and I have decided to reboot Canberra's Smash scene. Like, for serious.

My place, and possibly Joe's and Seb's, are now viable locations for meets, so we're going to schedule them regularly. Unless anyone has raging objections, meets will mostly happen on Saturday nights. We'll keep everyone updated here and perhaps on Facbeook.

We've tentatively decided to limit each meet to one game, so Brawl meets are just Brawl, Melee meets are just Melee, etc. This means that people who don't want to play particular games can skip those. Anyone keen for non-Smash fighters is welcome to arrange meets (at my house or otherwise) for those as well. No PSAS though. And no board games either, how many times do I have to tell you guys.

I'm personally interested improving at Brawl and Melee, so even if you're the only person able to show up at my house on a Saturday, you're welcome to come over and I'll play you. Alone. /Link1

*cue sad violin*
I've loved Smash since day 1 of my honourable induction into the community. However, I've not had the chance to play much on account of Japan, Dobby's Dungeon, my crazy aunt and Luke's late habit of blaming it for all of his bad luck.

But now, I'm free.

Smash has introduced me to a great many of my closest pals, and there are few things I look forward to more than an interstate road trip with a bunch of good friends, terrible puns, and hilarious antics that leave VIC and NSW thinking "Oh no, it's THOSE guys again." It doesn't make sense not to keep this alive.

And with that, how does Melee at my house on Saturday 16th or 23rd sound for the next meet up?

tl;dr: Meets on Saturdays; come to my house to play Smash. And don't mention PSAS. Ever.

Nanda

Smash Ace
I can still be a secret character of ACT. Fulfill enough conditions, namely Visa, Full-time Job, degree, Permanent Residency, and I will appear.

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER.

I'm still working on unlocking myself actually.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Felt like breaking my 3,333 post just for ACT.

The OP of this thread looks terrible now with the new migration of Smashboards. I think it's time for a new Spruce Moose update on it.

I reckon we could rebuild the scene, there seems to be quite a few Smashers at ANU judging by the turnouts on Epic Games Nights, perhaps we could like make an ANU club :B. We could help people get better. We could advertise something like "Become a better player and defeat your friends and family so you can rub it in their face"

And with Smash 4 coming along sometime, I think the interest in Smash would rise.

Anyways I'll show up to meets whenever I don't have Uni work to do. (AKA never) :p

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
The OP of this thread looks terrible now with the new migration of Smashboards. I think it's time for a new Spruce Moose update on it.
Yeah JOAZ, you should hand it over to me, ruleset needs updating :)

An ANU club is a nice idea, but I'm not sure how useful it would be, unless we can secure space to play Smash at the ANU. I have a studio space that I share with some other people, but I'm not allowed to invite guests in without permission. However, we could possibly store a lightweight TV and some controllers there and I can bring them into Pajenka's every so often.

As far as rebuilding goes, I think we may need to focus more on getting together and actually playing than acquiring new players - although having more players is always a good thing. /antisocial

Also: Smash on Saturday 23rd at my place. Brawl if Angie and company decide not to bail, otherwise Melee. Sound good?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Lucky I have you to be all realistic. I'll just be the brainstormer guy. OMG I GOT IT! Let's recruit seniors to join our scene, they can hook us up with grandchildren. :093:

Hopefully I'll be there at the next meet of yours. No promises though.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Don't worry Nanda, I updated the OP.

Also ROAZ I pretty much agree with everything you've posted and I'm down for a meet on the 23rd. Thanks for all your effort :D
Also I have a CRT rolling around in my car boot that I'll probably just keep in there with my wii + controller so I think we should be sorted for setups at any future meets.

LOL Luke! How's that perma-ban going buuuuuuuuddddy =p

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry it isn't me.
Thanks for the heads up, Shaya.

Damn it, JOAZ! New thread title should be used as that caption on the number plate of every ACT vehicle.

Mods are finally beginning to grasp the harsh reality of the situation - Luke just won't stay dead.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Should change my name to "Shark" and get in on that.

Dudeyes. Also I'm free at the ANU on Monday until 1pm, Tuesday until 6pm, and Thursday after 12pm; we should get that CRT into Pajenka's every now and then and interrupt everyone else's peaceful study breaks with shrill cries of "GET *****!"

Silfa

Smash Ace
wtf is this smashboards lol. how to read the grey.

I will try and come to a meet if there is one this weekend. You might need to send me your address rose?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I like the mains that you've given me in the OP. :secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop:

Also can someone explain to me wtf is PSAS.

And lol I can't imagine what a house with me and Jon would be like.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Meet will be on the 23rd (as opposed to the 16th, which is this weekend). I'll PM you my address.
We'll order PSA-- I mean, pizza.
It won't have pineapple.
I don't know why.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Taken from chat immediately after I reported Tom:
Tom: ":("
Joe: "deserved"
Tom: "no way
you didn't need to dob me into the mods"
Joe: "I hope scabe infracts you :p"
Tom: "you didn't need to dobby me into the mods*"
Joe: "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
F!!!!!!!!!!!!CCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK"
Tom: "you're basically dobby now"
Joe: "aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh"

I don't want to live any more. I'm sick of your crap Luke, I don't have to put up with it any more.

Top Bottom