• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

cheese619

Smash Ace
I play project m with Luke, Seb, Scabe, and occasionally Rose, Jon and VK. But that's it, if you want to get in on some of that let me know and we'll organise a meet. The problem is no-one seems enthusiastic enough to actually want to get better. Although I'm keen.

Waveguider

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waveguider
Ah, P:M. I still don't get the hype behind that thing... I'm really only interested in playing regular brawl x_x I was invited to a meet once before when I actually talked to scabe but that time's long gone, lol. Now I'm more or less iffy about meetups.

Not a single person in the ACT plays online either, and I pretty much spend all my time on wifi >.>

cheese619

Smash Ace
Hmm, we might be able to get a few people able to play regular brawl if you're interested. Would you be able to attend meets and are you on north or south side? Because most of us are on north side.

Waveguider

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waveguider
Oh, you don't need to make any extra effort just for me, eheh. I think I'm northside. Dunlop is north, right?

I'd really love to play in a tourney but it seems the last one was over a year ago. :/

cheese619

Smash Ace
Dunlop wow that's incredibly close to Scabe and I. Um Scabe had a house tournament about two or three months ago, it had about 12 people in attendance. That's the most activity ACT has had a in a while lol.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Yeah I'll try and get him to. I've been busy for the last month though with breaking my arm johns but I'm keen to play some smash again. Imo you need at least 3 dedicated players (two players play, the other can watch and offer advice and rotate) to build a scene and the problem currently is that while I play with Seb, Scabe and Luke a fair bit, we don't all meet up at once and have proper meets. Therefore no-one improves.

Waveguider

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Waveguider
That's a real shame. Well I'm sure the turnout for a tournament would improve over the normal numbers you'd get for a regular meetup. Then you can all play together and stuffs!

lol, don't feel pressured by me to take any action, it's just late at night and I've been infected by apex hype.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Yeah the problem is, in order to have a tournament you need to have a scene. And at the moment, the ACT scene is dead.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Hey cool after two or so years Waveguider is ready to play with other people offline, only kidding :p

I was thinking of having a Smash meet again (all forms of Smash: 64, Brawl, Melee, P:M, Smashing each other in the faces), seems like after Apex a few people are hype about Brawl again.

Silfa

Smash Ace
If someone has a meet in the future I will try my best to come.

I'm happy to host but I think I'm on the other end of the earth to most people now.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Hey awesome that Silfa would host a meet, I haven't seen your dog in quite some time.

Would next weekend work for people? Saturday or Sunday?

escro

Smash Ace
man
i'd be so willing to come down to see you guys again to hang out and play some smash
if a concrete date is decided i could discuss with like ted and stuff to -hopefully- bus it down together or something

also sorry for the chime, i dont belong in this thread lol

gomez

Smash Rookie
Keen to go to a meet for any smash game, just got back down! Currently living near Lyneham shops.

cheese619

Smash Ace
In an interesting turn of events, I may be able to host a meet this weekend. I'll get back with details if I can confirm it but are you guys free this weekend? Either Saturday or Sunday?

cheese619

Smash Ace
Meet confirmed for my house in Nicholls on the coming Saturday. PM me and I'll send you the address. It'll most likely be from 12noon until as long as you like, but I will confirm this. Escro (ACT's own ESL and the King of Kangs) is coming down from Sydney and will be attending. Scabe, Luke, Seb, Vyse, Gomez, VK, Rose, Ted. Hopefully most of the aforementioned will be able to attend. Everyone is welcome :D. I can say from experience that the ACT scene is comprised of some of the nicest people you will ever meet. So hopefully it will be a really chilled meet. Oh, bring your own controller and there should be setups for brawl, melee and p:m hopefully.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Nicholis is pretty far from where I'm staying, but I would be interested if there was another meet in the near future. Would love to seem some old faces (namely Jon and Scabe) again. Does Nando still play? He was a really nice chap last time I was down.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Yeah Nanda doesn't live in Australia any more. Where are you staying Apollo and how long are you down for? I'll hopefully host another meet in about a week, but if I don't I'm sure Scabe or maybe Seb or Jon would be willing to host. We all live on the north side though, except for Rose, VK and Jon. I'm also willing to give people lifts if they need help getting to meets. Canberra is a pretty small place.

zApollo

Smash Ace
I'm staying near the tuggernong region until the 6th, I would love to see you guys before then. Whatever date works for most of you is good, I should able to get myself to wherever you guys want to organise it. IIRC I played you at BAM cheese, you should be able to throttle me in melee when we next play ;)

EDIT: Did you guys want to do something this weekend?

cheese619

Smash Ace
Alright so I updated the OP.
If I got anything wrong or left anything out, let me know and I'll correct it.

Also there's going to be a meet at my house in Nicholls on Saturday evening.

Top Bottom