• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I agree with Nova. Even so, here's some matchup advice for you, Scabe.

They tend to be very defensive; don't pressure them or you'll get punished.
Don't try and hit them if you approach.
No matter how well you think you can read them, they will mindgame the **** out of you.
Despite being high tier, they'll constantly complain about being low tier. Correct them at every opportunity.
If you damage them enough, their teammate will appear out of nowhere and KO you.
You'll trip and fall off the stage a lot, just recover as best you can.
If they approach you, try and ignore their large hitbubbles.

Women. I will never understand them.
**** Rose says the funniest things. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edit: Man I really want to sig this but I don't want to get rid of my sig or go over the sig size limit by having both.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol rose, good one
dont forget how easy it is for them to chaingrab and 0 to death your wallet guys

Nanda

Smash Ace
That was amazing Rose. :D

Protip: After tripping, do not do a get up attack or roll away. Do a normal getup (input up) as if nothing ever happened.

Girls will sometimes target you, the low tier guy and start racking up a lot of percentage then at the drop of a hat they will turn around and KO your teammate. Be wary of your teammate, this happens a lot.

Nanda

Smash Ace
Specific tip for Scabe: Stop spamming projectiles and waiting for them to approach you. Get in there and attack them.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Yeah, they pretty have a counter for all approaches. And it's impossible to recover against them. I mean, their curves edgeguard so well.

GAY?

Smash Apprentice
Oh, that reminds me, I'm pretty sure that throwing a blanket over them and trying to kiss them is a one-hit KO, is that right Rose?

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Oh, that reminds me, I'm pretty sure that throwing a blanket over them and trying to kiss them is a one-hit KO, is that right Rose?
Well, the strange thing about the women matchup is that you're not actually supposed to try and **** them.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
:( and just like that... the world forgot about luke and his hilarity...

lol not really, thats some funny **** rose, clearly you should move back to act asap.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Haha, thanks Luke, didn't mean to knock you off your throne there. Still, it's probably the funniest stuff I've said since suggesting that you put 'world's 3rd best Ganon' on your resume, and that was ages ago.

Anyway, I'm working on the poster for Business Time. Marth has a sweet Austin Powers outfit. I'm thinking I'll put Scabe's face in the top corner to get a good female turnout, and Nanda's in the bottom corner to secure Nova's attendance at the tourney.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol, I dont have a throne.

anyways thanks rose, that sounds awesome.

if I could add a suggestion, you should make the overall poster not on a sheet of paper, but on a printout of jons face.

Nanda

Smash Ace
I need help in this MU when it comes to baiting and punishing. I try to bait an punish a girl but they don't ever fall for my baiting tactics.

Any suggestions?
Maybe i should change my main? (someone more aggressive with no projectiles?? Someone with fast attacks but low damage??)

Nanda

Smash Ace
I think in doubles, the best char to team with is a gay man-watch. Incredible approach and support options, but they can never kill. Think about it.
[edit]
But you have to watch out for team attack

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
do it, just send a letter to your boss, filled with 7 lines of 7's.

lol call in sick dude.

Nanda

Smash Ace
How is the ACT special trump card project coming along?? need help with funding?
[Edit]
Nanda has evolved into.... Smash Journeyman! :O

Top Bottom