• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

Nanda

Smash Ace

I've been experimenting alot and trying to find what options work.
So do you like men now???

Anyway, ANU hols start next Friday, Id be up for some thriller action. This weekend i can do night meets only.
Also, JA and Dave may not be able to attend thriller since they may be in Japan visiting our beloved Rose. Just not sure when it is they are leaving to Japan.

Once you get a confirmed date/week for the tourney, i shall see if i can somehow book a lecture theater for you at ANU (small one).

GAY?

Smash Apprentice
I can come to Thriller. Unless the world ends or something.

Also I'm down to go to Sydney this Sunday if you want to take me Luke.
I'd drive but my car needs a lot of work and I'm worried it'd fall apart on the way.

Also get Metanova to come to ACT and teach me to play Sheik.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I don't think I can make Sydney this weekend due to tests and stuff. I'd like to go, but chances are probably slim.

I'm up for a few hours of smash at some point on the weekend though.

Throwback

Smash Lord
I'm not coming to thriller but turns out I'm free every single evening of next week. Sounds like you won't be luke :( I really want to get a grip on your snake!

...that's what you wish she said.

Nanda

Smash Ace
Ive put my name in the Thriller registration thingo.
Have you put yours in yet???

And that is what she said to me. (It was pretty bad)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah see the problem now isaac is that from next week onwards I work 4pm till midnight, so I'm only free in the mornings still.

also you said you could go to thriller :( now it'll be just that little bit ****ter

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Man, no Isaac for Thriller? :(

Anyways what's the count for ACT attendance for Thriller? Nanda, Julian, Luke, Silfa, Scabe...

Also, we should start brainstorming some idea's for the next ACT tourney or the next next tourney depending on when Luke plans on the date.

Some ideas for the ACT Tourney:

• Posters - Rose has amazing art skills and could make the poster. Depending on our target audience we'll put up the posters around the target audience; High Schools, Colleges etc
  • Small entry fee - Everyone's broke.
  • Somehow convincing people that they shouldn't be afraid of coming/losing. - I think this is a big concern for most people. It was a concern for Waveguider I think.
  • Simplifying the rules - Alot of people play casually, so it gets confusing when they have to read a huge wall of text for the rules.
  • Letting people know about our scene - After the tournament if we can somehow convince the newcomers to come to meets and stuff. Or prior to the tourney, keeping them updated with meets
  • Writing up some tips for first tourney experience - ie Ask people for friendlies
  • Other forms of advertisement: Facebook, some YouTube trailer, Newspaper, internet
  • Video recording and commentary for matches
  • Some sort of free entry deal Free entry for girls? ;)
  • Getting some out of state attendance
  • Video recording and commentary for matches
  • Coming up with a good tourney name: That's What She Said
Let's aim for like 40 people :bigthumbu
And yeah I went overboard with the colours, I'm making a thread and I'm just experimenting with what looks good. :embarrass

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
most of that is already covered by me anyways, and I've been throwing the poster idea around for almost a year now, remember when you said you'd make one?

can I get some confirmations of who's going to thriller so I can organize you guys accomadation.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Oh right, I was supposed to make a poster. Doh.

Anyways, I feel like I've wasted a huge amount of time writing that up when you've already got it covered.
:urg:

Technodeath

Smash Champion
well yeah i have, i mainly only play Snake to have more of a chance of winning because he's a better character.

but weegee is more fun. i'll see where things go, i just need to practice against people.

Nanda

Smash Ace
Ill take care of the Facebook part.
As for thriller, I'm definitely going.

I think Someone should make a poster of all the legal stages which we can put up at the tourney venue.
For the tourney, if there are a lot of newcomer coming in, I think it would be best if we just do "RANDOM" for the stage choices (out of the 4 neutrals) and then do counterpicks. I find that it's easier than banning and much quicker.

Ill make sure that on tourney day, I will turn down the seediness.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Ill make sure that on tourney day, I will turn down the seediness.
Turn the seediness down and no girls will show up, Nanda. Geez. Also talk Iris into attending, it will get you heaps of bro points ;)

In other news, I have about zero obligations right now, so I'd be happy to design a poster or two if you guys are interested. I can also design a logo for Canberra Smash while I'm at it, and possibly even an artwork or certificate that could function as a prize. Sound good?

Another random idea might be to add extra little awards (Freddo Frogs, anyone?) that you make up on the day, like a prize for the best new player, most epic KO, most annoying camper, etc. It's extra work, but you don't have to be brutally honest about who you give the prizes to, so it might make things more fun or encouraging for new players.

Nanda

Smash Ace
Another random idea might be to add extra little awards (Freddo Frogs, anyone?) that you make up on the day, like a prize for the best new player, most epic KO, most annoying camper,
And Most seediest player. There should definitely be a prize for that.
We should give a can of Lynx Fever to the winner of smelliest player.

Also. my dog is acting like a cat for some reason.

GAY?

Smash Apprentice
I'm one hundred coming to Thriller, let me know about cost.

Also Luke, I won't be contactable on my mobile tomorrow from 8am to 5pm so if you need to get in tough with me about Gords' thingo on Sunday e-mail me at work:
julian.arnott@defence.gov.au

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oi ***s, meet at piesaacs bakery (no falco jokes or I'll **** your **** ****) sunday 9am till whenever he tells you to **** you.

so show up whenever.

FUUUUUUCK

Nanda

Smash Ace
Dude what $60, that aint right. How come its costing so much???? How much does it cost to enter each pool and what is the venue cost???

Throwback

Smash Lord
yeah so I can host tomorrow as luke said. People can rock up whenever but it's probably better if every1 gets here/leaves around the same time.

How about, 11-4 smash meet at my place, and that time may change depending on people's availabilty. Who's coming? Luke what time were you planning to get here?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I showed up in spirit!

I really want to play some Melee T~T, been resorting to playing Smash 64 on Virtual Console to practice my L canceling and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

cheese619

Smash Ace
I'd be up for another ACT tourney. But perhaps this time don't scare off the new players with the fusion thing you and ted did. ;)

@Nanda nice avatar.

Top Bottom