• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

Throwback

Smash Lord
well it's gonna be a pretty small Pie w/ only luke, julian & zier...dunno I'm tempted to postpone till next week since I have Oscar this weekend anyway. Can anyone else make it saturday?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dont worry pie, it'll be you, me, zier, julian, maybe dave, maybe vk, maybe luffy, maybe even rein so its all good.

and what about jambo?

and bogo?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the best robot? it'll easily be mecha-godzilla lol!

if anyone wants any training or help with anything specific just ask me and I'll help you out in anyway I can.

also dave if you read this, I'll bring your phone along, and can you bring me that controller you brought back from sydney.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
if anyone wants any training or help with anything specific just ask me and I'll help you out in anyway I can.
I'm going to have to take you up on that offer Luke :D

i need to learn whatever i can about how i can improve my Snake.

Romant1k and Muzga are so far the only guys that've really helped me out over here with giving me advice and whatnot.

Toby.

Smash Master
awww yeah, racking up those techno points. Gonna cash em in for a sweet disco ball.

Second super pro tip: when you're holding a nade, dont always drop it by a shield or throw it. Because most characters can't afford to hit snake and take the grenade damage and/or are afraid of ftilt, you'll see a lot of people running up to you and shielding. So while you're holding that nade, it's often fairly effective to grab them when they're running up to you. Don't shield grab in this situation, just press z. If you read them wrong and they try to attack, you both blow up anyway and they're that much closer to dying to a broken up tilt at like 10%.

Of course immediately grabbing somebody as they run up to you is good regardless of whether you have a nade or not. People will always be trying to shield your ftilt.

Toby.

Smash Master
Mix up the way in which you land on stage. Snake is suuuper vulnerable when he's landing on stage, and methods like falling bair are only going to work if your opponent doesn't see it coming. Where possible, try to prioritize the 0 lag grenade landing, even in situations where you haven't been knocked far. On that note, when you land with the grenade, make sure you mix up what you do with the nade afterwards. Don't always roll away from the opponent. Consider shielding dropping the nade then jumping out of shield, possibly into nair or uair.

Toby.

Smash Master
basic mine placement:

Generally you want to have the mine between you and your opponent. If possible, set the mine up under a platform and stand far enough from the mind to avoid the explosion, but still within range to punish whatever your opponent tries to do when they are getting past the mine. The platform is important because it makes it more difficult for certain characters to bypass the mine and get behind you (because they can't jump over as easily).

From this position you can nade camp far more effectively. Do this on yoshis island and battlefield and people will cry allll daaay.

If your opponent does a running shield into the mine, don't grab them like a sacredy cat. Be a MEGA PRO and use the short time they are stuck in their shield to stick a c4 on them for the lols.

Aw yeah triple post.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
thanks for the tips Toby <3

i do the nade grabbing thing quite a bit now.

the other thing i need to capitalise on is landing back on stage carefully/safely.

thanks again :D

more help than Luke.

you've also accumulated 3 more Techno points. not too long and you can have your disco ball

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
heres my lol snake tip.
when they are at ultilt % and above u. we both know the snake is gonna utilt.. so either wait for airdodge. or use upsmash then utilt.
that being said dont think snake has trouble killing people at all.. XD

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
*** hat, to be fair though, toby does know his **** and training with him is one of the reasons I'm a top level player

as for teaching you, I could only really do it properly in person, but some tricks to tide you over are, everything toby said, plus make sure you get into the habit with ftilt, that you dont use the second hit of it if someone shields the first hit

and tobys "walking ftilt spacing" as I call it, is very very useful, just walk away as they approach/attack you and do an instant turnaround ftilt.

and the mine thing, I call it the fortress, just pick a level like battlefield, mine under the platfrom, stand just outside of its blast radius under the platfrom, and throw nades, make sure you throw them 1 at a time and are prepared to strip them because people will throw them back at the mine, if they try and you strip, now theres a nade pressuring them at their feet, and another at your feet cooking ready to be throw, and then if they try to throw that one back strip it aswell, and you'll pressure the **** out of them. when they approach, they'll usually come by air, if they go low use utilt through the platform, if they go high use mortars (the platform will also stop the mortar from coming back and setting off your mine)

work on using nades for everything (if you watch me play I just spam them constantly) and dont just sheild drop throw, use them in different ways (besides I find that in most cases the simple normal B toss works better then a shield drop throw) espcially nade countering (fun tip, against mk if you get above gimp danger percent (around 100%ish) start nade countering everything, if you do it right not only will you tack on heaps of damage, but your nades will get heaps stale and then everytime he hits you, you'll take the nade knockback instead of his move, letting you live to 200% easily)

dont just learn B reversing, master B reversing.

and yes, hayter is gun hayt

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah he was telling me "I can beat tobys PT with snake, I just use that walking ftilt and he gets so angry"

oh yeah techno the most important tip of all, I almost forgot it,
denounce the evils of truth and love

J-Birds

Smash Lord
I just beat the rockets at the Goldenrod radio tower =)
Also my name is James and i had a dog named Jesse so yeah we use to steal pokemon and such....

Technodeath

Smash Champion
*** hat, to be fair though, toby does know his **** and training with him is one of the reasons I'm a top level player

as for teaching you, I could only really do it properly in person, but some tricks to tide you over are, everything toby said, plus make sure you get into the habit with ftilt, that you dont use the second hit of it if someone shields the first hit

and tobys "walking ftilt spacing" as I call it, is very very useful, just walk away as they approach/attack you and do an instant turnaround ftilt.

and the mine thing, I call it the fortress, just pick a level like battlefield, mine under the platfrom, stand just outside of its blast radius under the platfrom, and throw nades, make sure you throw them 1 at a time and are prepared to strip them because people will throw them back at the mine, if they try and you strip, now theres a nade pressuring them at their feet, and another at your feet cooking ready to be throw, and then if they try to throw that one back strip it aswell, and you'll pressure the **** out of them. when they approach, they'll usually come by air, if they go low use utilt through the platform, if they go high use mortars (the platform will also stop the mortar from coming back and setting off your mine)

work on using nades for everything (if you watch me play I just spam them constantly) and dont just sheild drop throw, use them in different ways (besides I find that in most cases the simple normal B toss works better then a shield drop throw) espcially nade countering (fun tip, against mk if you get above gimp danger percent (around 100%ish) start nade countering everything, if you do it right not only will you tack on heaps of damage, but your nades will get heaps stale and then everytime he hits you, you'll take the nade knockback instead of his move, letting you live to 200% easily)

dont just learn B reversing, master B reversing.

and yes, hayter is gun hayt

Thanks for all of that too

Top Bottom