• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I would love to play you at pound and hopefully show you some tricksies.
I love tricks. I will be there as well.
I'd still like it if X was around more often tho. not sure why, but i guess i thought i would learn something...

espy, what about delfino in sonic v olimar is the problem anyways?

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I love tricks. I will be there as well.
I'd still like it if X was around more often tho. not sure why, but i guess i thought i would learn something...

espy, what about delfino in sonic v olimar is the problem anyways?
He has an easier time camping people.

-The beach provides great cover if he stays on the banks.
-Olimar makes the mini pools a death trap
-The columns allow for more camp room as well as earlier kills
-The patio has a walk off which makes bthrow kills much easier, as well as the other mini pool.
-He gets ****ing PURPLE pikmin on the regular!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
just please, please dont counter pick olimar to delfino anymore.

also, you were the one that beat trevonte right? good stuff

thats 2 sonics being 2 foxs in 2 weekends, we might have to go back and look at that matchup again.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the matchup is even, and might even be in sonics favor. Its been a very long time since ive seen him play, but I dont really see kai being so far beyond nakat as a player to make him switch characters in a matchup that hes already 6:4 in.

that doesnt make sence to me.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
the matchup is even, and might even be in sonics favor. Its been a very long time since ive seen him play, but I dont really see kai being so far beyond nakat as a player to make him switch characters in a matchup that hes already 6:4 in.

that doesnt make sence to me.
It's not in Sonic's favor. Fox can turn the tide of the match in a heartbeat and he punishes so much harder. So, if he intercepts an attack, it's curtains.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
again, this isn't the only matchup everyone thinks it's hard for sonic when it isn't. There have been others too. Like Olimar. and marth.

People just don't realize sonic isn't terrible.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Olimar is still balls for Sonic, Quest. Marth and Sonic go sorta even, but Marth has a tiny bit of an advantage in his attack speed, range, and ability to absolutely wreck an offstage Sonic. Falco? Please. I trust Shugo's word over anyone else's on Falco vs. Sonic, and he thinks the match up is pretty damn bad as well.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yea espy, shugo knows everything about the sonic falco matchup. cus he plays bother characters. its not like his sonic is trash now since he hasnt played him in more than a year, or like he plays mk instead now. and its not like I legitamately play both characters in tourney. and fight tons of falcos all the time.

no, my opinion's worthless.

also, I dont overhype sonic. I may have some notions that people may believe to be pretty wild but I dont give the character any credit that he hasnt earned.

if falco was sonics worst matchup, the best one out there wouldnt lose to sonic. thats like san two stocking m2k, it just wouldnt happen. i dont care how little of the matchup the dude knows.

speed beat vinnie yet gwatch is still a counterpick matchup?

some of you people need to get real and come back to the reality of 2011.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

X, if you ever see these, just in case you wanna step up from gathering energy. and go with a CHARGE SHOT.

[EDIT]

... on second thought, no. You and Goku are too ****ing happy for your own good.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Cloud's up to it again...that art style fffffffffffffff.

Iono how i beat vinnie but that was apex...i didnt want to play him and vice versa for him. :(
Also, why bash KID for having a confident mindset? I respect that he stands up for his values and doesnt let others shake him. But when Espy gets in there...he kills me looool.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Falco? Please. I trust Shugo's word over anyone else's on Falco vs. Sonic, and he thinks the match up is pretty damn bad as well.
^This.

if falco was sonics worst matchup, the best one out there wouldnt lose to sonic. thats like san two stocking m2k, it just wouldnt happen. i dont care how little of the matchup the dude knows.
Just because Larry is the better Falco, doesn't mean he's the best at the Sonic MU. That's like saying Anti and Nairo are better MKs because they have a better record against ADHD than M2K.

Get off that KID logic.

___X___

Smash Lord

X, if you ever see these, just in case you wanna step up from gathering energy. and go with a CHARGE SHOT.

[EDIT]

... on second thought, no. You and Goku are too ****ing happy for your own good.
<3333333333333333333333333333333333!!!!!!!!!!
gee I dunno!!! those X's look sexy!!

we'll see, we'll see.

Thanks for the Avi's!!!

Kuraudo is my official Avi maker person (:

Tenki

Smash Hero
nothing of note, but I crashed a dorm Brawl tourney today and won lol.

8gb usb drive get! :D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
best part is, that even though you won, you were probably still scrubby enough to not make them want to quit the game due to getting mercilessly stomped out.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol

whoever was left spectating openly admitted that i was probably the only one there who knew how to play x.x;

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Oh **** that's mad sexy.
Would it be possible to make one for me like the one on the far right with metal man? Plz? Ily. :O
/toolazytomakeithimself
I'd have to wait until I'm back at my own computer. I simply took and cropped the image that was already styled like that and brightened/vivified it some.

I never did the effect on it. But I could give it a try later.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Updated the first post.

Came back from a tournament this last weekend. Got 2nd place. Videos will be up in the video thread (though there's only like, three.

Top Bottom