• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Absolute proof of Snake's broken up-tilt.

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
He can plant a landmine, and do an up-tilt far away enough to hit it, but not get caught in the explosion. Mind you, this is his LEG he's kicking up. Yes, he can detonate his own landmines with his up-tilt, without taking damage.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
He can also set it off with ftilt I believe.

I think this is one of those less-known things, still useful to know for if your opponents near the mine... you can just utilt xD

@calibur

He's extremely easy to gimp, spike, and juggle in the air for all eternity because of his predictable recovery.

No clue why he's so heavy >.> but hey.. us Snake mains aren't complaining.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504

I think this is one of those less-known things, still useful to know for if your opponents near the mine... you can just utilt xD

@calibur

He's extremely easy to gimp, spike, and juggle in the air for all eternity because of his predictable recovery.

When I say easier to gimp, I wish all moves could hit Snake out of his up+B, moves like Kirby's D-air. Because of that, I wouldnt call him "extremely" easy to gimp, unless your MK or DK.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Lol, Snake is one of the easiest characters to gimp in this whole game. But hey, if he's so broken, why don't you play him?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
yep rock armor, you do a total of 30 or more damage and it'll hit kirby out of the rock with the knockback but not the damage of the move that knocked him out of it.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Lol, Snake is one of the easiest characters to gimp in this whole game. But hey, if he's so broken, why don't you play him?
Because I hate fighting against Snake's cheap playstyle. Snake can kill you even when he is KOed. I only go on these Snake boards to learn how to beat Snake To me it feels like Snake breaks Super Smash Bros. since he plays more like a character you control in a third person shooter game, not a fighting game. I hate both ROB and Snake.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Because I hate fighting against Snake's cheap playstyle. Snake can kill you even when he is KOed. I only go on these Snake boards to learn how to beat Snake To me it feels like Snake breaks Super Smash Bros. since he plays more like a character you control in a third person shooter game, not a fighting game. I hate both ROB and Snake.
Coming from an MK main...huh...

SuSa

Metal Gear Solid started on the NES FYI.

Also, this is coming from an MK main. :laugh: makes it that much better you'd call anyone else but Metaknight "breaking" SSB.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
what you guys didn't pick up on is that johnny thinks mk and snake are broken and wants him banned because of it.

when he made the thread he was dead serious, this guy loves to john about good moves

Deoxys

Smash Lord
He can plant a landmine, and do an up-tilt far away enough to hit it, but not get caught in the explosion. Mind you, this is his LEG he's kicking up. Yes, he can detonate his own landmines with his up-tilt, without taking damage.
The explanation is easy. Snake is like a cross between Batman, James Bond, and Chuck Norris. Thus, his utilt is so powerful that, when he kicks up, he creates a huge pillar of air that smacks anything in its path upwards. It's not bad design; it's bad-*** design.

Panix

Smash Ace
snakes not broken, he's just Solid Snake. From metal Gear. I mean, If this guy can take down 6 MG-Rays not to mention MG-Rex The TX-55 Metal Gear, Metal Gear D, Aresenal Gear, etc etc.

What makes him not capable of KO'ing a few sub-bosses (metaknight) or pink fluff ball?

CSBrokaw

Smash Cadet
:laugh:

So because he's good, we SHOULDN'T play as Snake?

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace

@calibur

I have an idea as to why he's heavy.
In early production, Snake's model was intended to be a bit more muscular. Though the idea was scraped, his weight wasn't. Just a theory.

But honestly... heavier than GANONDORF?!

SuSa

I have an idea as to why he's heavy.
In early production, Snake's model was intended to be a bit more muscular. Though the idea was scraped, his weight wasn't. Just a theory.

But honestly... heavier than GANONDORF?!
Snake carries around an RPG, w/e fires the Nikita, w/e fires his missile from his upsmash, a Cypher, 2 grenades, a C4, and a proximity mine. Then his average body weight.

He's also a genetically cloned agent, so they may have made him as muscular as possible so no one can out wrestle him.

Just my ideas :laugh:

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Snake carries around an RPG, w/e fires the Nikita, w/e fires his missile from his upsmash, a Cypher, 2 grenades, a C4, and a proximity mine. Then his average body weight.

He's also a genetically cloned agent, so they may have made him as muscular as possible so no one can out wrestle him.

Just my ideas :laugh:
On the other hand, Samus has a half-ton power suit around her body and she's lighter than him.

SuSa

On the other hand, Samus has a half-ton power suit around her body and she's lighter than him.
She was also raised by an advanced civilization and the "Half-ton" power suit isn't that heavy to her.

You also fail to think of gravity. She wasn't raised on Earth, unlike Snake, so you have to take into consideration the ability to jump 10-15 feet in the air while wearing this suit means the gravity she is accustomed to was either much heavier then that on Earth, therefore making her near super-human or that it was much lighter then Earth, which would be doubtful for how she reacts.

Lurn2Nintendo

3xSwords

Smash Lord
He can detonate landmines with u-tilt, f-tilt, u-smash, f-smash, c4 and grenades without being harmed. Just an FYI

-Ran

Smash Master
She was also raised by an advanced civilization and the "Half-ton" power suit isn't that heavy to her.

You also fail to think of gravity. She wasn't raised on Earth, unlike Snake, so you have to take into consideration the ability to jump 10-15 feet in the air while wearing this suit means the gravity she is accustomed to was either much heavier then that on Earth, therefore making her near super-human or that it was much lighter then Earth, which would be doubtful for how she reacts.

Lurn2Nintendo
Or the fact that it is a Power Armor designed to make her abilities better might have something to do with it. What good would a Power Suit be if you had to physically be able to carry it's weight? That's like saying you need to be able to lift a car to drive it. =p

SuSa

Or the fact that it is a Power Armor designed to make her abilities better might have something to do with it. What good would a Power Suit be if you had to physically be able to carry it's weight? That's like saying you need to be able to lift a car to drive it. =p
^ QFT

Or both of our comebacks combined.

Now any more questions?

(Yes, we're heavier then a fat pig carrying a sword he doesn't use, get over it)

Fat Pig: 240~ pounds (hes a human fat pig)
Useless Sword: 23-30~ pounds
total max: 270 pounds

Snake: 200~ pounds (he's a genetically altered human...)
RPG: 25-30~ pounds
2 grenades: 16~ pounds
c4/Mine: another 20-25~ pounds
w/e he uses for Usmash: 30-55~ pounds
w/e he uses for Nikita: 30-55~ pounds
total max: 300 + pounds

Approx. with somewhat realistic values. >.> (lol I don't know **** about explosives and w/e so I made that up)

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
not to mention she can crush her skeleton into a ball and recover instantly

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Metal Gear Solid started on the NES FYI.

Also, this is coming from an MK main. :laugh: makes it that much better you'd call anyone else but Metaknight "breaking" SSB.
You may have been corrected already, but you are wrong. It started on the MSX. It had a lame remake of the original Metal Gear on it though and an original non-canon sequel called Snake's Revenge.

Anywho, I wouldn't say Snake isn't as broken as he once was earlier in time. The metagame has developed further from that point and most character can put up a good fight and even beat Snake. Spamming F-Tilt and U-Tilt isn't going to win you any matches.

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
At one point on smash wiki, there was a weight list that had snake ranked between ike and link. It's been replaced by the original now, but...

It seemed more realistic/believable.

sToRm07

Smash Cadet
dk = 800+ pound gorilla barely heavier than snake

its a game. Its not going to be that realistic lol...

look at what happened back in melee. Realistically, mewtwo's weight was way up in the 250+ LB range.

Pretty beastly.

But he was one of the lightest/floatiest characters as well, being one of the first to die to fox's broken up smash.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Snake = 200 lbs.

Snake's bad***ery = 599 lbs.

Therefore, he is almost as heavy as DK, which explain why DK barely lives longer.

Top Bottom