• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Metaknight's Tornado...

clowsui

Smash Legend
I was playing some friendlies with my friend's (bad) MK and I did a Usmash OOS to try and beat Tornado when he was pressuring my shield, right around the middle of its duration. It worked, surprisingly enough! I also did this near the end of the tornado and it worked very well also. Could somebody test this for me and see how this works/when's the earliest we could get it?

I feel this deserves a separate topic, btw, because it's dealing with a specific move.

kekcrcfoaasluh, olmoyar'oereb. Mods if you don't get this...use your mod powers to see the edit.

.AC.

Smash Lord
usmash has mini disjoint

larry does this all the time

old news

lock plz
learn2read.

@op

i've heard of being able to shieldgrab tornado (from m!kehaze's thread), might be possible to usmash although it sounds:083:

.AC.

Smash Lord
i dont think this is old news, and since it requires testing and such it probably does.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
it is possible, hit with the tip of the feet, or ask dehf in QA thread he prolly knows the spacing anyways

testing done lock plz

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Any ground attack that does at least ten percent and can hit out range the tornado can always beat it depending on spacing and such... this includes most smashes/tilts

.AC.

Smash Lord
the thread is about it being done while mk is pressuring your shield with tornado, but maybe i misread it.

lol

Cross.

Smash Ace
im pretty sure its actually anything with a disjointed hitbox. I can fair mk out of nado with marth if i can get the sword into the tornado to hit him before it hits me.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
it only works if mk moves away, if hes in the air and mashing buttons a hitbox comes every 4 frames iirc maybe even less and usmash is 8 so thats a nono

if hes in the air u cant hit him out of it too so a/z is wrong

.AC.

Smash Lord
im pretty sure its actually anything with a disjointed hitbox. I can fair mk out of nado with marth if i can get the sword into the tornado to hit him before it hits me.
and you can do this while he is hitting your shield with tornado?read the thread peoples =P

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I know that upsmash beats tornado if spaced correctly but...

Are u telling me that if MK is right in my shield tornadoing and eating it away.....that i can Upsmash OOS. Im pretty sure the startup frames of usmash will be hit by tornado

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
The OP says while pressuring your shield in the middle of its duration, not while MK is moving away.

IDK we need more clarification from clowsui

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah Xonar your attitude isn't really helping.

Although it is pretty funny.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Oh you didn't actually need to add me, I can read any social group.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@bleachigo: dehf told me to do it :3

@ozz yes

@xonar: larry and i talked about it, he's done it too and what i said to him was exactly what you said about the frames but he said that he thinks the tornado has a slower frames-per-hit rate as it goes on longer and longer.

like i said i would really like some testing on this. usmash is a vertical move with slight horizontal disjoints. if we could get it at the middle of the tornado or hell, if we do RESEARCH and we find out it works at an earlier point...MK would have a harder time pressuring shield with tornado

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
It doesn't work lol. Most it could do when timing it right is cancelling out the nado, but not break through it.

Me and Ozz just tested it out. D;

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Pure luck I bet.

I wouldn't bother trying to pull this off consistently. Although I could use a true consistent move against the Nado up close (ie: like how D3 can UTilt Nado). Doubt there is an option though aside from Reflector, but I don't like the ending lag of the move and risk getting Side-B'd AT me. Guess it's better than eating Nado. I wish Falco's shield was better, like Diddy's.

I don't bother trying to punish Nado until after the animation ends (Phantasm or DACUS usually) because I don't have a true reliable way of beating Nado in the first place.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
it works if the mk isn't tapping B, then a perfect usmash can get inbetween it if he bites your shield. If the mk is tapping B it's impossible.

Lock nao.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
This is possible I did it in a tournament match against Tyrant. It's very hard to do though

Anyone actually look into the duration of the hitboxes? Is it really a nonstop hitbox, or does it hit every 5-8 frames? If you look at someone in hitstun from in the tornado they take damage in periodic motions. This makes it look like the attack hits every few frames. Now, if Usmash actually came out during the middle of this lull it would overpower a weakly charged tornado. Any attack would do this.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The problems here are:
MK tapping B hits to fast
You have to hit the disjoint meaning you can't do it WHILE he's attacking shield or MK does it at a really specific spot in the upper corner of your shield, which isn't tactically smart.

You can use it if MK is retreating after the tornado to reduce the chance of being punished, but if a MK is moving away and you try to hit the disjoint it's REALLY hard.

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
Neutral-Air breaks through meta-knights Tornado, whenever falco gets caught in it, and pops out on the top, quickly fastfall and N-air and wahla. after that when you land, you can do up tilt, possibly Upsmash.

Same deal if you see the Nado coming, jump above meta, fastfall and N-air

Top Bottom