• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Mario's tier placement

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I can't wait until I go to my tourney next week to show people what's what with the character just above Falcon and right below Yoshi.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
That's what you meant to say, but I wanna keep Mario as a low tier for the sake of using him in low tier tourneys. If he isn't I'd have to pick up Yoshi or Bowser if he's allowed back (whole Mario character thing)

Thats funny... If Mario was to get put in a high tier he'd have to fight in hgh tier Tourney's
Witch is Harder then Low tier Tourneys

I did want Mario to be in one of the Mid or High tier's but maybe itsa better if he was in the Low tier

He didn't have to get put short though

smash64

Smash Champion
That's what you meant to say, but I wanna keep Mario as a low tier for the sake of using him in low tier tourneys. If he isn't I'd have to pick up Yoshi or Bowser if he's allowed back (whole Mario character thing)

I didn't know his name. I'm gonna change it. I did forget to point out Smash64 who is also a very good Ness.
hehe thanks, 1 thing I notice is thatMario gets a lot of rep more than Ness in the Midwest idk about other regions

vato_break

Smash Master
mario is at least 4 characters above falcon lol the tier list is stupid imo. me/hippie/and kirin were the only placing marios ****ing ridiculous im glad to share all my mario knowledge with you guys...im me anytime i will upload all my videos soon...im really mad i really wanted mario to go up but, i guess its not his time yet

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
hmmm...a question guys: if i place high in tournaments with mario, does it have any affect on the tier list?
i mean i live in europe, does it just affect the PAL tier list or even your tier list?
Not sure...if you guys have a separate tier list in Europe like Japan does, then prolly. If not, then we probably share this one. I'm honestly not too sure how it works tho.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I can't believe I'm saying.

I cannot believe I am saying this.
But Mario is far to low. In fact, he should be higher up. Even higher than Ness/Bowser.

Whew.

Also agree's with Mario mains. Ike is god ****ing awful and I've sinced kept that notion when a mod (ie inexperienced) claimed that Ike was
A. High tier in Brawl
B. Better than Wario

granted this was in Brawl's initial release but still.

PS: I have no one else to blame but A2. Dam you A2, if it wasn't for you converting me, I would have gloated all day long.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Mario being in low tiers, as others said, is good.

Also, @ OP:

There are more than just the top few repping characters like Sonic, Ness, Yoshi, Falcon, etc. The problem with Mario is the only 'pro' who reps him uses more Luigi (which is smart, since it makes him money), and there aren't that many 'regular' players who play him either, even in low tiers.

hehe thanks, 1 thing I notice is thatMario gets a lot of rep more than Ness in the Midwest idk about other regions
True, but other than like 2 people, most of the MW Marios suck (mine worst than most in fact).

Famous

Smash Champion
We barely have low tiers here...I have yet to enter one...

You gotta give the MW Mario's more credit than that...Though, I don't really know how it's like over there..

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Who other than Bo and Xero are actually placing?

1der stopped playing a while ago I believe, and stopped placing long before that...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I think his last tourny ever was in May 2008. It was the only one I saw him play at, but considering how he apparently hadn't played in 6 months, he was pretty good.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
ok, Mario may have his ups and downs, but I am not seeing why Mario is now below Yoshi. I respect Yoshi mains and have seen Yoshi played well...but I can't take a tier list that has Yoshi above Mario very seriously.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Well a Yoshi main just got 9th at a NY tourney out of 92 players. The thing about Yoshi is he isn't good against anyone who can outcamp him (Falco, Olimar, TL) or anyone with a zair.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Well a Yoshi main just got 9th at a NY tourney out of 92 players. The thing about Yoshi is he isn't good against anyone who can outcamp him (Falco, Olimar, TL) or anyone with a zair.
Yeah...Mario and his poor rep...I still am not convinced that Yoshi is a more solid character than Mario though.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Mario being in low tiers, as others said, is good.

Also, @ OP:

There are more than just the top few repping characters like Sonic, Ness, Yoshi, Falcon, etc. The problem with Mario is the only 'pro' who reps him uses more Luigi (which is smart, since it makes him money), and there aren't that many 'regular' players who play him either, even in low tiers.

True, but other than like 2 people, most of the MW Marios suck (mine worst than most in fact).
Much as I hate to admit it (as one of those MW Marios who suck right now) it's true. Still, since Mario gets rep here from (sort of) new players, that means we've time to grow and place better.

I feel like I'm getting better after every tournament (OUGA being my third) so hopefully with more experience, I'll place higher.

[EDIT:] Smash64's quote was supposed to be in there, but w/e.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I hope so Juushichi. We could use some more good Mario mains (If only I could actually afford to go to all the tournaments around here...)

Top Bottom