• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A URC members thoughts on the Metaknight Ban

BSP

Smash Legend
Why don't we get the other URC members' views on it? It's pretty one sided atm.

Cassio

Smash Master
You've had about 4 or 5 of them posting in here regularly. How is that one sided?

Edit: I guess that is kind of one-sided if you consider Mike being on his own.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Let's put it another way: MikeHaze you are on a committee where not a single member voted "NO" when the question of "Should MK be banned" was posed.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
if you're anti ban. why did you abstain?
i abstained? :troll:

Let's put it another way: MikeHaze you are on a committee where not a single member voted "NO" when the question of "Should MK be banned" was posed.

AlphaZealot is in a committee where not a single member mains metaknight. This committee voted to ban metaknight 14-0-1.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I haven't said which way you voted MikeHaze, but what the public does know is that no one voted against the ban - including yourself.

That might be something you should address considering your warpath against the ban since the news was released. Though I think there is likely an alternative motive that I won't even bother talking about in public.

Cassio

Smash Master
lol, AZ youre making no sense. There was 14 yes votes, an abstentian and some no votes. Voting no isnt always the most powerful statement you can make against the ban, and would definitely be true in this case. It just sounds like youre upset and saying non-sensical things with the way your posts are worded

Cassio

Smash Master
by no votes I meant "did not vote". Not voting no. Are you trying to divulge something about the way certain people voted or participated?

Edit: V this guys slow, lol.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol, AZ youre making no sense. There was 14 yes votes, an abstentian and some no votes. Voting no isnt always the most powerful statement you can make against the ban, and would definitely be true in this case. It just sounds like youre upset and saying non-sensical things.
lol, you don't know what you're talking about.
There was 14 yes votes, and the others (I think 3) were inactive therefore didn't vote. Stop trying.

Also, the one who abstained was obviously timmy or tommy or whatever his name is. Something like that.

Cassio

Smash Master
Voting no isnt always the most powerful statement you can make against the ban, and would definitely be true in this case.
I didnt think this was hard to understand ._.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didnt think this was hard to understand ._.
"Voting no" is pretty clear.

How about, "Not voting?" next time. Or something more ambiguous like "not agreeing" just to cover your bases.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if he voted for the ban or abstained it would show that he wanted to actually show a unified community. but the videos clearly indicate otherwise.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How about this:

I'll make sure to remind myself how of the strong statements members of [insert any body making decisions for anything] are when they vote "present".

Player-1

Smash Legend
you chose to not vote no.

And in a way tournament players get to vote who URC members are since only respected TOs are allowed in. If you're getting an average of 6 players every tournament then you probably wouldn't be admitted in the URC. If a TO is bad then you probably wouldn't be going to their tournaments and thus wouldn't get in the URC.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
MikeHaze said:
i chose to not vote?
So MikeHaze, why don't you tell everyone which it is:
Did you
A) Vote 'abstain'
B) Vote 'yes' (for the ban)
C) Didn't vote because you didn't even see the poll

If you want to keep putting all these videos out you might as well be honest with people and tell them how you really stepped up for your beliefs when the lifeblood of a character was on the line. Except...you can't since not a single person voted "no".

Cassio

Smash Master
Kudos to ripple for explaining it.
I'll make sure to remind myself of the strong statements members of congress make when they vote "present".
When Texas attempted to force a mid-census district change, several members of the state house attempted to flee the state rather then have their vote forced. Even if it didnt work out in the end it still made a stronger statement than if theyd just voted no.

Seeing 14-0 on a vote sends a stronger statement about the level of input and credibility in the URC than X - 1. The fact that its referenced by both sides is evidence of that.

Are your names MikeHaze? No? Okay, well that's who the question was directed at, let him answer for himself and stop making assumptions up.
Well then consider it a logical possibility in leiu of an answer.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Speaking of the 14-0 (even though they were all non MK mains regardless of what Mav says), I have something interesting I have to say. I have talked with Today and Yink on their facebook accounts, and they have informed me that Today wanted MK to be legal (but voted pro ban or didn't vote; I haven't yet spoken to her yet about this) BUT I talked to Yink as well, and she said that she doesn't think MK should be banned anymore and then she resigned from URC. In fact, I will quote what Yink said to me in a PM a few days ago when I talked with her.

Chloe
I think I was just so overpressured

I doubt she was the only one that felt this way

Cassio

Smash Master
It wasnt just for you.
Alpha Zealot said:
If you want to keep putting all these videos out you might as well be honest with people and tell them how you really stepped up for your beliefs when the lifeblood of a character was on the line. Except...you can't since not a single person voted "no".
Not sure if youre just trying to pressure an answer or honestly dont know, but this i just sillyness, lol. If you honestly dont see why someone wouldnt vote no when theyre against something then thats something you should learn about outside smashboards through review as opposed to forcing an answer out of Mike.

It appears Mike prefers to maintain his silence on this matter just like many other members of the URC. And honestly it wouldnt be an issue if the URC were more transparent.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
12-2.

doesn't make that much of a difference

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Really, because, I am not 100% sure of this, but I am PRETTY SURE (do not quote me on this because this is the only one I am not fully sure on) timmy and t0mmy do not think he should be banned either. And it is apparent that Mikehaze does not. So that's 4 players actually (even though none of these main MK).

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
12-4 then. that's still a super majority

Player-1

Smash Legend
It wasnt just for you.

Not sure if youre just trying to pressure an answer or honestly dont know, but this i just sillyness, lol. If you honestly dont see why someone wouldnt vote no when theyre against something then thats something you should learn about outside smashboards through review as opposed to forcing an answer out of Mike.
We're not forcing or pressuring Mike to do anything, we just asked a question.

edit: t0mmy isn't in the URC.

Cassio

Smash Master
Not necessarily you P-1 but AZ seems pretty insistent. Maybe just a misunderstanding.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah you're right, it's still a super majority in a very biased committee. Thought I should clear that up though.
you can't really call us bias without saying the same about yourself because none of us main MK and most of us chose to vote to ban him when you main mk and don't want him banned.

Top Bottom