• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Taste Of Buffalo 2 Results Thread! 8/1

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Oh, Goggles. Someone, I think it was infzy said the K.I.D meant: Knowledge, Integrity, Dedication/determination( or soemthing like that ^^; ) Is that what it means?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
my nickname has nothing to do with video games so if you are confused as to why I use it as a gamer tag, than I can see how you would find it funny. Other wise ill just not say anything and wait for you to send those melee doubles winnings that we earned back to me.

also @ eazy, if I im still in the loop and school still starts the first week in september. I wont be able to come back to anything in buffalo until after that. cus me and pikapika are going to SNES the weekend of the 21st and than im going on a family vacation that next week. so im pretty much booked until after school starts.

also for the next tourney since itll (probably) be after school starts. make sure to try and advertise on campus and get some of the college guys to play with you. theres always a bunch of new gamers that go into schools every year

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
my nickname has nothing to do with video games so if you are confused as to why I use it as a gamer tag, than I can see how you would find it funny. Other wise ill just not say anything and wait for you to send those melee doubles winnings that we earned back to me.

also @ eazy, if I im still in the loop and school still starts the first week in september. I wont be able to come back to anything in buffalo until after that. cus me and pikapika are going to SNES the weekend of the 21st and than im going on a family vacation that next week. so im pretty much booked until after school starts.

also for the next tourney since itll (probably) be after school starts. make sure to try and advertise on campus and get some of the college guys to play with you. theres always a bunch of new gamers that go into schools every year
More often than not, I am optimistic about new people I meet, you can feel proud to be an exception. Let's address the issue of theft, which you, Da kid, happened to have brought up, despite the depth of your ideas being on the level of a 4th grader.

I am not confused. I was knowingly implying that you have no knowledge and integrity in real life either. Why else would you accuse me of theft and try to soil my reputation when you not only lack proof, but have less of an alibi than I do.

I was playing friendlies almost the whole time, and when I wasn't, I was talking to Greg, Tom, Dan, Cameron, Shawn, and people can vouch for that. I had absolutely no access to your winnings. You were walking around with PikaPika and talking crap to everyone. Let's see, which one is easier to do, to sneak up on someone and take money even though you're already playing friendlies, or to get the money and to falsely claim it's $40 too short to try and get even more money after walking around talking crap and being around the money a lot. Can you even cite one example where there was anything in my hands that wasn't a gamecube controller, someone's hand I was shaking, or a soda?

You spent much more time near Marth126, than I did, and you also spent more time with the money (I had a total of 0 seconds access to that money, naturally), you could have easily gotten the money and then said, "hey, this is $40 short of what I won" even when it wasn't. You exploited Marth126's good nature by manipulating him and making him pay you out of his own pocket, just like you exploit the good nature of people around you that don't knock you unconscious for all the crap you spew. Not only do you talk crap in the game, but you also spread slanderous rumors about people who have done nothing bad to you and have been nothing but cool to you.

If anybody had sneak access to the money, they would've taken all of it, not just $40, which is also coincidentally how much I won from melee singles. Perhaps you couldn't stand the thought of another person winning anything, and wanted my $40 too? Not just the guy who paid you out of his pocket. In fact, I am convinced now, you go the money from him, and you're still asking me to send more. It's definitely a money issue, seeing as YOU have proven yourself to be materialistic beyond belief. So is that why you picked $40, because you wanted Melee Singles 2nd place winnings? Were you like "well, Melee Teams first place takes precedence over Melee Singles 2nd place, so I should get his winnings"? If you said that to him, that's messed up. Obviously you have some issues with me, because I've been nothing but cool to you until you falsely accused me. How would you like it if I accused you of something like ****** my ex girlfriend?

You remind me of the woman in this article, she stabbed her husband with a knife, then tried to call the police and say he attacked her: http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/bigger-picture/article.aspx?cp-documentid=20968901&gt1=32001

Mentally, I am pretty much grouping you with false **** accusers and false domestic violence accusers. THAT'S how little integrity you've shown. Change your name to da L.I.P: Lying Ignorant Prick.

Listen, noob, I've been going to tournaments and hanging out with smashers since 2003, people know that I am no thief. Wow, I think I even unplugged your controller as a nice gesture after our doubles match, that's what I get for being nice to ignorant (not knowledgeable) people like you.

It just pisses me off so much that you say whatever comes to mind without even filtering it out and putting any thought in it whatsoever. Don't expect me to be cool to you anymore, I don't respect you in any way shape or form. Don't try to pull any "you were defensive so you must be guilty" either. I know how shallow people like you think, I had to go through it when a girlfriend accused me of cheating. I went out of my way to be faithful to her. Trust me, it's not guilt, it's anger at your ignorance and your formulation of accusations without facts. I hate stupid people. (yes, I dumped her)

Good day, sir. (and by sir, I mean loser)

EDIT: Hey, I got an idea, let's both take a polygraph test. When it shows I'm right, I get to kick you in the groin 40 times, deal?

EDIT2: Where is your reply already? It says you've been replying for half an hour already, and I'm getting bored. I wanna be entertained by the lack of a sentence structure that it will have :D

shboke

Smash Journeyman
haha well goggles alexei is not the person who would steal money otherwise he would have kicked my *** long ago, i still do owe him $20 i even pulled out $50 around him and he didn't take any of it, and if he would have stole your money why wouldn't he steal mine then ask for more from me? it is because he is not the type of person that would do that.

talking about stealing...someone stole my controller...it was a purple controller with swastika's drawn on it.

shoutouts:
Tai(did i spell it right?) fun friendlies man, you were deff. one of the people at this tourney i talked to and made this day even better.

Alexei: you stole my money too ya *******! it was nice seeing you again, tuesday is a yes if you wear your russian hat you dirty russian.

pikapika: Grats on winning the whole tourney man.

Tom: <3 you tom, i wont be gay around you anymore though (: it was great seeing you again its been too long man. nice snake even though you sandbagged on me.

Peachy: DONT DIS MA PICHU!!!!!!!!!!! you kill me then take my stock then kill me then kill yourself(yeah i confused myself saying that let me clear it up) kill me, die, take my stock, kill yourself (: fun games man, hope to see you again.

Goggles: Taught my fox some stuff and it will be better next time (: thanks for the BF tip and his up smash, and alexei did not take yo money fool!

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
A couple of things regarding the fighting players (K.I.D and Moonshine)

Moonshine- that would be intresting to do a polygraph, but it would cost much more than $40, (but the polygraph prob wouldn't b for money, prob more for honor/respect which I think should be priceless)

I think, hope that the missing money was mixed up with the mighty taco money, because ezras mom needed to get change and may or may not have taken it. But this was all du to poor orginization and financing, which I will make sure does not happen at the next tournament.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
While I've loved watching you two go at it, I'm actually the one that talked to marth216 about the missing money.

I'm pretty sure the money was just handed to the wrong person and while I'm both thankful and sorry that he did give out $40 out of his own pocket, I really don't like the fact that someone else was given the money that me and kyle had to play for. If there is another tournament in Buffalo a little more structure would be amazing to avoid situations like this.

shboke

Smash Journeyman
can the next one(if its before school starts) happen after august 20th?

and still no info on my controller *tear*

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Wait a second... Was your controller silver? =O

You shoulda meteor cancelled. >( Also, you killed me first!!!! Plus, I kinda wanted that match to end, but not enough to kill myself. I messed up on the Poke Floats thingy by accident. But the teams were fun. X3

shboke

Smash Journeyman
yeah i had 2 of them my friend(he used it, which is why i had 2) said he left his on the table(where snacks were) and sat next to it, then it was gone.

haha yeah they were fun, trying to infinite with fox after no melee for awhile - haxed. although ganon might be my best in melee now lol

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Marth had picked it up, and asked who is belonged to, but nobody owned up to it.(This was actually around the end.

I went and played about 5 friendlies with Winnie The Pooh, and then it was still there, and nobody else was around. I didn't want to leave it there, and nobody have it, so I said I would take it, and ask around on Smashboards. I just forgot I had it cause it was in my bookbag. ^^;;

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Marth had picked it up, and asked who is belonged to, but nobody owned up to it.(This was actually around the end.

I went and played about 5 friendlies with Winnie The Pooh, and then it was still there, and nobody else was around. I didn't want to leave it there, and nobody have it, so I said I would take it, and ask around on Smashboards. I just forgot I had it cause it was in my bookbag. ^^;;
Maybe someone took Dan's controller and left theirs by mistake? Does the silver one have swastika's on it also? lol

Whoever told me my orange controller was sexy, much appreciated ;)

shboke

Smash Journeyman
i am jealous of your orange controller i just didn't wanna take anything, maybe you stole it!!!!!

no it didn't, do you have a silver or a purple controller with swastika's drawn on it?

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
No, it doesn't have a... *shivers* swastika drawn on it... But it does have like... a check mark on the back... not a swastika though... if it is, that's the worst friggen swastika I've seen in my life.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
More often than not, I am optimistic about new people I meet, you can feel proud to be an exception. Let's address the issue of theft, which you, Da kid, happened to have brought up, despite the depth of your ideas being on the level of a 4th grader.

Lets do that

I am not confused. I was knowingly implying that you have no knowledge and integrity in real life either. Why else would you accuse me of theft and try to soil my reputation when you not only lack proof, but have less of an alibi than I do.

I know nothing out your reputuation outside of what I was told. and those that confirmed those tellings.

I was playing friendlies almost the whole time, and when I wasn't, I was talking to Greg, Tom, Dan, Cameron, Shawn, and people can vouch for that. I had absolutely no access to your winnings. You were walking around with PikaPika and talking crap to everyone. Let's see, which one is easier to do, to sneak up on someone and take money even though you're already playing friendlies, or to get the money and to falsely claim it's $40 too short to try and get even more money after walking around talking crap and being around the money a lot. Can you even cite one example where there was anything in my hands that wasn't a gamecube controller, someone's hand I was shaking, or a soda?

So, as a fair warning to everyone who might have a similar idea of me. When in large groups, I tend to be overly boisterous and loud. Which is why i decided to lend my voice to help the TO with calling matches. but in smaller groups i am much calmer and much more down to earth, people who were with me at the end of the tourney (nitro/eazy/jinjo) or people that went out to eat with me afterwards (shun/infzy) should know this first hand.

You spent much more time near Marth126, than I did, and you also spent more time with the money (I had a total of 0 seconds access to that money, naturally), you could have easily gotten the money and then said, "hey, this is $40 short of what I won" even when it wasn't. You exploited Marth126's good nature by manipulating him and making him pay you out of his own pocket, just like you exploit the good nature of people around you that don't knock you unconscious for all the crap you spew. Not only do you talk crap in the game, but you also spread slanderous rumors about people who have done nothing bad to you and have been nothing but cool to you.

Being the guys that we are, me XXX and pikapika bash on each other alot, but if you notice we are always their cheering each other and watching each others matches. We are quite close actually. because we dont have problems making fun each other or trash talking each other or whatever, we are actually closer for it. If I trash talk you, you should feel 150% obligated to do the same, it brings people closer and it makes everything more fun, trust me.
Also, after doubles was over Eazy personally handed neil the winnings for our team. with the exception on my 2nd place in brawl singles i got my money handed to me from neil. and as far as getting the money. even now i dont know where it was,i dont know it it was in a safe, orhe had one of his friends holding on to it. and i didnt think i was going to get any money from melee at all until like 15 min before we left and neil handed me a twenty saying that he had to empty out his pockets and show him all the money he had, which added up to the money for everything except melee doubles, and eazy pulled a move which was actually incredibly big of him that neither of us expected and paid us the money we earned out of pocket.

If anybody had sneak access to the money, they would've taken all of it, not just $40, which is also coincidentally how much I won from melee singles. Perhaps you couldn't stand the thought of another person winning anything, and wanted my $40 too? Not just the guy who paid you out of his pocket. In fact, I am convinced now, you go the money from him, and you're still asking me to send more. It's definitely a money issue, seeing as YOU have proven yourself to be materialistic beyond belief. So is that why you picked $40, because you wanted Melee Singles 2nd place winnings? Were you like "well, Melee Teams first place takes precedence over Melee Singles 2nd place, so I should get his winnings"? If you said that to him, that's messed up. Obviously you have some issues with me, because I've been nothing but cool to you until you falsely accused me. How would you like it if I accused you of something like ****** my ex girlfriend?

If I had taken all of the money, how would eazy have money to give us? Also, Its not materialistic to ask for money i rightfully won. I actually think its much more douchy for me to come to a tourney and actually play to the top of my game (which I cant do often) and than tell me to not bother think or worry about the money that i earned in a number of well played matches

thats actually not a half bad theory, cept for one thing. 40 dollars is how much eazy GAVE us, but in M dubs, thats not how much WE WON. we actually won around 75$ (30 something bucks apiece) and never saw it so the dude just handed us two 20s out of pocket. and I only dropped the send me money thing cus thats what leet zero said to me.

You remind me of the woman in this article, she stabbed her husband with a knife, then tried to call the police and say he attacked her: http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/bigger-picture/article.aspx?cp-documentid=20968901&gt1=32001

Mentally, I am pretty much grouping you with false **** accusers and false domestic violence accusers. THAT'S how little integrity you've shown. Change your name to da L.I.P: Lying Ignorant Prick.

Listen, noob, I've been going to tournaments and hanging out with smashers since 2003, people know that I am no thief. Wow, I think I even unplugged your controller as a nice gesture after our doubles match, that's what I get for being nice to ignorant (not knowledgeable) people like you.

aightaightaightaightaight...
I will admit that my jumping to conclusions was wrong and than basing my conclusion based on what I get from others before talking to you personally wasnt cool. Im sorry and that was my bad.

It just pisses me off so much that you say whatever comes to mind without even filtering it out and putting any thought in it whatsoever. Don't expect me to be cool to you anymore, I don't respect you in any way shape or form. Don't try to pull any "you were defensive so you must be guilty" either. I know how shallow people like you think, I had to go through it when a girlfriend accused me of cheating. I went out of my way to be faithful to her. Trust me, it's not guilt, it's anger at your ignorance and your formulation of accusations without facts. I hate stupid people. (yes, I dumped her)

Good day, sir. (and by sir, I mean loser)
responces in blue

shboke

Smash Journeyman
haha that felt like kind of a cheap shot (: if you cant tell though my fox doesn't use upsmash that often before the damage is high enough to kill(if i do its on accident) which i wish foxes did more often. when i see fox's using up smash often even if they are at like 23%(opponent) i die a lil on the inside each time.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
So, as a fair warning to everyone who might have a similar idea of me. When in large groups, I tend to be overly boisterous and loud. Which is why i decided to lend my voice to help the TO with calling matches. but in smaller groups i am much calmer and much more down to earth, people who were with me at the end of the tourney (nitro/eazy/jinjo) or people that went out to eat with me afterwards (shun/infzy) should know this first hand.
It's true, in fact, he was even quieter, and more calm when we were chilling together and having friendlies. He had brought up the money once, but even then he was calm about this.

Ahh, the classic trash talk. I have nothing against you, you in fact are a cool guy, IMO. But you have to learn to take trash talk as it is. It's nothing but a little humor, nobody is expected to take it seriously. Which is why it happens so often. It shouldn't be taken to heart.

The beginning, a very good point. Why only $40 and not all of it. I'm guessing many would jump to the conclusion of misplacement considering how much money may have been there. Everyone, EXCEPT the people who have yet to geth their money(In this case, Goggles, and PikaPika)
(PikaPika!) said:
I'm pretty sure the money was just handed to the wrong person and while I'm both thankful and sorry that he did give out $40 out of his own pocket, I really don't like the fact that someone else was given the money that me and kyle had to play for. If there is another tournament in Buffalo a little more structure would be amazing to avoid situations like this.
Of course, this possibility can't be overlooked. Since I have no knowledge of the money, or who had been in possesion at the time, I can only offer my insight. My skills of deduction, blah, blah, blah and ect. aren't enough to try to figure this out.

If I had taken all of the money, how would eazy have money to give us? Also, Its not materialistic to ask for money i rightfully won.
A good poin. But I doubt that's what he was getting at. I think he may have(much like myself) wondered why all the money wasn't stolen, and I only have my own, and PikaPika's examples to offer. Although, he did have a right to ask for his money, if he hadn't recieved it yet, this fact remains. Although this should have been resolved when eveyrbody was together at the tournament. Now's too late to wage a debate about the money, sadly.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its for combo purposes, foxs up smash does like 18% and on most middle weight characters a dair gaurantees 3 up tilts, which is like 44% and after that its all mindgames and reads, but because of the speed and ******** vertical rangeof the up smash, it combos after that. so its a gauranteed 0-60 somthing combo and after that its like one more combo to get then into kill percents. thats the reasoning behind low % up smashes

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Morals of the story of this tournament

Ahh, the classic trash talk. It's nothing but a little humor, nobody is expected to take it seriously. Which is why it happens so often. It shouldn't be taken to heart.

Now's too late to wage a debate about the money, sadly.
yea... that.

and be more efficent with the TOing game

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
da KID: There used to be a lot of blood between Buffalo and Rochester, whatever you may have been told is likely to have precipitated from that. I have never stolen, in fact, when Rick forgot and left his backpack at UB smash club, I went out of my way to make sure it was returned to him. I am cool to everyone by default unless they wrong me in some way, and I try to make new friends at every tournament.

Who talked crap about me to you?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
we just got past this, why you trying to start new stuff?

i dont turn around, the past is pointless. the only purpose it serves is to learn so we dont repeat the same mistakes. look forward and focus on the future

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
we just got past this, why you trying to start new stuff?
I'm sure you don't appreciate when people talk crap behind your back either. I'm trying to find out who did that instead of saying it to my face.

I guess I can get past it, I have a hunch that it's Neil anyways lol.

unknown522

Some guy
woah mario moonshine is still alive?

also, sorry that I couldn't make it. Bi-monthly sounds good though. I'll look into getting a ride for the next one.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I'm sure you don't appreciate when people talk crap behind your back either. I'm trying to find out who did that instead of saying it to my face.

I guess I can get past it, I have a hunch that it's Neil anyways lol.
But if he's not playing Smash, he's eating, who could hear what he says with his mouth full? D:

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
woah mario moonshine is still alive?

also, sorry that I couldn't make it. Bi-monthly sounds good though. I'll look into getting a ride for the next one.
Yeah, you guys miss me much? :D

I beat Raynex last time I played him, didn't I? he's so good now lol

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
It's funny how every word but the first word in the question are capitalized. XD

*sigh* If only I could win the tournies how I win the the threads.

altairian

Smash Lord
Boo you forgot me in the Brawl results :p
I was Jordan, tied for last place like a champ

I had a lot of fun at the tourney, it was nice to play friendlies against a lot of good players. For people that don't remember me I was the quiet dude who mained pikachu and spent a lot of time watching matches and only played brawl :p

Hopefully I can make it out for the next one and put up a better fight, I'm gonna be practicing like crazy that's for sure.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Boo you forgot me in the Brawl results :p
I was Jordan, tied for last place like a champ

I had a lot of fun at the tourney, it was nice to play friendlies against a lot of good players. For people that don't remember me I was the quiet dude who mained pikachu and spent a lot of time watching matches and only played brawl :p

Hopefully I can make it out for the next one and put up a better fight, I'm gonna be practicing like crazy that's for sure.
I think I remember you, we had the Pika ditto right? It was fun playing you. I guess I tied with you too :laugh:

I second all the improvement suggestions, I'd also recommend making sure TVs are compatible w/ the Wii before using them. That TV we tried to use in the other room was too old(It needed a VCR or DVD player to work).

Don't get me wrong though, you still did a good job on your 2nd tourney.

hubble

Smash Ace
Classic Melee drama.

Love ittttttttttttttttttttt.

Everyone I met was cool but we need to play more melee, get better as a region, travel to nationals, put upstate NY on the map.

Top Bottom