• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A SoNiC GuIdE -5/07/09 - Some interesting frame data

SonicX580

Smash Lord
you jump towards olimar+attack, or you run/foxtrot back, then run back in after the grab reaches max distance.

If you touch the Pikmin while it's moving out, you'll get grabbed, silly.
Not as silly as someone requesting olimar data when the olimar's haven't created it yet.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Just like ROOOOY, I was testing to see if you were actually recording frame data or just finding links and putting them in a thread, which is kind of useless since a majority of us are competent enough to use the search function if we want information that's collected in a thread anyway.

We both 'requested' frame data that noone AFAIK has recorded yet.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
me too... I have a sonic guide with my steak every day for three months, and LOOK AT ME NOW!!!

Reading the olimat posts now. I had a problem against one a few weeks ago... made me sad...

edit: will nair even work vs the elemental pikmin?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It shakes them off for sure.

Don't count on using Nair against Olimar for anything else other than a quick punisher/aerial "gtfo of mah face! :O" move.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Go to "Go advanced", then look on the top. There should be an Earth icon with a chain. It's right under the smiley's drop-list menu.

Do whatever from there on.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I always mislead people :laugh:
Izzy caught me first.

But I did mean it both ways.

If you get pikmin latched on to you, you can retreat and N-air to shake them off, or ignore them and go for an N-air for a double deal, if you can catch the Olimar with it.

also, doesn't N-air also kind of neutralize pikmin attacks?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That is pretty freakin' amazing.

:093:

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Early December I had to format my entire computer. Sadly, some of the programs that I would use to make my movies were lost since I don't have the actual installation disks for them. I'm not going to be active enough here on smashboards to be the one running a guide thread like this. I strongly encourage someone else to goahead and post a guide or whatever and I'll have no gripe about mine being unstickied. I plan to be online later tonight if anyone wants to play. I hope I haven't missed too much in the last month or so.

infomon

Smash Scientist
dNES!!! We missed uu!!!111

epic new sig btw

no worries about the guide, I don't know if there's much that needs to be updated/changed about it, atm...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Easiest way I found out, is to hold Side-B and then slide my thumb down on the C-Stick going down really fast, otherwise I just jump in place, and that's no good.

Also DNES don't worry about this guide being updated, as far as the Metagame stands, this has to be the most current general Sonic guide the internet will have to offer, and the only thing that will have to be updated are typos or new discoveries that will be implimented into our game at a normal rate.

BTW you just missed the death of our activity... I blame the mods.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Your Sonic guide is amazing. You should help a brother out and do an in depth guide like this for Diddy. XD

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I added the foxtrot>true pivot as a useful AT. I need to add some info about the spring's invincy frames I guess too now :)

guide said:
There are also invincibility frames shortly after Sonic starts to move up, but not before he leaves the spring
I added the bold part. Funny when you forget stuff that you write down.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I still can't believe Utilt does 14%; equal to our Fsmash and Usmash (without charge; and srsly, how often do we land those charged?)

Equal to our Fsmash wth!?

The more I think about that..... I mean, Usmash is so much riskier. It's only good for being a larger hitbox to trap them in... but Utilt is so good. You can run up and Utilt about as useful as running-Upsmash (aka hyphen smash). And especially on platforms like those of Battlefield, where it pokes at the feet of ppl above you. I used to use Usmash for this (which can sometimes trip them lolz), but Utilt is just so much less risky, and comes out faster.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
UTilt has that wierd ending lag that I don't like.

Like seriously, you won't catch me doing an UTilt unless I have to force myself to do it, or on miSteak.

But that is lame how a simple tilt does as much as our smash, like seriously.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
U-tilt isn't lame. It's a decent move is probably used as much as my D-smash.

I use it when opponent is above me on a platform (only 2 hits hit) and sometimes against SH aerial approaches.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hey, is there a way to cancel the lag after the homing attack landing? I usually get punished for this, and though I know I shouldn't use it too much (I usually make the mistake of returning to the stage with it, and if I miss my opponent, it's a free KO for him).

Has a way to cancel the lag been found yet?, if there's any. :p

Tenki

Smash Hero
You can try floating Sonic towards the edge (lol, good luck, you'd have to know HA's trajectory really well AND your opponent has to be in the right position for this) and sliding yourself off the edge.

It's the closest thing to a cancel.

Buuuuuuttt otherwise you'll have to fall for a while.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Up tilt has three hits.
Stand inside your opponent and use the move. It's quite clear.

I was never able to discern what the properties/timing were, but I can see three hits.

Shouldn't that be in the guide?

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Up tilt has three hits.
Stand inside your opponent and use the move. It's quite clear.

I was never able to discern what the properties/timing were, but I can see three hits.

Shouldn't that be in the guide?
me said:
Up Tilt (utilt) - 14% over 2 kicks for (4+3)% and 7% on second. what? yes.
It's the first thing said. Aside from that fact that it exists, it's not necessarily something to make a big deal about, unless you can prove me wrong.

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah i noticed that a while back, but i dont think its actually possible to get hit with 1 part of the first kick and not the second. effectively it might as well be considered one hit. kind of like how marths upsmash seems to hit you twice if you are at the max horizontal range from him, once into the blade and the second part knocks you away

Top Bottom