• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A simple question: Why did you pick Wolf?

Calciphoce

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking about our furry friend for a while, and I came across the question of Why. At first, I simply said that Wolf was a cool character and I liked to be able to use him. Favoritism. Then I came to the conclusion that it was a combination of favoritism supported by my bias in conjunction with Wolf fitting me like a glove. This is could be and in part probably is due to my high pressure play style. I like to get in the opponent's face right away and make him feel claustrophobic for the entire game. There are other characters that can accomplish this, but Wolf's unique ability of a secondary hit to almost every first hit is great for catching people who try to shield grab, as you all know. I found that to be perfect for me.

But the question remains: Why did YOU choose Wolf (assuming you did) out of the entire cast?

dantawesi

Smash Rookie
I figured that since he was the last character to unlock he should be worth using lol.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I use Wolf as a secondary in some matches, so I guess I'll be allowed to post here, too. :p
Though, I may add, that Wolf was my first main outside of SSE before I adapted other characters.

So, why Wolf?
I mained Fox in Melee (next to the princesses) and I liked his playstyle a lot, although he was at the border of being too fast for me.
So, Brawl was released, and since Fox didn't speed down much, but the game did, though, Fox' gameplay was too hectical for me. The changes on Falco didn't help me much, so I tried Wolf (not to mention he's like... really hot ;D), and wow. He was exactly what I wanted to have - a slower version of Fox with more power, so to say. I mained him, until I got into Zelda (again) and Wario more than him. But I still love to use him.
Since I first played the Japanese version before getting the PAL one, I prefer Wolf's Japanese voice way more than his English one. Still he's really friggin' cool! <3

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
1) I usually pick characters who I think are "cool." And I thought Fox and Wolf were some of the coolest characters.

2) Mewtwo, my 2nd Melee main aside from Fox, was taken out, so I needed a replacement.

JCav

Smash Lord
ill never forget the first vid i watched of him *tear falls*

it was at shadow moses

it was snowing

i fell in love <3

and then i got cged...

and i played him anyway

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
ill never forget the first vid i watched of him *tear falls*

it was at shadow moses

it was snowing

i fell in love <3

and then i got cged...

and i played him anyway
I lol'd irl. I was psyched to play him because of early gameplay vids, and when I tried him out, he had everything I wanted. High aerial mobility, a gat, requires little patience to play, a counter move (shine), and also pisses people off really well. Not to mention, wolf is sexy as ****, a character you can be proud of maining.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Several months after Melee had been released, I thought to myself, "They should make another Smash game and in the next one they should put Wolf O'Donnell in it. Yeah, that'd be awesome! I'd totally use him."

That's about it. He's so awesome. Star Fox is my favorite franchise ever. I played Fox in SSB, Fox and Falco in SSBM, and Fox, Falco, and Wolf in Brawl.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Something happened...and then, I played Wolf. I don't even know how, it just happened. God said to me "ArcPoint! You shall main Wolf, thou shalt not have any other character before him"

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I choose him for my secondary main because I like him not to mention his sexy hotness hehe and because StarFox is my fav franchises from Nintendo and I been wanting him in since melee and fox is my third main.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Lol my stories the best of all:

So one night, me and my friends were having a little smashfest(brawl and melee). So I decided " hell, why not main random for a few matches." So, I did, ***** with the randoms that I got (can't quite remember exactly since we were all a bit messed up at some point in the night). And then I ended up getting wolf. ***** my friend, ***** myself from the "wtf, dont know who this wolf guy is but he owns face!!?!?!?!?!.....@.@!>!>!", ***** my dog who happened to be near me at the time, ***** my controller from fits of uncontrolled harm towards others that I just happened to see sleeping, and finally ****** the can of AMP that helped me get in another 6 hrs or so of play time.

So yea...that's how I ended up maining wolf.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Lol my stories the best of all:

So one night, me and my friends were having a little smashfest(brawl and melee). So I decided " hell, why not main random for a few matches." So, I did, ***** with the randoms that I got (can't quite remember exactly since we were all a bit messed up at some point in the night). And then I ended up getting wolf. ***** my friend, ***** myself from the "wtf, dont know who this wolf guy is but he owns face!!?!?!?!?!.....@.@!>!>!", ***** my dog who happened to be near me at the time, ***** my controller from fits of uncontrolled harm towards others that I just happened to see sleeping, and finally ****** the can of AMP that helped me get in another 6 hrs or so of play time.

So yea...that's how I ended up maining wolf.
My story is more **** than yours.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Because he's the cutest, most adorablest wittle puppy in the whole wide world!!!!!!11

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
wolf has always been my favorite character in video games, the fact that he is in brawl made me go into OMGfanboy mode, although i used to only main peach, i had wolf at the side at all times. and now that i think he is really close to my peach's skill level, i main him along with her

and the fact that wolf is just so dam sexy XD
Yiff >.>

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
I picked up wolf just as of last week. Im a long time MK player. And after adjusting to Wolf I see the small discrepancies; actually I FEEL the discrepancies. And it is how he FEELS that is the reason I play Wolf.

Wartourist

Smash Cadet
my story is: i saw a rock with a hole in it and saw a dark place so i went to the dark place and transformed into a wolf , and then went to the rock with the hole and it asked me to whistle a melody then i did it and saw
a White wolf and asked me to meet him in a place then i checked my map and saw brawl and then i saw the wolf and then used him and i owned evry1 EVEN FOX IN MELEE =)

(for the ******* who doesnt know what im talking about ill give you a hint ZELDA)

YamiJorie

Smash Cadet
Because I love his feral fighting style. All his lunging can make him pretty unpredictable, and the laser is nice too. Getting kills is pretty easy with D-smash and F-smash.

Wattage

Smash Rookie
When I first played Brawl I tried the whole cast out to decide a main and narrowed it down to Diddy and Wolf. Eventualy wound up picking Diddy (still playing both) but as I played friends the consensus was that I just did better with Wolf, and still do.

Plus, watching Wolf hit someone with the blaster blade and then in the face with the actual laser brings me unexplainable joy.

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
I like the fact that though he is a Heavy Character, he doesn't feel like a Heavy Character. But that does make itself known when he falls. I love just before he brings out his Landmaster, he says: We're gonna have fun, with this thing. I always do when I get to use his final smash.
And I have also scored some great KO's with Wolf. And won some terrific battles with the leader of the Star Wolf team

Patinator

Smash Champion
Why? Why did I pick Wolf? Me, Patinator? Playing Wolf, the character in Brawl that is as close to a character in Brawl can get to Melee, a game that I couldn't pull off the simplest of techniques in?

Ah, what a question! One simply needs to look up my history on this glorious site... Before Wolf was confirmed, before the first thought of Meta Knight being broken, even before 'UP UNTIL NOW'... I was one of them...

One of Wolf's supporters for inclusion within this great game. Wolf O'Donnell. Lord O'Donnell. I am one of the three remaining founders of the elite Star Wolf Squadron... And I... Am an honorary Wolf main.

I listened to his themes in Brawl on YouTube religiously, passing by typical dial-up internet restrictions... Then, when I unlocked His Beastliness, oh, it seemed as though I became possessed by the canine spirit itself! No longer could I find true amazement in my matches involving Ganondorf triple-D-Air strings... No longer would I consider any Knee strings from the Cap'n the most epic things in the world...

It all happened because of that one, amazing move that Lord O'Donnell possesses... The Back Aerial.

I-It happened to fast, I... Upon using the move on a CPU, I-I... I sprouted fur... A Wolflike muzzle... My incisor teeth sharpened and lengthened dramatically...

And now, the only thing that can be heard as I play Brawl are the growls, roars, and battle shouts of a lone, blood-hungry, yet content Wolf...

Top Bottom