• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
We don't know if the Tortimer trophy entails that his Shadow form will be mentioned within the trophy, which may be mentioned in the Petey trophy. I need more conclusive evidence to prove him a phony.

WiiPlaya77

Smash Cadet
wait, so now he says he knows the roster, but won't say because, why? he'd get in trouble? and yet everything else he's revealed is ok? If he has multiple sources, how could he get in trouble? They wouldn't know which source he got it from...I'm starting to hope this guy's fake just because I could appreciate his ideas then, otherwise if he really knows so much, he sure is being an arrogant prick about it.

Frogla

Smash Ace
What bothers me is that Serebii won't tell us that this move is not Charizards Up B. Erm Lucky guess perhaps, I dont know.

Zek

Smash Ace
This guy's story changes every day. He's getting sloppy. I still say he's full of it.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
...I don't believe this guy for a second (I made posts using variations of Iron Maiden lyrics just because I thought it was ridiculous) but I REALLY like some of his ideas for SSE.

I mean, if everyone's together, why can't some of this stuff happen? Smashville is in the world, so... they're EASY prey for someone like Gannondorf. What's going to happen? Are they going to all rise up with their axes and try and chop him down like a tree? No. He's gonna steamroll them. Also, Eggman as a boss makes more sense than not... with the exceptions of where and when, most people could've called that. Badnik Pikmin enemies are cool, but I'd rather see roboticized koopas.

Anyway, still BS, but clever BS.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Yes .

I pfft to this minor spam.

Anyways, some of the things he says is great and it would be awesome if it was in Brawl. Things like "AT have an important role in SE" and "A cut character plays an important role in SE". I really hope it's true.
Funny Coming from the person who posted his own "leak" thread.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Tortimer being a boss is one of the weirdest things I heard from a prophet after the goat's update.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
that was the worst cover up of a mistake made on a "prophets" part that i have ever seen

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I am a full-time beliver in this guy. Not only because hes not saying "Omg X character is in! replacing X character!" but because he went back on something he previously said, apologized, and said it was wrong, this is why.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't matter if he's polite he still did a terrible job covering up his obvious slip up.

EDIT: Now that I read the post i missed yesterday I relize he slipped up twice, trying to cover up something he said that's been proven wrong.

Scribble

Smash Rookie
What's neat about this is that an item or AT that wouldn't usually be considered exciting on the Dojo, could prove this guy as a liar/genuine prophet.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I am a full-time beliver in this guy. Not only because hes not saying "Omg X character is in! replacing X character!" but because he went back on something he previously said, apologized, and said it was wrong, this is why.
You seem to believe in this guy just because you feel that at least one of the prophets must be the real deal and he seems legit. Have you considered that maybe Brawl just won't get leaked?
Couldn't anyone on Smashboards or anywhere else just post some BS like this and make it sound real? What has this person done to earn your trust?
You refuse to consider the possibility that this is a faker just because you want it to be real, despite all the evidence to the contrary.
Enjoy your disappointment when this turns out to be fake. :)

Luigi player

Smash Master
I don't read his SSE info, because of spoilyness.

But that Mewtwo thing shocked me, lol. I hope he's still playable...

And I really like the Mario Bros stage, it sounds awesome...

I think he might be telling the truth, and if not, it wouldn't be too bad anyway, because he doesn't reveal the things I really care about. I'm sure the ATs, stages, SSE Bosses and the SSE will be really great, even if it doesn't has some things that he said.

Athos

Smash Cadet
I thought the other guy had better ideas....this guy is a total fake. I'm sorry, but his idea's are not even realistic.

Oh, and this is great for establishing creditability.

"I was so angry that in my rage I almost decided to reveal all the characters, but no, I think Im not going to do it."

If he really knew who those characters were, he would have nothing to fear by revealing them. At least the other fake leaker had the balls to reveal a character list.

.....tisk tisk

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Well, in just 13 days we'll know if he is a fool or legitimately had info. It would be stupid to type up so much intricate info right? One thing I don't get about sources is why would you give them to another person right? Maybe he is trying to protect his job at Nintendo? Why would a Nintendo employee care about spoiling a roster to gain fame on GS an putting his job in jeopperdy?

Eagle-Eye

Smash Rookie
we'll know soon if he's lying because the CoCoCoro cards are out and then we'll get charizards up B.
Those of us who aren't ******** already know he's lying, we'll just be able to prove it soon. I'm sure he'll just say his sources misinformed him or some other nonsense.

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
what if he is reliable, but his sources aren't? like he is saying what he knows but his sources are lying to him and he blindly believes him.

imagine it

random guy: hey, I a friend of Sakurai, do you want some Brawl info that no one knows?
almightygoat: yes, tell me everything you know!
random guy: I can tell you that (insert Brawl info here)
almightygoat: awesome! I will tell everyone by posting daily updates in a website! thank you, reliable Sakurai friend!

Biolizard28

Smash Cadet
what if he is reliable, but his sources aren't? like he is saying what he knows but his sources are lying to him and he blindly believes him.

imagine it

random guy: hey, I a friend of Sakurai, do you want some Brawl info that no one knows?
almightygoat: awesome! I will tell everyone by posting daily updates in a website! thank you, reliable Sakurai friend!
We can't know for sure, so, as I'm sure you've all been doing from the start, take this guy with a grain of salt.

limitbreak

Smash Ace

imagine it

Ummm are you an itiot? Why the hell would he tell us info that isn't from someone that isnt 100% reliable? Why would some random "Sakurai friend" telll him anything about smash. Jeese.

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
The odds of them explaining the Up+B of a third of a character is quite low...We won't know until the game is out. He may as well explain the second taunt of Ike, they won't bother getting in-depth enough for it, so he's safe.

Cold reading is an ancient method of faking knowledge. Psychics are famous for it, but they typically run off existing clues. This guy can say anything game-related, it's a wild enough series that he can get off-topic and still seem right.

SolidSnake27

Smash Cadet
My main problem with this guy is that 50% of the time he claims that he knows the entire roster. The other 50%, he acts like he doesn't, saying things like, "Maybe this will help _____'s chances of becoming playable."

gigasteve

Smash Ace
sounds intresting but currently can't view it becuse the school proxyed the site
Have you tried pigfork? It works. Just go to yahoo, type in pigfork.com, and click the last link (not the guy in green).
Anyways, I am a smart person (in a way, especially english) and from what i've read, I slightly believe him, but that proves NOTHING. I just find small details that some may not pick up, and if, for example, he says "save before the fight", that tells me that he knew about saving, but thought it was only a small detail because he's used to it and just wanted to reveal something bigger. Which means there's more of a chance he's right.

I don't believe this guy 100% until we get something that disproves him.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Ummm are you an itiot? Why the hell would he tell us info that isn't from someone that isnt 100% reliable? Why would some random "Sakurai friend" telll him anything about smash. Jeese.
Maybe because he's a frickin hoax? Anyone could of told him that THEY had insider info. If he was gullible enough to believe it, like many posters in this thread, he might have posted it as though it were a real leak. I can't see why people are still putting their faith in this guy.
What has he done to prove that his words are any more truthful than those of all the other prophets?
Why is he contradicting himself, stating at one time that he doesn't know the roster, and at other times that he does?
Why doesn't he just reveal all the info he claims to have? A leak is a leak. If the info he has stated so far IS true, then he would have already committed a high crime. He has nothing to gain from trying to be secretive, other than the attention of gullible people.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
Well, today's "update" of Almighty Goat baffled people when he said Tortimer is a boss. But here is the contradiction.

In the trophy stand update, Sakurai says this:

"Since you can’t get these trophies if you don’t have a trophy stand, pure skill is not enough—it requires a little luck, too."

Not "up until now" crap. He actually says "You CAN'T". You can't get the Boss trophys without the Trophy Stand.

No, go to the Coi Launchr update:

Tortimer is caught with the Coin Launcher. So he can't be a boss.

Almighty Goat is fake.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Maybe because he's a frickin hoax? Anyone could of told him that THEY had insider info. If he was gullible enough to believe it, like many posters in this thread, he might have posted it as though it were a real leak. I can't see why people are still putting their faith in this guy.
What has he done to prove that his words are any more truthful than those of all the other prophets?
Why is he contradicting himself, stating at one time that he doesn't know the roster, and at other times that he does?
Why doesn't he just reveal all the info he claims to have? A leak is a leak. If the info he has stated so far IS true, then he would have already committed a high crime. He has nothing to gain from trying to be secretive, other than the attention of gullible people.
... which is exactly my point. If this guy is for real, then hes getting his info from a real source. I could easily go on smashboards and say that I was a friend of Sakurai's and had all of the info. Would you believe me? Hell no you wouldnt. So in other words, either a) he PERSONALLY knows someone of source, b) he thinks he met someone online that has the info (ITIOT), or c) hes just really bsing the hell out of us and bringing some good updates.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Tortimer is caught with the Coin Launcher. So he can't be a boss.

Almighty Goat is fake.
As was pointed out in the original thread, there could be a "Possessed Tortimer" trophy along with normal Tortimer. It would make sense.

With Pokemon Trainer's moveset being revealed, I think we can all agree that if Almightygoat was right about Air Slash, than he's trustworthy. Air Slash is too obscure of an attack to be guessed. Seriously.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I'll read this for awhile. But the moment ONE thing he posts is proved wrong I'm forgetting about him. I won't wait for any explanation. Right now I just wish Charizard's Up B would be confirmed from the Coro Coro cards.... Ivy and Squirtle have had their's scanned already... guess this will happen within the next few days though.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
As was pointed out in the original thread, there could be a "Possessed Tortimer" trophy along with normal Tortimer. It would make sense.

With Pokemon Trainer's moveset being revealed, I think we can all agree that if Almightygoat was right about Air Slash, than he's trustworthy. Air Slash is too obscure of an attack to be guessed. Seriously.
That's pushing it. ALOT. Tortimer is an un-important character in terms of Smash. If he were to be a boss, his boss trophy would be his only one. Why give him 2 trophys? It would be pointless.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
That's pushing it. ALOT. Tortimer is an un-important character in terms of Smash. If he were to be a boss, his boss trophy would be his only one. Why give him 2 trophys? It would be pointless.
Because Animal Crossing is not as repped so well? Also, you wouldn't want more trophies? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom