• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
who is andabond
-Andabond, the original character, is a legendary knight who vanquished the Ancient Minister long ago after his tyrannical rule over the world. He controlled order using two hands: the Master Hand, which maintained Law, and the Crazy Hand, which maintained Order. He became corrupt, so the brave knight Andabond fought all of them. He defeated them and saved the world, but in the process he became sealed as a trophy. Only the one meant to vanquish all evil can save him, and that hero is Meta Knight. He frees Andabond and defeats the Ancient Minister but becomes sealed in a trophy forever.
Smash Bros. original char. Fake though.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
The roster seemed okay until the demon in red tights showed up and destroy all credebility

Except spider-man i lkied the roster... :( why

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I found it quite amusing. I mean, I was like "HAHAHA holy crap." Then I imagined it:

SPIDERMAN
SPIDERMAN
DOES WHATEVER A SPIDER CAN

Of course I knew it was a joke. Why the hell would they choose Spiderman over any other character anyway unless they chose the Fonz in waterskies?

In fact he should have said him too. Stage of his would have been jumping sharks.
SPIDER-MAN GOD****IT, NOT SPIDERMAN.

Also, the last few comments on that blog really summarize my feelings. You guys really don't have any humor. Smash has become an obsession for you guys, a life. It's unhealthy. Wonder why I quit gaming by myself? Because it's not healthy for me, and because it's not my life.

I think everybody should just back away from Smash all together.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
SPIDER-MAN GOD****IT, NOT SPIDERMAN.

Also, the last few comments on that blog really summarize my feelings. You guys really don't have any humor. Smash has become an obsession for you guys, a life. It's unhealthy. Wonder why I quit gaming by myself? Because it's not healthy for me, and because it's not my life.

I think everybody should just back away from Smash all together.
An obsession? You're one to talk, you're exploding over someone missing a HYPHEN in a comic book hero's name.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I agree with this man.
I feel like posting another wall of text as to why this leaker is fake, but no one will believe it anyway. They're still going to put their undying faith in a person who has no credibility.
I think in the end everyone knows they don't trust anything supposedly leaked. The Smash community a few weeks before launch is expected to be a little unstable and nervous, at its weakest point. That's why there are so many people going for a chance at attention. In the end either one of them will be right or none will. Nintendo has learned from last time to be more careful so I think it's not safe to say at all that any one of these is credible.

I think it's best just to not pay attention to them and not to waste your time with debunking these attention grabbers. And I think it's expected for people to get a little anxious and take a peek at them from time to time just to keep them captivated. But that's what the Dojo is for and we shouldn't stoop to such levels. In fact, I think the Dojo is there to draw our attention away from these supposed "leakers" and keep us cool until then so we won't kill ourselves for the most anticipated Nintendo game in the world. I hope no one is gullible enough to believe these people though. Trust me, don't set yourself up for disappointment. I'm Brink, and I approve this message.

stepmaniers13

Smash Cadet
If you can accept that all leaks are false until we see absolute proof (absolute, as in THE ACTUAL GAME) then you realize these are all great reads for entertainment purposes. All the rosters show characters that people want, and it also shows the stubborness of many of the players immediately trying to find EVERY possible detail to prove them wrong.

I say good job "leakers" as I haven't had this much fun reading what people have to say since my high school AP world history class, when my classmates compared civilizations to unicorns and alphabet soup.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
http://uk.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/
Hey guys,

So basically I've been feeding you guys info for a while. But then I had a great idea. I want to hear some game ideas from you guys just for fun. What do you think should be in Brawl? I'll make this a daily post with a different theme each day. I'll call it Reader's Corner. Basically just describe any ideas you think should be in Brawl. Just for some creative leg room, y'know? I thought it'd be a fun way just to chill out. Anyways, today's topic:

CREATE AN ASSIST TROPHY

Basically state the name, origin, and what it does. Aaaand break!
Hahaha, oh wow. As if this guy couldn't make it any more blatant that he's only doing this for the attention... and not only that, but the conspiracy theroist in me is also beginning to think he's trying to make people believe him by just quoting what people want as an assist trophy.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
http://uk.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/

Hahaha, oh wow. As if this guy couldn't make it any more blatant that he's only doing this for the attention... and not only that, but the conspiracy theroist in me is also beginning to think he's trying to make people believe him by just quoting what people want as an assist trophy.
Ah ha ha. Oh my gosh, he's that desperate. And this only makes him seem more like he is a 15 year old from the U.K. since he made an account there. I can't wait to see how he sounds in Smash Dash just to see what happens.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Sad to say, I'm laughing alongside the AlmightyGoat at you guys. I'm all for trying to figure out this guy like the rest of you, but watching the lot of you bicker back and forth is embarrassing. He had every right to pull the stunt he did. I won't repeat anything because Gary already stated it. The guy did it because you were all wound up tighter than a compressed spring and more than willing to snap at painfully obvious bait.

That said. Sure, if the guy gets debunked, he's debunked, end of story, but if he's going to such lengths and creativity to entertain us till Brawl gets here, then I am GOING to humor the guy. Because to be quite honest, the kid is very good at this. I point to the heroic Andabond, the bitter spray, and furniture leaves as an example. So sit back, stop making clowns of yourselves and stop acting more childishly than he is and take it for what it is, a good show. To those of you who laughed at the joke, you're going to be the real winners and enjoyers of the game when it comes out. *grabs popcorn and starts munching*

Buggswatter

Smash Rookie
Sounds like the easiest way to get new and creative "information" to put in some updates. I really don't care either way, but if he can convince people to provide him with fan-based information he could very easily reform those ideas to make them sound like one of his updates.

If that was actually true, I'd gotta hand it to him. It would be a corporate CEO move really haha.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Sad to say, I'm laughing alongside the AlmightyGoat at you guys. I'm all for trying to figure out this guy like the rest of you, but watching the lot of you bicker back and forth is embarrassing. He had every right to pull the stunt he did. I won't repeat anything because Gary already stated it. The guy did it because you were all wound up tighter than a compressed spring and more than willing to snap at painfully obvious bait.

That said. Sure, if the guy gets debunked, he's debunked, end of story, but if he's going to such lengths and creativity to entertain us till Brawl gets here, then I am GOING to humor the guy. Because to be quite honest, the kid is very good at this. I point to the heroic Andabond, the bitter spray, and furniture leaves as an example. So sit back, stop making clowns of yourselves and stop acting more childishly than he is and take it for what it is, a good show. To those of you who laughed at the joke, you're going to be the real winners and enjoyers of the game when it comes out. *grabs popcorn and starts munching*
While it may be entertaining to humor a fake leaker and all, it can be damaging to some people who can't control their expectations because Brawl is so hyped up. All in all when Melee came out people were disappointed because of expectations, but it was one of the best GC games anyways. It can take you to a mindset subconsciously that may cause disappointment later.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Thank you for a reasonable response without anger or annoyance to it, xbrinkx. I will have to agree with you on that point. I guess I'm a little more level-headed about things given I'm 28 years old. *shrug* Anyhow.. When I say humor, I mean just reading the updates and laughing. I have yet to respond to any of these leakers. I just watch the hysterics from people being way too serious about things, that's all. It's not the end of the world if Brawl doesn't have this character or that character, after all. Brawl is going to be great regardless, So in the end it's a moot point that everyone seems to forget in the excitement of the moment.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Thank you for a reasonable response without anger or annoyance to it, xbrinkx. I will have to agree with you on that point. I guess I'm a little more level-headed about things given I'm 28 years old. *shrug* Anyhow.. When I say humor, I mean just reading the updates and laughing. I have yet to respond to any of these leakers. I just watch the hysterics from people being way too serious about things, that's all. It's not the end of the world if Brawl doesn't have this character or that character, after all. Brawl is going to be great regardless, So in the end it's a moot point that everyone seems to forget in the excitement of the moment.
You're welcome, I try not to act in anger unless it's absolutely necessary. Yah, this game is taken pretty seriously, but getting to the meat of the subject on Smashboards usually makes us really into discussion. To think, if this were a real political environment then we'd probably be a groundbreaking community who think about things deeper. Heh, Smash Politics is fun.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Is that a girl or a guy?.. I know what the video is
(the one about britney spears right? She's in the new movie "Meet the Spartans" rofl!)
, but I don't have volume..
That person's a dude. His stage name is Chris Crocker and he's openly gay, which is why he looks and acts very androgynous... oh well, if you really want to know all about him, it's all on Wikipedia.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
The latest update makes him sound fake, like he's just looking for attention. He dosen't sound very believeable anymore. I call BS on this guy.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
The latest update makes him sound fake, like he's just looking for attention. He dosen't sound very believeable anymore. I call BS on this guy.
Yeah he's done. His updates are getting pointless. He's getting bored. At first he was somewhat believable, but now he's just not even trying.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
There's only two weeks until credible information will begin being leaked with the release of Brawl in Japan. Go read a book or something you guys.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I agree, books FTW! Seriously, I'm reading a book that's really good. I think people are getting desperate for a big bach of freshly baked Brawl.

Eszett

Smash Cadet
Yes! I'm now encouraged to read My Name is Red now. Thanks, Smashboards!

Ever since the Tortimer incident, I've been wary of the fall-mighty goad.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
I see it as why would he post a fake roster if he knows he's right then he wouldn't mind "joking" around because he knows that he actually knows the information.. Not sure if I beleive him but I'm just saying, the only reason I could see why he did it was because he doesn't have anything to hide...I'm not sure..

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I don't know who will laugh harder on Jan 24th, almightgoat at all the people who believed him, or the people who knew he was fake.

Either way the people who do believe him should feel stupid.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Why thealmightygoat is certainly a fake: He says his "source" mistranslated "Air Slash" as "Air Cutter." This is impossible. In the Japanese Pokemon games, and therefore in Brawl, Air Slash is spelled out in KATAKANA: エアスラッシュ. There is no way to read that as Air Cutter. It is not some kanji with multiple readings. This garbage about "a more literal translation" is in no way true. Thealmightygoat's 'leak' is a sham. There is no way to dispute this. People can't say "Aw, give him a chance, we'll see when the game comes out." Stop hanging on to your feeble hopes that he's a legitimate leak.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Why thealmightygoat is certainly a fake: He says his "source" mistranslated "Air Slash" as "Air Cutter." This is impossible. In the Japanese Pokemon games, and therefore in Brawl, Air Slash is spelled out in KATAKANA: エアスラッシュ. There is no way to read that as Air Cutter. It is not some kanji with multiple readings. This garbage about "a more literal translation" is in no way true. Thealmightygoat's 'leak' is a sham. There is no way to dispute this. People can't say "Aw, give him a chance, we'll see when the game comes out." Stop hanging on to your feeble hopes that he's a legitimate leak.
The point may be that even IF he got the name of the move wrong, if he predicted the attack, he's still safe (to a degree). Serebii didn't question his description OF the attack, he just questioned the name of the move.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I don't know who will laugh harder on Jan 24th, almightgoat at all the people who believed him, or the people who knew he was fake.

Either way the people who do believe him should feel stupid.
You see, it's comments like this that don't make it any better. Teasing the people who believe in these "leakers" when the reality of it comes to the surface will just make many people even more disappointed and maybe even discouraged about Brawl and not get into the real thick of the Smash community. I'm sorry to whoever teases believers in fake leaks :urg:.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
The point may be that even IF he got the name of the move wrong, if he predicted the attack, he's still safe (to a degree). Serebii didn't question his description OF the attack, he just questioned the name of the move.
I can see your point, but the idea is that he said he got the name of the attack from a Japanese speaking source. Why would he have any reason to lie about the name, except because he fabricated the attack to begin with?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I can see your point, but the idea is that he said he got the name of the attack from a Japanese speaking source. Why would he have any reason to lie about the name, except because he fabricated the attack to begin with?
Ah, I don't have a counter argument for that. Nice work, kamekasu :)

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I leave for an hour and come back and its gone from Spider-Man to Chris Crocker :S Whats the world coming to :D. As for goat, the joke roster wasn't funny, but....being the nice guy I am I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he has to say today. However I'm all but about to call shenanigans on this guy.

spindash

Smash Ace
While it definently discredits him, Spider-man would be pretty badass.

Too bad an inside source tells me the third party WTF is ACTUALLY YODA!
Oops! I'm sorry, but your inside source is wrong. Yoda is booked to make a debut in Soul Calibur IV alongside Darth Vader for the X-Box 360 and Playstation 3.

And this time, this ISN'T a hoax. XD

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
No, my thoughts exactly. In fact, I posted the same sort of information either earlier in this thread or in another thread entirely. SURASSHU is nowhere near KATTAA, and anyone who can read kana should be able to tell the difference between the two--not to mention the fact that the actual attack (SORA WO TOBU, Fly) is written in hiragana, a distinctly different syllabary altogether.

Great minds think alike, I guess. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom