• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The sad thing is what Serebii has said about him.

Originally Posted by Serebii
Thing that annoys me is he keeps posting stuff that I cannot confirm or deny...its like he knows what I have and don't have and is working with that...

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Wow, people want to believe this guy to the point that thy are actually suggesting that Spider-Man really was in the game?!

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Well this IS Sakurai and he is known for doing the most WTF things...so maybe he did add Spider-Man? Ya never know....Spider-Man could be in and Sakurai could've changed his mind about the "Originating from a video game"

We won't know if Spiderman is in or not until someone gets the entire roster!

Or if the story mode plays out that way hhmm... :O
I can't believe this.
If I or anyone else on here said that there was a chance that Spiderman would be in Brawl, you would have laughed it off as utterly ridiculous spam.
But because it comes from the mouth of this "prophet", you are actually willing to consider that a character like Spiderman could get into Brawl.

This goat guy must be casting some kind of magical spell that destroys people's ability to think logically. I can't understand how people can take him seriously just because he "sounds like the real thing".

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Wow, people want to believe this guy to the point that thy are actually suggesting that Spider-Man really was in the game?!
Terms of Service subject to change at any time.

The game was given a release date and it was changed.

I don't think anyone outside a game will be in, but I'm just sayin', that's all...

And even I wish people would quit badgering Serebii because just WTH would he do? He said he doesn't know it all, so even if he DID reveal what he knows, it'd only debunk like.... 5% and then we'd overlook it and then keep on b*tchin'.

ugh.

squall1207

Smash Cadet
What I think he was trying to say is if we see a roster leak we will usually believe it even if seems fake and it's true we take things to seriously!:chuckle:

Shuma

Smash Hero
He updated again, saying that he was joking? Eh? What? Spider-man!?

No, no Wait what!?

Of course after seeing Darth Vader in Soul Calibur anything can- No! just no, WHAT THE ****!?

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
It's a very risky game he is playing. Like dancing around a ravenous tiger, eventually you're going to get mauled.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, even if he is fake, I'm still looking forward to tommorow, should be interesting to see what he comes out with. Same with his Smash Dash appearance. At the least he keeps up a good show.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Meh, I take his updates with a grain of salt, but I do agree they are entertaining. I kind of...don't want him to be proven wrong, because that would mean most of these wonderful ideas would go to waste. They are nice.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
All in all, I guess that his joke just made him lose all his credability.

If people still believe him now....then I'm sorry, you're an idiot.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well you can't really blame him(assuming he is "real"). Because, well he is right:

I hope everyone walks away from this with a lighter attitude towards Smash. This is why I don't leak major info like this regularly. Everyone gets riled up and agitated.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
you fall right into why he joked...

to make a point that smash fans are way way too serious about their facts.

Seriously, lighten up, give people the benefit of the doubt, especially when they seem believable. It's not like being interested in it and it being wrong is going to kill you or something...

Frogla

Smash Ace
Well you can't really blame him(assuming he is "real"). Because, well he is right:
What do you expect its crunch time a week left at least, and if your a freaking lair. Getting your jollies from seeing us feel excited by a roster and then immediately it being shot down. Im sure if this was a Forum in the Roman sense of the words and all us Smashboardians were listening to him.

And then he begins to tell these horrible lies we would bite his head off. And scream "THIS IS SMASH BOARDS". Seriously he would never pull it in real life.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
It was believable until Spider man which was like the last part.

Really would you have believed the Melee leak. Roy? Dr Mario? WTF PICHU!
You'd think people would think of common sense and trial and error. People assume there's going to be a leak, when in actuality, Nintendo is learning from their past mistake in SSBM and keeping it as secretive as possible. Seriously guys, if he was telling the truth, then Nintendo would've given a warning to him by now to stop leaking or else. Similar to the Krystal leak.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
you fall right into why he joked...

to make a point that smash fans are way way too serious about their facts.

Seriously, lighten up, give people the benefit of the doubt, especially when they seem believable. It's not like being interested in it and it being wrong is going to kill you or something...
There is NO logical reason to give someone "the benefit of the doubt" because they seem reasonable.
This leaker has not given us any reason to believe him any more than the others.
There are many conflicting "prophecies". What makes his so special?

There is also no point in considering the truthfulness of these supposed leaks because you can't prove it true or false.
Ignoring this crap, since it is so likely fake, can't hurt. There's always the Dojo which will never fail to present reliable info.
But wondering whether this is the truth or not will change nothing.
So what if this IS the truth? Can anyone prove it? NO.
Thus it has no bearing on anything.

Frogla

Smash Ace
You'd think people would think of common sense and trial and error. People assume there's going to be a leak, when in actuality, Nintendo is learning from their past mistake in SSBM and keeping it as secretive as possible. Seriously guys, if he was telling the truth, then Nintendo would've given a warning to him by now to stop leaking or else.
A WARNING what can nintendo do, the guy diddnt sign a contract. Nintendo has no power in that area.

Frogla

Smash Ace
More like a lawsuit.

Divulging secret company info is illegal. Period.
Pull up that law for me good sir, If nintendo could press charges Serebii wouldnt have anything to his name.

Edit- even if there is a warning its already revealed the news is out. We still know about the Krystal info are we being sued for spreading it around.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Pull up that law for me good sir, If nintendo could press charges Serebii wouldnt have anything to his name.

Edit- even if there is a warning its already revealed the news is out. We still know about the Krystal info are we being sued for spreading it around.
I'm sure the voice actor got a fair warning. Serebii SAID he got in trouble for releasing info on several occasions, besides, he hasn't really said anything confirming/deconfirming anything besides that Plusle and Minnun aren't in.

edit- How would YOU feel if your game's biggest secrets were being shown to the world? Wouldn't you try sueing?

Frogla

Smash Ace
I'm sure the voice actor got a fair warning. Serebii SAID he got in trouble for releasing info on several occasions, besides, he hasn't really said anything confirming/deconfirming anything besides that Plusle and Minnun aren't in.
Did the guy who leaked Melee get in trouble?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
See that? Real leakers can't just get away with a slap on the wrist.
If all Nintendo could do was "warn" someone who divulged secret info, there would likely be more leaks from more official sources.
I'm sure there are people who are really in the know about what's in Brawl, like game testers and magazine reviewers and such, but they're not saying anything. Why? Because it's frickin classified. They are not at liberty to say, lest they meet dire consequences.

EDIT: Visit this link.

http://wbz.com/pages/1369491.php?

Apple won a lawsuit against a website for divulging secret company info.

Why do you think Nintendo couldn't do the same?

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Did the guy who leaked Melee get in trouble?
It's very obscure of what happened to him since no one believed him and he pretty much never posted anymore. What I meant with a warning for the VA for Krystal was that she works for them, giving her an advantage. An unemployed, or less vital employee would get off much worse.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
There is NO logical reason to give someone "the benefit of the doubt" because they seem reasonable.
This leaker has not given us any reason to believe him any more than the others.
There are many conflicting "prophecies". What makes his so special?

There is also no point in considering the truthfulness of these supposed leaks because you can't prove it true or false.
Ignoring this crap, since it is so likely fake, can't hurt. There's always the Dojo which will never fail to present reliable info.
But wondering whether this is the truth or not will change nothing.
So what if this IS the truth? Can anyone prove it? NO.
Thus it has no bearing on anything.
OrlanduEX, every time someone posts something saying that it might be true or to calm down, you seem to take it as a personal affront and rant about how there is no possible way that this can be true. Is it too hard for you to simply say, "I don't believe this for a second and I'm laughing at what hes saying and I will be laughing at you guys when he is disproved."

Honestly its almost as if you want to keep the ranting going instead of people being able to talk about things without going OMG MY INNER FANBOY IS CRYING!!

He (thealmightygoat) said spiderman was in the game,liar.T_T
He gives people from GS (like myself,I'm Giratina667) a bad name.
You know you said that was a joke and that he only did that because people fallowing the updates were too uptight?

To everyone, just read a few pages back before posting so we don't have people yelling at old news over and over again.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Got me, i seriously do doubt Nintendo would do that. Its not something they generally go about doing.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
OrlanduEX, every time someone posts something saying that it might be true or to calm down, you seem to take it as a personal affront and rant about how there is no possible way that this can be true. Is it too hard for you to simply say, "I don't believe this for a second and I'm laughing at what hes saying and I will be laughing at you guys when he is disproved."

Honestly its almost as if you want to keep the ranting going instead of people being able to talk about things without going OMG MY INNER FANBOY IS CRYING!!.
I kinda see what you mean. I've been posting the same thing here too much, but I literally get annoyed when I see people actually believing this.

I just feel like "how gullible can you be? Why are you letting this person take advantage of you with these lies?"

Whatever. People will choose to believe it no matter what.
But you're right though. I'm taking this way too seriously.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
It's a very risky game he is playing. Like dancing around a ravenous tiger, eventually you're going to get mauled.
Sounds like some punk at the zoo a couple weeks ago.

Seriously, don't mess with the tigers.

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't know what to believe anymore. Not only have I lost all of the trust I had in Almightygoat now, but I have realized just how gullible I am to all of these people crying out for attention. I could believe in him again if one of his predictions becomes true one of these days, but I'm gonna start taking things with a grain (more like a truckload) of salt from now on.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Got me, i seriously do doubt Nintendo would do that. Its not something they generally go about doing.
That is true that Nintendo is more lighthearted about things that most companies would sue quickly about, but this is one of their biggest projects ever, with one of the biggest teams working on one game ever. I think that's reason enough to say that Nintendo would've come down hard on thealmightgoat and anyone else for that matter, if they leaked all of that information. So I think it's safe to say that thealmightygoat is less credible, although he has great ideas.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I kinda see what you mean. I've been posting the same thing here too much, but I literally get annoyed when I see people actually believing this.

I just feel like "how gullible can you be? Why are you letting this person take advantage of you with these lies?"

Whatever. People will choose to believe it no matter what.
But you're right though. I'm taking this way too seriously.
Thanks for the response,

I just think of his posts as something like the MOJO updates, probably not true, but still fun to read.

But I understand how you feel as well, people should not think this is true at all, but only as something to read in anticipation of Brawl.

EDIT: Dose anyone know why the forums have been slow lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom